Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada (3427 Views)

After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by BornToSucced(m): 9:05am On Nov 11, 2018
Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by dingbang(m): 9:10am On Nov 11, 2018
Of course you can get a very good job when you come back.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by BornToSucced(m): 9:23am On Nov 11, 2018
dingbang:
Of course you can get a very good job when you come back.

Thanks. That’s if I want to return in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by dingbang(m): 9:37am On Nov 11, 2018
BornToSucced:

Thanks. That’s if I want to return in the first place.
ok good choice. I wish you the very best in your endeavours and success in your life decisions. Just as your moniker is, you will succeed.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by BornToSucced(m): 9:59am On Nov 11, 2018
dingbang:
ok good choice. I wish you the very best in your endeavours and success in your life decisions. Just as your moniker is, you will succeed.

lol. I sincerely appreciate bro!
Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Raalsalghul: 10:08am On Nov 11, 2018
BornToSucced:
Dear Nairaland,

I need your opinion before I made my final decision.

I graduated in 2012 with a 2.1 in Marketing, and by Gods grace, I am working in a good organization that pay almost 500k per month.

Unfortunately, my chances of being promoted in my current place of work is slim due to office politics and bias for local degree.

I therefore intend to resign and pursue a masters degree in International Business, International Development, or Electronic Business Technologies in USA or Canada.

I hope to sponsor myself through my savings.

Is this a good move?

Can I get a good job after graduation?

Can I get a part time job to take care of my bills?

Please I need your advise.

Thanks and happy Sunday!

If I earn your kind of money I won't be thinkibg of relocating but will go on various vacations so as ro be well versed. You living the life in the ****hole.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by chineji(m): 10:12am On Nov 11, 2018
You should leave ASAP but make sure you are going to a top school. Target at least top 50 and spread your tenticles. Look also to schools in the USA and research on scholarships. I used to be one of those that believed in Africa and would always talk people out of leaving but after I saw Italy my perspective just changed. We in Nigeria are living like animals and no amount of money can change this. Leave if not for your sake, for your children's sake. They would forever be grateful.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by BornToSucced(m): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2018
chineji:
You should leave ASAP but make sure you are going to a top school. Target at least top 50 and spread your tenticles. Look also to schools in the USA and research on scholarships. I used to be one of those that believed in Africa and would always talk people out of leaving but after I saw Italy my perspective just changed. We in Nigeria are living like animals and no amount of money can change this. Leave if not for your sake, for your children's sake. They would forever be grateful.

Indeed, you are talking from experience. I appreciate your advise. I think I can learn a lot from you.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by leonard002(m): 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2018
travel, but be sure you have a very strong financial backing. do a lot of research and calculations before finally deciding

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Raalsalghul: 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2018
chineji:
I read your adventure story. Been looking for something like that for sometime now.
Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by dingbang(m): 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2018
BornToSucced:

lol. I sincerely appreciate bro!
you are welcome.
Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Mille: 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
BornToSucced:

Indeed, you are talking from experience. I appreciate your advise. I think I can learn a lot from you.

What experience are you talking about? The experience of chineji, someone who spent a few days in Italy on vacation, not even someone who studied, worked or stay longer in the country to understand the real experience. Someone who has experienced and with no knowledge of neither the living or working conditions.

I hope Mr chineji has been to Milan lampugnano to see the hundreds of Africans who are looking to leave Italy in droves due to lack of job opportunities. I hope he has been to Parma to see how 12 Nigerians are cramped in 2 bedroom apartments. I hope he also saw well educated Nigerians who are sweeping the streets of Italy. And I do hope he knows there are as many Italians migrating to Germany for better opportunities.

So I think you need those with more experience that that. Well, unless you are going to the USA or Canada to go and admire the blue sea, US & Canadian women, the good roads or the fast trains.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by chineji(m): 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
Mille:

What experience are you talking about? The experience of chineji, someone who spent a few days in Italy on vacation, not even someone who studied, worked or stay longer in the country to understand the real experience. Someone who has experienced and with no knowledge of neither the living or working conditions.

I hope Mr chineji has been to Milan lampugnano to see the hundreds of Africans who are looking to leave Italy in droves due to lack of job opportunities. I hope he has been to Parma to see how 12 Nigerians are cramped in 2 bedroom apartments. I hope he also saw well educated Nigerians who are sweeping the streets of Italy. And I do hope he knows there are as many Italians migrating to Germany for better opportunities.

So I think you need those with more experience that that. Well, unless you are going to the USA or Canada to go and admire the blue sea, US & Canadian women, the good roads or the fast trains.

