Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,448 members, 7,830,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Akeredolu Dissociate Self From Alleged Attack On Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Dissociate Self From Alleged Attack On Lawmakers (202 Views)

How We Spent N80m On Lawmakers’ Wives Dubai Trip — Lagos Speaker, Obasa / Alleged Attack On President Buhari In Kebbi: Contortionists At Work Again / Rep Unisa Speak On Lawmakers’ Move To Unseat Speaker Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akeredolu Dissociate Self From Alleged Attack On Lawmakers by Sanromeo(m): 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2018
Ondo State governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has disassociated himself from an alleged attack on some members of the Ondo State House of Assembly last Friday.

Former speaker of the House of Assembly and now Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Legislative Matters, Rt. Hon. Oluwasegunota Bolarinwa who spoke on behalf of the governor on a radio program on Adaba 88.9 fm, in Akure, the state capital said Governor Akeredolu was not aware of the whole incident that played out in the House of Assembly last Friday.

According to him, the Governor accosted him with a question immediately he (Bolarinwa) led some members of the House to the governor's office to see the governor.

He said "Immediately the governor sighted me, he asked" what's even wrong with you people in the house of Assembly, I heard you people fought, why?

"The governor was not just ignorance of the incident , he was totally in the dark. He received the news just like any other person on the street

"Mr. Governor was more interested in bringing together the two group and settle with them. Akeredolu is a man of peace. In fact, when he was asking them what exactly happened at the house, he specifically told the lawmakers," Please don't lie, tell me what actually happened, I want to hear the truth. "

The former speaker said Akeredolu is not given to violence and would not encourage such under any guise or circumstances.

He said the governor is a straight forward person who will not trample on the right of any individual or group. He described the allegation as baseless, untrue and unfounded.

The governor's aide disclosed that the governor will soon hold a reconciliation meeting with both groups with a view to providing lasting peace in the assembly.

(1) (Reply)

Akeredolu Disassociates Self From Alleged Attack On Lawmakers / I Plan To Reform The Health Sector – Oby Ezekwesili / We Are Ready To Develop Our Inland Waterways Says Gov. Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.