Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK (13351 Views)

Senate Condemns South-East Sit-At-Home, Asks FG To Extradite Simon Ekpa / Malami Asks US To Extradite Azuka Jebose For Defaming Ned Nwoko / Ex-Army Chief, Buratai Lobbies Beninese Government To Extradite Sunday Igboho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by dingbang(m): 6:13am On Nov 12, 2018
They should leave her biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by Agugbadin: 6:18am On Nov 12, 2018
All the recovered looted funds what did this government do with, we all believed that it has been relooted. We not excited about Deziani's extraordion because whatever fund this government recovers from her will definitely be relooted
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by juniorstar(m): 6:23am On Nov 12, 2018
Dont let her come back abeg..if she enters naija everything wud scatter and she would be free
The c!se wud be squashed and she could even start suing the fed govt
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by juniorstar(m): 6:24am On Nov 12, 2018
Guess she was just a pawn in the grand game of corruption
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by kingthreat(m): 6:29am On Nov 12, 2018
Imagine the number of things that will be swept under the rug if pdp is to take over again.
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by kingthreat(m): 6:29am On Nov 12, 2018
dingbang:
They should leave her biko.

In the same way murderers should not be prosecuted too
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by emmie14: 6:29am On Nov 12, 2018
Okoyeebo:

Are you saying they should not prosecute her because elections are around the corner? What is always wrong with you guys?

That's how that drunkard from Otueke was using Iwuayanwu the thief to campaign. He even went ahead to release Al Mustapha.
This is all you can say and think? Did you think before talking?
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by Sleekfingers: 6:29am On Nov 12, 2018
Efcc should stop blabbing....they should bring her butt home....
I hope they have gather enough evidence....because I don't believe in our system
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by Okoyeebo: 6:33am On Nov 12, 2018
emmie14:

This is all you can say and think? Did you think before talking?

Ask me again.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by YorubaAssasin: 6:34am On Nov 12, 2018
Great move... Foolish B!tch! angry
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by e7ejinima: 6:41am On Nov 12, 2018
post=72888998:
It's long overdue .

That will be the best news of the decade.

Madam frog eyes stole money that can pay the salaries of 10 states in Nigeria for 5 years comfortably!

Send her back now.

Confirm rogue!

And you think this will cover for BH threatening Maiduguri within only 3km to govt house?

Widen up

All the gra gra has got us nothing. But air heads like you get excited. Soon she will be back and be granted bail like Fayose and the rest will be in the coolers

I greet you tho, Mr grill master

1 Like

Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:43am On Nov 12, 2018
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by otokx(m): 6:46am On Nov 12, 2018
thesicilian:
When she was here in Nigeria EFCC could not do anything, it's now they want to waste taxpayers money to extradite her. At the end they'll still lose the case in court with their 'charge and bail' lawyers!

sad truth

1 Like

Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by sukerefakere(m): 6:48am On Nov 12, 2018
great664:
How much have they earmark for the said extradition?

She was her in Nigeria and EFCc couldn't touch her...

And why not extradite her codedly without telling the whole world your plans first?

Shame on Nigeria mostly the APC led FG and all its parts.
just 8 billion naira, efcc will hire a lawyer at 12 billion naira..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by RevenGeMission: 7:13am On Nov 12, 2018
You are saying EFCC should have hijacked her from british authorities while she was being investigated ?
frankwyte:
So it when you are rounding up your tenure you want to beging?? APC and EFCC what do you guys take Nigerians for?? I am ashamed to associate with your likes in this country!
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by MrRush(m): 7:55am On Nov 12, 2018
thesicilian:
When she was here in Nigeria EFCC could not do anything, it's now they want to waste taxpayers money to extradite her. At the end they'll still lose the case in court with their 'charge and bail' lawyers!
she left Nigeria few days after the election in 2015 and never returned ever since.
The most funniest thing is not this comment but the 13 people that liked it, stupidity runs in their blood smiley

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by deomelo: 8:04am On Nov 12, 2018
shikshark:
so they now open their books since abi? or is it because election is overhead

Typical ipob mentality.

So, the government should just stop working because election is coming?..
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 12, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) says the process for the extradition of Deziani Alison-Madueke, former minister of petroleum, from the UK has begun.

Tony Orilade, acting spokesman of the commission, disclosed this in an interview with NAN on Sunday in Abuja.

Orilade said the EFCC’s operations department has made a presentation to the legal department to commence the process, and that it has commenced.

He, however, said the action had to be processed through the office of the attorney-general of the federation, explaining that it was not something the commission would commence and conclude on its own.

“It is ongoing. Within the next few weeks, the extent to which we have gone will be made known to the public,” the spokesman said.

“It is not a fresh case; it is not a fresh petition that is just being looked into; the whole process is a total package.

