Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Why Aren't Catholics Friendly - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Aren't Catholics Friendly (2043 Views)

Why Aren't There Many Virgins? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ilamina(f): 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
They don't even welcome new members like other churches

Other churches welcome new members, they always have time to welcome new members every Sunday

Everyone is just so stuck up

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by tripplephi: 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
ESTABLISHED BRANDS do not need customer service.

They know that whether you come or not, they will always increase.
and actually people from other churches who have been through the stressful regimen of other church policies will eventually come to catholic to find peace.

So what are you complaining for?
They are on their own and they have what other churches do not have but NEED.

WELCOMING FIRST TIMERS is for needy churches to show fake "LOVE" even Jesus didn't welcome first timers... lol

Case Study NAIRALAND... Nairaland would almost beg you to post rubbish when it first started and SEUN was always online and emails were sent to recruit new MODS and ADMINS.... but when they became fully known and accepted worldwide..... BLOCKS AND BANS and lots of rules were placed to regulate things and the NICENESS ended.

so bro.... SUCH IS LIFE.

Ilamina:

Other churches welcome new members, they always have time to welcome new members every Sunday

6 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Nbote(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2018
Will U jus shut d hell up... So becos dey do not announce new members and offer U soft drinks Den dey are not friendly abi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by uboma(m): 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
tripplephi:

and actually people from other churches who have been through the stressful regimen of other church policies will eventually come to catholic to find peace.

WELCOMING FIRST TIMERS is for needy churches to show fake "LOVE" even Jesus didn't welcome first timers... lol

Case Study NAIRALAND... Nairaland would almost beg you to post rubbish when it first started and SEUN was always online and emails were sent to recruit new MODS and ADMINS.... but when they became fully known and accepted worldwide..... BLOCKS AND BANS and lots of rules were placed to regulate things and the NICENESS ended.

so bro.... SUCH IS LIFE.

What follows after being proud is a disastrous fall...
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by moneyadulttube: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2018
check my signature
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2018
BUT THEY ACKNWOLEDGE THE FACT THAT NON CATHOLICS WORSHIP WITH THEM BECAUSE DURING HOLY COMMUNION, THEY WILL ANNOUNCE THAT THE COMMUNION IS ONLY FOR CATHOLICS WHO ARE PREPARED FOR IT.

4 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by JoanOluchi(f): 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ilamina:

Be sure of what you post on Nairaland.. My Parish welcomes new members every last Sunday of the month..

I'm in Port Harcourt tho.

3 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by tripplephi: 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
IF THEY WILL FALL, IT IS NOT OUR BUSINESS.... waiting for such systems or organisations to fall is a waste of time... simply serve God and move on.

BTW.... JESUS DIDN'T FALL. He also was not bothered by who came or who left... he even asked his disciples if they were leaving and he never showed NICENESS TO ANYONE Just to get them to stay.... till NOW... He didn't fall.

ITS ALL ABOUT PRIORITIES BRO.

uboma:

What follows after being proud is a disastrous fall...

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by hisgrace090: 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
Nbote:
Will U jus shut d hell up... So becos dey do not announce new members and offer U soft drinks Den dey are not friendly abi

Is this gutter language of you'rs good for a fellower of Christ Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by uboma(m): 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2018
tripplephi:
IF THEY WILL FALL, IT IS NOT OUR BUSINESS.... waiting for such systems or organisations to fall is a waste of time... simply serve God and move on.

BTW.... JESUS DIDN'T FALL. He also was not bothered by who came or who left... he even asked his disciples if they were leaving and he never showed NICENESS TO ANYONE Just to get them to stay.... till NOW... He didn't fall.

ITS ALL ABOUT PRIORITIES BRO.

Your reasoning and comparison is faulty
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Mizwisdom(f): 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ilamina:

I attended one of their masses but did not get welcomed. Everybody was minding his or her business, i didn't understand the lack of communication with new faces it's like they only communicate with people they know are active members.
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ilamina(f): 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2018
Mizwisdom:

I attended one of their masses but did not get welcomed. Everybody was minding his or her business, i didn't understand the lack of communication with new faces it's like they only communicate with people they know are active members.

Thanks boo, glad I am not the only one who noticed it
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by InansBobo(m): 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
tripplephi:

so bro.... SUCH IS LIFE.

Is there any Catholic Church in Nigeria that has more population than Faith tabernacle, RCCG HQ, Dunamis HQ?

If you don't have sense to speak, why not keep shut up

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by tripplephi: 10:49pm On Nov 11, 2018
bro dont talk when you do not know what goes on in the churches u mentioned.... THERE ARE CATHOLIC CHURCHES LARGER..... where in the world have you traveled to?

you are using HQ churches to compare with branches of a church from ROME... and you claim to have sense. its non-sense you have

InansBobo:
Is there any Catholic Church in Nigeria that has more population than Faith tabernacle, RCCG HQ, Dunamis HQ?

If you don't have sense to speak, why not keep shut up

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by tripplephi: 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2018
BRO nothing is faulty than you satifying your flesh with the HOPE OF SOME ORGANISATION FALLING.

people who are not inside an organisation have opinions that do not count.

if they are PROUD... is it you to determine it or GOD?

have you not read your bible that you should not judge.... ABEGI

uboma:

Your reasoning and comparison is faulty
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Nobody: 4:25am On Nov 12, 2018
tripplephi:

so bro.... SUCH IS LIFE.

