Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead (32771 Views)

Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos / Boat Carrying 200 Passengers Break Into 2 In River Niger, Many Feared Dead / BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by kikiwendy(f): 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
willyo:
I dedicate this post to kikiwendy and I and all praise to God for making sure we're accident free
Awwwwn.. Thank you and thank God for making us accident free
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by frozen70(f): 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
7figuresalary:
How much short time?? kiss kiss

Your mates are planning how their future will be

You are still looking for short time

No wander your sense of reasoning is shot

2 Likes

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by spokesboy: 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2018
Felixalex:
Wait! Another boat accident or the one that happened between two boats earlier this week? shocked shocked shocked
It's the same "dead" news. Read the report - it says Wednesday night.
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by basmur(m): 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2018
Travelling on water scared me most esp by boat or canoe...
Even make them dey share money for the other end, crossing water is a no no ....
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2018
frozen70:

Your mates are planning how their future will be

You are still looking for short time

No wander your sense of reasoning is shot
Quote ur price jorhh and stop wasting my time..
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by frozen70(f): 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2018
7figuresalary:
Quote ur price jorhh and stop wasting my time..

One Iberiberism detected
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by willyo(m): 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
kikiwendy:

Awwwwn.. Thank you and thank God for making us accident free

Made my day.
Thanks
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by spokesboy: 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
onegig:
I can't take a boat ride but out of necessity I took a ride in Sierra Leone some weeks back and the safety and organization was top notch. I didn't even know I was on water. They were on time, had life vest under each sit, the ride was smooth not withstanding that the water was a bit turbulent.

They had emergency procedures and so on and the irony is the company running it was owned by a Nigerian.

That's a country that just ended a war a decade or so back. I can never enter a boat ride in Lagos. I can't imagine going on such suicide ride. I doubt they are regulated and like the Nigerian character take safety for granted. In case of emergencies I doubt there's a single back up plan to save you and the most cringeworthy thing, most don't even give you functional life vests.

I'm sure you don't take a boat ride in Nigeria and hence you know nothing going on in that sector. Congrats for the information about the Sierra Leone boat ride which seems to be the only one you have tested and can trust. The Lagos Waterways is busier and safer today than you can ever imagine.
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
frozen70:

One Iberiberism detected

U dey do anal??
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by shineeye1: 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2018
Adherence to safety procedures is an unbearable burden to the Nigerian. He prefers to bear the burden of the consequences of safety violation. What a low life!
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by doskie(m): 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
PearlStreet:

These cyber beggars and fraudsters have become so brazen that they don't even bother appealing or being courteous.

Look at this idiot talking like an armed robber. No courtesy, nothing. Talking as if his father gave us money to hold. Why don't you ask your family members or those around you? Ill-bred mongrel.
loool. he is counting on his juju
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Felixalex(m): 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
spokesboy:

It's the same "dead" news. Read the report - it says Wednesday night.

Okay
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by doskie(m): 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
oyetunder:
A warning to us all that we shall not live forever. Those who died had plans for next year. Many are already jumping towards next year elections-but not all that helped n the primaries shall be alive to vote next year.
true word
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by doskie(m): 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2018
onegig:
I can't take a boat ride but out of necessity I took a ride in Sierra Leone some weeks back and the safety and organization was top notch. I didn't even know I was on water. They were on time, had life vest under each sit, the ride was smooth not withstanding that the water was a bit turbulent.

They had emergency procedures and so on and the irony is the company running it was owned by a Nigerian.

That's a country that just ended a war a decade or so back. I can never enter a boat ride in Lagos. I can't imagine going on such suicide ride. I doubt they are regulated and like the Nigerian character take safety for granted. In case of emergencies I doubt there's a single back up plan to save you and the most cringeworthy thing, most don't even give you functional life vests.

absolutely true.

if you see them in ikoyi water side around iru close. i am always scared of them.

2 Likes

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Hppro: 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2018
RIP to the dead
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by legibow: 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ki lo ba ka.... You can stay I ur house ehn... You sha want to give all this ber months ......
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 10, 2018
I traverse the length and breath of Lagos creeks and the sea in pursuit of my official assignment.

Everyday, we live by the skin of our teeth.

Just yesterday, a crazy commercial boat operator got us stranded midstream at about 9:48pm . The stupid man suddenly realized that he has very limited fuel.

