Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

I Know What I'm Doing! (monday Motivation) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Know What I'm Doing! (monday Motivation) (300 Views)

Does Anyone Know What This Oil Is For? Pix / What I'm Going Through Right Now / Monday Motivation:hardwork pays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Know What I'm Doing! (monday Motivation) by RichEstate(m): 11:07am On Nov 12, 2018
I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!
My childhood friends would still remember this. There was a playground where we used to gather in the evening to play three-a-side football. We had many of the boys so skillful...well I wasn't but I knew how to intersect and defend my goal post.

One of us just decided to name himself "iku" which means death in Yoruba language. Till today, we never knew why he named himself such a frightening name. He was such a lovely player perhaps the most skillful and everyone always desire to have him in one's team.

Unfortunately for his teammates, he had one bad habit... holding the ball more than necessary! In other words, you could be in his team and your leg wouldn't touch the ball till one of the opponent player dispossessed him and score...and scoring means the end of the game.

The teammates would be shouting, "iku, pass the ball!" He would also shout back, "Mo mo nkan kii se" meaning, "I know what I'm doing" in native Ondo, Yoruba language. That moment, you would feel like killing him, as a matter of fact he did it one day and one hefty member of his team named "Akin Wogo" had predetermimed to kill him should"Iku" contribute to their defeat and immediately opponents snatched the ball from him to score, the bulky guy chased "iku" to his father's house and warned him not to walk in the street for two weeks if he didn't want to get paralyzed.

Colourful childhood isn't? Not the one kids have these days in front of computer games... sedentary lifestyle. "Iku" always claimed he knew what he was doing but did he know why he was doing what he was doing?! I doubt it.

WE HAVE MANY PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHY! DO YOU KNOW WHY YOU ARE DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING?

Knowing what you are doing means you're not operating by a series of accidents and it also means figuring out the right moves to make and make them on time, that's what will bring you that business, that job, that lady, that business partner and that one thing you are so afraid of but which you are so convinced will change your life forever.

Many of us wake up in the morning in pursuit of daily bread. We know what we are doing but we never bothered to ask why we labour so hard to do what we are doing. Chasing money without questioning oneself to ascertain why making a move is important.

I discussed in my book, "EXITING YOUR RAT RACE", how my chess coach always got furious whenever I made a move without asking WHY even if the move made sense to me. And may I tell you I moved pieces sometimes after I had thought of possible solutions without finding any especially when my cherished knights (horses) or queen are threatened. In similar way, humans act like that

LET YOUR WHY IMPACTS MANY LIVES
My wife chose me as her coach and in one of my sessions with her I asked, "Izzy, why do you want success?" She replied in a way that most people would reply, " I want to be successful because of my husband, kids, my two mums (referring to her mum and mine), and my dad."
I said to her, "that was beautiful and makes you responsible but don't you think that is too narrow for you to desire financial freedom?" Taking care of those people is part of your duty because they had done the same for you when you were young maybe or maybe not.

Then I presented a bigger picture: wouldn't it be more rewarding to desire success because you want to feed one thousand families in your nation by paying members of those families salaries? Isn't it more fulfilling if you want success because you want to feed the poor in your locality, in your church? Paying school fees for orphans? Paying hospital bills of the old? Running for politial office to transform the nation? Those are more worthy WHY to desire success. That is only when what you are doing and why you are doing it make sense; how you are doing it must be legal by the way.

Begin to have a big picture of healing the world through what you offer because it is more rewarding financially and in satisfaction of your soul. And your little WHY will be fixed such as providing luxury for your family. Many of us envy the artists for instance, when they buy expensive things for themselves or loved ones. But we have forgotten that they constructively create beats that sent millions of people to the dance floor. So they deserve the reward of what money can buy. Be part of the world's positive evolution, it should be the reason why you are doing what you are doing.

Cheers to your success!

(1) (Reply)

1224 Dead Persons On Voter Register, Adamawa – INEC / Atiku’s Policy Document-raise GDP, Privatise NNPC, , Slash Taxes, Others.. / You Will Not Believe What Delux Fragrance Is Offer To People Living In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.