Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,650 members, 7,955,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United (26857 Views)

EPL: Guardiola Singles Out One Man City Player After Victory Over Liverpool / EPL: Guardiola Names Title Rivals That Is Best Team In The World / EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why He Shouted At Sterling During Man City’s 3-1 Win Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by depezee(m): 8:13am On Nov 12, 2018
Freiden:

The board believes Mou is wasteful. In 2 years, Mou has spent €80 on CBs and he has deemed both player not quality enough to be in his team. He wants another center back while we are seriously incapacitated in the right flank and the center forward position(Lukaku lacks quality, Mou has not been able to bring the best out of Rashford). To add salt to Injury, Mou sanctioned the purchase of an inconsequencial Sanchez (Sanchez plays from the left wing, we already have Rashford and Martial playing the same postion, he even made Sanchez the highest paid player in the team). What happened to buying one or two players for the right flanks(RB & RWF). We had an excellent Periera, but Mou decided to spend heavily on Fred.

You need to bare in mind that the owners of Man Utd are Americans, they are business minded. You don't go around spending without giving them dividends. On the other hand, Man City is owned by Sugar Daddies who didn't buy the club for business but for pride.

The major diff between Mou & PEP is, PEP knows what he want, scout the player well to know if he'll fit in well into his tactics before buying...that's his transfers(players) hardly fail to play up to expectation. Another difference is, PEP. Doesn't hang his players in the open to dry when they flop/make mistakes, it tells on a players confidence.

Your analysis shows you don't understand the business of football. Coaches only list out their target players but the board have the final say according to their book - with commercials playing uppermost role mostly, as in the case of united.

Again coaches do not negotiate players wages but only the board.

It will be difficult for Mourinho to groom new players from accademy into senior team at this moment because the team is not yet balanced.

Nowadays in the world of football you must spend big in order to win big, for instance Chelsea, PSG, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc, spent big and reap the result.

At this moment Mourinho is not United's problem but the board.
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vosquare: 8:14am On Nov 12, 2018
Angelfrost:

You guys complain and whine like sissies... Manchester united has one of the best youth academies in the world. Board refused to buy players, so?.. A good coach and leader would look inward, and bring forth young blood with quality to add to the few good ones, and weed out the slackers.
Rome wasn't built in a day... But, with proper foundation, training, and motivation United can build a formidable team from scratch... The problem with trying to buy quick success is that it will eventually backfire cos other teams are fully stepping up their games... It is no more business as usual as in the Fergie era.
Manchester City was bound to win yesterday, but United had, and still has all it takes, to make them sweat and even bleed... Look at what an average Real Betis side did to giants Barcelona yesterday, or what Espanol almost did to Sevilla... Even Eibar will make Atletico Madrid sweat anytime anyday... Mourinho should swallow his pride, go back to the foundation and build a proper team,,, If he has forgotten how he did it at F.C Porto, and Inter Milan, then he should retire immediately from coaching... Nonsense & Buying of Success!!!

I agree with the quick success tho... I totally agree... Mou is about quick success not future success.. I guess that's why he was signed as the coach of man u.. To bring them back to champions league.

With the youths? No argument on that.. But can the attackers defend? grin grin.. If attacker no ft defend, u no ft enter Mourinho team o..lol

Its not during this crisis mou will start bringing Academy players in... Most of the team that win big now spend big..
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Jac007(m): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

The coach signed Sanchez with a lot of money and mykitarian going the other way and he is the highest paid in Man Utd..

