Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,067 members, 7,832,586 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari (492 Views)

I Will Always Hate This Country Says Man Who Lost His Parents In Ondo Massacre / Enugu Elections Exceptional, One Of The Best In Country, Says INEC / I Have Been Doing My Best For Nigeria - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Mysteryque: 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2018
“I am doing my best now to utilize our resources to develop the country. We are already getting results on road, rail and power.

“My frustration is that some people still have plenty stolen money stashed in Europe, U S and other countries”, said president Muhammadu Buhari.

Mr President said this during an interactive session with the Nigerian community in Paris. Buhari equally reiterated his commitment towards developing the educational sector.

He assured Nigerians to expect more investment in the sector, noting that allocations to the educational sector will be improved as revenue increases, describing the sector as a major engine for the development of any country.

“We are currently reviewing investments in the entire infrastructure of the country like road, rail and power, including investing more in education. We will certainly need to do more in education,’’ he said.

President Buhari enjoined Nigerian elites, both at home and diaspora, to do more in contributing to the educational sector of the country, expressing surprise that the elites tolerated the fall in standards and structures of educational institutions despite oil windfalls in the past that would have made all the difference.

“I am doing my best now to utilize our resources to develop the country,’’ he said. “ We are already getting results on road, rail and power. My frustration is that some people still have plenty stolen money stashed in Europe, U S and other countries.’’

President Buhari said return of stolen assets in some safe heavens will bolster the administration’s current effort of investing more in critical infrastructure that directly impact on the livelihood of Nigerians.

The President said the war against terrorism will be reinforced with new weapons and hardware for the military, while the challenge of abduction and kidnapping in some parts of the country will receive more attention with better gathering of intelligence.

“We campaigned on three key issues; security, improving the economy, and fighting corruption, and we have not been controverted by anyone that we have not recorded some results,’’ he added.

On Nigerians in diaspora participating in elections, the President said the population of citizens in various countries across the world already necessitate their inclusion to elect leaders, noting that it might not happen in the 2019 elections as INEC had been more focused on strengthening and consolidating on its achievements of conducting credible elections within the country.

The President said it could happen in future.

He added that the Nigerian constitution had taken into cognizance the need for representation in the political structures in order to ensure harmony and development, urging more people to pick interest in governance and quality representation.

In her remarks, Nigerian Ambassador to France, Dr. Modupe Enitan Irele, said the Nigerian community in France had demonstrated high sense of responsibility, dedication and morality, adding that the large number of professionals had been encouraged to also contribute to the country’s development.

“Nigerians here are law abiding, peaceful and resourceful,’’ she said.

Dr. Irele said President Buhari’s commitment to change will make Nigeria the envy of other African countries.

The Nigerians in diaspora, who participated in the meeting, raised questions on education, inclusive elections, security infrastructure and the economy.

Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, a Senior Special Assistant on Diaspora Affairs, recently nominated Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the National Diaspora Commission, facilitated the meeting that was attended by Governor Willie Obiano, Aminu Masari and John Kayode Fayemi, of Anambra, Katsina and Ekiti states, and top government functionaries.

Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Mysteryque: 5:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Mysteryque: 5:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
We really need more input from him...fast.
Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by orisa37: 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
Your best must please the Poor, the Middle Class, the Elite, the 36 States, the 3Tiers of Government and Dangote & co.
Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Grayxme: 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
No doubt the President is doing so much with less funds. Considering the total number of roads and Railway Projects ongoing and completed by this administration as disclosed by the honorable minister of Power, works and Housing Earlier today in a press briefing, No doubt the president is trying his best to develop the country
Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Nnemuka(f): 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
Your Best is not enough, give way for others to do their best.
You've succeeded in making us the Poverty headquarters of the world, i mean reports shows that more than 80 million Nigerians are Living in abject poverty whereas your son uses a 50 million naira bike.

We do not understand your fight against corruption as it seems only the opposition are fought while you shield your own.

You aren't doing anything for the masses and so we ask you to go back to daura so that another candidate will restore our Economy.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by GoodofNaija: 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
We can feel d much you are doing that why we say enough is enough!

Na by force angry

1 Like

Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
Nnemuka:
Your Best is not enough, give way for others to do their best.
You've succeeded in making us the Poverty headquarters of the world, i mean reports shows that more than 80 million Nigerians are Living in abject poverty whereas your son uses a 50 million naira bike.

We do not understand your fight against corruption as it seems only the opposition are fought while you shield your own.

You aren't doing anything for the masses and so we ask you to go back to daura so that another candidate will restore our Economy.

N-Power is for the rich I guess
I also think the conditional cash transfer is for the wealthy.
Most likely the tradermoni (N10k) loan for petty traders is for the affluent.
The school feeding program must be for the children of the rich.
Maybe the road and railway being fixed are for those who own private jets.

It’s unfortunate we all have to share the same country by providence.

