Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! (1545 Views)

Igbos Living In Lagos Are Lagosians, United Kingdom Insists / Fulani People Being Cheated Despite Providing Meat, Milk For Nigeria - Salisu / Igbos Are Not Being Cheated Or Marginalized- Sen. Ndume Says As He Slams Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by vonxe: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2018
Esseite:
-Kano is more populated than lagos with 44LGA
-Kano earns less IGR than lagos
-Kano has 3 times more land mass lagos
-Kano was not a federal capital, therefore no major federal governmental input.
-Kano is less indebted than lagos.
-Kano earns less revenue than lagos.

Meanwhile Kano pulled off a 2km start to finish bridge without tolling coupled with excellent roads.

-Lagos has less population with just 20 LGA
-Lagos earns about 503bn publicly announced
-Lagos is one of the smallest states
-Lagos was a capital with 75% ready layed down roads/amenities..
-Lagos is heavily indebted to a tune above 1trillion
-Lagos earns most revenue than all 36 states.

The question goes: ARE LAGOSIANS BEING CHEATED?
Everybody is being cheated.
Kano has more LGA but having more population is disputable.
Kano has more revenue from the FG than Lagos.
All state are indebted.
Lagos has the highest civil servant in Nigeria almost 4 times of kano. Think of the salaries.
Lagos has delivered projects Kano cant think of
E.g health care, power, roads, light rail not completed but almost finished.
Moreover do you know to construct road in the south is almost twice the price of constructing road in the north!

Everybody is being cheated even kano. Why not compare Kano and ogun then you will know kano is being cheated.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by shukuokukobambi: 10:23am On Nov 08, 2018
Esseite:

You are shooting off post... its not a PDP/APC state banter but on resource management on the huge allocation it gets monthly whereby a state with twice its population/size happen to carry out projects in tandem or more than lagos without tolling or excessive revenue drive. But the later has a debt over N1trillion and counting.

Please note Lagos was a former capital with 75% of roads and bridges built by the federal govt.

So in respect to the above narrative, are lagosians being CHEATED?!!

Also, get your facts right. Lagos State was not a former capital. The Island of Lagos was the former capital!!

There's Lagos Island inside Lagos state just like there's Enugu city inside Enugu State. Kano city inside Kano state. Kaduna City inside Kaduna State

4 Likes

Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 08, 2018
RockHard:

Since you are the one doing the accusing, why not enlighten us? The onus is on you to prove your allegations.

Well.. am not, am actually of the opinion of none untill proven otherwise, but kano with less in all comparison to Lagos is carrying out projects in tandem with Lagod. which begs the question

Are lagosians bring CHEATED!!
Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 08, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Also, get your facts right. Lagos State was not a former capital. The Island of Lagos was the former capital!!

There's Lagos Island inside Lagos state just like there's Enugu city inside Enugu State. Kano city inside Kano state. Kaduna City inside Kaduna State

Na wah oo..shukuokukobambi, this is a new one.. lagos has always been mapped and 75% over water bridges and roads constructed but what we majorly see are expansions and tolled roads/bridges adding to generated revenue which other states dont have and were never capitals but despite that Kano/rivers are almost if not equal on infrastructures.

That is why we ask, are Lagosians being CHEATED!!?
Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by Gandollar(f): 10:32am On Nov 08, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Just leave the hypocrite to be entertaining us with his dance of shame cheesy

They are the crooners of 'gandollar' yet he's using the same kano to ask if Lagos people feel cheated. Is he saying Kano people are not being cheated yet he carries 'gandollar' on his head like gala
Please abeg, mbok, biko, ejoor, tell that person carrying me on his head to put me down. I am expecting some contractors in my office right now.

2 Likes

Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by shukuokukobambi: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2018
Esseite:

Na wah oo..shukuokukobambi, this is a new one.. lagos has always been mapped and 75% over water bridges and roads constructed but what we majorly see are expansions and tolled roads/bridges adding to generated revenue which other states dont have and were never capitals but despite that Kano/rivers are almost if not equal on infrastructures.

That is why we ask, are Lagosians being CHEATED!!?

Here's your false claim

Please note Lagos was a former capital with 75% of roads and bridges built by the federal govt.

Less than 30% of LAGOS STATE WAS FEDERAL CAPITAL.

See another false claim made by you

kano is more densely populated than lagos while being virtually unmapped.

Kano Density as @ 2006 census 470/km2
Lagos Density as @ 2006 census 6,871/km2

Lagos is 15 times more dense than Kano!! and it would have increased by now because una Ekenedilishuku buses no dey tire to empty contents at yaba, maza maza and jibowu

Maybe if you had gotten these facts right, you'd have known that Lagos has more they have to spend money on than kano.