Nope! The board bought Sanchez not the coach angry
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Angelfrost(m): 8:16am On Nov 12, 2018
maik99:

Mourinho is done as far as modern coaching and managing is concerned..excepts there's a paradigm shift in tactics.. a holistic one

Then the Club should grow a pair and let him go... This is a young man's game, and it all comes down to innovative tactics. Look at the game between Barca and Betis, I never knew a mediocre team could step up like that... Shall we talk about Inter's game? How about Bayern Munich?... Mourinho should do the needful, or resign honorably while his fame and dignity are still salvageable.
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vosquare: 8:18am On Nov 12, 2018
maik99:

Pep has bought more defenders abi? how many of the ones Mourinho has has he asked the club to sell? abi na until like 10 defenders dey d club?
The same board that said current man u defenders is beta than the coach's target?
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by TGMISKY(m): 8:18am On Nov 12, 2018
That 3rd goal was embarrasing. A total of 44 passes led to the goal

1 Like

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by depezee(m): 8:20am On Nov 12, 2018
obonujoker:

lol... ok... I tot you were a Barca fan... Well you are right with your analysis.... to me though, Mourinho isn't fit for Man UTD... Imagine so if no Pogba, we can't play??

Moyes, Van Gal and Mourinho are not fit for United, please mention coaches who will be fit for United.
My good friend United's problem is the board headed by Ed,woodward. Since David Gill left with Ferguson things have never remain the same.
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by maik99(m): 8:25am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

Mou hasn't spend up to half of pep spend.. He's yet to reach half of it. Sanchez is business not target.. Darmian Jones blind were on market dz summer but only blind was sold and team didn't meet Darmian and co.. I don't think it's Mourinho's fault for the price of a player. I agree with that the players though but man u need quick experienced reinforcement. Upon pep buys kompany and otamendi is still there.. Adding experience to that backline.. Which do we have in man u? Jones?

A 25 yr old player who has more goals than Drogba and current highest goal scorer in Belgium is not overrated to me.. He's not been overrated at all.. At all at all

If u read through my previous post, you will see what I said about baily and Lindelof

Did I hear you say mourinho has not spent up to half of Guardiola's expenditure? Goan get your facts right is all I have to say about that

Kompany and otamendi? Kompany was d best defender in the PL at his peak.. Pep has managed to get Otamendi playing well since he joined city.. what can you say about Mourinho in that regard?

Lukaku might have more "PL goals" than Drogba..that does not make him the player Drogba was..Check Drogba's record against Big teams and compare to Lukaku's..A player that cannot turn up in big games is not a big team player..for me Lukaku is a good striker, but only good enough for clubs like Everton from where he was bought, not quite good enough for man utd..that aside,a good manager might manage to bring Lukaku to that elite status, but obviously Mourinho is not doing it and might never

There is no excuse for Bailly and lindelof oga.

Mourinho has failed and needs to take a break from coaching to think

1 Like

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by maik99(m): 8:27am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

The same board that said current man u defenders is beta than the coach's target?

When did they say this?
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vosquare: 8:32am On Nov 12, 2018
maik99:

Did I hear you say mourinho has not spent up to half of Guardiola's expenditure? Goan get your facts right is all I have to say about that

Kompany and otamendi? Kompany was d best defender in the PL at his peak.. Pep has managed to get Otamendi playing well since he joined city.. what can you say about Mourinho in that regard?

Lukaku might have more "PL goals" than Drogba..that does not make him the player Drogba was..Check Drogba's record against Big teams and compare to Lukaku's..A player that cannot turn up in big games is not a big team player..for me Lukaku is a good striker, but only good enough for clubs like Everton from where he was bought, not quite good enough for man utd..that aside,a good manager might manage to bring Lukaku to that elite status, but obviously Mourinho is not doing it and might never

There is no excuse for Bailly and lindelof oga.

Mourinho has failed and needs to take a break from coaching to think
Last stat I saw was Mourinho spending 243 or so and pep spending 548... Maybe I'm wrong with that and moreso I'm not in no way comparing Drogba to lukaku pls.. I'm not... I just made a point of your "overrated" siggy wink

Dem go soon sack Mourinho... No worry.. So which coach would you like to see in man u?
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vosquare: 8:32am On Nov 12, 2018
maik99:

When did they say this?
Before this season started
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Elxandre(m): 8:38am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

If you follow United transfers very well, you will see that the board is ready to buy big players that will sell shirts not just any player that won't bring profits to them. The board signed Sanchez not Mourinho. Mourinho was ready to sell miki but not to buy Alexis. And it was a swap, no money involved.. Na Sanchez dey collect money pass
How many shirts has Fred sold?
You Mourinho apologists sha.