No wahala, we will prove once more to you lovers of evil and all that is bad that there are more sane Nigerians than insane ones. FeBuhari is around the corner.
Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Nnemuka(f): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
PassingShot:

N-Power is for the rich I guess
I also think the conditional cash transfer is for the wealthy.
Most likely the tradermoni (N10k) loan for petty traders is for the affluent.
The school feeding program must be for the children of the rich.
Maybe the road and railway being fixed are for those who own private jets.

It’s unfortunate we all have to share the same country by providence.

No wahala, we will prove once more to you lovers of evil and all that is bad that there are more sane Nigerians than insane ones. FeBuhari is around the corner.
Scam and propaganda

Tradermoni is for vote buying, one off payment of 10k for business grin

School feeding program?? The one APC claims to spend billions per day ? Common you and i know that is the biggest scam in the history of our country.

1 Like

Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by dollytino4real(f): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
ok, no vex sir do more
Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Cantonese: 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
Mysteryque:

“I am doing my best now to utilize our resources to develop the country. We are already getting results on road, rail and power.

“My frustration is that some people still have plenty stolen money stashed in Europe, U S and other countries”, said president Muhammadu Buhari.

Mr President said this during an interactive session with the Nigerian community in Paris. Buhari equally reiterated his commitment towards developing the educational sector.

He assured Nigerians to expect more investment in the sector, noting that allocations to the educational sector will be improved as revenue increases, describing the sector as a major engine for the development of any country.

“We are currently reviewing investments in the entire infrastructure of the country like road, rail and power, including investing more in education. We will certainly need to do more in education,’’ he said.

President Buhari enjoined Nigerian elites, both at home and diaspora, to do more in contributing to the educational sector of the country, expressing surprise that the elites tolerated the fall in standards and structures of educational institutions despite oil windfalls in the past that would have made all the difference.

“I am doing my best now to utilize our resources to develop the country,’’ he said. “ We are already getting results on road, rail and power. My frustration is that some people still have plenty stolen money stashed in Europe, U S and other countries.’’

President Buhari said return of stolen assets in some safe heavens will bolster the administration’s current effort of investing more in critical infrastructure that directly impact on the livelihood of Nigerians.

The President said the war against terrorism will be reinforced with new weapons and hardware for the military, while the challenge of abduction and kidnapping in some parts of the country will receive more attention with better gathering of intelligence.

“We campaigned on three key issues; security, improving the economy, and fighting corruption, and we have not been controverted by anyone that we have not recorded some results,’’ he added.

On Nigerians in diaspora participating in elections, the President said the population of citizens in various countries across the world already necessitate their inclusion to elect leaders, noting that it might not happen in the 2019 elections as INEC had been more focused on strengthening and consolidating on its achievements of conducting credible elections within the country.

The President said it could happen in future.

He added that the Nigerian constitution had taken into cognizance the need for representation in the political structures in order to ensure harmony and development, urging more people to pick interest in governance and quality representation.

In her remarks, Nigerian Ambassador to France, Dr. Modupe Enitan Irele, said the Nigerian community in France had demonstrated high sense of responsibility, dedication and morality, adding that the large number of professionals had been encouraged to also contribute to the country’s development.

“Nigerians here are law abiding, peaceful and resourceful,’’ she said.

Dr. Irele said President Buhari’s commitment to change will make Nigeria the envy of other African countries.

The Nigerians in diaspora, who participated in the meeting, raised questions on education, inclusive elections, security infrastructure and the economy.

Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, a Senior Special Assistant on Diaspora Affairs, recently nominated Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the National Diaspora Commission, facilitated the meeting that was attended by Governor Willie Obiano, Aminu Masari and John Kayode Fayemi, of Anambra, Katsina and Ekiti states, and top government functionaries.

That your best is the problem. If what we have witnessed so far is your best, then this country will not move forward. Please carry this your best to Daura and apply to the cows there. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Cantonese: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
Grayxme:
No doubt the President is doing so much with less funds. Considering the total number of roads and Railway Projects ongoing and completed by this administration as disclosed by the honorable minister of Power, works and Housing Earlier today in a press briefing, No doubt the president is trying his best to develop the country

How many of the rail and roads reach your local government and community?
Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Mysteryque: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2018
orisa37:
Your best must please the Poor, the Middle Class, the Elite, the 36 States, the 3Tiers of Government and Dangote & co.

True talk.

1 Like

Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Mysteryque: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2018
Grayxme:

I concur.
Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Ganduri: 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2018
Your best is as good as used toilet paper, cos its about appointing dead people, blaming past govts while. you fail woefully at fixing anything. The only thing you seem to do right is appointing your own people in power.
Re: I Am Doing My Best To Develop The Country, Says Buhari by Weaponx: 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Sokoto Deputy Governor Resigns / Enugu State Government Forcing Civil Servants In The State To Submit PVC / Leaked Video: How Impostors Smuggled Themselves Into Akwa Ibom State Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.