Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United (26529 Views)

EPL: Guardiola Singles Out One Man City Player After Victory Over Liverpool / EPL: Guardiola Names Title Rivals That Is Best Team In The World / EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why He Shouted At Sterling During Man City’s 3-1 Win Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 12, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
local Losers
I'm a Chelsea and Madrid fan
So you were saying?
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Wizdray: 7:19am On Nov 12, 2018
lilmax:
I watched the match live this morning around 5am

the fact is, pogba fcked up by not scoring that shot he took at the 65th minute

but anyways, man city won by luck with those 2goals they had.....2-1 really ain't bad to close the game
Seriously?? Pogba played?
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Timil: 7:19am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

If you follow United transfers very well, you will see that the board is ready to buy big players that will sell shirts not just any player that won't bring profits to them. The board signed Sanchez not Mourinho. Mourinho was ready to sell miki but not to buy Alexis. And it was a swap, no money involved.. Na Sanchez dey collect money pass
I tell you Man United boards are ready to sign big name stars but Mourinho only wants to sign shiitty players.
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Justseyii: 7:20am On Nov 12, 2018
Good football
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by chybykee(m): 7:20am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:
Man utd lacked quality. Man utd didn't buy players required by the coach rather he was sticked to developing those he has compared to city which won't develop most but buy another. When you look at juve and city, you will know man utd have a long way to go. In juve, each position have at least 2 players for a spot.. Look at man u, no right wing, no right back very bad. Man u conceded 28 goals in a whole season last year, now they have conceded 21 goals in about 11 to 12 games, now see the reason the coach was after centre back? man u were 19 points behind city and what did the board buy? A young rb, a center mid and a keeper.. Smh

I won't still blame United misfortune on Mourinho, rather the board because he was screaming defenders during pre season but didn't get him one... The board said defenders United have currently is beta than his targets.. Like smalling is beta than Alderweireld...kai. Man u have a long way way way to go.. A team without sport director is failure in disguise.. They don't need to cheat like man city tho but that team a lot of investments

The best form of Defence is attack.
Why defend when you can attack??
Have you noticed that each time Machester United attacks, though they aren’t classical with their play, they tend to mount pressure on the opposing defense.
Man U strikers never cross the half way line only or rare conditions. They just walk around. The midfielders prefer back passes over attacking.
How do you expect to win a match playing that way??
How strong do you think City defenders are?? There’s no pressure so they are very comfortable.

3 Likes

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 12, 2018
lilmax:

but anyways, man city won by luck with those 2goals they had.....2-1 really ain't bad to close the game

Please wake from your dream. You watched no match because none of that happened.

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vosquare: 7:22am On Nov 12, 2018
Timil:
I tell you Man United boards are ready to sign big name stars but Mourinho only wants to sign shiitty players.
Do man utd need big name players? Hell no.. Baily is not a big name, with good form he's the best United have.. The board is all about business not quality football. Mourinho don't need to sign big big players to succeed in a team
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by killuminati(m): 7:22am On Nov 12, 2018
amilak:
FTC grin grin grin Mehn am short of text.
I dedicate this to every Nigerian holding it down, amidst all the hardship still pulling through all kinds of legit hustles. From the regular 7 to 5s, to the street hustlers. Shout out to the everyone staying true to their grind and hoping for a breakthrough... Last last our hustle go soon pure...
you no give s/o to we, the true street hustlers. Drug dealers, thug niggers, and gangsters..
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by blakid(m): 7:22am On Nov 12, 2018
Timil:
When was the last time he won a UCL?
I no gt time to argue this morning abeg.
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Timil: 7:23am On Nov 12, 2018
blakid:
I no gt time to argue this morning abeg.
Because say una no get point

1 Like

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by chybykee(m): 7:24am On Nov 12, 2018
lilmax:

SAY NO TO DRUGS

1 Like

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:26am On Nov 12, 2018
Mancity is just too good. Meanwhile for those on active sub on access and family package,check my last topic to get compact sports
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vosquare: 7:27am On Nov 12, 2018
chybykee:

The best form of Defence is attack.
Why defend when you can attack??
Have you noticed that each time Machester United attacks, though they aren’t classical with their play, they tend to mount pressure on the opposing defense.
Man U strikers never cross the half way line only or rare conditions. They just walk around. The midfielders prefer back passes over attacking.
How do you expect to win a match playing that way??
How strong do you think City defenders are?? There’s no pressure so they are very comfortable.