The Nigerians there should all come back to Nigeria then since Nigeria is better than Italy. Any Nigerian abroad who is advising a fellow Nigerian or African to remain in Africa is more wicked than the devil. Op even the politicians in Nigeria all have foreign passports. They give birth to their kids abroad and yet they tell the commoners to believe in Nigeria. Believe in what. You are bright and young leave ASAP. I finished school and no job in this shithole called Nigeria. To run a business or raise funding in this hellhole is as hard as rocks yet I kept on working and believing in the continent. We have suffered so much that we see abnormal as normal. Op flee if you can flee.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Taofeekdboy(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
chineji:

The Nigerians there should all come back to Nigeria then since Nigeria is better than Italy. Any Nigerian abroad who is advising a fellow Nigerian or African to remain in Africa is more wicked than the devil. Op even the politicians in Nigeria all have foreign passports. They give birth to their kids abroad and yet they tell the commoners to believe in Nigeria. Believe in what. You are bright and young leave ASAP. I finished school and no job in this shithole called Nigeria. To run a business or raise funding in this hellhole is as hard as rocks yet I kept on working and believing in the continent. We have suffered so much that we see abnormal as normal. Op flee if you can flee.
He should flee without proper planning when he is earning half a million in Nigeria, I’m not against him Travelling because at some point in life, you will need to experience the outside community. At first, going for masters degree in USA or Canada will not guarantee you automatic job after graduation because you will join bunch of jobless immigrants seeking job opportunities also because I have like 2 friends that ended up in Nigeria after their masters degree. Secondly , if you plan on doing any kind of work(hustling) over there, then I can implore you to move but a bird at hand is worth a million in the bush. The kind of salary that even Nigerians in abroad are even dreaming of is what you are debating on...

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Mille: 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2018
chineji:

Please don't pour your frustrations on me. I'm not responsible for whatever challenges you are facing. We all have ours. Direct your anger to the politicians who have the foreign passport you are screaming about.

My advice is to the Op. May I remind you that the Op is not searching for a job nor seeking funding for a business. He is earning 500k in a good organization. Telling him to seek advice from those who have PROPER EXPERIENCES and knowledge about the life and work situation is not and should not be a crime. He is not migrating to the USA to go and feed on good roads, fast trains or drink the blue sea.

At least if he should seek one, not from those suffering from inferiority complex.

"I used to think it was impossible for women to be interesting and funny but white women proved me so wrong". says a lot about you, your lifestyles and the people you surround yourself with.

Not only is that comment an insult to my mother and the thousands of Beautiful and Intelligent Nigerian women I have studied, worked and interacted with, it is an insult to the many black people who have fought and sacrificed their lives to correct this kind of stupid notion that is now coming from a supposed black man.

I mean, of all women in the world, Italian women. If they were well read and know absolutely everything, they will first of all know that Africa is a continent and not a country.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by chineji(m): 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
He should flee without proper planning when he is earning half a million in Nigeria, I’m not against him Travelling because at some point in life, you will need to experience the outside community. At first, going for masters degree in USA or Canada will not guarantee you automatic job after graduation because you will join bunch of jobless immigrants seeking job opportunities also because I have like 2 friends that ended up in Nigeria after their masters degree. Secondly , if you plan on doing any kind of work(hustling) over there, then I can implore you to move but a bird at hand is worth a million in the bush. The kind of salary that even Nigerians in abroad are even dreaming of is what you are debating on...

The way una dey blow zobo for us eh. Which Nigerian abroad is dreaming of 500k a month. There is absolutely nothing in this zoo of a country called Nigeria. If the Nigerians in the diaspora have it as bad as it's being portrayed on nairaland then they should all come back.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Taofeekdboy(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2018
chineji:

The way una dey blow zobo for us eh. Which Nigerian abroad is dreaming of 500k a month. There is absolutely nothing in this zoo of a country called Nigeria. If the Nigerians in the diaspora have it as bad as it's being portrayed on nairaland then they should all come back.
Guy, don’t just because you went to Italy and saw beatiful roads and good infrastructures, that will mean everything is good with them including job opportunities, if you know how some Nigerians fair abroad, then you will know it is not easy at all. Even Italians are migrating to neighboring countries because of job opportunities and you are here in your own world talking about good roads and good infrastructure, maybe that’s what op will be feeding on when he gets there.
PS: you think if there is a sure job of 500k monthly salary been assured for some Nigerians abroad, you will see a lot coming back including me ��

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by chineji(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
Guy, don’t just because you went to Italy and saw beatiful roads and good infrastructures, that will mean everything is good with them including job opportunities, if you know how some Nigerians fair abroad, then you will know it is not easy at all. Even Italians are migrating to neighboring countries because of job opportunities and you are here in your own world talking about good roads and good infrastructure, maybe that’s what op will be feeding on when he gets there.
PS: you think if there is a sure job of 500k monthly salary been assured for some Nigerians abroad, you will see a lot coming back including me ��

Migrate to where. Italians don't even need a visa to leave their country to any other developed nation. With the rest of Europe they could just go with an ID card. If the Africans in Europe have it that bad then they should come back to Nigeria. Elections are next year and Buhari has a 99 percent chance of winning. Maybe he will bring in the so talked about jobs with a salary if 500k at least a month.

