Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Are Religious Books Divine Or Human Inventions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Religious Books Divine Or Human Inventions (200 Views)

Poverty Is Why Many People Are Religious And Churchy - Reno Omokri / I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books / Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Religious Books Divine Or Human Inventions by Ollymich1(m): 12:00am On Nov 10, 2018
Are religious books (Bible Qur'an) men's writing or divine?

Are religious books (Bible Qur'an) men's writing that's endowed with divinity?
Do they exit outside man? Are they not man's invention? It seems to me as if its a writing about the traditions and culture of some people, their myth, the experience of their men especially their men of valour, their history, thoughts of their wisemen and so on.
But what we have been told is that these books are given by God as if man was not involved in the process of the writing.
The guise that these books are from God stops people from questioning some questionable aspect of it.
It seems to me that accepting these books as books writing by God and practicing them is a means of forcing people to accept some people's culture. The culture of some people that has been sacralized, made divine as the only acceptable culture way of life from God.
People adopt other peoples religion, history, myth way of life, dressing (hijab) and so on because it has been said that God has given those things to men and man will not want to go against God.
It is needful to know that in defending these tradition put together in books, various things have happened  Ranging from violence act, duping people, killing, discrimination and so on. If God had truly sent these things to men let them fight for themselves not that we will be killing ourselves and God will keep quiet and be watching those who claim to be his own dying in the hands of those who claim to be killing in his name.
To me all these things are merely  acculturation and nothing more. Nevertheless if you see something worth emulating, emulate it.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/11/18 / Church Of England Clergy Recognises Transgenders / Your Enemy Will Even Bring Own Grave To Your Bedroom If You Won't Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.