Seun messages were popping my mail back then. I got to know nairaland via that mail although not with this moniker.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 12, 2018
Ilamina:

That doesn't mean they are not friendly. The universal church are unique in their own ways different from protestants and pentecostals. Probably you were expecting this song lyrics
" You are welcome in the name of the Lord". Although different parishes difers

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Nobody: 4:30am On Nov 12, 2018
Nbote:
You are not friendly. You just portrayed what op is yearning to ask

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ilamina(f): 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
Catholics are the same as Muslims

They take their religion seriously

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ilamina(f): 5:43pm On Nov 12, 2018
iAudio:
BUT THEY ACKNWOLEDGE THE FACT THAT NON CATHOLICS WORSHIP WITH THEM BECAUSE DURING HOLY COMMUNION, THEY WILL ANNOUNCE THAT THE COMMUNION IS ONLY FOR CATHOLICS WHO ARE PREPARED FOR IT.

They didn't announce that
It's my friend that told me not too go up
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by InansBobo(m): 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
tripplephi:
bro dont talk when you do not know what goes on in the churches u mentioned.... THERE ARE CATHOLIC CHURCHES LARGER..... where in the world have you traveled to?

you are using HQ churches to compare with branches of a church from ROME... and you claim to have sense. its non-sense you have

i thought u were talking about Nigeria.
Still, living faith HQ is bigger than Basilica in Rome
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
Mizwisdom:

The size of the average Catholic parish is between 2000-5000 members. How on earth will they get to know new members? Catholics are however encouraged to belong to pious societies which are sub- divisions much smaller than whole parishes and much more acquainted with their members
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2018
InansBobo:
Are you seriously comparing the Catholic church with Living faith church? Are you fucking kidding me? The Catholic church in Anambra,Enugu and imo state alone is more than the entire living faith church.

There is no basis for comparison of both churches in terms of wealth, population, history or infrastructure.

The Catholic church in the US state of California alone is Richer than Nigeria

BTW St Peter's basilica is the largest Church in the world with 15,160 sq metre

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by EternalTruth: 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
asuustrike1:

Seun messages were popping my mail back then. I got to know nairaland via that mail although not with this moniker.
asuustrike2009 na u dey cause all this incessant strike abi?
no allow make boys deal with u oh? house don taya person ni
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2018
EternalTruth:
asuustrike2009 na u dey cause all this incessant strike abi?
no allow make boys deal with u oh? house don taya person ni
There are many persons bearing that moniker. Asuustrike1 is the original one others are counterfeit.
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by EternalTruth: 11:42pm On Nov 12, 2018
asuustrike1:

There are many persons bearing that moniker. Asuustrike1 is the original one others are counterfeit.
deactivate ur moniker guy, na u dey cause all this strike
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 12, 2018
EternalTruth:
deactivate ur moniker guy, na u dey cause all this strike
Not at all. Don't we have strange names like LuciferYahweh?. Check when this moniker was registered
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by tripplephi: 1:00am On Nov 13, 2018
lol... you idolize church o. but pls do not be biased.... everyone will make heaven by God's grace. Living faith is filled with people who have faith in what the "GOD OF OYEDEPO" can do and not in GOD DIRECTLY.

Its sad. but That is what christianity in Nigeria has fallen to. MEANWHILE those who served God in the early days didn't care if they got miracle jobs or marriages or stuff... they just wanted God.

InansBobo:
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by InansBobo(m): 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Are you seriously comparing the Catholic church with Living faith church? Are you fucking kidding me? The Catholic church in Anambra,Enugu and imo state alone is more than the entire living faith church.

There is no basis for comparison of both churches in terms of wealth, population, history or infrastructure.

The Catholic church in the US state of California alone is Richer than Nigeria

BTW St Peter's basilica is the largest Church in the world with 15,160 sq metre
pls argue with facts pls..
I don't even like church comparison since they're all one as my pastor taught but I just got tempted to come and say something. I know LFC is not up to RMC in terms of general wealth but ur figures are wrong and not the fact, just exaggeration
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ilamina(f): 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
The largest Church in the world is in Nigeria, winners chapel
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ilamina(f): 1:21am On Nov 14, 2018
Is it part of the culture to be unfriendly
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:27am On Nov 14, 2018
InansBobo:
pls argue with facts pls..
I don't even like church comparison since they're all one as my pastor taught but I just got tempted to come and say something. I know LFC is not up to RMC in terms of general wealth but ur figures are wrong and not the fact, just exaggeration
What figures exactly are wrong? LFC is not even anywhere close to the Catholic church in terms of wealth if that is what you mean.One single Roman Catholic diocese in Germany, the diocese of Cologne(Note I didn't say the entire church in Germany) is Richer than the entire LFC and RCCG put together

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Skin Color Of Adam And Eve. And What Is The God's Complexion ? / My Encounter With A Ghost This Morning / The Mistakes Of Constantine That Birthed The Trinity Doctrine, Paganism With Chr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.