Yesterday, we had three of our highest paid players on the bench, but you people stop have us believe we lost because the board didn't sign a CB.
What would a CB have done yesterday when we were sorely lacking creativity, but Mourinho instead played a static and useless Midfield of Matic, Felliani and Herrera.

There are many little teams ahead of us, do they have Chelliini and Bonucci too?

Practically almost all of Mourinho's signings have been trash, yet we believe he needs more money.

I'm sure Mourinho would never have a Midfield of Silva, Bernado, as they are very small in size.

In fact I don tire sef, after all the season is over.
Shame on Ed for not firing him yet.

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by jyomite(m): 8:41am On Nov 12, 2018
lilmax:
I watched the match live this morning around 5am

the fact is, pogba fcked up by not scoring that shot he took at the 65th minute

but anyways, man city won by luck with those 2goals they had.....2-1 really ain't bad to close the game

What did you smoke?
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by maik99(m): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

Last stat I saw was Mourinho spending 243 or so and pep spending 548... Maybe I'm wrong with that and moreso I'm not in no way comparing Drogba to lukaku pls.. I'm not... I just made a point of your "overrated" siggy wink

Dem go soon sack Mourinho... No worry.. So which coach would you like to see in man u?

Make them just find another coach na my own..don't care who comes as long as it's not Conte
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by maik99(m): 8:44am On Nov 12, 2018
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Angelfrost(m): 8:45am On Nov 12, 2018
Elxandre:

How many shirts has Fred sold?
You Mourinho apologists sha.

Yesterday, we had three of our highest paid players on the bench, but you people stop have us believe we lost because the board didn't sign a CB.
What would a CB have done yesterday when we were sorely lacking creativity, but Mourinho instead played a static and useless Midfield of Matic, Felliani and Herrera.

There are many little teams ahead of us, do they have Chelliini and Bonucci too?

Practically almost all of Mourinho's signings have been trash, yet we believe he needs more money.

I'm sure Mourinho would never have a Midfield of Silva, Bernado, as they are very small in size.

In fact I don tire sef, after all the season is over.
Shame on Ed for not firing him yet.

I don't even know what they are defending him for... Maybe his past success continues to blind their myopic view of the real big picture... A coach that refuses to evolve, and bring out the best in his players is unworthy of the job... The fact that Watford, AFC, Spurs and Arsenal are playing way better than United says it all.
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vosquare: 8:46am On Nov 12, 2018
maik99:

Make them just find another coach na my own..don't care who comes as long as it's not Conte

grin grin grin grin
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Skepticus: 8:56am On Nov 12, 2018
obonujoker:

Instead of chasing man utd, Mourinho and Ronaldo the world over, why not care about your team that conceded 4 goals at their turf?? Nuff said!!

obonujoker:

Just leave those Barca fans to keep wallowing in their delusions??

Does it matter if he is a Barcelona fan or Barcelona losing to Betis?

Go deal with your shitty team, clueless Maureen-hoe and foolish Ed Wayward and worry about getting the Europa slot. Barcelona lost but still tops the league table.
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by engrglover(m): 9:04am On Nov 12, 2018
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by EbukaHades10(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2018
chybykee:

The best form of Defence is attack.
Why defend when you can attack??
Have you noticed that each time Machester United attacks, though they aren’t classical with their play, they tend to mount pressure on the opposing defense.
Man U strikers never cross the half way line only or rare conditions. They just walk around. The midfielders prefer back passes over attacking.
How do you expect to win a match playing that way??
How strong do you think City defenders are?? There’s no pressure so they are very comfortable.
Exactly. City defenders no get two heads. Attack them and the panic begins. Most EPL teams don't attack or maybe they are afraid and it pains me.

