Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Ibrahimovic Reveals Why English Premier League Is Overrated - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ibrahimovic Reveals Why English Premier League Is Overrated (327 Views)

‘I Don’t Want To Lose 50%’ — Zlatan Ibrahimovic Reveals Why He Is Not Married / Ibrahimovic Reveals What Caused Pogba’s Fight With Jose Mourinho / Zlatan Ibrahimovic Reveals Why He Return To Manchester United After Struggling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ibrahimovic Reveals Why English Premier League Is Overrated by Hotsports: 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2018
Former Manchester United star, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has sparked controversy for saying the “The Premier League is Overrated”.

Having won league titles with Ajax in Netherland, Inter Milan & AC Milan in Italy, Barcelona in Spain, PSG in France the Swedish Legend joined Manchester United in 2016 in order to add the English Premier League to his list of honours.

Ibrahimovic, however, could not witness Premier League glory at Manchester United in his two years’ stint but was part of the 2016/2017 double winning team who conquered the Europa League and the EFL cup.

In his interview with FourFourTwo magazine, Ibrahimovic revealed he had signed for the Red Devils to show everyone his ability in the overrated English Premier League.

“I’d had a long career before I came – different kinds of countries, different kinds of clubs,” he told FourFourTwo “People said, ‘You don’t need to go to England because if you fail in England, people will always say you weren’t good enough’. Everybody was against it. And guess what? That made me motivated. That gave me adrenaline.

“I liked the Premier League. I found it very motivating and very exciting. It gets a lot of attention, although I feel the quality is a little bit overrated – the individual quality, the technical part. But the rhythm is high. Even if you are the best, if you can’t handle the rhythm, the pace, then you will not succeed, because the pace is very high.”

Ibra’s two-year spell at the Old Trafford was marred by a 7-month excruciating knee ligament injury, the LA Galaxy star still netted 28 goals in 46 matches.

Ibrahimovic boasted that the English Premier League was fortunate he was 35 at the time he finally signed for Manchester United. Maybe he would have become one of the league’s best players in history.

“I’m super proud and super happy that I went to United – it was the right club,” he says. “We won, and I did what I did before I got injured. I had an excellent time – great memories. I’m attached to United forever. The supporters are amazing: wherever I went, I saw red shirts, which was fantastic. It’s a very important moment in my career”, said Ibrahimovic

“As I said when I was in England, you’re lucky I didn’t come 10 years ago, because if I did what I did at 35 years old, imagine it if I was 25. Then it would have been a different story. I came there and they said I came in a wheelchair. All the people that talked, in the whole Premier League, I put them in a wheelchair. That’s what I did.”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic,37, still holds the record as the only player to have ever played for seven different clubs in the Champions League. The tattoo-crazy Ibrahimovic has won over 30 football titles in his twenty years of footballing career.

Read More:

(1) (Reply)

Fulham Set To Sign Chelsea Onloan Tiemoue Bakayoko / Pique Reacts To Barcelona Shock Loss To Real Betis / Car tracker and CCTV installation(very affordable)08173581492

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.