“This extradition is just an aspect of Deziani’s investigation and commencement of trial.”

In 2017, a federal high court in Lagos ordered the final forfeiture of N7.6 billion alleged that loot recovered from the former minister to the federal government.

Justice Abdulazeez Anka granted an application by the EFCC seeking the final forfeiture of the money to the government.

Granting the application, the judge had said: “I have read the motion on notice seeking the final forfeiture of the sum of N7.6 billion reasonably suspected to be proceeds of unlawful activity.

“I have also gone through the affidavit in support of the application.

“In the circumstances, I am of the view that the application has merit and is hereby granted as prayed. Parties have a right of appeal.”

In October 2017, Abubakar Malami, minister of justice and attorney-general of the federation, said Nigeria had no immediate plan to bring Allison-Madueke back home to face trial.

Allison-Madueke, who is being investigated in the UK, had urged the federal government to bring her back to the country to face corruption charges against her.

https://www.thecable.ng/efcc-begins-process-to-extradite-diezani-from-uk/

Fake election gimmicks.
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 12, 2018
If they finish extracting her what wii now happen she will face trial and they wii start adjourning the case till it reach ten years that is Nigeria for you
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by friendlyadvice: 8:27am On Nov 12, 2018
AfriSurvey:
Interesting times lies ahead
Gbagaun
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by maasoap(m): 8:35am On Nov 12, 2018
great664:
How much have they earmark for the said extradition?

She was her in Nigeria and EFCc couldn't touch her...

And why not extradite her codedly without telling the whole world your plans first?

Shame on Nigeria mostly the APC led FG and all its parts.

For trying to bring her back to Nigeria? Okay now. She was in Nigeria under Jonathan when she was untouchable.
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by Bizibi(m): 8:38am On Nov 12, 2018
Story!!!!
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by slickbak(m): 8:49am On Nov 12, 2018
Jang was confined this year but still ended up at PDP conversation. The earlier Diezani comes, the better chances she will be out to vote.
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by mknigeriagreat: 8:58am On Nov 12, 2018
kingthreat:

In the same way murderers should not be prosecuted too

I feel the timing is not friendly. You know how we behave in this country. If we don't tilt tot the religion side, we will go tribal or go political. When you bring this lady now and her people start making one noise of leave our daughter alone you know the effects and efficacy of that act. I wouldn't want to say it here. Since UK don nail her down there, leave her there for now. Timing looks wrong for me. Not in support of her devilish and heartless behaviors in looting the country dry.
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by Rexnegro(m): 8:58am On Nov 12, 2018
Okoyeebo:

Are you saying they should not prosecute her because elections are around the corner? What is always wrong with you guys?

That's how that drunkard from Otueke was using Iwuayanwu the thief to campaign. He even went ahead to release Al Mustapha.
u read some comments here you then ask yourself if the commentator is by default naturally stupid...? if because of election politicians will be doing the right thing, then how I wish everyday is election then .
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by badesco(m): 9:10am On Nov 12, 2018
To me, it is an exercise in futility and will end up as waste of scarce resources. Supposing if Diezani is a British citizen? So you the britico will allow Nigeria to extradite her? No.....And do you think, British will allow to repartriate that large sum of money from their country? Big No.....may be we have forgotten Umaru Dikkos case.
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by Originalsly: 9:19am On Nov 12, 2018
Ecstasy154:

Allison-Madueke, who is being investigated in the UK, had urged the federal government to bring her back to the country to face corruption charges against her.

Who is calling the shots?...she or the EFCC? How can bringing her back ever be a good move when it is clear she is in control? She knows she will definitely be imprisoned in the UK....cancer or no cancer...that she cannot bend, beat nor cheat the system...and they will be harsh on her. Whoever is behind the move to have her extradited need to be investigated. Let her remain in the UK...be charged and face trial there.
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by Originalsly: 9:20am On Nov 12, 2018
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by gaskiyamagana: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2018
pejuakinab:
Where is the process to extradite Kemi Adeosun for forgery and illegally collecting salaries from both the State & National pot for many years.
Adeleke of Osun is being arraigned for similar case.
Buhari u are not truthful to yourself.
Nepotism and bigotry + witch-hunting has characterized this APC.
Reason I see them as fake.
We need a changer.
Pppppppppp...... Ddddddddd ...... Ppppppppp!!!!!
CoooooRooooooPTIOooooooooon.
Sai baba
Sai Buhari till 2023.
Re: EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 12, 2018
thesicilian:
She left immediately Jonathan lost 2015 election

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tony Nwulu: I Will Advertize Commissioner Positions When I Become Governor. / I Plan To Be Best Deputy Governor In Lagos State — Hamzat / Edo APC Say They Will Not Attend ’Emergency’ Meeting With Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.