Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale (1534 Views)

Chimaroke Nnamani Replies PDP On His Reported Suspension / Borno 2023: You Are A Nobody – Zulum Replies PDP Governorship Candidate / Buhari Replies PDP On Plans To Impeach Saraki While In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by MANofMEN(m): 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2018
Group replies PDP on Trader Moni, says Nigerians not for sale

A political group in Nigeria has rejected the main opposition party’s claim on Trader Moni, a Social Investment Programme (SIP) initiated by the Buhari government.

Reacting to the claims of PDP, Sunday Akinloye, chairman of the Initiative to Save Democracy (ISD) explained that Nigerians are not for sale at any price.

He noted that because the PDP is a heavily corrupt party, its sees any money transaction as a bribe-giving relationship. “The PDP must note that Nigerians are wiser now and are not for sale. The Trader Moni scheme is very laudable as it has reached close to one million Nigerians.

Akinloye noted that the All Progressives Congress led government does not believe that Nigerians can be bought but instead they have dedicated their service towards the betterment of the people. “The traders who accessed Trader Moni early are already paying back the loan. Nigerians must know that these loans are tied to Bank Verification Numbers and must be repaid.

“The traders were not even asked for their Permanent Voters Card as claimed by the PDP. All you need to be eligible is to be a petty trader.

“The PDP merely reflects their kind of corruption-minded politics which failed to benefit the people for 16 years. They are bitter that they added no real value to Nigerians and will do anything to pull down a good government.

Akinloye explained that while there are so far over 809,000 beneficiaries of TraderMoni, over 1.1 million Nigerians - market women, traders, artisans, farmers – are currently beneficiaries of Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP), which comprises FarmerMoni, MarketMoni and TraderMoni.

FarmerMoni loans start at N300,000 and are for farmers in farming clusters, via farm aggregators, while MarketMoni is a 6-month interest-free credit of between N50,000 and N300,000 for small businesses - medium-scale traders, market women, artisans, and youth in market associations - under the auspices of their cooperative societies.

Under the TraderMoni scheme, beneficiaries can get access to a higher facility ranging from N15,000 to N100,000 when they repay N10,000 within the stipulated time period.

“PDP are insulting Nigerians by suggesting that our people are for sale,” Akinloye stressed, “No amount is good enough, our people's right to choose their leaders is priceless, let PDP stand on their own record and stop this abuse of our collective identity,” he added.

He then went on to explain that TraderMoni, which is part of the Federal Government’s Social Investment Programme (N-SIP), is designed to assist petty traders across the country expand their trade through the provision of collateral and interest-free loans from N10,000. The loans are repayable over a period of six months.

The scheme, which has since been formally launched in 33 states and the FCT, is expected to reach 2 million petty traders by the end of the year,

Also, through TraderMoni scheme, the Buhari Administration aims to take financial inclusion down to the grassroots, and uplift Nigerians at the bottom of the pyramid, considering the contribution of petty traders to economic development.

The Federal Government is also aware of the fact that many of the petty traders don’t have what the commercial banks require to grant them loans.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by GavelSlam: 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2018
All that PDP knows is how to steal.

3 Likes

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Zehavi: 8:02pm On Nov 08, 2018
Please let us be realistic and ask what sort of business can one start with 10 thousand naira?

1 Like

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by efighter: 8:09pm On Nov 08, 2018
PDP is angry that Abacha's stolen but recovered money is being shared to poor Nigerians. PDP prefered that the money should be shared among the few elites of the ruling class just as it was done all the Abacha's stolen money recovered during Obasanjo/Yar'Adua/Goatluck regimes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Pekele007: 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2018
GavelSlam:
All that PDP knows is how to steal.

Yes o...including Amaechi, Akpabio, Ganduje, Maina, Kemi Adeosun, Buhari, Tinubu, Babachair lawal etc.

They are all fee dee fee members undecided

2 Likes

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by GavelSlam: 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2018
Zehavi:
Please let us be realistic and ask what sort of business can one start with 10 thousand naira?

