Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo (702 Views)

AMAECHI REACTS: Trashes All The Allegations Against Him / Pdp's "Rapid Fire" Accusations Are Laughable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by AloyEmeka8: 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2010
[size=14pt]Why Soludo is after me -Akunyili *Allegations laughable -Soludo[/size]
Written by Sam Nwaoko, Awka
Tuesday, July 20, 2010

THE Minister of Information and Communications, Professor Dora Akunyili, has said her in-law and former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Chukwuma Soludo, is after her because he refused to be placated following his failure in the February governorship election in Anambra State.

Professor Akunyili, in a statement made available to the Nigerian Tribune at the weekend, in reaction to a publication that she had a quarrel with the youth during the burial ceremony of her elder sister, alleged that the former CBN boss was not happy with her because "he singled me out as the source of his failure to win the election."

During the funeral ceremony of Mrs Gloria Ezenwanne, Soludo's mother in-law, at the weekend, in Isuofia, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, some youths dismantled the tents mounted by Professor Akunyili to entertain her guests, while her security aides allegedly manhandled some of the youth and arrested them for the act.

Following the misunderstanding, senior police officers in the state and the traditional ruler of Isuofia, Igwe Okpara Unegbu, intervened and the minister took her guests and visitors to her father's compound in Nanka community, Orumba North Local Government Area of the state.

Professor Akunyili, while reacting to the incident, said Soludo "brought that anger, grudge and frustration to the burial of his mother in-law, who is also my elder sister.

"All arrangements made by me and other siblings were vandalised by Soludo's thugs."

According to her, "they followed this up with text messages of blackmail to my guests, friends and well-wishers. When the environment in Isuofia became too insecure, tense and hostile, I quietly relocated to my father's compound at Nanka, which is a few kilometres away just to avoid trouble."

Akunyili added that "all efforts to make him understand that I alone cannot make him governor have failed. So he brought that anger, grudge and frustration to the burial of his mother-in-law."

Reacting, Professor Soludo, through his Media Assistant, Bonaventure Melah, denied the allegations, saying that "they are laughable,"

He added that all the funeral arrangements were taken care of by Soludo and his wife, in conjunction with the immediate family of the Ezenwanne without Professor Akunyili contributing anything to it."

Melah, in a telephone interview with the Nigerian Tribune, said one of the attributes that marked Soludo out during the electioneering was his rejection and condemnation of all forms of thuggery and acts of violence."

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jul/20/604.html
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by canuck(m): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2010
Professor Soludo and thugs mentioned in the same breath? Say it ain't so!
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2010
These folks need to grow up! There is fire on the mountain and instead these two "leaders" are busy engaging in cat fights over what? In laws fight, it is expected(no matter how silly), however, our newspapers need to get a life already!!! Na primepeople all over again?
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by AloyEmeka8: 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

These folks need to grow up! There is fire on the mountain and instead these two "leaders" are busy engaging in cat fights over what? In laws fight, it is expected(no matter how silly), however, our newspapers need to get a life already!!! Na primepeople all over again?

You may not blame Dora on this one. She has the right as a Nigerian citizen and someone who has survived assassination attempt to speak out because encountering PDP thugs is like meeting Osama.
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

You may not blame Dora on this one. She has the right as a Nigerian citizen and someone who has survived assassination attempt to speak out because encountering PDP thugs is like meeting Osama.

Oh please!!! The woman whines worse than a baby . . . you can't ever take her words seriously!! PDP Thugs my foot . . . is she not part of the PDP engine?
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by AloyEmeka8: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Oh please!!! The woman whines worse than a baby . . . you can't ever take her words seriously!! PDP Thugs my foot . . . is she not part of the PDP engine?

Nope she's not. I still do not see anything wrong with a helpless woman who cries for help from a notorious bandit like Soludo.
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
yeah! she's helpless alright . . roflmao!
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by Gekko(m): 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ive said it before and ill say it again , this woman is full of ape shi[i]t[/i]. I wish she will stop spamming the media with her rubbish.
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by Acidosis(m): 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2010
Media houses can be funny sometimes
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by tonysmart: 11:01pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka,

If you are Igbo, you should know that Dora has no right what so ever to host a parallel reception in Isuofia.She could have set up her canopy in Agulu or Nnanka. She was just looking for Soludo,s  trouble and is now crying wolf.
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by chamber2(m): 12:18am On Jul 23, 2010
@Aloy_Emeka

you opened ur mouth so wide to call a renowned prof.of Economics a bandit? You r d most silly being i v come across since d last two decades.Dog
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by yemmight(m): 9:18am On Jul 23, 2010
They use to be good colleagues professional when they were doing well in NAFDAC and CBN now politics is tearing them apart.
Re: Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo by Okijajuju1(m): 9:46am On Jul 23, 2010
Akunyili!! How have the mighty NAFDAC boss fallen.

Soludo's thugs!! Indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan$the North / Draw Your Own Conclusion. / More Trouble For Michael Aondoakaa: Why He Was Suspended As San

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.