Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card (15279 Views)

EFCC Arrests 30-Year-Old For Defrauding Emir Of ₦33 Million / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V / Trader Moni: Two Million Nigerians To Get Collateral Free Loans In Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by MediaLife: 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
Mr Aliyu Aziz, Director-General of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), says 33 million Nigerians have enrolled for the National Identification Number (NIN).

Aziz said on Monday said that the commission had stepped up its strategy to fast-track the enrolment of more citizens and provide them with legal identification.

”NIMC has stepped up its operations, which has seen the enrolment figure with the unique National Identification Number (NIN) now at over 33 million, astronomically up from just seven million three years ago,” he said.

The Director-General said that the Federal Executive Council (FEC) had on Sept. 12, 2018 approved the immediate commencement of the implementation of a strategic roadmap for Digital Identity Ecosystem in Nigeria.

Aziz said that the step would further boost enrolment across the country, moreso as government had set the enforcement of the mandatory use of the NIN for Jan 1, 2019.

He said that the Digital Identity Ecosystem was a framework that leveraged on the existing capabilities and infrastructure of distinct government agencies and private sector organisations.

The Director-General said that the framework was to carry out enrolment of Nigerians and legal residents into the National Identity Database (NIDB).

Aziz said that the framework was to ensure issuance of digital identity, known as the NIN, to give Nigeria a credible and robust identity management system.
He said that the provision of digital identity to everyone in the country to be able to prove ‘who is who’ was critical to accessing services physically or electronically.

According to him, one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by the United Nations demands that nations provide legal identity for all including birth registration by the year 2030.
”From the above, it is very clear that identification plays an important role in enabling the achievement of other SDG targets, such as social protection, rights to economic resources, land and property, as well as universal health coverage,” he said.

https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/11/33m-nigerians-enroll-for-national-id.html

1 Like

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2018
It's been one year plus now since I enrolled and I am yet to get my card. Scam

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Chiefhaywhy(m): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
no. of registered people = 33 million
no. of cards issued = less than 300,000

well done NIMC

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Davidfash10000: 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
wink
Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
I'm proudly one of them

Nairaland should create a Beauty and Makeup thread , this is 2018 baby

EBB

1 Like

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Excelboi(m): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
I applied for this ID card since about 4-5yrs ago, up till this moment, no show.

40 Likes

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Nathdoug(m): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
I don do my own
Just waiting for the original make I use for bank things
Base on the Yahoo Yahoo matters
Since our government say them nor wan do industry make we take work

8 Likes

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by jaid23: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
Lol. Its been 2yrs now, and i haven't gotten d card.

1 Like

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Ifiokumo: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
EliteBeautyBlog:
Proudly one of them

Do you have a good hospital? Yet see you
Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by theoldpretender(m): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
ovadozes:

It has been 5 years since I enrolled...card no show.

9 Likes

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
cool

I understand that the opposition are already claiming that the ID will take years to be ready for use. But as part of my achievements, I promise to make the ID card process to be home delivery just like my WAEC result and everybody will have a chance to put a full size photo on their ID cards too, along with a customized name like the ones on some yoruba girls Facebook page.

~ProsidentBuhari

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Yankee101: 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
Can't we transform the National ID, BVN, and Voter's Card into one big database for crime prevention?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Eliteklaus(m): 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
APC go soon begin use this one campaign
Yeye people
Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by eTECTIV: 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
Ayam back... grin
Have dey given to those dat enrolled for over 5yrs now?? Why not take their time to issue out to ppl who are yet to collect den start a fresh enrolment all over again...

3 Likes

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Kreamie(m): 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
Over 4 years wey I register, I never hear pim undecided

1 Like

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by ednut1(m): 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
Nigeria is the only country where ur biometrics dey immigration,inec, bank, frsc, pencom, NCC etc. Something that can be easily shared and integrated. Bt billions have to be stolen on procurement of equipment. May God punish those who granted us independence

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
ovadozes:

Lol. I enrolled in 2016 grin grin

theoldpretender:

It has been 5 years since I enrolled...card no show.
Kreamie:
Over 4 years wey I register, I never hear pim undecided

I even get seniors grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by NigerDeltan(m): 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
useless parastatal

telling us people that enrolled instead how many card has been issued

If you privatize the printing of that card then you discover that all the cards can be printed in a month

1 Like

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by CodeTemplar: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
I havent done mine sha . . .
Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Flattino(m): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
The slip I got since 3 years ago is almost tearing already

3 Likes

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by dontro(m): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
Almost 2 years since I enrolled, no ID card issued
Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by jrupa(m): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
And I thought I was the only one suffering from this I'D issue cos I did mine since 2015.
Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
Those are the people in the rural areas, not noise makers online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by chicoMX(m): 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
ovadozes:
mine is 5 years now
Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by OlujobaSamuel: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2018
ovadozes:
dont be in a rush, mine na 5yrs and still counting, btw, bubu did his in 2015 and got it few months later, while we still dey count years

1 Like

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by dpete1: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2018
Highest Scam Of Life.. People Wey Enrol No Go See D Plastic Card For Another 10 Years

1 Like

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by ednut1(m): 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2018
post=72911812:
Those are the people in the rural areas, not noise makers online.
where ur shop dey
Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by pascal558(m): 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
who knw where i can get blue tilapia
Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by hahn(m): 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
ovadozes:

I and my wife enrolled in 2013 and we still haven't gotten ours undecided

7 Likes

Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by ojun50(m): 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
Useless people did my 3 years still yet to get it after returning to 9ja
Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by vosquare: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

Lol. I enrolled in 2016 grin grin

I even get seniors grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: 33 Million Nigerians Enroll For National ID Card by Wizklynd23(m): 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2018
NIMC or whatever is just a scam
I went to there office before they should register me, I have to pay N200, that its fuel money..
Nigeria is everyday getting corrupt
before I should even get the temporal one it took them a month +
its over 2 years now, I no see card..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update On Fuel Stations Selling Fuel In Lagos / Chris Nehikhare: PDP Isn't Not Responsible For Damaged Ize-Iyamu’s Billboards / El-Rufai: Lagos Has Been Fortunate To Have Visionary Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.