1 Like

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by EbukaHades10(m): 9:59am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

"Despite spending more than City in the summer transfer window, the Portuguese coach has routinely trotted out the excuse that he was not backed enough in the market to mount a title challenge". culled from supersport.
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by SmartyPants(m): 10:00am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:
Man utd lacked quality. Man utd didn't buy players required by the coach rather he was sticked to developing those he has compared to city which won't develop most but buy another. When you look at juve and city, you will know man utd have a long way to go. In juve, each position have at least 2 players for a spot.. Look at man u, no right wing, no right back very bad. Man u conceded 28 goals in a whole season last year, now they have conceded 21 goals in about 11 to 12 games, now see the reason the coach was after centre back? man u were 19 points behind city and what did the board buy? A young rb, a center mid and a keeper.. Smh

I won't still blame United misfortune on Mourinho, rather the board because he was screaming defenders during pre season but didn't get him one... The board said defenders United have currently is beta than his targets.. Like smalling is beta than Alderweireld...kai. Man u have a long way way way to go.. A team without sport director is failure in disguise.. They don't need to cheat like man city tho but that team a lot of investments

The utd board never said the current defenders are better than Mourinho's targets. The board said the targets would not be significant improvements, and that the targeted players were too old and therefore not worth the prices quoted by their various clubs. And is that logic untrue?

When Jose Mourinho came, Utd had one of the best defenses in the league with Smalling and Blind. Blind was immediately axed without being given a chance under Mourinho. Why?

Mourinho then proceeded to acquire Bailey and Lindelof. That is a complete centre back partnership the board has backed Mourinho to get, in addition to players like Smalling who were good enough to win the premier league under Sir Alex Ferguson.

You can't tell me all these defenders are suddenly so bad that Mourinho must continue to spend in order to improve the team.

And btw who told you the board just gets up and buys players??
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by obonujoker(m): 10:01am On Nov 12, 2018
Skepticus:

Does it matter if he is a Barcelona fan or Barcelona losing to Betis?

Go deal with your shitty team, clueless Maureen-hoe and foolish Ed Wayward and worry about getting the Europa slot. Barcelona lost but still tops the league table.

Lol... barbielona butt hurt.... conceding 4 goals to a 15th placed team..... grin
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by ominilongest(m): 10:05am On Nov 12, 2018
Timil:
Because say una no get point
i tire o.. D only time he's best is barca days.
Always running to big teams..already made teams, since he left barca e never collect champions league,all this small pikin wey just dey watch ball maybe dem think say they call mounrinho special one for no reason.. Nigga use Porto, inter collect champions league and crash pep on the way with a 10 man team against well complete Barcelona team...man u is there own problem.... And premier league is over rated as poo..let him do what he does in d league in the champions league too na.....radarada
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by OmoManU: 10:05am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:
Man utd lacked quality. Man utd didn't buy players required by the coach rather he was sticked to developing those he has compared to city which won't develop most but buy another. When you look at juve and city, you will know man utd have a long way to go. In juve, each position have at least 2 players for a spot.. Look at man u, no right wing, no right back very bad. Man u conceded 28 goals in a whole season last year, now they have conceded 21 goals in about 11 to 12 games, now see the reason the coach was after centre back? man u were 19 points behind city and what did the board buy? A young rb, a center mid and a keeper.. Smh

I won't still blame United misfortune on Mourinho, rather the board because he was screaming defenders during pre season but didn't get him one... The board said defenders United have currently is beta than his targets.. Like smalling is beta than Alderweireld...kai. Man u have a long way way way to go.. A team without sport director is failure in disguise.. They don't need to cheat like man city tho but that team a lot of investments
I agreed with you, the problem with Man u is basically the management not the coach
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vroy(m): 10:07am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

OGA mourinho bought Fred he was on bench
bought Sanchez on bench
bought lukaku on bench
bought Bailly not in squad
only lindelof was mourinho signing in the squad frankly speaking mourinho recruitment has been very poor

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vroy(m): 10:08am On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

OGA mourinho bought Fred he was on bench
bought Sanchez on bench
bought lukaku on bench
bought Bailly not in squad
only lindelof n Matic who were the reason we concede the goals was mourinho signing in the squad frankly speaking mourinho recruitment has been very poor

1 Like

Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by vroy(m): 10:12am On Nov 12, 2018
SmartyPants:

The utd board never said the current defenders are better than Mourinho's targets. The board said the targets would not be significant improvements, and that the targeted players were too old and therefore not worth the prices quoted by their various clubs. And is that logic untrue?

