Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Age Gap In Relationships/marriages: Do We Still Frown At It? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Age Gap In Relationships/marriages: Do We Still Frown At It? (1424 Views)

Forced Marriages – They Are Not From Islam / Marriage To The Joneses? No. Islamic Marriages Please! / Why Prophet Moh'd (peace Be Upon Him) Have Multiple Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Gap In Relationships/marriages: Do We Still Frown At It? by Toheebah: 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2010
THIS IS SOMETHING THAT HAD BEEN BOTHERING ME FOR A WHILE NOW. I MET SOMEONE AND HE AHAPPENED TO BE YOUNGER THAN I AM. IT DIDN'T MATTER IF HE WE LIKED EACH OTHER BUT WE DECIDED IT WOULDN'T WORK.

MONTHS AFTER, I FOUND OUT AGAIN THAT THE ONE I THINK WAS THE ONE IS ALSO YOUNGER THAN ME,

HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO DO THIS?

PEOPLE SHOULD GET THIER AGES WRITTEN ON THEIR FACES,
WHY WAS I ATTRACTING THE YOUNGER ONES,

WHAT SHOULD I DO, LET GO AGAIN?
Re: Age Gap In Relationships/marriages: Do We Still Frown At It? by Spyker: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2010
I have seen married couples where the lady is older but the age difference is small, not more than two years. To some people, age difference matters (that includes me) while others it doesn't matter.
Find out how much it matters to your guy before you take the relationship serious. You can present it as a predicament of a friend of yours.
Re: Age Gap In Relationships/marriages: Do We Still Frown At It? by zayhal(f): 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2010
Age is nothing but a number, especially in marriage. The individuals is what matters. Are they both matured enough to handle it? will the wife not be angry nd tell the hubby "I'm not your mate!" when he's playing the manly role? will the hubby not say" I should have married someone younger if the wife behaves like a woman? and so many issues like that.

On a final note, we have a perfect example from the noble Prophet (saw) and Khadijah his wife who was about 15years older than Him, yet love and happiness blossomed in their home even after her death.
Re: Age Gap In Relationships/marriages: Do We Still Frown At It? by Jaideyone(m): 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2010
the age gap shouldn't be a problem. Didn't mohammed the paedophille marry a minor? Lol

(1) (Reply)

(first 10 Days Of Dhulhijja) Care To Read This / Tbaba,please Explain This Hadith / Jesus And Muhammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.