Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,566 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:33 PM

Why Aren't Catholics Friendly - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Aren't Catholics Friendly (2179 Views)

Why Aren't There Many Virgins? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:31am On Nov 14, 2018
Ilamina:
Is it part of the culture to be unfriendly
Part of which culture?
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:32am On Nov 14, 2018
Ilamina:
The largest Church in the world is in Nigeria, winners chapel
Why don't you use Google and see what you come up with
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by InansBobo(m): 6:28am On Nov 14, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

What figures exactly are wrong? LFC is not even anywhere close to the Catholic church in terms of wealth if that is what you mean.One single Roman Catholic diocese in Germany, the diocese of Cologne(Note I didn't say the entire church in Germany) is Richer than the entire LFC and RCCG put together
for d sake of not arguing church comparison, I won't go answer further.
Thank you
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ilamina(f): 6:56am On Nov 14, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Part of which culture?

Catholic Church
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2018
InansBobo:
Thank you
Facts are sacred. There is no basis for the comparison of any Nigerian Church with the Catholic church except maybe in spirituality but never in terms of money,history, population

2 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by UbiPetrus: 11:13pm On Nov 14, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Facts are sacred. There is no basis for the comparison of any Nigerian Church with the Catholic church except maybe in spirituality but never in terms of money,history, population
Fact, Nwanne.
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ubenedictus(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
Ilamina:

They don't even welcome new members like other churches

Other churches welcome new members, they always have time to welcome new members every Sunday

Everyone is just so stuck up
did you meet the "mass" at the beginning?

if you did then the first two sentence you will hear is this.

"in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit"
the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the communion of the holy spirit be with you.
or
the Lord be with you.
or
peace be with you.

if you know any welcome address that is better than that please tell me, became it doesn't just speak welcome, it speaks grace unto your life.

that is how people are welcomed in the Catholic church.

what you may not find is biscuit and drink for new members and "you are welcome in the name of the Lord" song. but if you listened from the beginning you will realize you have already been welcomed into the church.

if you are talking about the next guy close to you been unfriendly the you have to realise that Catholic churches usually have large population, one guy usually doesn't know the next guy. my parish has over 1000 people, I don't personally know most people, on Sunday I know the guy next to me shares my Faith, is out to get a new unique experience with God, and we may joke a bit after mass but I generally don't know him. the church is big and most people would not talk to people they usually don't know.

the chance to really meet people is in fellowships, Bible studies and pious societies.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ubenedictus(m): 9:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
Ilamina:

They didn't announce that It's my friend that told me not too go up
wow, sometimes that happens...
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ubenedictus(m): 9:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
InansBobo:
Is there any Catholic Church in Nigeria that has more population than Faith tabernacle, RCCG HQ, Dunamis HQ?

If you don't have sense to speak, why not keep shut up
do you know where the head quarters of the Catholic church is? its a whole city state, with its own sovereignty

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ubenedictus(m): 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
Mizwisdom:

I attended one of their masses but did not get welcomed. Everybody was minding his or her business, i didn't understand the lack of communication with new faces it's like they only communicate with people they know are active members.

"in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy
spirit"
the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the
communion of the holy spirit be with you.
or
the Lord be with you.
or
peace be with you.
if you know any welcome address that is better than that
please tell me, became it doesn't just speak welcome, it speaks
grace unto your life.
what you may not find is biscuit and drink for new members
and "you are welcome in the name of the Lord" song. but if you
listened from the beginning you will realize you have already
been welcomed into the church.
if you are talking about the next guy close to you been
unfriendly the you have to realise that Catholic churches
usually have large population, one guy usually doesn't know
the next guy. my parish has over 1000 people, I don't
personally know most people, on Sunday I know the guy next to
me shares my Faith, is out to get a new unique experience with
God, and we may joke a bit after mass but I generally don't
know him. the church is big and most people would not talk to
people they usually don't know.
the chance to really meet people is in fellowships, Bible
studies and pious societies.
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by InansBobo(m): 8:34am On Nov 17, 2018
Ubenedictus:
do you know where the head quarters of the Catholic church is? its a whole city state, with its own sovereignty
sorry I was talking from Nigeria context
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ilamina(f): 9:31am On Nov 17, 2018
Ubenedictus:

"in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit"
the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the communion of the holy spirit be with you.
or
the Lord be with you.
or
peace be with you.

if you know any welcome address that is better than that please tell me, became it doesn't just speak welcome, it speaks grace unto your life.

what you may not find is biscuit and drink for new members and "you are welcome in the name of the Lord" song. but if you listened from the beginning you will realize you have already been welcomed into the church.

if you are talking about the next guy close to you been unfriendly the you have to realise that Catholic churches usually have large population, one guy usually doesn't know the next guy. my parish has over 1000 people, I don't personally know most people, on Sunday I know the guy next to me shares my Faith, is out to get a new unique experience with God, and we may joke a bit after mass but I generally don't know him. the church is big and most people would not talk to people they usually don't know.

the chance to really meet people is in fellowships, Bible studies and pious societies.

I came, 12 minutes late
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ubenedictus(m): 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2018
InansBobo:
sorry I was talking from Nigeria context
the headquarters of the Catholic church is not in Nigeria, what we have here are local churches aka dioceses, and these churches are still more populated than any other church.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by UbiPetrus: 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ubenedictus:
the headquarters of the Catholic church is not in Nigeria, what we have here are local churches aka dioceses, and these churches are still more populated than any other church.
Fact.
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Ubenedictus(m): 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ilamina:

I came, 12 minutes late
that must be the reason, the introductory aspect of the mass happens usually at the beginning... there are few parishes where the priest thanks everyone at the end but those are the exception not the rule.
Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Kamxin(m): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2018
InansBobo:
Thank you

Smart guy, he that fight and run today will live to fight another day.

But before you come back with a smarter package, let me remind you that the worth of Sistine chapel alone would build all the LFC branches and RCCG branches put together and you still have change in hundreds of billion, I mean dollars not naira. And you cannot compare catholic church with any organization on earth in terms of any statistics. But compare it to country like China or Germany not Nigeria or SA

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by Geist(m): 8:52am On Nov 20, 2018
Ilamina:

They don't even welcome new members like other churches

Other churches welcome new members, they always have time to welcome new members every Sunday

Everyone is just so stuck up
In addition to what unibenedictus has said. I know most catholic church generally pick one Sunday of the month (between 1st to 4th Sunday) to welcome new or visiting members. This is usually done at the end of the mass though just before the final blessing and I have had to opportunity of been a member of three different catholic parishes at different stages of my life and I have been welcomed by all. They usually use that approach to integrate members who have come to join into the different societies in the church. It's definitely not done everyday or every Sunday but Monthly as it's not an integral part of the mass and you will have to stay till the very end to see it

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Catholics Friendly by topboss: 9:55pm On Dec 07, 2018
JoanOluchi:

Be sure of what you post on Nairaland.. My Parish welcomes new members every last Sunday of the month..

I'm in Port Harcourt tho.

Girl just accidentally clicked on your profile.

U dey make sense, ma no lie.

Are u from Port Harcourt or just live in Port Harcourt?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Sentence, We/i Bless God. Correct? / Beware NOT Everyone Posting Here Are Human Beings / Vision Of Violent Wind/storm Destruction Coming To Lagos, Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.