Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:25 AM

Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari (25825 Views)

Minimum Wage: I Can't Afford To Pay N100000 To Each Of My 4 Drivers - SGF Akume / Why Obi Never Mentioned Stolen Mandate In His Case / Buhari Never Mentioned Any Figure, Says Adesina On Proposed N30,000 Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by ChangetheChange: 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2018
The Presidency has expressed concern over recurring reports alleging that President Muhammadu Buhari has reneged on his earlier acceptance of the N30,000 recommended as the new National Minimum Wage by the National Minimum Wage Tripartite Committee.

In a statement issued on his behalf by his media adviser, Femi Adesina, the President said he would not be drawn into the controversy as he would in his characteristic manner, he would allow the recommendation pass the through the appropriate processes of law making before he gives a final assent.

Adesina said in the statement that “these reports are contrary to what transpired on Tuesday when the committee presented its Report to the President. Responding, President Buhari, while acknowledging the concerns raised by government on affordability and labour’s focus on meaningful increase, stated clearly in a speech, which was made available to the media:

“‘In a way, both arguments are valid. I want to assure you all that we will immediately put in place the necessary machinery that will close out these open areas.

“‘Our plan is to transmit an Executive Bill to the National Assembly for passage within the shortest possible time. I am fully committed to having a new National Minimum Wage Act in the very near future.

“‘As the Executive Arm commences its review of your submission, we will continue to engage you all in closing any open areas presented in this report. I, therefore, would like to ask for your patience and understanding in the coming weeks’.

“From the above, and throughout the report-submission ceremony, the President never mentioned any figure. What he committed himself to was a new minimum wage, and only after the Report of the committee has been reviewed by the executive and legislative processes of government and an appropriate bill presented to him for assent.

“Until the proposed minimum wage has gone through the whole gamut of law-making, President Buhari, who is a stickler for due process, will not be caught in this unnecessary web of controversy, which amounts to putting the cart before the horse and hair-splitting.

“As for those who have latched onto the concocted controversy to play cheap politics, we appeal to them to remember that elections are not won through loquaciousness, and trying to demean the President at every drop of a hat.

“But then, it is not surprising, as they have nothing else to sell to Nigerians, if they don’t ride on the name of the President. Stiff judgment awaits them at the polls.”

http://leaders.ng/minimum-wage-never-mentioned-figure-buhari/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by ChangetheChange: 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2018
grin grin grin
Buhari is the biggest scammer in the history of Nigeria

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by SarkinYarki: 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2018
When we say this man is the biggest con Artist in the history of the black race we know what we are saying

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by delugajackson: 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2018
This man keeps insulting the sensibility of Nigerians. This only goes to show the fraudulent and insensitive nature of the government towards the plight of the people. APC is a scam.

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2018
Buhari is such a wicked old man .

A con artist , like someone rightly said above .

Buhari must be kicked out in 2019.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by haladadon: 8:29pm On Nov 08, 2018
hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by e7ejinima: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2018
SCAMMERS!!!!!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by sinaj(f): 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2018
NLC right now grin

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by CharleyBright(m): 8:34pm On Nov 08, 2018
U know a Dullard when he spews such thrash.
Cotinue to fool yourself.

We too will never mention the type of lorry that will park your loads to Daura in May 2019,
May this affliction in the form of a Clueless Dullard never befall Nigeria a second time.

God Forbid!!!! Holy Ghost Fire;!!

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by GrandMufti: 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2018
Ok
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by zeromeridian: 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2018
be careful

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by Tekzyflex(m): 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2018
That man is not Buhari but a cloned modafuker....Nigeria is a scam.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by jumpandpas(m): 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2018
grin.

There's no need,

Lie Mohammed and Osibanjo hv mentioned the figure.

3.5million per month.

1million eggs and 543 Cows.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by jumpandpas(m): 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2018
SarkinYarki:
When we say this man is the biggest con Artist in the history of the black race we know what we are saying

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by Bizibi(m): 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2018
I'm beginning to feel something strange from the president

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by magoo10(m): 9:24pm On Nov 08, 2018
Buhari is not aware of anything
Apc issa scam

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by Racoon(m): 9:25pm On Nov 08, 2018
shocked grin grin grin Labour don buy job.Guess Labour Minister and the Tripartite Committee Chair-Ama People assured Labour that the president will accept the paltry #30K minimum wage baseline? The government is never sincere in anything.

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by socialmediaman: 9:25pm On Nov 08, 2018
When I mentioned in various earlier posts that Buhari was a con artist and a fraudulent pretender, now you understand what I meant

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2018
Nonsense people

NLC una papa there!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by saaron(m): 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2018
A liar will always remain a LIAR.

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by TheFreeOne: 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2018
When some of us were shouting "Don't vote Buhari don't vote Buhari" prior to 2015 elections his supporters called us haters.

But now they are learning the hard way.

SMH...some simpletons will still not learn but still tow the same line in 2019.

It makes one wonder if those still supporting him have brains.

30 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by iluvdonjazzy: 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2018
hahahaha Nigeria una don enter one chance o.

15 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by MrRichmond: 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2018
Lmfao!

APC Scamming Nigerians as usual

NLC don khast!! grin

20 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by obaataaokpaewu: 11:32pm On Nov 08, 2018
I still get hope say labour must go strike cos of this minimum wage

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by GavelSlam: 12:06am On Nov 09, 2018
All the idiots reaching conclusions truly lack brain cells.
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by alizma: 2:03am On Nov 09, 2018
delugajackson:
This man keeps insulting the sensibility of Nigerians. This only goes to show the fraudulent and insensitive nature of the government towards the plight of the people. APC is a scam.
you are the one insulting yourself by believing that Buhari has approved or agreed to a specific figure when you haven't hear from him nor his spokesperson. that he has received tripartite committee report is not the same as he has approved what is in the report.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by eagleeye2: 4:22am On Nov 09, 2018
Racoon:
shocked grin grin grin Labour don buy job.Guess Labour Minister and the Tripartite Committee Chair-Ama People assured Labour that the president will accept the paltry #30K minimum wage baseline? The government is never sincere in anything.
This is purely scam, and NLC,, foolishly believed them.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by backnbeta(f): 5:46am On Nov 09, 2018
But you people can feed a detainee with over a hundred thousand per day abi? There is God o!

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by Jflex07(m): 6:05am On Nov 09, 2018
Buhari is a bastard mothefucking vagabond. All BMCs are useless and senseless. Mad people!!

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by obonujoker(m): 6:26am On Nov 09, 2018
This man has no integrity. people like Modath, deomelo etc know this, buh will still be supporting him... mhen, it's sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by omokiri5(m): 6:49am On Nov 09, 2018
lol.

Pls Nairalanders, I'm a graduate that needs help to get a keke maruwa to ride. Kindly check details on my signature. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million / Delta: One State, Two Government Houses / Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.