Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

My Weird Encounter With SARS - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Weird Encounter With SARS (901 Views)

Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation / My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls / Scottish Lady Recounts Her Encounter With A Nigerian Toilet Attendant (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Weird Encounter With SARS by Laysmt001(m): 7:05am On Nov 11, 2018
I was stopped by SARS while going to Ilorin today.

I was isolated out of the six passengers in car. At the time, I was beginning to doubt my dress. I was putting on black shirt and pants as seen in the picture below. Wore an "Aboki inspired" wristwatch and bracelet embroidered with a sculpture that looks more like a scalp. I love spooky fashion sense, and that is how I am always. My haircut wasn't too bad for an average Nigerian too.

Come down! Come down!! One of them yelled.

With impeccable politeness, I came down from the car. They asked me to show where my luggage was for inspection. I didn't mutter, who wan chop brutal slap?

Here is my bag sir *pointing frantically at where it was in the boot*

They searched every nook and cranny of the bag and saw nothing fishy. At this time, everyone in the car was beginning to show their appreciation to God that I was not really a criminal as they cliché. Everyone was happy.

But instead of my uncles in black to say "good boy, you can now take your leave", they made a weird case in the razors in my bag. RAZORS ! ! !

What are you doing with these Razors?

I'm using it for my nails

Nails only? If it is for nails only, you should have just one. Why having about 5 of it?

I began to muffle in disarray. Could this be joke? Before I knew, they had thrown my bag inside the Hilux.

The driver was almost mad. Likewise everybody in the car too. The more we pleaded, the more they they threatened to take me to station. It wasn't funny anymore.

The driver boxed me into corner to ask if I had money with me. I scurried through my pocket and picked out #2000.

Brethren, it wasn't up to 30 seconds of negotiation that the driver came back with my bag. They collected the money with the tsunami of shame in their armpits.

I hope they use the money for deodorant.

But should I curse their future? They will never know peace.

P S:
1. In the process of searchingthey broke my headset.
2. They embarrassed me in front of beautiful girls by mocking my torn boxer.

Re: My Weird Encounter With SARS by nzeobi(m): 7:15am On Nov 11, 2018
that's the situation we find ourselves in Nigeria but I thought SARS has been disbanded.

1 Like

Re: My Weird Encounter With SARS by ArcFresky(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2018
grin grin, guys on Illegal duty.

Too much wahala for this Nigeria sef.

1 Like

Re: My Weird Encounter With SARS by dkronicle(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2018
They embarrassed me in front of beautiful girls by mocking my torn boxer
You be big boy. If boxer too cost for ur area na 700. Stop being a deekson
Re: My Weird Encounter With SARS by Chriswazo(m): 8:20am On Nov 11, 2018
Oga every professional security personnel would want to know why you will have over 5 razors in your bag? For what kwanu? If u were a kindergarten student that uses pencil, then is understandable but an adult carrying 5 razors in bag as property is alarming.
Re: My Weird Encounter With SARS by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
but wetin you carry 5 razor blades dey do na
Re: My Weird Encounter With SARS by lonlytroy(m): 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2018
eosigwe:
but wetin you carry 5 razor blades dey do na

U know wether na Awoof Razor, no be everybody fit buy Razor under this regime
Re: My Weird Encounter With SARS by Favor99(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
lonlytroy:

U know wether na Awoof Razor, no be everybody fit buy Razor under this regime
Happy birthday bro. cool
God bless you
Re: My Weird Encounter With SARS by speedyconnect3: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2018
But please sars is not here and i am not saying u are a criminal but what are 5 razors meant for?
Re: My Weird Encounter With SARS by transfer101: 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
I was stopped at Okoko last week while coming from badagry. Despite telling them I am an ICT student, they questioned the use of my laptop. Before I knew what was happening, they instructed my driver to driver to drive to the station, which he did.

They offloaded my load, searched my bag like their life depend on it, before passing my laptop to another one of them who is well seated. He request for my password, after which he perusedun my laptop for about 10mins. While doing this, another one was checking my small phone - asking if about where my big phone is undecided

After all the search, you have to see the look of disappointment on their face when the one searching the system said. "na hin school work dey dir" undecided undecided

Those guys are criminals in uniform.
Re: My Weird Encounter With SARS by comm: 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
Picture of the torn boxa

(1) (Reply)

Getting To Kastina By Air - Pls Help / See What They Did To The Guys Caught In Matrass So Sorry For Them / Trips To Dubai [updated] -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.