We don't have quality defenders to depend on when we attack.. That's the bottom line... Teams that attack have defenders they can depend on... Look at juve. U read what Mourinho said after the 1-0 loss? He made mention of chilleni and bonnuci to give him private lessons on how to defend... He said Juve can play anyhow attacking with the confidence of 2 good defenders at the back

Smalling can't even pass.. Lindelof is just getting his form.. Lindelof would have developed faster with an experienced defender.. Look at Liverpool, compare their matches with vvd and without vvd

Or don't you know how much pep spent on defence? U can't attack when your defense is not stable

1 Like

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by obonujoker(m): 7:29am On Nov 12, 2018
Timil:
Man City defeated Man Utd simply because Mourinho has lost his managerial flair his time is long gone his tactics are outdated he cant get the best out of his players.

Dude keeps screaming defenders after signing two cb's in two years without signing any quality LB & RB yet some idiotic fans still believe the board is the problem when its very clear to anyone that Mourinho is garbage.

They way some idiotic united fans keep advocating for Mourinho makes me believe that 60% of united fans love Mourinho more than united.

Same way they loved ronaldo than united but in end dude rubbed it in on their face that they are nothing.

Instead of chasing man utd, Mourinho and Ronaldo the world over, why not care about your team that conceded 4 goals at their turf?? Nuff said!!
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:
Man utd lacked quality. Man utd didn't buy players required by the coach rather he was sticked to developing those he has compared to city which won't develop most but buy another. When you look at juve and city, you will know man utd have a long way to go. In juve, each position have at least 2 players for a spot.. Look at man u, no right wing, no right back very bad. Man u conceded 28 goals in a whole season last year, now they have conceded 21 goals in about 11 to 12 games, now see the reason the coach was after centre back? man u were 19 points behind city and what did the board buy? A young rb, a center mid and a keeper.. Smh

I won't still blame United misfortune on Mourinho, rather the board because he was screaming defenders during pre season but didn't get him one... The board said defenders United have currently is beta than his targets.. Like smalling is beta than Alderweireld...kai. Man u have a long way way way to go.. A team without sport director is failure in disguise.. They don't need to cheat like man city tho but that team a lot of investments

The board believes Mou is wasteful. In 2 years, Mou has spent €80 on CBs and he has deemed both player not quality enough to be in his team. He wants another center back while we are seriously incapacitated in the right flank and the center forward position(Lukaku lacks quality, Mou has not been able to bring the best out of Rashford). To add salt to Injury, Mou sanctioned the purchase of an inconsequencial Sanchez (Sanchez plays from the left wing, we already have Rashford and Martial playing the same postion, he even made Sanchez the highest paid player in the team). What happened to buying one or two players for the right flanks(RB & RWF). We had an excellent Periera, but Mou decided to spend heavily on Fred.

You need to bare in mind that the owners of Man Utd are Americans, they are business minded. You don't go around spending without giving them dividends. On the other hand, Man City is owned by Sugar Daddies who didn't buy the club for business but for pride.

The major diff between Mou & PEP is, PEP knows what he want, scout the player well to know if he'll fit in well into his tactics before buying...that's his transfers(players) hardly fail to play up to expectation. Another difference is, PEP. Doesn't hang his players in the open to dry when they flop/make mistakes, it tells on a players confidence.