It is not for starting your business but for sustaining it.

If you were a cobbler, you could access 10k to buy materials especially if you have an order. Same for every petty trade you can think of.

You can access as much as 150k, interest-free I must add, based on your credit history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Zehavi: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

If you were a cobbler, you could access 10k to buy materials especially if you have an order. Same for every petty trade you can think of.

You can access as much as 150k, interest-free I must add, based on your credit history.
It seems you did not read the post . Please read it carefully before jumping in to defend what is illogical and unfeasible.
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Caseless: 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2018
PDP is a heavily corrupt party, its sees any money transaction as a bribe-giving relationship.

Nothing explains their madness than this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by GavelSlam: 8:34pm On Nov 08, 2018
Zehavi:
It seems you did not read the post . Please read it carefully before jumping in to defend what is illogical and unfeasible.

Shut up.

You have nothing to say and you are simply incorrigible.
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Zehavi: 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

Shut up.

You have nothing to say and you are simply incorrigible.
You should have told me that foolishness was your strong point. Anyway , try and maintain your pathetic life with 10k and see how far you will go grin
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by GavelSlam: 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2018
Zehavi:
You should have told me that foolishness was your strong point. Anyway , try and maintain your pathetic life with 10k and see how far you will go grin

Shut up.

It is obvious you lack thinking ability.

You must be a night soil man.
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Zehavi: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

Shut up.

It is obvious you lack thinking ability.

You must be a night soil man.
Your foolishness is our little secret ; please let it stay that way grin
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by GavelSlam: 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2018
Zehavi:
Your foolishness is our little secret ; please let it stay that way grin

Yours is available for the world to see.

You sir, are the record holder in stupidity.
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Oblang(m): 8:49pm On Nov 08, 2018
Zehavi:

Do u know ppl borrow money as low as that from LAPO with interest that can shove them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Zehavi: 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2018
Oblang:

Do u know ppl borrow money as low as that from LAPO with interest that can shove them.
What is your point exactly ?
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Cajal(m): 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2018
Do not mind the gue...
Core Atikulooter,atikuloosers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Oblang(m): 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2018
Zehavi:
What is your point exactly ?

My point is the money still meet the needs of some ppl. Imagine someone who can take such risk with lapo having access to an interest free loan like this to add up to his business...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Zehavi: 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2018
Oblang:

My point is the money still meet the needs of some ppl...
Nigeria has a population over 180million . Now how many people's need can this amount meet up to ?
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Oblang(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2018
Zehavi:
Nigeria has a population over 180million . Now how many people's need can this amount meet up to ?

Those at the bottom of the ladder...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Zehavi: 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2018
Oblang:

Those at the bottom of the ladder...
It seems you are clueless . How can you be saying "those at the bottom of the ladder ..." ? Do you know how many there are? What can 10k do in today's society ...what ? What sort of business will 10k open for you that will yield solid returns at the end of 6months ...? Please stop supporting incompetence : let us call a spade a spade ; 10k cannot do jack in today's society !
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Oblang(m): 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2018
Zehavi:
It seems you are clueless . How can you be saying "those at the bottom of the ladder ..." ? Do you know how many there are? What can 10k do in today's society ...what ? What sort of business will 10k open for you that will yield solid returns at the end of 6months ...? Please stop supporting incompetence : let us call a spade a spade ; 10k cannot do jack in today's society !

