Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,619 members, 7,770,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:29 PM

Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) (47320 Views)

Photo: Ikeja BRT Station Just Behind The Ikeja Train Station / Pictures Of The Lagos Bus Terminal In Ikeja (Pictures, Video) / The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by Kenekingisback: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2018
Fraudsters
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by pedrilo: 7:34am On Nov 09, 2018
Omololu001:
are you been charge for typing on nairaland?
wat apun
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by majamajic(m): 8:18am On Nov 09, 2018
delugajackson:
Now this is a 3rd world comment.

yea from a third world ganja man,
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by fishmillan: 8:22am On Nov 09, 2018
majamajic:
u are building a world class bus station to be used by 3rd world group of people , and to be maintained by 8th world government.

some 3rd world people will go there and smoke some weed and shit on the floor while some 8th world govt personals will sell off the buses immediately after buying them.

what a world !!?

Real definition of the nation we are living in....
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by lonelydora: 8:23am On Nov 09, 2018
AutoReportNG:
The much celebrated Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal seems to be in the news again and this time for the wrong news. AutoReportNG has been seeing tweets and mentions about the Ikeja BRT Bus been a shadow of itself and that the Lagos State Govt seems to have abandoned the project and start to dismantle the terminal.

We can confirm that truly the much celebrated Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal has been dismantled, demolished. The buses have been moved and so also the canopies, the ticketing stalls have been closed.

According to insiders, we are meant to understand that there need to be some finishing works on this terminal that the commission was hurriedly done for Pres. Buhari to the commission that's why no activity has taken place since it was commissioned for use.

We hope and pray this is true for renovation purposes.

The facility, which is sitting on 10,000 square meters land space is equipped with Intelligent Transport System (ITS), Fully Air-conditioned terminal, Food Court, Shops, Toilets, ATM Gallery, Free Wi-Fi, Electronically Controlled shades, among others.

Pres. Mohammed Buhari in March 2018 commissioned this world-class terminal amidst fanfare and ever since the terminal is yet to come alive.

See more pictures below...

[img]https://4.bp..com/-btX8rij53bY/W-RdD65SR4I/AAAAAAAAVp8/-2GrzAhrjMYj8UF69_kSSovj5fDSbZKsQCLcBGAs/s1600/Ikeja_BRT_Terminus_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-OJkiZMyc07c/W-RcoCM5u-I/AAAAAAAAVpk/U-Bap-H_zIA3BJj2-CqF_A3Yjc79_texwCLcBGAs/s1600/Ikeja_BRT_Terminus_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-e7N-QzAZQgo/W-Rcu_na3XI/AAAAAAAAVpo/_ZJUCbbDZNYTRocCIphKX_wgH0jA93OjgCLcBGAs/s1600/Ikeja_BRT_Terminus_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-1_fw8dbSr1M/W-Rc_JNIYYI/AAAAAAAAVp0/JhIu6CC9YTQ0zmXi9vrulUK4WLXfBZuDACLcBGAs/s1600/Ikeja_BRT_Terminus_004_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/11/ikeja-brt-bus-terminal-dismantled-photos.html

Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria. The citizens really need to be educated.

Imagine all the good works Wike did in Rivers roundabout, and that is where some people go to poo at night and throw dustbins.

I may need to ask God why he made me a Nigerian.
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by 1759King: 8:25am On Nov 09, 2018
Please let us collectively guard Port Harcourt Airport from being dismantled.
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by majamajic(m): 8:26am On Nov 09, 2018
gaby:

Should we then keep building third world facilities as 8th world governments?

Is that how we are to get out from the doldrums we are presently enmeshed in?

trust me we can't get out of this, the problem with us is we ourselves. See if u move all Nigerians to America and all Americans to Nigeria, Lagos will look like new York, while new York will look like Lagos, imagine govt will install rail so people will not fall off the bridge, a citizen man will cut it off sell it, smoke weed with the money, while another citizen man will fall off the bridge tomorrow cos of no protection ( mind u passing through a sea without rails , the sea always try to draw someone into it ) . looking at things Nigeria will not be better in our lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by package7(m): 8:27am On Nov 09, 2018
Racoon:
For God sake what is always wrong with this back and forth thing with the APC government sef?.So this is how this project & perhaps other are gonna suffer lost?

Hope they won't start dismantling others like the ones @ TBS, Yaba, etc? Same thing is happening to the Oshodi Interchange, Metro-Lightrail project, Agege-Pen Cinema construction, Mile-2 to Badagry Road project.
Everything is totally wrong APC from A-Z....Awon woobee party grin
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by package7(m): 8:28am On Nov 09, 2018
Racoon:
For God sake what is always wrong with this back and forth thing with the APC government sef?.So this is how this project & perhaps other are gonna suffer lost?