4 Likes

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Timil: 7:30am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

Do man utd need big name players? Hell no.. Baily is not a big name, with good form he's the best United have.. The board is all about business not quality football. Mourinho don't need to sign big big players to succeed in a team
We don't need big names neither do we need average players like Perisic, Ante Rebic, Yerry Mina, Savic nor a 30yr old injury prone Boateng.

How has Bailly fared after his first season, the coach who signed him has lost interest in him due to the fact that he can't get the best out of him.

Mourinho doesn't need big name players but I wonder why he hasn't gotten the best out of his players and still wants to sign more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by obonujoker(m): 7:32am On Nov 12, 2018
Timil:
When was the last time he won a UCL?

Just leave those Barca fans to keep wallowing in their delusions??
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 12, 2018
blakid:
Best Coach in the world currently.
how?
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Timil: 7:41am On Nov 12, 2018
obonujoker:

Instead of chasing man utd, Mourinho and Ronaldo the world over, why not care about your team that conceded 4 goals at their turf?? Nuff said!!
Sorry i've been a united fan for almost two decades but the thing is i'm not an idiotic united fan.

1 Like

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by bewla(m): 7:42am On Nov 12, 2018
amilak:
FTC grin grin grin Mehn am short of text.
I dedicate this to every Nigerian holding it down, amidst all the hardship still pulling through all kinds of legit hustles. From the regular 7 to 5s, to the street hustlers. Shout out to the everyone staying true to their grind and hoping for a breakthrough... Last last our hustle go soon pure...
wish I can celebrate like u but this man city useless no be bintin o

win United 4/1,4/2,4/3= them play 3/1 just imagine how I for they money now

mad men
what is the winning for
if u no get me money

bad city
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Benekruku(m): 7:43am On Nov 12, 2018
With a Kim Kardashian at Manchester United. You can't expect a win against a big team
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vosquare: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2018
Freiden:

The board believes Mou is wasteful. In 2 years, Mou has spent €80 on CBs and he has deemed both player not quality enough to be in his team. He wants another center back while we are seriously incapacitated in the right flank and the center forward position(Lukaku lacks quality, Mou has not been able to bring the best out of Rashford). To add salt to Injury, Mou sanctioned the purchase of an inconsequencial Sanchez (Sanchez plays from the left wing, we already have Rashford and Martial playing the same postion, he even made Sanchez the highest paid player in the team). What happened to buying one or two players for the right flanks(RB & RWF). We had an excellent Periera, but Mou decided to spend heavily on Fred.

You need to bare in mind that the owners of Man Utd are Americans, they are business minded. You don't go around spending without giving them dividends. On the other hand, Man City is owned by Sugar Daddies who didn't buy the club for business but for pride.

The major diff between Mou & PEP is, PEP knows what he want, scout the player well to know if he'll fit in well into his tactics before buying...that's his transfers(players) hardly fail to play up to expectation. Another difference is, PEP. Doesn't hang his players in the open to dry when they flop/make mistakes, it tells on a players confidence.

Because Mourinho bought 2 defenders means he can't buy another? Should I list players pep and Klopp bought and sold them? Mou bought 2,how many did pep buy? He bought 2 defenders doesn't mean he's enough with 2..since Bailly injury, he hasn't been in best form and you want him to be playing and Lindelof and smalling are forming good partnership at the back? And people will still say he doesn't have a first team.

Just forget about rashford.. The time rashford has played under Mourinho, no manager not even Ferguson has given that kind of time in epl and Mourinho is still to blame? Rashford loses easy chances and Mourinho still to blame? A player is not developing so when he do not play media will come for his head

Martial that people were criticising mou for is playing his best currently.. He covers more distance, he plays along side the lb and middle.. That's what he's been asking of him which he didn't do, is he not enjoying football now?.. Sanchez is just business not considerable target. Even if he signs Sanchez, it's still about fighting for position which at the same time fighting for the team.

