Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Let Us Begin To Lay A Solid Foundation For A Prosperous Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Begin To Lay A Solid Foundation For A Prosperous Nigeria (198 Views)

A Vote For Atiku Is A Vote For New, Prosperous Nigeria — Titi Abubakar (Video) / I’ll Champion Indivisible, Prosperous Nigeria, Tinubu Tells Northern Leaders / Tinubu: We Will Build A Stronger, More Prosperous Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Begin To Lay A Solid Foundation For A Prosperous Nigeria by Ahamic(m): 4:05pm On Nov 07, 2018
It is an open secret that the creation of Nigeria by the British Government was mainly for their interest. But be it as it may, something will always make something to happen; and I think, that the so-called creation could have become the best thing that happened to the entire populace that made up Nigeria if we had done the right things from the onset.

Each of the regions that made up Nigeria is blessed with resources that can make them great nations. But coming together as an entity has the potential of making Nigeria far greater than each of the regions as separate nations combined together.

The key challenge was that the federating units did not plan together before the amalgamation to define what to expect from the marriage.

And, for the federating units to still remain together, despite all that had happened or that is still happening; means that we can actually as Nigerians be enjoying this nation called Nigeria if those saddled with the responsibility of running the affairs of Nigeria will retrieve their steps and start laying a solid foundation for a prosperous nation that the citizens will be proud of.

I think Nigerian leaders especially the legislatures should enact laws that will strengthen Nigeria as a nation while putting its diversities into consideration.

For instance, each federating units should be allowed to harness whatever resources God has blessed them with and pay tax to the central government. I believe this arrangement may deliver more resources to the Federal Government… And there are a whole lot of diverse demands from the federating units that the National Assembly has to consider and selflessly address them.

There should be accountability on the implementation of budgets by the executive. Every amount spent by the executives should be accounted for in full. The welfare of the people should be paramount in the budget process.

The Judiciary should be fair to all.

The citizens should begin to pay accurate taxes, dues, licenses, etc without being forced by the government to do so. And, the citizens should be able to determine who their leaders should be.

These are just my thoughts; go ahead and contribute.

https://www.goodgovernance.com.ng/let-us-begin-to-lay-a-solid-foundation-for-a-prosperous-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

2019:gni,best Man Suited For The Job / Buhari Declares State Of Emergency On Water And Sanitation. / APC Primaries Ticket Were Sold To Highest Bidders Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.