Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers (40678 Views)

Wedding Guest Captured Touching Bride Inappropriately At Church Wedding (Video) / Groom Walks Out On Bride In Jos During Church Wedding / Bride And Groom Rock Isi Agu Attire For Church Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Xisnin(m): 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
Ayoswit:
I don't wear trousers to a church I'm invited to for an occasion. So it won't happen to me.
Do you wear trousers at all?
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by dukeo(m): 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2018
asuustrike1:

Since the groom is marrying the bride as a form of honour, the church wedding is done in her church similar to traditional wedding.

Still does not make it a custom..

1 Like

Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Ayoswit(f): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2018
Xisnin:

Do you wear trousers at all?
Yes I do
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Xisnin(m): 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
Ayoswit:
Yes I do
If trousers are immoral as some church claim and many posters agree.
Wouldn't it be wrong to wear trousers at all?
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Ayoswit(f): 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2018
Xisnin:

If trousers are immoral as some church claim and many posters agree.
Wouldn't it be wrong to wear trousers at all?
my dear, some churches do not allow it, so its best to dress the way d church recommends people to dress either as a member or an invited guest. For example, any Lady attending a wedding in deeper life bible church wouldn't wear trousers or she would be embarrassed.
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by litaninja(m): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2018
Church na cult, if you know, you know...
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2018
Pastev1:
My dear, you speak as one with no thinking faculty!
Your level of understanding and Christianity, to me is in doubt.
Do you think it's every churches accept so call trousers for women and to keep your hair open?
You first and foremost know where you are going to and the nature/pattern of the area before making a move.
You don't walk to a place because you've gotten a new dress for yourself to show up. You were even lucky that you enter into the church before they asked you to leave. For me, you wouldn't have stepped to the premises. Be Wise!

Thank goodness you aren't God
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobodys(f): 10:58pm On Nov 12, 2018
annnikky:
Thats the doctrine of the church, u dnt wear trouser to a church where their members doesn't wear it and expect them to welcome u with an open arms because u're a new comer... Hanty things are not done like that. U're in the presence of God, u've to dress properly like a woman and not God doesn't look at ur dressing thingy undecided
dress properly like a woman?.. Did she tell you she was dressed improperly like a man or am I missing something here.?....

When it comes to tithes, these pastor are so quick to understand the Bible, they will tell you that God's storehouse means the church tithe box, buh when it comes to things like this, they chase understanding away, just to settle for ignorance....

1 Like

Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Ken4Christ: 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2018
annnikky:
Thats the doctrine of the church, u dnt wear trouser to a church where their members doesn't wear it and expect them to welcome u with an open arms because u're a new comer... Hanty things are not done like that. U're in the presence of God, u've to dress properly like a woman and not God doesn't look at ur dressing thingy undecided

It is not a doctrine. It is dogma. I feel sorry for Churches that don't understand the word of God properly. They should emphasize on decency and not on the dress style.
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobodys(f): 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2018
asuustrike1:

Who would you blame if not for modern pastors that allows that shit
I don't normally do this buh well today is different..

Please Sir, can you show me the portion of the Holy Bible that says it is a sin or offence for a woman to go to church with her HAIR uncovered??.

I really want to know... please, indulge me...
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

What does wearing trousers in a church have to do with immorality? Since when did trousers become "immoral"?
It is. In fact it has been abused to a point it has made many to list after women.
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
Nobodys:
I don't normally do this buh well today is different..

Please Sir, can you show me the portion of the Holy Bible that says it is a sin or offence for a woman to go to church with her HAIR uncovered??.

I really want to know... please, indulge me...
1 Cor 11:6
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
dukeo:

Still does not make it a custom..
White wedding is not compulsory
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
asuustrike1:

It is. In fact it has been abused to a point it has made many to list after women.

People lust after women in skirts. The notion that trousers are uniquely provocative is daft. There are more ways a woman can abuse skirts than trousers. Abi, should we start posting pictures of women in skirts and how they can "abuse" it?

1 Like

Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

People lust after women in skirts. The notion that trousers are uniquely provocative is daft. There are more ways a woman can abuse skirts than trousers. Abi, should we start posting pictures of women in skirts and how they can "abuse" it?
That does not dispute the fact many men lust after women on trousers. Many of the ladies were trousers that reveal their shapes. The bible condemned wearing it in the first place
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:32pm On Nov 12, 2018
asuustrike1:

That does not dispute the fact many men lust after women on trousers. Many of the ladies were trousers that reveal their shapes. The bible condemned wearing it in the first place

And men lust after women in skirts. grin And many women wear skirts that reveal their shapes. And the Bible did not condemn wearing trousers. Please learn how to argue rationally and not like a villager with no education.