Hope they won't start dismantling others like the ones @ TBS, Yaba, etc? Same thing is happening to the Oshodi Interchange, Metro-Lightrail project, Agege-Pen Cinema construction, Mile-2 to Badagry Road project.
Everything is totally wrong with APC from A-Z....Awon woobee party grin
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by bishopkay: 8:44am On Nov 09, 2018
Ishilove:

Before you start with your satanic generalisations, I would love for you to point out just one post on Nairaland where I celebrated Ambode. JUST ONE.

If you can't then you are as bad as Lai Mohammed, if not even worse.

Mscheeeew

Wow so you even know Lai is bad! Hahaha a resetting things in point! LOL
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by Righteousness89(m): 8:51am On Nov 09, 2018
majamajic:
u are building a world class bus station to be used by 3rd world group of people , and to be maintained by 8th world government.

some 3rd world people will go there and smoke some weed and shit on the floor while some 8th world govt personals will sell off the buses immediately after buying them.

what a world !!?

NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!!
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by virtuewoman: 8:51am On Nov 09, 2018
this is so impressive
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by hush15: 8:53am On Nov 09, 2018
AutoReportNG:
The much celebrated Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal seems to be in the news again and this time for the wrong news. AutoReportNG has been seeing tweets and mentions about the Ikeja BRT Bus been a shadow of itself and that the Lagos State Govt seems to have abandoned the project and start to dismantle the terminal.

We can confirm that truly the much celebrated Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal has been dismantled, demolished. The buses have been moved and so also the canopies, the ticketing stalls have been closed.

According to insiders, we are meant to understand that there need to be some finishing works on this terminal that the commission was hurriedly done for Pres. Buhari to the commission that's why no activity has taken place since it was commissioned for use.

We hope and pray this is true for renovation purposes.

The facility, which is sitting on 10,000 square meters land space is equipped with Intelligent Transport System (ITS), Fully Air-conditioned terminal, Food Court, Shops, Toilets, ATM Gallery, Free Wi-Fi, Electronically Controlled shades, among others.

Pres. Mohammed Buhari in March 2018 commissioned this world-class terminal amidst fanfare and ever since the terminal is yet to come alive.

See more pictures below...

[img]https://4.bp..com/-btX8rij53bY/W-RdD65SR4I/AAAAAAAAVp8/-2GrzAhrjMYj8UF69_kSSovj5fDSbZKsQCLcBGAs/s1600/Ikeja_BRT_Terminus_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-OJkiZMyc07c/W-RcoCM5u-I/AAAAAAAAVpk/U-Bap-H_zIA3BJj2-CqF_A3Yjc79_texwCLcBGAs/s1600/Ikeja_BRT_Terminus_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-e7N-QzAZQgo/W-Rcu_na3XI/AAAAAAAAVpo/_ZJUCbbDZNYTRocCIphKX_wgH0jA93OjgCLcBGAs/s1600/Ikeja_BRT_Terminus_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-1_fw8dbSr1M/W-Rc_JNIYYI/AAAAAAAAVp0/JhIu6CC9YTQ0zmXi9vrulUK4WLXfBZuDACLcBGAs/s1600/Ikeja_BRT_Terminus_004_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/11/ikeja-brt-bus-terminal-dismantled-photos.html

another billions down the drain.

Lagosians aint seen anything yet. The hungry lions of Sanwo Olu waiting to prowl on lagos commonwealth wont allow good projects to be sustained. A vote for APC in lagos is a vote for plundering of lagos wealth by the hungry lions of APC starved of money for years. For those shouting APC owns lagos, may you lives be plundered by devourers as lagos is being plundered by devourers....
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by bejeria101(m): 8:58am On Nov 09, 2018
Fraud!
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by Artzdanielsz(m): 8:58am On Nov 09, 2018
Abi na because of this terminal that they subject the masses to hardship by blocking road for one Buhari to come commission it.
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by sisisioge: 9:19am On Nov 09, 2018
Hmmm...they've not started using it to see the fault in the original plan, yet they are "expanding" it. I just hope Lagos will get it's act together pretty soon.

As anyone noticed that the lawman successor have started leaving gradually? They've not been in gbagada since the middle of last month! It is well o. I hope Ambode's projects are allowed to survive.
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by TheKingIsHere: 9:39am On Nov 09, 2018
Thiefnnubu has deceived gullible lagosians again.

