Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue (80692 Views)

CDQ Calls Out Seyi Tinubu For Disrespecting Him At Davido's House / Chioma's 25th Birthday: Aloma DMW And Davido's House Staff Sing For The Chef Ch / Street Boys In Front Of Davido's House For Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by able20(m): 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2018
chukwunedum150:
LAZY YOUTHS..
when I remember that those youths are supposed to be leaders of tomorrow, then Nigeria's tomorrow is kaputt.
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Xander85: 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
I guess next time he'll be a bit more quiet about his akant balance of taarty billion!

But there's a joy in giving, so it's not all bad! smiley

2 Likes

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Ziggylady(f): 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
Kingv:
Buhari come see your products

Aguu di na obodo

Okacha na ala ndi afonja lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by buchai: 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2018
begging or looking for job?
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by ajl: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
okwabayi:
This is why a lot of people never progress in this country, they’ll rather beg than make something for themselves.
The funny part is if the shoe is placed on the other leg they will never allow people know of their situation [being rich] talk less of allowing them come to beg.
My mother always says “a wicked person uses poverty as the excuse for their situation. If they see money their ways will still not change.”.

I don't agree totally with your points. In Nigeria's case, poverty is forced on the masses by the elites. Apart from being a lack of material wealth, poverty also eat into the mind of most poor people. That's why most poor people will collect N5k, which is N3.5 per day for 4 years, to vote for a corrupt politician rather than one who would likely influence lives positively but who doesn't give out money or any material thing. Saying people are poor because they are likely wicked or whatever your statement meant sound "elitist". We all know how the country get to this situation. When I was much younger, it's only professional beggers from the north that usually queue in front of a rich man house, often every Thursday morning only. It's the elites who are wicked. Most of the poor masses are simply stupid by choice. Because they still have their will power to make right a choice during election period which cost them nothing, but maybe a lot of hours under the sun to collect their PVC or cast their vote. To show you how wicked Nigerian political elites are, potential voters are deliberately robbed of their right to vote because they made the process of PVC collection hell in many places, and many would simply stay away.

4 Likes

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Mankosi: 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2018
Fisher007:
This is so sad.
The situation of things in this country is really bad.

However some people are still taking advantage of people's mishappening sha.

This is like a PR stunt to me than favour. Why all the media paparazzi.
Naija people will insult me now and say at least he is helping.

But helping you by dehumanize you like a livestock and gaining favour both financially, spiritually and PR stunt added.

Only those who know , knows what he is doing.
Simple
did Davido tell them to snap the pics?
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by okwabayi(m): 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2018
ajl:

I don't agree totally with your points. In Nigeria's case, poverty is forced on the masses by the elites. Apart from being a lack of material wealth, poverty also eat into the mind of most poor people. That's why most poor people will collect N5k, which is N3.5 per day for 4 years, to vote for a corrupt politician rather than one who would likely influence lives positively but who doesn't give out money or any material thing. Saying people are poor because they are likely wicked or whatever your statement meant sound "elitist". We all know how the country get to this situation. When I was much younger, it's only professional beggers from the north that usually queue in front of a rich man house, often every Thursday morning only. It's the elites who are wicked. Most of the poor masses are simply stupid by choice. Because they still have their will power to make right a choice during election period which cost them nothing, but maybe a lot of hours under the sun to collect their PVC or cast their vote. To show you how wicked Nigerian political elites are, potential voters are deliberately robbed of their right to vote because they made the process of PVC collection hell in many places, and many would simply stay away.
You are right. I gave up hope on this nation a long time ago.
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by ajl: 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
Pr0cter:
I don't believe this. Our politicians that embezzle billions of dollars and spends extravagantly don't get people queuing up in their houses.

I think the reason for the queue will be maybe an event going on in his house and Nigerians will always use the opportunity to seek for favours.

Most politicians that embezzled money are not easily accessible. You will rather meet a defence line of security, or getting to the location off their abode isn t economically or physically possible.

1 Like

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Bianda24: 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
Buhari, you see what you have caused
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
undecided
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Ayoswit(f): 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
BanevsJoker:
[sup][/sup]
Don't you have any shame? How aren't you embarrased that able-bodied Nigerians have turned themselves to beggars?
There are so many people out there who are looking for any kind of menial job to do but aren't lucky. Queuing to beg for money isn't something any able-bodied Nigerian would want to do, but that's the only option left for them until they get a job. And next time you're quoting me, mind your language.
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by ajl: 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
[quote author=ANGELMARVE post=72845547] Africa which way!!!!!!
This is embarrassing and shameful.
This is will never happen in Europe or America.
As rich as Michael Jackson was and as rich as Jayz or Beyonce is, You will never find Americans begging them for money.

I am ashamed of some people in Nigeria.
[/quote

Please don't say that. I live in the US and there are countless people vegging for money on the streets, usually by the traffic light. When I drive down to downturn during late nights there are locations with lots of people sleeping in the streets. Only difference is the proportion and that people would queue up in front of your house because there are communities bylaws against it. There is poverty everywhere but it boils down to proportion of total population.