The below pic is what Italians need to go to Germany. I chose Germany because she has the largest economy in Europe.

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Mille: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
chineji:

Migrate to where. Italians don't even need a visa to leave their country to any other developed nation.

So a Nigerian moving to Ghana ie not Migration or what? Someone needs to define migration to you. Definitely not me.

It's understandable now when you say you don't see smart and beautiful Nigerian women. Coulomb's law states that "Like charges attract, and unlike charges repel".

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by chineji(m): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
Mille:

So a Nigerian moving to Ghana ie not Migration or what? Someone needs to define migration to you. Definitely not me.

It's understandable now when you say you don't see smart and beautiful Nigerian women. Coulomb's law states that "Like charges attract, and unlike charges repel".
Yadayada undecided. I have given the op my own advice. He can do whatever he wants. It's his life.
Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Cyberknight: 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2018
BornToSucced:
Dear Nairaland,

I need your opinion before I made my final decision.

I graduated in 2012 with a 2.1 in Marketing, and by Gods grace, I am working in a good organization that pay almost 500k per month.

Unfortunately, my chances of being promoted in my current place of work is slim due to office politics and bias for local degree.

I therefore intend to resign and pursue a masters degree in International Business, International Development, or Electronic Business Technologies in USA or Canada.

I hope to sponsor myself through my savings.

Is this a good move?

Can I get a good job after graduation?

Can I get a part time job to take care of my bills?

Please I need your advise.

Thanks and happy Sunday!

If you must go abroad, try and revise the list of courses you mentioned there and look for something more practical that will give you the skills you need to succeed in your new environment.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2018
Cyberknight:

If you must go abroad, try and revise the list of courses you mentioned there and look for something more practical that will give you the skills you need to succeed in your new environment.
Best advice.
If not, just continue your job here and keep making more money.
Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2018
Dear @BornToSucced,
I am happy you’re not dissuaded by what you currently earn. Nothing lasts forever in Nigeria. However, I do not see why you’ll resign only to go run masters degree when you can do it yourself and get a permanent residency in Australia or Canada.

This is the link to Australia thread here on Nairaland. Search Nairaland for the Canny thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by BornToSucced(m): 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
koleefem05:
Dear @BornToSucced,
I am happy you’re not dissuaded by what you currently earn. Nothing lasts forever in Nigeria. However, I do not see why you’ll resign only to go run masters degree when you can do it yourself and get a permanent residency in Australia or Canada.

This is the link to Australia thread here on Nairaland. Search Nairaland for the Canny thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

Thanks man!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by BornToSucced(m): 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
Cyberknight:

Thanks bro.

I am doing an international certification in digital Marketing, and intend to do something in web and digital transformation.

But could you please suggest any. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Mizwisdom(f): 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2018
chineji:

Bro, your problem is not village people, it's not politicians, it's not your education, it's YOU. How many days did you spend in Italy that has made you an experienced consultant? grin awon Profs ti de cheesy The OP is very free to resign from a N500K job, but he's not coming from a place of frustration like you, he's very comfortable, just needs to experience other cultures to appreciate what he has.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by ekanDamie: 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
If I earn your kind of money I won't be thinkibg of relocating but will go on various vacations so as ro be well versed. You living the life in the ****hole.
When u begin to earn it, u will believe that there are other problems than ur present. I know someone who earns almost 1M /month n still relocated with his FAM to canada

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Raalsalghul: 5:32am On Nov 13, 2018
ekanDamie:

When u begin to earn it, u will believe that there are other problems than ur present. I know someone who earns almost 1M /month n still relocated with his FAM to canada
True.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Godson201333(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2018
Don’t listen to Nigerians that compare their country to advanced countries.

Don’t listen to Nigerians that blame their skin color for their frustration.

Don’t listen to Nigerians that claim everybody washes dishes.

Many of these people that complains doesn’t even have anything to fall on back home.Give them oppotunity to live in moon,They will still complain.It is called Human Behaviour.

Never compare yourself anybody rather focus on just you ,yourself.

I wish you good luck bro.
Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Cyberknight: 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
BornToSucced:

Thanks bro.

I am doing an international certification in digital Marketing, and intend to do something in web and digital transformation.

But could you please suggest any. Thanks

What you can do depends on your own abilities and interests, of course.

But I will advise you to take as your starting point the lists of occupations in demand for which Canada and Australia are seeking immigrants. Discount most of the white collar ones and pay more attention to those that are practical skills-based.

Lastly, remember that paper qualifications are not as valued there as they are here, so you need to target your efforts and hard-earned naira.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Contumely: 7:40pm On Nov 13, 2018
The op is an attention seeker and doesn't even earn upto 100k
nonsense.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja’s Jabi District / 1 Year Switzerland Visa With Working Permit / Photos of Amazing Water Bridge In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.