Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency (35293 Views)

FG Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage As NLC Suspends Nationwide Strike / Ganduje Agrees To Pay 30,000 Minimum Wage With Additional N600 (N30,600) / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by e7ejinima: 9:54am On Nov 07, 2018
Sholaco:
How can he endorsed it alone shocked.....na only him be government

Who is head of government?

SCAMMERS!!!

I will be shocked if APC led govt is just learning that the President is not just the highest officer in the executive arm but also head of government.

He is head of government, same it. All he says and conveys is as head of the administration.

SCAMMERS!!!!
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by Mizwisdom(f): 9:55am On Nov 07, 2018
Uglymind:
30000 is too poor.. It is merely 82$
How can a grown man use this to take care of himself and his family
Nigeria?? cry

Go away with your evil comparisons
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by Just2endowed2(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2018
GavelSlam:

President Buhari pledged that the Federal Government would soon transmit an Executive bill (on National Minimum Wage) to the National Assembly for its passage within the shortest possible time. He said: “Our plan is to transmit the Executive bill to the National Assembly for its passage within the shortest possible time.

Just read the same statement damn it.

you are economical with the truth. What happen to executive order he has been using to flex his power? so its now he knows he has to go through the national assembly right? the dullard is an hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by e7ejinima: 9:59am On Nov 07, 2018
kunmiiii:

Your own case is clearly hopeless, because you lack the most basic comprehension skills, It'd be futile explaining federalism to you because you clearly want to continue wallowing in your short sighted ignorance. But maybe there'd be hope for you if you read this excerpt over and over and over and over and over again.

“Our plan is to transmit the Executive bill to the National Assembly for its passage within the shortest possible time.

You open you mouth and curse out your liver on a subject you don't even know anything about.

I outlined in my earlier post the exact process for the approval of National minimum wage. Do you even comprehend that?

You need to know your level and who you should contend with.

I see no knowledge or grey matter in what you post. Just a mere penchant to lay curses.

I will watch your next post and if there is no content, I will banish you forever from commenting or quoting me. Right? I await

Fyi: https://www.nairaland.com/4831694/buhari-not-endorsed-n30000-minimum/1#72752301
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by GavelSlam: 10:13am On Nov 07, 2018
Just2endowed2:

you are economical with the truth. What happen to executive order he has been using to flex his power? so its now he knows he has to go through the national assembly right? the dullard is an hypocrite.

Shut up.

The most ignorant of you are always the loudest.

The act of constitution mandates compliance by all parties.
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by Rindo69: 10:15am On Nov 07, 2018
When it is time for what will benefit the general populace, then you will realize the shared responsibility of the various arms of government. If it is to sign Executive Order now; you would have done that sharp sharp.
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by GenFunction: 10:17am On Nov 07, 2018
why una dey worry sef?Atiku go come upgrade am to 50k sef

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by IbrahimDamola: 10:20am On Nov 07, 2018
lowgeorge:
Buhari is the biggest fraudster in the whole wide world... Never again shall educated black minds subject themselves to an illiterate economic suicidian , religious shenanigan, a political amaranthus, and a ethnic divider.... Woe betide you!!

I thought yarimo and almaiga the rotten-toothed mallams were shouting Sai baba for the salary increment.

1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by poyet(m): 10:28am On Nov 07, 2018
tesppidd:
Nigerian press.

Half baked press men everywhere I go.
In Nigeria everything is half-baked. Even the president na half-baked individual. Is the police, the judiciary, the lawmakers?
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by Talknochip(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2018
We have not heard the last from this issue! NLC sha... What was the 'agreement' that made them to suspend the strike?SMH... with the APC, all you will have is confusion, chaos and more confusion
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by tesppidd: 10:53am On Nov 07, 2018
poyet:

In Nigeria everything is half-baked. Even the president na half-baked individual. Is the police, the judiciary, the lawmakers?
I tell you,

Even the main opposition party is half baked.
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by orisa37: 11:02am On Nov 07, 2018
Simply stay out of Trouble. It's a good formula.
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by Didi2d(m): 11:13am On Nov 07, 2018
Uglymind:

It might be per hour not a day.. angry

Per hour I meant jare
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by MNDY(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2018
So una no know say the suspension of the strike na to save the country from embarrassment as Prince Charles dey come Naija.
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by Almaiga: 11:43am On Nov 07, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

I thought yarimo and almaiga the rotten-toothed mallams were shouting Sai baba for the salary increment.

Go School, you no gree go. Na Buhari matter you come carry for head like Gala. grin grin
What my beloved President said was, the minimum wages has to be approved by the President, Council of States, Legislatures and the Economic Council.

Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by pawesome(m): 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2018
peacettw:
Am I the only one confused about the terms Presidency and President?
am with you on that o
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by IbrahimDamola: 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2018
Almaiga:

Go School, you no gree go. Na Buhari matter you come carry for head like Gala. grin grin
What my beloved President said was, the minimum wages has to be approved by the President, Council of States, Legislatures and the Economic Council.

You are in 'sifia' pains. No be so? grin

1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by engrjacuzzi: 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2018
Nothing works under buhari even ordinary strike is not working. ����
��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by e7ejinima: 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2018
Just2endowed2:

5,000 likes!
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by Bizibi(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2018
e7ejinima:

Just agree that your masters have scammed NLC.