Saying you are ashamed because of otger people situation reflect your way if thinking. Your feeling ashamed won't change anything. Feeling angry at such situation is a better option because it may force you to do something.
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by batstan(m): 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
Pr0cter:
I don't believe this. Our politicians that embezzle billions of dollars and spends extravagantly don't get people queuing up in their houses.

I think the reason for the queue will be maybe an event going on in his house and Nigerians will always use the opportunity to seek for favours.
Your comment show's you no little about your immediate environment. Majority of politicians experience such daily, say 85%.
Try and travel more because up north , some even come with mats and spend days by the gates.

Businessmen and women not left out. It's a norm in our society and sadly, the reason why we can't fight corruption because most are OK with crumbs they get.

2 Likes

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by bigcee(m): 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
Simplep:
Shameful, kiddo be feeling high now...y some people no get shame like this?..queue??
Mumu, is davido your mate. Local girl like you.

1 Like

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by bigcee(m): 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ayoswit:
I can spot some nairalanders there wink
Mention them pls.
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Fisher007: 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
Mankosi:
did Davido tell them to snap the pics?

You are right he didn't.

But if you understand how PR works, you will know everything you read or see is scripted.

Especially when it comes to so called celebrities worldwide.

People must have been queuing there for a while. Today or yesterday will not be the first time. Why didn't we see the pics ever since?

For instance:

Any random person passing by and seeing that will not even snap picture or will not even know that is davido's house.

Do you know how many people or even politician's who share money in Abuja, and people queue too everyday but nobody post the pictures online?

He might not have asked them to snap the picture but his PR team or boys did this for more PR stunt.

It is a old trick.
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
U must very stupid for insulting me,
bigcee:

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by WOLEMENTO(m): 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hello my fellow nairalander i need help am an ND Holder am in need of job i study architecture i base in abuja am willing to do any kind of decent job even not inline with my profession. I appeal to anyone who is in a position to help should pls assist me either by connecting me with who can help i will be happy if my request can be granted this my number below
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by bejick(m): 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
Jenniferblog:
Anytime Davido is in the country, his residence in Lekki, Lagos is always flooded with people singing his praise and begging for money.

see how long the queue in front of his house was last night...

Watch video

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/2018/11/see-the-long-queue-of-people-begging-for-money-in-front-of-davidos-house-video/

Some of this fools will still vote the lifeless one again that is the announcing thing
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by ajl: 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
bigcee:

Apparently you just came back from that queue. Why fight for somebody who does not know you exist. Someone stated somewhere here that it's people on that queue that come online to defend or talk for Davido.
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by bigcee(m): 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2018
Simplep:
U must very stupid for insulting me,
Ugly girl!

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by bigcee(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2018
ajl:

Apparently you just came back from that queue. Why fight for somebody who does not know you exist. Someone stated somewhere here that it's people on that queue that come online to defend or talk for Davido.
Mtcheeeewwww!

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by naijacartoon: 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
Davido understands what street life is and he always try to put a smile.
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Ayoswit(f): 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
bigcee:

Mention them pls.
I don't want to be banned.
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by ajl: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
I watched the video. I think Davido seems to be enjoying the attention. He is also part of the problem because he stand aside and is doing nothing concrete about it but only sing about bling-bling, cars, and women. Before it got to this stage, in the late 70s Fela said music is not for entertainment in Africa as in the West simply because the events in his immediate environment should be a motivation to using music to sing against unjust situations. No one is asking him or other musicians to be Fela but their music should reflect messages that bring about a change. I can always remember Idris Abdulkareem "Nigeria jaga jaga" even though I don't belong to his generation or was not living in Nigeria when he sang it. The only thing I can effortlessly remember of Davido is "Omo Baba Olowo". Which make sense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2018
Big shame. Meanwhile for those on access and family package on active sub,check my last thread for compact sports
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Explorers(m): 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ki lo de
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by ngwababe(f): 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2018
Who beg pass guys? Na dem go still come out dey call women.......... grin grin
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Conceptman: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2018
and u think this country is ok at the moment?
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2018
Jenniferblog:
Anytime Davido is in the country, his residence in Lekki, Lagos is always flooded with people singing his praise and begging for money.

see how long the queue in front of his house was last night...

Watch video

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/2018/11/see-the-long-queue-of-people-begging-for-money-in-front-of-davidos-house-video/

Buhari has completely destroyed Nigeria completely.
Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by ajl: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2018
naijacartoon:
Davido understands what street life is and he always try to put a smile.

If you were born with silver spoon in your mouth and have never spend a day on the street, how would you understand life on the street.Life on the street is far from what you see on TV or from a moving vehicle.

1 Like

Re: People Begging For Money In Front Of Davido's House: The Long Queue by sonature1: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2018
Simplep:
Shameful, kiddo be feeling high now...y some people no get shame like this?..queue??

He said he has 30 billion in his account

So, he should spread some love grin

Nigeria is the world's capital of poverty; keep that in mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hushpuppi And Blac Chyna Visit The Fame Park In Dubai / The Italian Minister Maria Boschi Exposes Her Underwears During Her Swearing In / South African Fan Threatens John Dumelo On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.