Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths (25918 Views)

Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange / PROTECT YOURSELF! 90% Of Online Business In Nigeria Is Scam / How I Make 10k-30k On Betting On This Football Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:26am On Nov 14, 2018
COOL10:
. Bros,that '12 & ov 1.5' Na risky strategy oo. You get mind.
. Its not ask risky as straight win, this the third 12 & 1.5 ,sad i stake small amount yesterday, all my straight win haven't won but won 4 times in july with option 1 or 2.5, x or 2.5 and 2 or 2.5 .... And have won thrice with 12 and 15..that's just an example

Re: The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:27am On Nov 14, 2018
That was yesterday game anyway
Re: The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 14, 2018
We buy and sell BitCoin, WebMoney and Perfect money at a reasonable amount. withdrawal from upwork and fiverr account also available. Our service is fast secure and 100% legit Contact us today for maximum satisfaction check my signature for contact details.

Re: The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths by COOL10(m): 10:09am On Nov 14, 2018
b0rn2fuck:
. Its not ask risky as straight win, this the third 12 & 1.5 ,sad i stake small amount yesterday, all my straight win haven't won but won 4 times in july with option 1 or 2.5, x or 2.5 and 2 or 2.5 .... And have won thrice with 12 and 15..that's just an example

But you can't use it for teams like Newcastle or Brighton cos they're either gonna play under 2.5 or draw,thereby cutting the ticket.
Re: The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths by 1EmmyKay: 11:07am On Nov 14, 2018
Dont let betting ruin your life.. Gamble with sense and systematic betting I samsh live in plays and sure odds too what sap me@09022907925
Re: The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths by kingcomet(m): 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2018
gaskiyamagana:

What or which problem gambling has solved in yours and that of your colleagues in gambling?
it gives me hope every weekend. and not exaggerating, i do win. mind you i don't stake what i cant afford to lose. that is the difference between me and other gamblers
Re: The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths by ArcToyin(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2019
gisthabit:
The rate at which the Nigerian youth are embracing betting as a source of income and the number of bet companies and shops that open in all corners of our streets is quite alarming.

I am afraid that if something urgent is not done to curb the unwanted development then in no time we will have virtually all the young people walking around with white long betting tickets.

I am fully aware that even the old are involved in this but I am more disturbed when I see the youths engage in this act because the youth are supposed to be positioning themselves to take over the economy and leadership of this country.

But instead, they are less concerned with the happenings in the country and are most times after an easy way of making money

Due to the high level of unemployment, a majority of the unemployed even the employed has resorted to betting of all kinds just to make ends meet.

In as much as it comes with a promising and tempting return it also has its own negative impact on the person involved and with time it will have a ripple effect on society.

The Effects of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths

#1 Debt and Financial Embarrassment

Majority of the people who engage in betting are mostly a form of debt or another. They go to the extent of borrowing or even using monies that were entrusted to them to place a bet with the hope of winning and then paying them back after they must have made some profit.

I know someone who used the huge loan he collected for a project to place a bet with the hope of winning but unfortunately the whole funds went down the drain.

#2 Frustration, Anger and Suicidal

When you come in contact with those who have lost a bet it is always red with frustration and laced with intense anger. Over time these may degenerate to depression and if care is not take the person may consider suicide as an option.

#3 Laziness and Poverty

Generally, once you start engaging yourself in betting your mentality and attitude towards hard work will drop drastically.

This is because you will begin to feel that you can make a lot of money just with little effort.

You begin to believe that someday you will become a millionaire by just a single winning. This will ultimately lead you into perpetual poverty.

#4 Conflicts in Relationships and Lack of Vision

Definitely, I don’t think any person would want to associate with someone that is obsessed with betting.

It destroys one's relationship with friends, and even family as the person will mostly isolate himself from other people especially when they are being rebuked.

The person will lack vision, and can barely focus or concentrate on work or anything.

Finally the earlier we realize the damage betting is doing on us as a Nation the better because it may get to a time that the effects would have become so bad that a fix might be nearly impossible.

SAY NO TO BETTING TODAY.

Source: http://gisthabit.com/the-effects-of-online-betting-on-nigerian-youths/

Your 5 points really hit the nail on the head.
Re: The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths by stormtrooper: 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
Betting is not bad, I know people who escaped poverty thanks to betting. Let the young people try, maybe some of them are lucky enough to make a fortune.
Re: The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths by Goors1n: 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
Let the youth choose for themselves. Yhey must be masters of their lives. If betting wasn't successful for you it doesn't mean that the same will be for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians / Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion / Save And Grow Rich: 6 Simple And Practical Ways To Save Money And Grow Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.