Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists (629 Views)

Saraki: We Were Portrayed As Enemies When We Demanded Transparency From Buhari / Desperation Must Not Make You Forfeit Your Right - Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Obi / Soludo’s Visit, Confirmation Kanu Isn’t Bad As Being Portrayed – Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists by tunjijones(m): 8:36am On Nov 09, 2018
Aisha Yesufu, co-convener of the BringBackOurGirls, BBOG, advocacy group, has wondered why Igbos are portrayed as ritualists in most Nigerian movies.

According to her, Ndigbo are hard working people who earn their living through their various enterprises.

She wondered why these qualities of hard work and smart business sense are being exchanged with rituals and diabolism in the make believe world.

Aisha tweeted, “The Igbos are entrepreneurial and not only hard working but smart with their money and learn their businesses

“Why are they portrayed in Nigerian films as people who get their money from rituals & diabolical means?

“Why the distortion? Is it that it’s more fun than the real work?”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/11/08/aisha-yusufu-speaks-igbo-portrayed-ritualists/

Re: Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists by NAIRALAND215911: 8:38am On Nov 09, 2018
i really dont agree with this my friend
Re: Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists by peckhamboi: 8:40am On Nov 09, 2018
Well said.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists by midolian(m): 8:41am On Nov 09, 2018
Mtcheew
Re: Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists by braveboy64(m): 8:44am On Nov 09, 2018
always hard working and they also develop. Developers
Re: Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists by PureMe01: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2018
i wonder what afonja headslammers will do now when one of their mistresses have decided not to be economical with the truth? sorry i forgot lie mohammed cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists by mightyhazell: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2018
lol,its all for the money... even tho i strongly object to such movies that potray one in such lights,i admit it has fetched the producers much money..

its also misleading other ppl,into believung that its ritual money that made all these igbo billionaires,instead of the traditional hardwork and dedication .... reason why a particular tribe now embraced it with reckless abandon,thereby endangering their own ppls lives and bringing embarrasment to nigeria as a whole!

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists by phase1: 8:52am On Nov 09, 2018
midolian:
Mtcheew

Why mtcheww?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists by Nbote(m): 8:54am On Nov 09, 2018
It's jus business.. D producers are simply telling d stories of d original skull miners. D other wood tells ritual stories but don't include d skull mining parts

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists by EasternActivist: 8:56am On Nov 09, 2018
Wow, what d heck?

So Igbos cannot do films based on what they see in Nigeria or Africa at Large.

This is all about scripting and different character is assigned. So you mean if an Hausa qualifies for the same character and can do more than his Igbo counterpart the Hausa man or woman won't take on the act?
And will you now say that the whole tribe of the character depicts the characters of his or her tribe?

What a shallow way of reasoning. One afonja up there has already started convulsing on top his ignorance.

Dey there thinking that Igbos make there money from rituals make pant dey wear you. No wonder Ogun is known as ritualist headquarters BC some tribe believes they are outshining Igbos. cheesy

Cc: peckhamboi
Re: Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Igbo Being Portrayed As Ritualists by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 09, 2018
Igbos, ritualists I thought the compass of rituals points West. No offense to the Yoruba's but we all know our ministries.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

A’ibom2019:Plot By Apc To Attack Itai Afe Annang Over Udom Endorsement Uncovered / IPOB Vs Police: Businesses Paralysed In Nnewi Over Traders’ Detention / Atiku Unable To Visit Usa Return To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.