So who agreed in principle, President, Presidecy (that has clearly recanted) or is it Ministry of Labour? Or is it the Head of Civil Service?

SCAM!

FEC has not even agreed in principle not to talk of NEC.

SCAM!!!

NLC was just been 'settled'. Quote me

And your job this morning is to come and defend on this thread. BMC shame on you.

Buhari can destroy all institutions in Nigeria but he cannot destroy us, the role of Nigeria.

Just in one week he has destroyed two institutions -WAEC and NLC. Thank God the Army lived up to expectation and rejected pressure and stated the truth that they have nothing on Buhari's file.

Big shame of a nation

Big shame of a president
this was what i was saying two days ago,nlc are known for shaking table to be settled.
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by delkuf(m): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2018
GavelSlam:

President Buhari pledged that the Federal Government would soon transmit an Executive bill (on National Minimum Wage) to the National Assembly for its passage within the shortest possible time. He said: “Our plan is to transmit the Executive bill to the National Assembly for its passage within the shortest possible time.

Just read the same statement damn it.
this is how is suppose to be. He collected the report of the committee yesterday, the federal executive council will meet and deliberate on it, then it will be pass to the national Assembly. I don't what you are expecting, but this is the normal process. But one thing I will assure you, it wont take time because of the election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by delkuf(m): 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2018
kunmiiii:

But you're foolish enough to believe only the executive has the absolute power to enact minimum wage, be well informed before you all come here to embarrass yourselves.
thank you brother. I don't know how Nigerian think. they think it would become money yesterday. I have set my mind in January for the implementation and that is because of the election.
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by delkuf(m): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2018
kunmiiii:

Not again...

Are you sure you even know what accent means yet you ignorantly asserted "You know these things more than me"

How can he accent a bill that hasn't been passed in the legislature

Chaaaii...Your ignorance is mind numbing.

“Our plan is to transmit the Executive bill to the National Assembly for its passage within the shortest possible time.

It is only after that he can "accent" to the bill to become a LAW!!!
I like the way you are telling to this guys. But I want to ask you a question, how long will It take with this process
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by e7ejinima: 11:09pm On Nov 07, 2018
Making it easy for Atiku!

ATIKU MEDIA PRESS RELEASE

Minimum Wage: A Government Must Be Trusted To Keep Its
Word

Abuja, Nigeria, 07 November, 2018: Our attention has been
drawn to a statement from the Presidency denying
President Buhari’s earlier pledge to pay the new minimum
wage of ₦30,000 agreed with the Nigerian Labour Congress
and other labour affiliates in a signed communiqué.

This approbation and reprobation is characteristic of the
Buhari administration and is evidence of the lack of
leadership at the very top that is putting our economy in
peril.

Just two weeks ago, two of the world’s largest banks, HSBC
and UBS, pulled out of Nigeria citing lack of policy stability
as their reason. This same reason was given by Procter and
Gamble when they pulled out last year. In the span of the
three years that this administration has been in office, more
than 500 companies have pulled out of Nigeria for similar
reasons. Nigeria under President Buhari has become
synonymous with policy flip flopping.

A government is only as reliable as its word and if its word
is not reliable then nothing else about the government will
be stable. This is why Nigeria suffered from a recession
under this administration and is right now at risk of another
recession.

At the risk of repeating ourselves, we urge the Buhari
administration to note that Nigerian workers are the goose
that lays the golden egg that top members of this
government are enjoying to the detriment of those laying the
egg.

We are aware that both President Buhari and Vice President
Osinbajo, despite living and feeding at the public expense,
collect a hardship allowance of 50% of their annual basic
salary, whereas, the long suffering Nigerian workers, who
are the main sufferers of the hardship caused by the
incompetence of this administration, do not have any
hardship allowance and are expected to live on the
unliveable minimum wage of the Buhari government.

It is a testament to how badly we have treated our
workforce over the last three years that Nigeria was
officially declared the world headquarters for extreme
poverty by the World Poverty Clock and the World Economic
Forum.

We can only change this by paying our workers a living
wage as opposed to the starvation wages now paid to them
by the Buhari administration.

We therefore call on President Muhammadu Buhari to keep
faith with the agreement his government freely reached with
labour and affirm the new minimum wage.

Atiku Presidential Campaign Organisation
120, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent
Wuse II
Abuja
Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by Just2endowed2(m): 5:44am On Nov 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

Shut up.

The most ignorant of you are always the loudest.

The act of constitution mandates compliance by all parties.

Its you that should shut your mouth,
Re: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency by kinibigdil: 6:46am On Nov 09, 2018
peacettw:
Am I the only one confused about the terms Presidency and President in Nigerian politics?
Have you not heard the quote by the former SGF "who is the presidency" naija!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“Bye Bye For Obidients” – Senator Nnamani Asks Supporters To Dump Peter Obi / APC Rally In Zaki-Biam In Ukum LGA, Benue State (Pictures) / General Olukolade And Oby Ezekwesili Vent Anger On Each Other Over BIU Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.