Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

How To Prevent A Dog Attack - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Prevent A Dog Attack (376 Views)

This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. / Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating / How To Prevent A Dog Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prevent A Dog Attack by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
From my past experience, you shouldn’t run that’s legit prey instincts and guess who is the predator? (The dog). Most often their goal is to intimidate you , Many angry dogs don’t want to engage in a fight with you unless he was trained to, he is probably trying to protect his territory or family.

The best thing to do when you’re about to be attack is to..........

continue reading here https://mypupway.com/2018/11/12/how-to-prevent-a-dog-attack/
Re: How To Prevent A Dog Attack by EbukaHades10(m): 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2018
Ogbeni post something here joor. U want Mummy Rebecca's dog to bite me when I go to their house for ...........?

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent A Dog Attack by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2018
Lol,,
Just click the link
Re: How To Prevent A Dog Attack by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 12, 2018
EbukaHades10:
Ogbeni post something here joor. U want Mummy Rebecca's dog to bite me when I go to their house for ...........?
It is the link
Click on it
Re: How To Prevent A Dog Attack by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
From my past experience, you shouldn’t run that’s legit prey instincts and guess who is the predator? (The dog). Most often their goal is to intimidate you , Many angry dogs don’t want to engage in a fight with you unless he was trained to, he is probably trying to protect his territory or family.

The best thing to do when you’re about to be attack is to ignore the dog, stand your ground and back off slowly with your eyes somewhere else, try not to make eye contact with the dog but keep him in lateral view, call for help.

Image result for making eye contact with a dog
dont make eye contact
Here are the Do’s and Don’t

Do’s:

Stand your ground don’t run.
Put something between two of you like a stick or improvise using your shirt.
[Or if you know he will attack wrap your cloth around your hand to reduce the pain]
Back off slowly if you can.
Call for anyone the dog is familiar with to him out of there
Dont’s:

Don’t run away.
Don’t kick the dog( it only agitates them).
Don’t pull your arms back (when he attacks).
Don’t try any form of intimidation like shouting, stepping on the floor.
try no to make eye contact with him.
If you’re strong enough or don’t have any choice but to defend yourself, Best thing to do is grab the dog’s neck with your body behind him or use your chest to pin his sides (body) to the floor. you control the neck you control the mouth and call for help.

This is the post above.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Speaks On The On Going Strike / ASUU Strike Update Day 23: FG-ASUU Meeting Again Ends In Deadlock / Ebonyi State University Sacks 63 Lecturers Over Sexual Harassment, Extortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.