I agree with pereira tho
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by obonujoker(m): 7:47am On Nov 12, 2018
Timil:
Sorry i've been a united fan for almost two decades but the thing is i'm not an idiotic united fan.

lol... ok... I tot you were a Barca fan... Well you are right with your analysis.... to me though, Mourinho isn't fit for Man UTD... Imagine so if no Pogba, we can't play??
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vosquare: 7:49am On Nov 12, 2018
Timil:

We don't need big names neither do we need average players like Perisic, Ante Rebic, Yerry Mina, Savic nor a 30yr old injury prone Boateng.

How has Bailly fared after his first season, the coach who signed him has lost interest in him due to the fact that he can't get the best out of him.

Mourinho doesn't need big name players but I wonder why he hasn't gotten the best out of his players and still wants to sign more.
Lol.. You call prerisic and boateng average? Boateng wasn't coming to clear defensive problems at once.. He was coming to bring stability and long passes.. And no United defender can do that.. Man u never went to mina or rebic

Mou have been longing for prerisic and with world Cup performance you will know prerisic is Mourinho type of player

Bailly will still play.. Bailly and Lindelof played all the preseason matches.. I guessed we now have 2 starting defenders but what happened after first 3 games of the season? Decided to play smalling and Lindelof and after 3 games how did they play? It's all about consistency not the coach only.. If you are not consistent enough, you will find it hard to make Mourinho team

1 Like

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by SirLakes: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2018
Abbeypp:
https://photo.9mobile.com.ng/lagosphoto/no-pain-no-gain-5

Hi,guys I'm Abiodun
I contested for the 9mobile photography competition recently and my photograph has been selected to be among the first 100 photographs in the 9mobile photography competition.
All I need is your vote in order to be chosen as the winner of this competition. Voting starts November 5th and ends November 19th.
Kindly visit the link above�.all it requires is just Facebook verification(I.e login)

Please as a reminder guys kindly vote in my image and also share on your groups

Okay okay I'll vote you bet let me inform you, we have a growing platform that can help people win contest. head to the market place section via the linnnk in my siggy to see how it works
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by maik99(m): 7:58am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

Good argument on the surface but a cursory look at the facts will tell otherwise..
Mourinho has spent almost as much as Guardiola since joining Man utd..
While Guardiola has sold the players he does not deem good enough and brought in quality players, Mourinho keep deadwoods in his own team, most of his purchases have been either players past their peak like Sanchez and matic or overrated seemingly "quality" players like Lukaku.
The defenders he's been moaning about which you seem to agree he's entitled to, may I remind you that Mourinho has bought Bailly and Lindelof? what has he made of those two patently talented players?
So you expect man utd, a profit-making organisation, to give mourinho funds to buy players like Aldeweireld? a 30 yr old player that will be finished in 2 yrs or less? or players like Perisic? or Boateng? These were d players Mourinho was interested in..Look at those players and tell me what they have in common

Be objective

1 Like

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by SirLakes: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2018
Pep doesn't need to tell us

It disgusts me each time I watch United play this day.

United flank play is in coma

I also feel for De Gea cry

Mou isn't getting it right.

A sinking ship cry

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Angelfrost(m): 8:06am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

You guys complain and whine like sissies... Manchester united has one of the best youth academies in the world. Board refused to buy players, so?.. A good coach and leader would look inward, and bring forth young blood with quality to add to the few good ones, and weed out the slackers.
Rome wasn't built in a day... But, with proper foundation, training, and motivation United can build a formidable team from scratch... The problem with trying to buy quick success is that it will eventually backfire cos other teams are fully stepping up their games... It is no more business as usual as in the Fergie era.
Manchester City was bound to win yesterday, but United had, and still has all it takes, to make them sweat and even bleed... Look at what an average Real Betis side did to giants Barcelona yesterday, or what Espanol almost did to Sevilla... Even Eibar will make Atletico Madrid sweat anytime anyday... Mourinho should swallow his pride, go back to the foundation and build a proper team,,, If he has forgotten how he did it at F.C Porto, and Inter Milan, then he should retire immediately from coaching... Nonsense & Buying of Success!!!

