Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Imo Youthful Commissioner Rolls Out Govt Plans For Pensioners, Security, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Youthful Commissioner Rolls Out Govt Plans For Pensioners, Security, Others (451 Views)

Makinde Grants N25,000 For Workers, N15,000 For Pensioners In Oyo / Buhari Approves Minimum Wage For Pensioners / Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Imo Youthful Commissioner Rolls Out Govt Plans For Pensioners, Security, Others by AshamkonyeOF(m): 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2018
By Ashamkonye Obioma Francis

PRESS BRIEFING

HON. CHIDIEBERE NZEH, COMMISSIONER FOR INFORMATION ROLLS OUT IMO GOVT PROGRAMS

CALLED ON STATE GOVERNORS TO EMULATE OKOROCHA IN INVOLVING YOUTHS IN GOVERNANCE

Imo newly appointed Commissioner for Information, Hon. Patrick Nzeh held a press briefing at Imo Government house where he rolled out various programs of the rescue mission government.

Extract:
Distinguised members of the press, may I formally welcome you to this press briefing.
Grant me the indulgence of appreciating His Excellency Owelle, Anayo Rochas Okorocha, Executive Governor of Imo State for finding youth worthy and capable of contributing our quota to the development of our state.
Following the world trend and shift in leadership to the youths, His Excellency, Owelle, Anayo Rochas Okorocha, Executive Governor of Imo State has not only cued into this enviable world trend of youthful leadership but has also demonstrated in action the “not to young to run bill” which was translated to law through he approve of His Excellency, President Mohammad Buhari (GCFR), the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by appointing me the youngest commissioner in Nigeria in my twenties (20s).

On my shoulders lies the success of the entirety of the Nigerian youths being the youngest commissioner across the 36 states of the federation as my appointment as Commissioner of Information will further encourage the Nigerian Government to give more youths the opportunity to serve and lead
BUSINESS OF THE DAY
PENSION:
His Excellency has graciously approved and released the sum of ₦5,000,000,000 for payment of pension arrears. To further ensure transparency in the payment exercise, a committee comprising of Nigerian Labour representatives, State government representatives and senior citizens representatives has been set up for maximum compliance and execution of payment.

SALARIES:
Since inception the rescue mission Government in 2011, we have always had a cordial and smooth government/workers relationship and have since then NOT experienced internal strike and known to be the best workers friendly state.
Over ₦9,000,000,000 has been released for the payment of October & November 2018 salaries in the first week of November. Now in Imo State, Civil servants get paid before work.

LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS:
In Imo State today, we have elected 645 councilors and 27 local Government Chairmen drawn from each of the 654 autonomous communities and local governments respectively for massive rural development. Also the sum of ₦432,000,000 has been released to clear the salaries and allowances for the months of September and October that is two hundred and sixteen million naira monthly.

ZERO PORTHOLE:
As dry season draws near, a program on road maintenance called Operation Zero Porthole has been initiated by the state Government to seal every porthole on our roads caused by the heavy downpour the state experienced this year. This program will enable motorists and imolites have smooth cruise on our road especially during the festive.

PROVISION OF SECURITY VEHICLES:
The state Government has approved over 100 security vehicles for urban and rural monitoring throughout the festive period to ensure a curise-free and safe Christmas/holiday celebration.

FREE EDUCATION MATTERS:
In continuation with the free education program of the Rescue Mission Government, the state Government has approved the sum of ₦2,860,000,000 billion naira for the construction and remodeling of our secondary schools and all 305 primary schools spread across the 305 wards in the state.
The Government has also approved the construction of Local Government official residence in the council headquarters. These quarters includes, the Executive Chairman, the DPOs and other high Local Government Personnel.

Re: Imo Youthful Commissioner Rolls Out Govt Plans For Pensioners, Security, Others by McStoic(m): 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2018
One word; DESPERATION. Rochas has burnt the bridge to his goodwill aeons ago. Too late. This can't stop his imprisonment come next year.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Charges INTERPOL, NIA To Track Down Oshiomhole / May The Gods Not Do To Your Life What The APC Has Done To Nigeria / ‘I Will Not Die Until You Become President’ – Prof Ben Nwabueze Tells Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.