I reiterate 10k can do jack for those that really need it. Na here we dey when some ppl dey share billions among themselves.... Good night

1 Like

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Luckymama: 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2018
Oblang:

I reiterate 10k can do jack for those that really need it. Na here we dey when some ppl dey share billions among themselves.... Good night
Zehavi:
10k cannot do jack in today's society !
My people 10k can do a lot. I was at a cold room some weeks back to buy some fish in bulk. There was a crowd of women there all buying fish to resell in the market. A carton of scumbia fish is 16k. I was buying half carton which is 8k. None of the women there was buying up to half a carton. Most of them were buying 1/4 I.e four of them will share a carton to sell. As a result many of them were hanging around looking for who to share with. If any of them have access to this money, instead if spending hours in a cold room looking for who will share a carton of fish with them shebi they will just buy what they want and go about their business. This is just one example. Same with women selling tomatoes, pepper onions etc. such infusion of cash will make a difference to them. It’s not meant for people like you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by uba1991: 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2018
Luckymama:
My people 10k can do a lot. I was at a cold room some weeks back to buy some fish in bulk. There was a crowd of women there all buying fish to resell in the market. A carton of scumbia fish is 16k. I was buying half carton which is 8k. None of the women there was buying up to half a carton. Most of them were buying 1/4 I.e four of them will share a carton to sell. As a result many of them were hanging around looking for who to share with. If any of them have access to this money, instead if spending hours in a cold room looking for who will share a carton of fish with them shebi they will just buy what they want and go about their business. This is just one example. Same with women selling tomatoes, pepper onions etc. such infusion of cash will make a difference to them. It’s not meant for people like you.
ask d guy if he had ever given 10 thousand to a poor man.GOD BLESS BUHARI AND OSINBAJO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by GavelSlam: 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2018
Luckymama:

Don't mind them.

You would think all Nigerians have millionaires as parents.
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by Zehavi: 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2018
Luckymama:
I will ask you one question :
is it wrong for the Nigerian government to give interest-free loans of up to 50k for people who wish to start small business?
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by GavelSlam: 11:39pm On Nov 08, 2018
Zehavi:
is it wrong for the Nigerian government to give interest-free loans of up to 50k for people who wish to start small business?

Shut up.

If they give 50k interest-free loans to the unemployed, you would later ask why it isn't 100k.

1 Like

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by MalcoImX: 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2018
“PDP are insulting Nigerians by suggesting that our people are for sale,” Akinloye stressed, “No amount is good enough, our people's right to choose their leaders is priceless, let PDP stand on their own record and stop this abuse of our collective identity,” he added.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by SIRAO(m): 11:46pm On Nov 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

those selling pure water can aswell top their business with the money, 10k can change life if we'll manage since one can access higher loan. we should praise Buhari government for its integrity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by MalcoImX: 11:47pm On Nov 08, 2018
Zehavi:

Or, you are the one who didn't read it:

"He then went on to explain that TraderMoni, which is part of the Federal Government’s Social Investment Programme (N-SIP), is designed to assist petty traders across the country expand their trade through the provision of collateral and interest-free loans from N10,000. The loans are repayable over a period of six months."
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by SIRAO(m): 11:49pm On Nov 08, 2018
Zehavi:
pls they 're still giving that if you 're well informed. Research well
Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by olalat(m): 2:14am On Nov 09, 2018
Zehavi:
you see, this is the reason you had issue with gavel guy. Your mind is so conditioned to bad mouth the program that any enlightenment means nothing to you. The woman frying akara by the road side knows what the money can do in augmenting her business. Check in at a LAPO office to understand what impact the money can have in some people life.

1 Like

Re: Group Replies PDP On Trader Moni, Says Nigerians Not For Sale by seanfer(m): 4:29am On Nov 09, 2018
Zehavi:

10k May be a small money to most of us, But I want to tell you that there are lots of people that will appreciate that money.. E.G those selling sachet water in the traffic or market some of them take it on credit and return the money when they sold it, in a market you will some elderly people that their vegetable and pepper tray won’t be up to 5k in total. With 10K someone can start a Mamaput or small chops business. I think We should appreciate this govt for showing little compassion on the petty traders, even though the govt is not perfect in everywhere.. I know a particular party that will share the money to those at Wasata Plaza....

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Spit On Nnadi Kanu And Biafra- Urhobo Youths / Justice Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers React, Give Buhari 7 Days To Reverse Suspens / Nigerians Are Useless And They Should Leave South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.