Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment (8059 Views)

Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning / President Buhari Commissions Baro Inland Water Port (Pics) / 8 Years After, Buhari Completes N2.5 Bn Baro River Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by FriendNG: 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
The Managing Director, National Inland Waterways Authority, Dr Adeleke Mamora, has called on the contractors handling the installation of Cargo handling equipment at the Baro River Port to immediately move to site to commence work before the end of the year.

A NIWA statement on Tuesday quoted the Managing Director of saying this when he visited the Baro River Port to inspect facilities at the site.
Mamora assured the contractor that the NIWA would reconstruct the bad portion of the road leading to the Baro River Port in two weeks’ time for easy movement of equipment and personnel to the port.

Mamora equally ordered the contractor that handled the building project to come back and repair the administrative block, the water treatment plant, the generator house and security post saying that the work was not satisfactory.

The representative of First Index Project and Service Limited, the company handling the installation of the cargo handling equipment, Mr Opeyemi Olabanji, said the recent flood and the bad road leading to Baro was what delayed the installation of the cargo handling equipment at the port. He assured the MD of the readiness of the company once the road is repaired.

https://punchng.com/baro-river-port-niwa-orders-contractors-back-to-work/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by momodub: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ok ill be back to comment
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by ducramsey99(m): 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ok
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by FriendNG: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
1. Baro Port is the first Northern Nigeria River Port.

2. The contract was initially awarded by Yaradua in 2009.

3. After his death Goodluck Jonathan cancelled it and divert the sum of 19Bilion to Niger Delta Ministry for land reclamation.

4. This new administration re-awarded the contract 3 years ago in the sum of less than 3 billion and it was completed August 2018.

5. It will officially be inaugurated by the end of this year after the road linking the port have been repaired.

6. Cargoes meant for Northern Nigeria will henforth be cleared at Baro Niger state instead of Lagos.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by philips007(m): 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ok
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by Mutemenot(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2018
Election time cheesy APC Is not different from PDP.
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by BubuZombi: 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2018
The Completer of Abandoned Projects,

If Only Nigeria will have leaders like Buhari after 2023, I believe the country will be better.

God Bless You Mr President

God Bless APC

God Bless Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by Blue3k(m): 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
Wow if this port is ready before onitsha. Nairaland will go ballistic.

4 Likes

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by marvin905(m): 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
abeg you guy's should stop wasting money to open port's..
when we all know politics will kill the Port just like the rest..
the only Port I know Nigeria has is Lagos the rest are dead...
I can count the number of vessels that docked in warri Port this year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by OzziOhinoyi(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2018
OK.
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by smyo(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ndi ara, because election don dey reach, una wan use am campaign ni, God no go forgive you people

4 Likes

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by FriendNG: 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
Mutemenot:
Election time cheesy APC Is not different from PDP.

So the port construction started yesterday evening?

6 Likes

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by docadams: 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
marvin905:
abeg you guy's should stop wasting money to open port's..
when we all know politics will kill the Port just like the rest..
the only Port I know Nigeria has is Lagos the rest are dead...
I can count the number of vessels that docked in warri Port this year

Why is Warri not fully functional?

1 Like

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by docadams: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2018
I am surprised nobody has raised the issue of Onitsha port?
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by citizenY(m): 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2018
Blue3k:
Wow if this port is ready before onitsha. Nairaland will go ballistic.

It cannot be defended.Onitsha before Baro..
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by arabbunkum: 8:04pm On Nov 11, 2018
Election time, Deceit galore!
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by FriendNG: 8:04pm On Nov 11, 2018
docadams:
I am surprised nobody has raised the issue of Onitsha port?

Onitsha has been concessioned about last 2 months but there is issue that arise on the concession which delays it take up. According to report 60% percent of the cargoes will head to that area when it start functioning. The remaining 40% cargoes will be shared between Northern ports (Baro and Lokoja) and Lagos port.

1 Like

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by Sagay212: 8:07pm On Nov 11, 2018
baro port? WTF do they need a port for. Instead of focusing on having ports in the SS or SE. Wetin abok.is dey import?
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by mekaboy(m): 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hmmm. Import and export of terrorism.
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by latsy: 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2018
FriendNG:

3. After his death Goodluck Jonathan cancelled it and divert the sum of 19Bilion to Niger Delta Ministry for land reclamation.

4. This new administration re-awarded the contract 3 years ago in the sum of less than 3 billion and it was completed August 2018.

5. It will officially be inaugurated by the end of this year after the road linking the port have been repaired.

6. Cargoes meant for Northern Nigeria will henforth be cleared at Baro Niger state instead of Lagos.
Fake news.

2 Likes

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by observanc1: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2018
FriendNG:

be there and be deceiving yourself
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by marvin905(m): 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
docadams:

politics
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by observanc1: 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
docadams:

not only warri. Port harcourt and calabar as well
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by docadams: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2018
FriendNG:

Onitsha has been concessioned about last 2 months but there is issue that arise on the concession which delays it take up. According to report 60% percent of the cargoes will head to that area when it start functioning. The remaining 40% cargoes will be shared between Northern ports (Baro and Lokoja) and Lagos port.

Thanks for the update but I am still surprised at the silence from the Easterners in the face of upbeat in activities in other inland ports. Usually they would have been crying to the UN about marginalization. I remember it was enmeshed in a court case over who has the right to run it. Has the case been resolved?
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by tiredoflife(m): 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2018
FriendNG:

So if they plan to bring in weapons to finish the south
All they need to do is take it straight to this port
And the south won't know about it

Smh
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by messenger4891: 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2018
The more you look the less you see...
Hmmmm! Another nothern port for activities that will serve their unholy interest.
Abeg another news.
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by FriendNG: 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2018
docadams:

Thanks for the update but I am still surprised at the silence from the Easterners in the face of upbeat in activities in other inland ports. Usually they would have been crying to the UN about marginalization. I remember it was enmeshed in a court case over who has the right to run it. Has the case been resolved?

They dont want it to come into functin so that they can continue to wail. I dont think the issue has been resolved.

Below is the picture of the completed Onitsha port.

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by docadams: 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
observanc1:
not only warri. Port harcourt and calabar as well

I know. Warri Port is just behind my house. There was some activities in the Port area sometime ago meant to sensitise the communities to be fully cooperative when operations resume fully. It was also disclosed that the Warri river will be dredged. My major concern is, however, whether the issue of wrong designation of these ND ports by INTELS has be addressed.

1 Like

Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by Ttipsy(f): 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2018
nice
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by docadams: 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
FriendNG:

They dont want it to come into functin so that they can continue to wail. I dont think the issue has been resolved.

Below is the picture of the completed Onitsha port.

I fear for the future of that port because the Easterners with vested interest in land transportation may sabotage its operations even if it sees the light of day.
Re: Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment by FriendNG: 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2018
docadams:

I fear for the future of that port because the Easterners with vested interest in land transportation may sabotage its operations even if it sees the light of day.

Highest is just to send operation python dance around the area and everything is solved. Then ban transportation of cargoes via the road using customs. Matter is settled.

Warri port channel dredging to be completed in 2 months — NPA
https://www.nairaland.com/4833780/warri-port-channel-dredging-completed#72783745

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. / Map Of The Mission Objective Of Eastern Security Network (ESN) / ISWAP Terrorists Abduct 15 Passengers, Including Aid Workers In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.