Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada (3434 Views)

After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by BornToSucced(m): 9:38am On Nov 14, 2018
Cyberknight:

What you can do depends on your own abilities and interests, of course.

But I will advise you to take as your starting point the lists of occupations in demand for which Canada and Australia are seeking immigrants. Discount most of the white collar ones and pay more attention to those that are practical skills-based.

Lastly, remember that paper qualifications are not as valued there as they are here, so you need to target your efforts and hard-earned naira.

Best of luck.

Thank you bro! I am carefully gathering all the necessary information. I have added Germany to my list as well. Thanks once again for your time.
Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by BornToSucced(m): 9:43am On Nov 14, 2018
Contumely:
The op is an attention seeker and doesn't even earn upto 100k

nonsense.

Bro, that shouldn’t be your concern. What do I gain from coming here to advertise my salary.

I only included that information so people can understand where am coming from and advise me properly.

I wish you the best!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Boss13: 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2018
chineji:
You should leave ASAP but make sure you are going to a top school. Target at least top 50 and spread your tenticles. Look also to schools in the USA and research on scholarships. I used to be one of those that believed in Africa and would always talk people out of leaving but after I saw Italy my perspective just changed. We in Nigeria are living like animals and no amount of money can change this. Leave if not for your sake, for your children's sake. They would forever be grateful.

Living like animals - that’s a strong descriptive word to use. I think it’s offensive.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by edoman2016: 2:33pm On Nov 14, 2018
BornToSucced:
Dear Nairaland,

I need your opinion before I made my final decision.

I graduated in 2012 with a 2.1 in Marketing, and by Gods grace, I am working in a good organization that pay almost 500k per month.

Unfortunately, my chances of being promoted in my current place of work is slim due to office politics and bias for local degree.

I therefore intend to resign and pursue a masters degree in International Business, International Development, or Electronic Business Technologies in USA or Canada.

I hope to sponsor myself through my savings.

Is this a good move?

Can I get a good job after graduation?

Can I get a part time job to take care of my bills?

Please I need your advise.

Thanks and happy Sunday!

I doubt if you earn 500,000 Naira salary in a Nigerian company. If you are bold, mention the company name and I am sure some nairalanders working there can confirm it or not.

500k salary in Nigeria? Na so e easy. Be deceiving yourself.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by chineji(m): 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
Boss13:

Living like animals - that’s a strong descriptive word to use. I think it’s offensive.
Bro I wish I could say less but this is a country that has no basic amenity or infrastructure. No electricity, no good roads, no water for its citizens. How many Nigerians have access to fresh water. Something a ship does effortlessly (producing fresh water from sea water). The basics aren't even there. I don't even wanna talk about more complex things. It is easier to make money here if you have the right business I won't deny that but the quality of life here is really shit.

Most Nigerians don't even know what is normal or abnormal or what they should have or not have. Not having electricity or security or access to clean water is seen as normal here. How is that not living like an animal?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by Mizwisdom(f): 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
Boss13:

He lives like one.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by BornToSucced(m): 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
edoman2016:

I doubt if you earn 500,000 Naira salary in a Nigerian company. If you are bold, mention the company name and I am sure some nairalanders working there can confirm it or not.

This believe is what’s keeping you from where you are. I don’t need to proof anything to you. That’s not why am here.

When I graduated and moved to Lagos, my friends were saying Lagos is congested and I can’t get a good job without connection.

Today they have seen that life is GIGO! Change your mindset.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by usabirthconnect: 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
Mille:

Please don't pour your frustrations on me. I'm not responsible for whatever challenges you are facing. We all have ours. Direct your anger to the politicians who have the foreign passport you are screaming about.

My advice is to the Op. May I remind you that the Op is not searching for a job nor seeking funding for a business. He is earning 500k in a good organization. Telling him to seek advice from those who have PROPER EXPERIENCES and knowledge about the life and work situation is not and should not be a crime. He is not migrating to the USA to go and feed on good roads, fast trains or drink the blue sea.

At least if he should seek one, not from those suffering from inferiority complex.

"I used to think it was impossible for women to be interesting and funny but white women proved me so wrong". says a lot about you, your lifestyles and the people you surround yourself with.

Not only is that comment an insult to my mother and the thousands of Beautiful and Intelligent Nigerian women I have studied, worked and interacted with, it is an insult to the many black people who have fought and sacrificed their lives to correct this kind of stupid notion that is now coming from a supposed black man.

I mean, of all women in the world, Italian women. If they were well read and know absolutely everything, they will first of all know that Africa is a continent and not a country.

GM

For anyone who needs accomodation around Henrico Hospital in VA USA ...PLS CONTACT usabirthconnect@gmail.com for further info
Re: I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada by MrBlock: 11:12am On Mar 18, 2021
edoman2016:

I hope you no longer carry this mindset. People earn as much as N3m monthly from paid employment here in Nigeria. N500k is a low salary band.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Emergency Travel Certificate / Survived Another Crash Today. God Is Merciful. / 1 Year Switzerland Visa With Working Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.