The billions used in constructing this terminal has entered his pockets grin

APC Changi

Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by novexme(m): 9:40am On Nov 09, 2018
i don't like this kind of reporting, you mentioned that canopies had been removed and buses removed, what is depicted in the picture posted only shows that the buses have been moved, while the canopies still stand and there is no demolition work ongoing, why do our bloggers write things just to cause chaos in the polity.

what I can see is interlocking pavements being removed and the buses not in the terminal again, where is demolition going on and dismantling happening. you guys should stop all this fake news propaganda.

cc autoreportng
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by TheKingIsHere: 9:45am On Nov 09, 2018
kimbraa:
It's not just about the government, but our lack of maintenance culture.

Personally, I feel the problem of Nigeria isn't just about its leadership but citizens too.

What the hell are you talking about? Why put the blame on citizens?

Is it the citizens that will open the terminal or the government? Is it the citizens that dismantled the terminal or the government?

Seriously Nairaland need to do mental evaluation before people can post.
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by tunde2222: 9:58am On Nov 09, 2018
Ishilove:
Ambode's government has been an unmitigated disaster, whether this offered story to explain this BRT development is real or just a cover up for something more sinister.

The white elephant projects for the sole purpose of siphoning money has been the order of the day, ubiquitous bad roads, serpentine traffic caused by these bad roads, ugly refuse heaps dotting the once almost pristine landscapes, roadside trading, yet more traffic caused by road side trading, increased air pollution (I now suffer chest pains and constant catarrh), multiple taxation, overall stuffy, dirty and uncomfortable environment has made life more unbearable in Lagos than it has ever been since I was born.

I just want this incompetent governor that took Lagos back several years to get the hell out. He is a thief and and a failure!

Very concise report on Ambode. Please make it available on his Twitter handle. The man is a simply a mess. Uncompleted projects everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by gaby(m): 10:05am On Nov 09, 2018
majamajic:

trust me we can't get out of this, the problem with us is we ourselves. See if u move all Nigerians to America and all Americans to Nigeria, Lagos will look like new York, while new York will look like Lagos, imagine govt will install rail so people will not fall off the bridge, a citizen man will cut it off sell it, smoke weed with the money, while another citizen man will fall off the bridge tomorrow cos of no protection ( mind u passing through a sea without rails , the sea always try to draw someone into it ) . looking at things Nigeria will not be better in our lifetime.

HAHAHAHAHA you just got me there by answering exactly the way I do people. I often tell them the exact same you mentioned above. But the fact is, that notwithstanding we must keep improving and developing.
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by AutoReportNG: 10:34am On Nov 09, 2018
novexme:
i don't like this kind of reporting, you mentioned that canopies had been removed and buses removed, what is depicted in the picture posted only shows that the buses have been moved, while the canopies still stand and there is no demolition work ongoing, why do our bloggers write things just to cause chaos in the polity.

what I can see is interlocking pavements being removed and the buses not in the terminal again, where is demolition going on and dismantling happening. you guys should stop all this fake news propaganda.

cc autoreportng

Sorry Sir if it sounds misleading but a visit to this place will answer all your questions, hope that settles the case

Have a lovely working day
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by Bitterleafsoup: 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2018
kimbraa:

Personally, I feel the problem of Nigeria isn't just about its leadership but citizens too.
Finally people get my signature
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by deebrownneymar: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2018
This is bad news. Just when I thought Lagos transportation was moving further. Tinubu your father!
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by Yankee101: 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2018
Na real Eko for SHOW
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by Tellemall: 8:15pm On Nov 09, 2018
kimbraa:

Most of the people crying about it the most still spit catarrh on the roadside, urinate in public and not inside toilets, probably take a dump anywhere they feel like and are litter bugs.

Nigerians are the strangest black people on Earth.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by Tellemall: 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2018
kimbraa:

Most of the people crying about it the most still spit catarrh on the roadside, urinate in public and not inside toilets, probably take a dump anywhere they feel like and are litter bugs.

Nigerians are the strangest black people on Earth. It's not the leadership.
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

What the hell are you talking about? Why put the blame on citizens?

Is it the citizens that will open the terminal or the government? Is it the citizens that dismantled the terminal or the government?

Seriously Nairaland need to do mental evaluation before people can post.
You need serious mental evaluation if this is all your brain could produce.
Re: Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) by Aldebaran(m): 12:53am On Nov 10, 2018
Wasted resources angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solomon Lar Amusement Park In jos(pix) / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit / BBNaija: Corper Efe During His NYSC Days In Anambra (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.