When Jose Mourinho came, Utd had one of the best defenses in the league with Smalling and Blind. Blind was immediately axed without being given a chance under Mourinho. Why?

Mourinho then proceeded to acquire Bailey and Lindelof. That is a complete centre back partnership the board has backed Mourinho to get, in addition to players like Smalling who were good enough to win the premier league under Sir Alex Ferguson.

You can't tell me all these defenders are suddenly so bad that Mourinho must continue to spend in order to improve the team.

And btw who told you the board just gets up and buys players??
Thank you jare, during the summer transfer he want maguire who only performed in the WC, n Leicester want 80mil for him if the we bought maguire I can bet he would have flopped even more than what he does in Leicester coz of pressure.
Jose simply doesn't know who he wants
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by IAmTobore(m): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2018
lilmax:
I watched the match live this morning around 5am

the fact is, pogba fcked up by not scoring that shot he took at the 65th minute

but anyways, man city won by luck with those 2goals they had.....2-1 really ain't bad to close the game
Are you sure you watched the match?
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 12, 2018
depezee:

Your analysis shows you don't understand the business of football. Coaches only list out their target players but the board have the final say according to their book - with commercials playing uppermost role mostly, as in the case of united.

Again coaches do not negotiate players wages but only the board.

It will be difficult for Mourinho to groom new players from accademy into senior team at this moment because the team is not yet balanced.

Nowadays in the world of football you must spend big in order to win big, for instance Chelsea, PSG, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc, spent big and reap the result.

At this moment Mourinho is not United's problem but the board.

@the boded
It depends on the clubs policies @ Real Madrid, Mou was given total control of transfers, it was one of the conditions he gave Real Madrid should he take the job.

With other clubs, it is the job of the director of football/ Mou does not like having a Director of Football as he feels the position is a treat to his job. So usually wherever Mou manages, that role is always cancelled out

With united, Ed Woodward as the Vice-Chairman & chief executive overseeing the operations of the club (negotiates the sale and purchase of players and negotiates every commercial deals for Manchester United).

and like you said, It is Mou's job to list the players he wants in order of preference....all through the transfer window, all Mou was clamoring for was for Woodward to sign defenders, the same position he spent 80M Euros buying 2 players in the past 2 years. What happened to those 2 players (Baily and Lindelof)?? You need to start seeing things from a Business point of view through which Ed Woodward is seeing things...Woodward is an accountant and investment banker not a tactician.

What Man U wants is a director of football who knows what football tactics is.....which Mou is not comfortable with.
What Mou secretly wants is full hands on transfer so he can lavish on transfers like he always does. (This is not possible unless the Glazer Family no longer owns Man U. They are Business minded people who cares about how their money is spent). Why do you think the Glazers are glued to Ed Woodward?? He brings in a lot of money for them...The money is all they care about.

In summary, A Director of Football is one major solution to Manchester United's problems, and sacking Mou will open way for a Director of football.
Re: EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United by chiboy1116: 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2018
vosquare:

oga shut up , how many already developed players did city buy , don't just buy buy wisely. Man utd spends huge amounts to get players just look at Fred , that dude is nothing to right home about based on the amount he was bought city got gundogan and fernandinho for that price ...and might even get the promising de Jong for less. Man utd doesn't know how to buy players , city also sell . And as u pointed out I don't think de have a sporting director and Man city has the best manager in the world right now so what do u expect ? He went prepared with a plan , but also did mourinho , but pep won the tactical battle . Man city are a better team not just becos of the quality players but becos de know what de need and always come prepared .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Southampton (4 - 0) On 1st February 2020 / Uefa Champions League Price Money / Juventus Vs Monaco : UCL (2 - 1) On 9th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.