We were drifting for about ten minutes. I prayed all the prayers I knew until I was able to get another boat after I sent an SOS request to everyone I know can help..

I was scared stiff. I thank God that help came. No emergency services in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by frozen70(f): 8:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
7figuresalary:
U dey do anal??

Abeg, carry your madness go meet your gay partner
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by onegig(m): 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2018
spokesboy:

I'm sure you don't take a boat ride in Nigeria and hence you know nothing going on in that sector. Congrats for the information about the Sierra Leone boat ride which seems to be the only one you have tested and can trust. The Lagos Waterways is busier and safer today than you can ever imagine.

It's a personal thing . Some have phobia for airplanes. Also experience shape thought processes. Some would never take a night bus because of the inherent dangers. You don't have to press p.

I don't, because they aren't a necessity where I stay. I would rather drive long hours than take all those passenger boats I see in Lagos.

The numerous stories i hear about passenger ferry services ain't encouraging. If you work in that sector and have better information you can definitely enlighten us.

Edited.. just check the above post by Zionista as another evidence of my fears.
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
frozen70:

Abeg, carry your madness go meet your gay partner
Short time with pull off..how much??
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
Shibaraba:
Oh lawd
Rip

I so love myself....anything water I jump am pass
Owe me 10 m live opposite river I go dash you the money
The day wey I fear water pass na the day wey I dey drive ontop third mainland bridge. I dey hear the water dey call me. Tell me say make I jump say e no go pain me as na heaven I go enter straight.
Fear water

marine spirit dey ur body o
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by mikron(m): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
We are still in celebration mood as my elder brother was among the survivors, as an izon man he was able to swim ashore when the boat capsized. We thank God for his life and the other survivors, may the souls of the departed RIP

1 Like

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by heffem(m): 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2018
7figuresalary:
All of them go die last last grin grin

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Wiizzyy: 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
Shibaraba:
Oh lawd
Rip

I so love myself....anything water I jump am pass
Owe me 10 m live opposite river I go dash you the money
The day wey I fear water pass na the day wey I dey drive ontop third mainland bridge. I dey hear the water dey call me. Tell me say make I jump say e no go pain me as na heaven I go enter straight.
Fear water
I think say na only me dey fear water like dis oo
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by madgoat(m): 11:26pm On Nov 10, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Death is inevitable. I find stories about death
strangely fascinating grin
Maybe its because we would all die one day.
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by joshprime(m): 12:09am On Nov 11, 2018
I thank God for saving me that is my everyday route I take to work but on that day I just decided to go by road, over there at Sifax jetty in Ojo local government they are not organized and they give us fake self made life jacket just to make us feel confident that we are save that was the reason three people died and five missing, God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by deleo16(m): 12:09am On Nov 11, 2018
I have no pity for what happened to ambode here in Lagos I was happy he was kick out ,instead of him to explore other alternatives transport system like rail and water system the dude was in his own world destroying what was on ground working and building new project which most are abandoned cause traffic in Lagos ,even if it's just a 2 or 3 good ferry that is well equipped and safe it's better beneath is a new youk taxi ferry not the canoe we call ferry I can never enter that boat death trap in Lagos

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by BENARI: 1:40am On Nov 11, 2018
Is it a must for water transportation to work in Lagos?

I'll rather fly with Nigeria Airforce pilots than enter boat for Lagos.

At least we can eject when we jam each other by mistake.
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 11, 2018
[quote author=heffem post=72858098][/quote]

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Buikechukwu35(m): 5:50am On Nov 11, 2018
7figuresalary:
All of them go die last last grin grin
what goes around comes around and what comes around goes around one day you'll lost someone related to u and you'll feel the pain of losing someone.
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 11, 2018
Buikechukwu35:
what goes around comes around and what comes around goes around one day you'll lost someone related to u and you'll feel the pain of losing someone.
I've lost so many persons related to me...watched my dad die of cancer on his hospital bed in September...watched my bro die at home of an unknown illness...so shove ur rants up ur ass...

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2018
JoseVanMoyes:
no life jacket

exactly! No life jacket, and without this, it's risky.... travelled through the waters from ph to Bonny island yesterday... but it was ok

RIP TO THEM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of The Calabar-odukpani Dual Carriageway And Odukpani Flyover / Truck Crushes Lady Dead In Owerri; Mob Burns The Truck (Graphic Photos) / Emdee Tiamiyu Interview With Daddy Freeze After Been Exposed Online (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.