4 Likes

Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by shukuokukobambi: 10:37am On Nov 08, 2018
Gandollar:
Please abeg, mbok, biko, ejoor, tell that person carrying me on his head to put me down. I am expecting some contractors in my office right now.

cheesy cheesy cheesy bad guy
Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 08, 2018
vonxe:

Everybody is being cheated.
Kano has more LGA but having more population is disputable.
Kano has more revenue from the FG than Lagos.
All state are indebted.
Lagos has the highest civil servant in Nigeria almost 4 times of kano. Think of the salaries.
Lagos has delivered projects Kano cant think of
E.g health care, power, roads, light rail not completed but almost finished.
Moreover do you know to construct road in the south is almost twice the price of constructing road in the north!

Everybody is being cheated even kano. Why not compare Kano and ogun then you will know kano is being cheated.

With due respect, all you mention above dont hold water with kano having a higher population..

The INEC figure says otherwise on the population, on others:

-health care - majority are privatised and likewise thousands of other which brings in more revenue but not befiting infrastructures in tandem to its IGR..

Which begs the question, are Lagosians being cheated!!?
Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by Gandollar(f): 10:40am On Nov 08, 2018
afroniger:

These people were abusing Ambode for building flyovers at Lekki, Abule-Egba and Agege o, saying Lagos doesn't need that. Now they are trying to change the narrative.
Is that why his party disgraced him out of the primaries? For building unnecessary bridges.
Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by Gandollar(f): 10:40am On Nov 08, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy bad guy
cool
Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 08, 2018
afroniger:

With this statement right here alone, it is obvious you are unintelligent. You are just grandstanding but really you are not as bright as you try to let on. Common sense should tell you that topography is an even more significant variable in terms of costing infrastructure in different locations such as the ones in question.

E.g, building the foundation of a house in a swampy area can cost you up to five times more than on solid ground, depending on the type of foundation even. And even more so you are building more than one storey. You are not smart at all.

Great you took the bait, what infrastructures are built in comparison to its huge allocations, please note the oshodi transport hub was pegged at N22,8bn, what infrastructure at the magnitude does lagos posses revenue free like its counterpart, please no "capital city" infrastructures?... you can answer without insults.
Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 08, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Here's your false claim

Less than 30% of LAGOS STATE WAS FEDERAL CAPITAL.

See another false claim made by you

Kano Density as @ 2006 census 470/km2
Lagos Density as @ 2006 census 6,871/km2

Maybe if you had gotten these facts right, you'd have known that Lagos has more they have to spend money on than kano.

Great you brought it population density, can you also capture landmass?

With your narrative, it would take more infrasructure to cover the landmass of Kano than Lagos..

Despite that, Kano seems to be on same page with Lagos on infrastructure, are Lagosians being cheated?!!!
Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by shukuokukobambi: 10:48am On Nov 08, 2018
Esseite:

Great you brought it population density, can you also capture landmass?

With your narrative, it would take more infrasructure to cover the landmass of Kano than Lagos..

Despite that, If Kano is on same page with Lagos on infrastructure, are Lagosians being cheated?!!!

Can you point to the projects on this magnitude being done outside kano city?

1 Like

Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by afroniger: 11:06am On Nov 08, 2018
Esseite:

Great you took the bait, what infrastructures are built in comparison to its huge allocations, please note the oshodi transport hub was pegged at N22,8bn, what infrastructure at the magnitude does lagos posses revenue free like its counterpart, please no "capital city" infrastructures?... you can answer without insults.

Dude, this is the last time I will respond to your mention because like I said earlier, you are a fraudulent wannabe smarty pants. That's besides the fact that your submissions lack coherence ("what infrastructure at the magnitude does lagos posses revenue free like its counterpart" -- like WTF is that supposed to mean) I can barely make sense of that crap. undecided

Look, I won't indulge your laziness by listing the infrastructural strides of the state governments since '99 to date, because you could do so yourself if you weren't so lazy and mischievous (though I know you would still spin your findings to fit your mischievous narrative anyway). In relative terms, Lagos is still doing far far better than most states of the federation in terms of infrastructural delivery (#Fact). When you talk of its 'huge allocations', nna, what tha Bleep are you talking about What is so 'huge' about Lagos allocation compared to what Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Rivers, and Delta receive as allocations from the same FG? Lagos has to augment its allocations by ingeniously seeking ways to increase its IGR in order to meet its infrastructural and wage-bill obligations. If you feel the cost of the Oshodi hub is exhorbitant, that's fine. I'm sure you are not the only one that feels that way; your party (the PDP) does as well, because that is what the opposition are there for -- to disagree with everything the ruling party does. But until you guys put in the requisite work, enough to convince the electorate that you can do things better or differently, you can keep up with your rants which amount to mere academic exercises, while those that the majority of Lagosians have entrusted with the administration of the state will continue to do their jobs. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2018
afroniger:

Dude, this is the last time I will respond to your mention because like I said earlier, you are a fraudulent wannabe smarty pants. That's besides the fact that your submissions lack coherence ("what infrastructure at the magnitude does lagos posses revenue free like its counterpart" -- like WTF is that supposed to mean) I can barely makes sense of that crap. undecided

Look, I won't indulge your laziness by listing the infrastructural strides of the state governments since '99 to date, because you could do so yourself if you weren't so lazy and mischievous (though I know you would still spin your findings to fit your mischievous narrative anyway). In relative terms, Lagos is still doing far far better than most states of the federation in terms of infrastructural delivery (#Fact). When you talk of its 'huge allocations', nna, what tha Bleep are you talking about What is so 'huge' about Lagos allocation compared to what Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Rivers, and Delta receive as allocations from the same FG? Lagos has to augment its allocations by ingeniously seeking ways to increase its IGR in order to meet its infrastructural and wage-bill obligations. If you feel the cost of the Oshodi hub is exhorbitant, that's fine. I'm sure you are not the only one that feels that way; your party (the PDP) does as well, because that is what the opposition are there for -- to disagree with everything the ruling party does. But until you guys put in the requisite work, enough to convince the electorate that you can do things better or differently, you can keep up with your rants which amount to mere academic exercises, while those that the majority of Lagosians have entrusted with the administration of the state will continue to do their jobs. undecided

Seriously you are empty... you are just repeating yourself over and over again, despite addressing allocation disbursement of other states with little or no excess left compared to lagos you are repeating same over 3 times now.

Please move along, you lack conversation decorum.

Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by afroniger: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2018
Esseite:

Seriously you are empty... you are just repeating yourself over and over again, despite addressing allocation disbursement of other states with little or no excess left compared to lagos you are repeating same over 3 times now.

Please move along, you lack conversation decorum.

The report below is from September, 2018. Read it carefully and slowly. I can't even make sense of that crappy image you attached:

http://businesstodayng.com/delta-akwa-ibom-rivers-bayelsa-lagos-receive-highest-allocations-as-faac-disburses-n3-946trn-in-six-months/

Delta, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Lagos receive highest allocations as FAAC

...It said Delta State received the highest allocation of N101.19 billion in the six months, followed by Akwa Ibom with N100.2 billion; Rivers State with N85.01 billion, while Bayelsa received N77.14 billion....

The report further noted that following the top four states to make the top ten category in the report was Lagos State that received N59.52 billion

As you can see in that order, It's Delta, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, BAyelsa, before Lagos.

I hope you have now received sense, eh?

2 Likes

Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by FrudstaPresidnt: 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Which is your state? Let's check whether you're being cheated or not
I don't pay tax to my state government but Lagos state so your question is irrelevant.
Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by shukuokukobambi: 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2018
FrudstaPresidnt:
I don't pay tax to my state government but Lagos state so your question is irrelevant.

cheesy cheesy so cliché

At least tell us your state so we can help your kindred find out if they're being cheated or not. Don't you want your state developed and accountable too?

1 Like

Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by FrudstaPresidnt: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy so cliché

At least tell us your state so we can help your kindred find out if they're being cheated or not. Don't you want your state developed and accountable too?
Like I said before, it is irrelevant as to where I come from because it is outside the purview of the topic.
Open a separate thread for your irrelevant question if you really need an answer.
Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by shukuokukobambi: 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2018
FrudstaPresidnt:
Like I said before, it is irrelevant as to where I come from because it is outside the purview of the topic.
Open a separate thread for your irrelevant question if you really need an answer.

But i'll need to know your state of origin before i can open such a topic as the OP of this one did.

You want to die on top Lagos matter. Why not show just a little concern for your own dear state too?

1 Like

Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by FrudstaPresidnt: 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

But i'll need to know your state of origin before i can open such a topic as the OP of this one did.

You want to die on top Lagos matter. Why not show just a little concern for your own dear state too?
Kid tell daddy to buy you toys.
Re: Are Lagosians Being CHEATED!!! by shukuokukobambi: 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2018
FrudstaPresidnt:
Kid tell daddy to buy you toys.

Mr 'tax-payer-Lagos state', tell us your state of origin so we can help you find out if your folks are being cheated or not

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Beats Buhari By A Wide Margin In Enugu / How Fulani Converted Ruga Settlements In My Community Into An Emirate – Ex-obas / MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.