Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me (48368 Views)

Court Declares Naira Marley Wanted Over Car Theft. / 2Face Replies Blackface After Declaring War On Him / Kaka: Emilia Samuel Accusing Theo Ukpaa Of Rape Surprised Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by nairalaila: 9:50am On Nov 10, 2018
Nollywood actress, Gloria Akhigbe, who was declared wanted by the police after her comedy skit went viral, has expressed her surprise. 

The viral skit shows the well-dressed actress removing a bouquet of flower, table water and drinks from the table where she was seated and putting them in her bag. Reacting to the video, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Abayomi Shogunle, declared the actress wanted and offered to pay anyone who could find her an unspecified amount of money as reward.

He wrote on Twitter; 

“Wanted person, Please help me find this Yoruba woman. If your tip leads to her apprehension, I have a cash reward for you.”

Speaking to Saturday Beats, Gloria Akhigbe said; 

“I was the one that uploaded the video on my Instagram page. It happened at a burial ceremony that held on the last Saturday of October 2018. I was having a discussion with my friends on how beautifully dressed ladies steal at parties, so I decided to do a skit about the trend.

“Surprisingly, when I woke up the next morning, I received a phone call from a friend who told me that there was a video of me stealing at a party and it had gone viral. My friend sent me the video immediately and I began to laugh when I viewed it because it was obviously a skit.

“In fact, the people that were at the table with me were aware of what was going on. The person that recorded the video was even laughing, so it is not sensible to tag me a thief. I never knew I was such a good actress until the video went viral. People prefer bad news to good news. They have chastised me because of the video and insulted my family.”

Gloria Akhigbe further disclosed that is still shocked that she was declared wanted by the police because of the skit.

“I was surprised when the police officer declared me wanted; I see it as defamation of character. There was no proper investigation or questioning before declaring me wanted.

“I had to address the policeman’s statement for declaring me wanted; I am still waiting for the policeman to come to me. This is the first time something like this is happening to me. I have funny skits that I do regularly.

“Initially, I was not embarrassed because some people who knew me as an actress understood it was just a skit. However, when I saw the negative comments and curses on the Internet, I felt bad,” she said.

https://lailasnews.com/im-surprised-police-declared-me-wanted-for-doing-skit-actress-gloria-akhigbe/

2 Likes

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by ehhmah(m): 9:51am On Nov 10, 2018
No be the same Nigeria we dey again... cool

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Houseofglam7(f): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
Overzealous maggots.
There are crimes of worse gravity perpetrated on a daily.... undecided

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Bossontop(m): 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
grin grin grin
When ever i jus think of the nigerian police i jus......

[img]https://media1./images/808d871fbf7e5720169a33b808b5c3e0/tenor.gif?itemid=4424988[/img]

Like who takes dese guys seriously anymore

171 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by BruncleZuma: 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
E don do nah

1 Like

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by okwabayi(m): 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2018
I did not read the write up. I know very well it kill some brain cells.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Beehshorp(m): 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
Na so e dey start na. If them give Egbegbe chance him for talk say na skit him dey do, abi audition for Mr real legbege song.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by paparazzi1987(m): 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
Yomi Shogunle should be demoted to Man O War or Guguru Defence cool

105 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Omeokachie: 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
But that is what police has become under the lifeless one

23 Likes

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Ayoswit(f): 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
Comedy gone bad

2 Likes

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by meguxi: 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
i thought there was freedom of speech

1 Like

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Edonnewi: 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
Seriously
Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by izzy4shizzy(m): 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
This is Nigeria
Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Bloooody(m): 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
There's no such thing as investigation here

1 Like

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Mizk(f): 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
See? Our country is a laughing stock.

2 Likes

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by wayne4loan: 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
Madame u are a thief, submit your self to the nearest police station or else angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by tobiprecious555: 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
police declared who wanted over what

1 Like

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by xcel20001: 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
And the idiot Shogunle abi na Shogbale tagged her as ‘this Yoruba woman’ ....
See your life? Foolishness at its peak.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Lexusgs430: 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2018
Finally...... Shame on NPF .....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Dething: 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
God has picked your call. Please Sue the Nigeria Police. You will get more fame.

2 Likes

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Lekan1o1: 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
undecided
Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by idrisreal002(m): 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
popularity stunt.
read shits like this in "48 laws of power".
Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by OlujobaSamuel: 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
and the foolish shogunle talk sey make we dey look for yoruba woman upandan, me don search so tey i don spend pass wetin e fit give me sef.
Dear Gloria, no vex na so our police dey do, just wait till you hear wetin dem go talk next, you dey shocked before, you sef go turn shock itself now

6 Likes

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Reference(m): 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
Why didn't you add a gun to the skit. We watch comedy skits all the spare time we have and when they go wrong yes the police gets invited and your simply explain yourself away. Madam your activities carry a certain degree of risk. That you're surprised about such risks speaks volumes about your level of awareness and enlightenment.

3 Likes

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Chaleeee: 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
But these same idiots saw 4 Ganduje videos and didn't declare him wanted.

36 Likes

Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by Athena4: 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2018
ha
Re: Age Anthonia: Police Declaring Me Wanted Over Comedy Skit Surprised Me by solex2g4(m): 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
There is no bad publicity pls kindly capitalized on dis one and make smthn reasonable out of it...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chika Ike Rocks Pink Bikini, Pictured With An Elephant At Pool Side / Sinachi And Pastor Joseph White Wedding Pics / YBNL Princess Refuses To Change Name Despite Leaving Olamide’s Label (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.