1 Like

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by maik99(m): 8:08am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

Because Mourinho bought 2 defenders means he can't buy another? Should I list players pep and Klopp bought and sold them? Mou bought 2,how many did pep buy? He bought 2 defenders doesn't mean he's enough with 2..since Bailly injury, he hasn't been in best form and you want him to be playing and Lindelof and smalling are forming good partnership at the back? And people will still say he doesn't have a first team.

Just forget about rashford.. The time rashford has played under Mourinho, no manager not even Ferguson has given that kind of time in epl and Mourinho is still to blame? Rashford loses easy chances and Mourinho still to blame? A player is not developing so when he do not play media will come for his head

Martial that people were criticising mou for is playing his best currently.. He covers more distance, he plays along side the lb and middle.. That's what he's been asking of him which he didn't do, is he not enjoying football now?.. Sanchez is just business not considerable target. Even if he signs Sanchez, it's still about fighting for position which at the same time fighting for the team.

I agree with pereira tho

Pep has bought more defenders abi? how many of the ones Mourinho has has he asked the club to sell? abi na until like 10 defenders dey d club?
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by maik99(m): 8:09am On Nov 12, 2018
Angelfrost:

You guys complain and whine like sissies... Manchester united has one of the best youth academies in the world. Board refused to buy players, so?.. A good coach and leader would look inward, and bring forth young blood with quality to add to the few good ones, and weed out the slackers.
Rome wasn't built in a day... But, with proper foundation, training, and motivation United can build a formidable team from scratch... The problem with trying to buy quick success is that it will eventually backfire cos other teams are fully stepping up their games... It is no more business as usual as in the Fergie era.
Manchester City was bound to win yesterday, but United had, and still has all it takes, to make them sweat and even bleed... Look at what an average Real Betis side did to giants Barcelona yesterday, or what Espanol almost did to Sevilla... Even Eibar will make Atletico Madrid sweat anytime anyday... Mourinho should swallow his pride, go back to the foundation and build a proper team,,, If he has forgotten how he did it at F.C Porto, and Inter Milan, then he should retire immediately from coaching... Nonsense & Buying of Success!!!

Mourinho is done as far as modern coaching and managing is concerned..excepts there's a paradigm shift in tactics.. a holistic one

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vosquare: 8:11am On Nov 12, 2018
maik99:

Good argument on the surface but a cursory look at the facts will tell otherwise..
Mourinho has spent almost as much as Guardiola since joining Man utd..
While Guardiola has sold the players he does not deem good enough and brought in quality players, Mourinho keep deadwoods in his own team, most of his purchases have been either players past their peak like Sanchez and matic or overrated seemingly "quality" players like Lukaku.
The defenders he's been moaning about which you seem to agree he's entitled to, may I remind you that Mourinho has bought Bailly and Lindelof? what has he made of those two patently talented players?
So you expect man utd, a profit-making organisation, to give mourinho funds to buy players like Aldeweireld? a 30 yr old player that will be finished in 2 yrs or less? or players like Perisic? or Boateng? These were d players Mourinho was interested in..Look at those players and tell me what they have in common

Be objective
Mou hasn't spend up to half of pep spend.. He's yet to reach half of it. Sanchez is business not target.. Darmian Jones blind were on market dz summer but only blind was sold and team didn't meet Darmian and co.. I don't think it's Mourinho's fault for the price of a player. I agree with that the players though but man u need quick experienced reinforcement. Upon pep buys kompany and otamendi is still there.. Adding experience to that backline.. Which do we have in man u? Jones?

A 25 yr old player who has more goals than Drogba and current highest goal scorer in Belgium is not overrated to me.. He's not been overrated at all.. At all at all

If u read through my previous post, you will see what I said about baily and Lindelof

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lille Vs Chelsea : UCL (1 - 2) On 2nd October 2019 / West Brom Vs Arsenal (0 - 4) On 2nd January 2020 / France Vs Iceland :Euro 2016 Quarter-finals (5 - 2) On 3rd July 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.