1 Like

Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 12, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

And men lust after women in skirts. grin And many women wear skirts that reveal their shapes. And the Bible did not condemn wearing trousers. Please learn how to argue rationally and not like a villager with no education.
Deut 22:5
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobodys(f): 11:45pm On Nov 12, 2018
asuustrike1:

1 Cor 11:6
Dear Sir, I asked for a passage that's states that it is a sin for a woman to pray with her HAIR uncovered buh you are showing me a passage that says it is wrong for a woman to pray with her HEAD uncovered for it is a dishonour to her husband...

There is a clear difference between HEAD and HAIR, and I'm certain that Paul wasn't ignorant of it..

It is so clear that the covering he meant was the hair, as the hair covers the head except the hair is shaven, that which he condemned....

Reading down to verse 15, it is also clear that the woman's hair is a covering to her head....
1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.....

Now from my understanding of this passage, covering your head alongside your hair with a scarf isn't actually a bad idea, it's a matter of choice and convenience..

Buh that doesn't mean that it is wrong to leave your hair uncovered because your hair covers your head...Buh when a woman completely shaves her hair, leaving her head uncovered, then, we can quote 1 Corinthians chapter 11....
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
Nobodys:
Dear Sir, I asked for a passage that's states that it is a sin for a woman to pray with her HAIR uncovered buh you are showing me a passage that says it is wrong for a woman to pray with her HEAD uncovered for it is a dishonour to her husband...

There is a clear difference between HEAD and HAIR, and I'm certain that Paul wasn't ignorant of it..

It is so clear that the covering he meant was the hair, as the hair covers the head except the hair is shaven, that which he condemned....

Reading down to verse 15, it is also clear that the woman's hair is a covering to her head....
1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.....

Now from my understanding of this passage, covering your hair and your head with a scarf isn't actually a bad idea, it's a matter of choice and convenience..Buh that doesn't mean that it is wrong to leave your hair uncovered because your hair covers your head...Buh when a woman completely shaves her hair, leaving her head uncovered, then, we can quote 1 Corinthians chapter 11....
Study that scripture very well you would understand better. I don't want to bother you with in depth analysis of head covering
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobodys(f): 11:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
asuustrike1:

Study that scripture very well you would understand better. I don't want to bother you with in depth analysis of head covering
There you go, Darling...there you go...

It's not a bother, Sir... as long as it is clearly entailed in the scriptures.... We learn everyday after all.....
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by salesforce: 11:51pm On Nov 12, 2018
Oh
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
asuustrike1:

Deut 22:5

That is why I said you argue like a villager with no education. This is what the verse says:

5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

Nowhere there were you told that trousers are men's clothing. Who invented trousers and when did he/she tell you that it belongs to men?

1 Like

Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by benedictuyi(m): 12:49am On Nov 13, 2018
Shelumiel:
When in Rome behave like the Romans ;do not expect to be welcomed when you dress like Greek at a Roman funeral .
Guy if you don't have what to say please keep quiet. This is 2018, better be woke before u allow people use ur brain to build empires for their generation
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 13, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

That is why I said you argue like a villager with no education. This is what the verse says:

Nowhere there were you told that trousers are men's clothing. Who invented trousers and when did he/she tell you that it belongs to men?
Trousers are men's clothing Mr man. Lucifer and his agents have polluted the world to a point that women now drag clothing with men. Most men's clothing are having female type all in the name of modernization. Didn't you see were it is stated that women should put clothing that pertains to men same with men?. Because trousers were not mentioned you assumed that it is for both sexes I suppose. The scriptures was clear on that and needs no arguments
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:51am On Nov 13, 2018
asuustrike1:

Trousers are men's clothing Mr man. Lucifer and his agents have polluted the world to a point that women now drag clothing with men. Most men's clothing are having female type all in the name of modernization. Didn't you see were it is stated that women should put clothing that pertains to men same with men?. Because trousers were not mentioned you assumed that it is for both sexes I suppose. The scriptures was clear on that and needs no arguments

Sorry. Many of us went to school and argue with sense, rather than embrace village myths. My inquiry is simple: what is the history of trousers, who invented trousers, and when did they tell you that trousers are men's clothes? Did your ancestors wear trousers? Your colonial masters dictated a lot of what you wear: your suits; your shirts; your ties; your trousers; your shoes. Those same colonialists today don't have foolish arguments in their societies about whether trousers are men's or women's clothes. So when did you ignorant villagers embrace the notion that trousers belong to men? Where in your Bible did they claim that trousers belong to men?

None of your arguments make sense.
You claim that trousers show women's bodies and invoke lust in men, yet skirts do the same. A prostitute is more likely to be wearing a skirt than a trouser.
You claim that your Bible opposes it. Yet, your Bible makes no such claim about trousers. Women in Israel today wear trousers everywhere. Yet a bunch of losers in Nigeria think they know Yahweh better than anyone. grin
Not to mention you don't seem to understand the contradiction between portraying a trouser as masculine, yet hypersexual. It cannot be both. If you claim that trousers are inappropriate for women because it is men's wear, then that means trousers are not feminine enough for women by your definition. Yet, the same you portrays trousers as hyper-feminine which somehow inappropriately magnifies the sexual attractiveness of women. So, basically, a trouser is both too masculine for women since it is men's wear, and also too feminine for women because it somehow makes them too sexually attractive for ogling perverts. So, which is it? It cannot be both. Do you dislike trousers on women because it's too masculine for them, or because it's too feminine for them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Cantonese: 4:07am On Nov 13, 2018
olaboo123:
A lady said she suffered the worst embarrassment of her life after she was sent out of a church wedding for wearing trousers. Read her tweets below.

via https://onecornergizt..com/2018/11/lady-narrates-how-she-was-sent-out-of.html

The idiot should have been whipped before getting sent off. One of the problems of christianity is the so called christians who think they can say whatever they like or do whatever they like in the church. The so called pastors interprete the bible to suite their own personal requirements and deceive gullible and very stupid ladies like this. It only happens in the south, especially the south west (with apologies to every decent person either resident or born here). Will you wear trousers to a church in the south east and expect to be welcome with open arms. Not only will you be sent out, if you are not careful you will be disgraced totally. Even here in the south west you do not dare to wear trousers to some churches. Foolish lady. You did not even get enough of what you deserved. A lot of you ladies know the churches where you do not dare try it but you want to show off. Good for you. Anu mpama.
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Shelumiel: 5:20am On Nov 13, 2018
benedictuyi:

Guy if you don't have what to say please keep quiet. This is 2018, better be woke before u allow people use ur brain to build empires for their generation
Have said the truth and there is nothing you can do about it . And besides it is not mandatory you comment on my post .
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by kullozone(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2018
annnikky:

Someone that Yahweh created buttt Nakedd should now dress properly in his presence again?

Why are you religious folks confusing people anyhow sef? smiley
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Gracespecial101(m): 8:06am On Nov 13, 2018
Shelumiel:
When in Rome behave like the Romans ;do not expect to be welcomed when you dress like Greek at a Roman funeral .
Bro's na sense dey rush you... Nice one
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 13, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Sorry. Many of us went to school and argue with sense, rather than embrace village myths. My inquiry is simple: what is the history of trousers, who invented trousers, and when did they tell you that trousers are men's clothes? Did your ancestors wear trousers? Your colonial masters dictated a lot of what you wear: your suits; your shirts; your ties; your trousers; your shoes. Those same colonialists today don't have foolish arguments in their societies about whether trousers are men's or women's clothes. So when did you ignorant villagers embrace the notion that trousers belong to men? Where in your Bible did they claim that trousers belong to men?

None of your arguments make sense.
You claim that trousers show women's bodies and invoke lust in men, yet skirts do the same. A prostitute is more likely to be wearing a skirt than a trouser.
You claim that your Bible opposes it. Yet, your Bible makes no such claim about trousers. Women in Israel today wear trousers everywhere. Yet a bunch of losers in Nigeria think they know Yahweh better than anyone. grin
Not to mention you don't seem to understand the contradiction between portraying a trouser as masculine, yet hypersexual. It cannot be both. If you claim that trousers are inappropriate for women because it is men's wear, then that means trousers are not feminine enough for women by your definition. Yet, the same you portrays trousers as hyper-feminine which somehow inappropriately magnifies the sexual attractiveness of women. So, basically, a trouser is both too masculine for women since it is men's wear, and also too feminine for women because it somehow makes them too sexually attractive for ogling perverts. So, which is it? It cannot be both. Do you dislike trousers on women because it's too masculine for them, or because it's too feminine for them?
Mr man with my the level of education which is far higher than you and experience am telling you the truth. It is either you believe it or not. Trousers were not designed for women right from time.
Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:34am On Nov 13, 2018
asuustrike1:

Mr man with my the level of education which is far higher than you and experience am telling you the truth. It is either you believe it or not. Trousers were not designed for women right from time.

Village man could not address one single thing I posted and simply regurgitated his nonsense. Clearly, you're a waste of time. grin

2 Likes

Re: Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers by sureway1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Village man could not address one single thing I posted and simply regurgitated his nonsense. Clearly, you're a waste of time. grin

your argument is baseless... sorry if that offends you... be sincere with yourself, even you know the truth.. church is church.. if your church is not church enough you know... you can't just dress anyhow and say you are going to church.. except for those whose churches are not church enough, and they know it... they are ok in the place( social gathering ) they called church, cos the pastor won't speak against it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eyinna Anumudu And Joyce Jacob Wedding: Dangote, Otedola, Ihedioha, Rita Dominic / Jabulani Ngcobo Cashflow's Birthday Cake (Photos) / Video Of Crossdressers At A Birthday Party In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.