Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,770 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain (2470 Views)

Pls.pls.have You Experience These Symptoms Before ? Any Doctor In The House? / Any Doctor In The House... Pls Help A Brother / Any Doctor/nurse In The House? Your Attention Is Needed Asap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by MizJaY(f): 11:45pm On Nov 12, 2018
Hello doctors in d house, I didn't have bp issues all thru my pregnancy but developed it after my c section and since I put to bed I've been on drugs. My baby is 3 months and I'm still on it. Aldomet and nifedipine. They tried stopping d nifedipine and told me to be taking just aldomet 500mg twice daily when baby was 3 weeks but during my nxt appointment they said it rose to 130/80 hence I have to go back to taking nifedipine together with it. Haven't been having good rest cos of baby. I was told to do xray, ECG fbs urinalysis etc and d xray result said cardiomelagy mild 55%, and hypertensive cardiovascular changes. D rest results were good. I asked d doc that I saw today she reluctantly responded saying I will have to take d drugs for life. I'm just 33 years old is that diagnosis enough to decide that its chronic hypertension?
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by MizJaY(f): 2:34am On Nov 13, 2018
Hola
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by peteruuu(m): 6:07am On Nov 13, 2018
MizJaY:
Hello doctors in d house, I didn't have bp issues all thru my pregnancy but developed it after my c section and since I put to bed I've been on drugs. My baby is 3 months and I'm still on it. Aldomet and nifedipine. They tried stopping d nifedipine and told me to be taking just aldomet 500mg twice daily when baby was 3 weeks but during my nxt appointment they said it rose to 130/80 hence I have to go back to taking nifedipine together with it. Haven't been having good rest cos of baby. I was told to do xray, ECG fbs urinalysis etc and d xray result said cardiomelagy mild 55%, and hypertensive cardiovascular changes. D rest results were good. I asked d doc that I saw today she reluctantly responded saying I will have to take d drugs for life. I'm just 33 years old is that diagnosis enough to decide that its chronic hypertension?

Follow the medications ma.
The BP WHICH was 130/80 isn't that bad though.
You can go there later...or choose another good private hospital, the dosage of the drugs might be reviewed and you'll not have to take them like they say. And as time goes by, you 'May' even have to be breaking either nifedipine or aldomet into 2 equal size(depending on the BP readings though. The systolic and diastolic isn't that bad. I've attended to patient's with BP readings of 200/170, and now, they're doing alright with the medications.
Just use your drugs religiously.

You may even have to skip a day as time goes by(depending on your BP readings though).

1 Like

Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by MizJaY(f): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2018
peteruuu:

You can go there later...or choose another good private hospital, the dosage of the drugs might be reviewed and you'll not have to take them like they say. And as times go by, you 'May' even have to be breaking either nifedipine or aldomet into 2 equal size(depending on the BP readings though. The systolic and diastolic isn't that bad. I've attended to patient's with BP readings of 200/170, and now, they're doing alright with the medications.

You may even have to skip a day as times go by(depending on your BP readings though).

Alright Thanks doctor

1 Like

Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by peteruuu(m): 7:21am On Nov 13, 2018
MizJaY:

Alright Thanks doctor

Thank you too for thanking me smiley
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by Lawrittanneka68(f): 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
MizJaY:
If you need a permanent healing to that use these two products Omega and Cal- C -mag,it has no side effect,if interested whatsap or contact this number for more details: 08038220168

Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by MizJaY(f): 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2018
Lawrittanneka68:
If you need a permanent healing to that use these two products Omega and Cal- C -mag,it has no side effect,if interested whatsap or contact this number for more details: 08038220168

I'm already on drugs so I'll pass besides heard hypertension has no cure, u can only control it. I still believe mine isn't chronic and will normalize with time. I just went thru a lot after d c section, my body was finding it so difficult after d operation that's why I'm facing this bp issue
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by engrelvis(m): 6:31am On Nov 14, 2018
MizJaY:

I'm already on drugs so I'll pass besides heard hypertension has no cure, u can only control it. I still believe mine isn't chronic and will normalize with time. I just went thru a lot after d c section, my body was finding it so difficult after d operation that's why I'm facing this bp issue
d greatest medical scam doctors r dishing out everyday is dis bp stuff.d introduction of digital bp monitors is making people crazy n obsessive about bp numbers.ls now controlling their lifestyle.if u r passing through stress , fear or anxiety yr bp can rise.dat deos nt it won't come to its normal state.yes some people v chronic bp but in most cases if our doctors,pharm r nt patient enough to understand their patients before pumping dem with bp drugs.madam d trick is understanding yr body.buy a good validated digital bp monitor n study yr bp at home when u r relax.130/80 is nt a bad reading .l v an uncle dat his Bp shot up when he had problems with his left eye because of panic,fear n worry.d doctor was an Experienc doctor.he put on a low dosage bp drug .he was taking it every other day n drinking alot of water n exercises.after d eye operation his started coming down.he was taken off d bp medications.his bp numbers r still very alright after 3yrs.l repeat understand yr body.there is bp hospital in London.their speciality is handling bp issues.lf u visit there u will understand y I said Nigerian doctors r too much in hurry to label u an hypertensive patient!d test n what dey will do to u before concluding . there is ambulatory u will wear throughout d day to assess.make I stop here because am getting angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by engrelvis(m): 6:35am On Nov 14, 2018
MizJaY:

d greatest medical scam doctors r dishing out everyday in dis country is dis bp stuff.d introduction of digital bp monitors is making people crazy n obsessive about bp numbers.ls now controlling their lifestyle.if u r passing through stress , fear or anxiety yr bp can rise.dat deos nt mean it won't come to its normal state.yes some people v chronic bp but in most cases if our doctors,pharm r nt patient enough to understand their patients before pumping dem with bp drugs.madam d trick is understanding yr body.buy a good validated digital bp monitor n study yr bp at home when u r relax.130/80 is nt a bad reading .l v an uncle dat his Bp shot up when he had problems with his left eye because of panic,fear n worry.d doctor was an Experienc doctor.he put on a low dosage bp drug .he was taking it every other day n drinking alot of water n exercises.after d eye operation it started coming down.he was taken off d bp medications.his bp numbers r still very alright after 3yrs.l repeat understand yr body.there is dis bp hospital in London.their speciality is handling bp issues.lf u visit there u will understand y I said Nigerian doctors r too much in hurry to label u an hypertensive patient!d test n what dey will do to u before concluding . there is ambulatory u will wear throughout d day to assess.make I stop here because am getting angry
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by MizJaY(f): 7:10am On Nov 14, 2018
engrelvis:
d greatest medical scam doctors r dishing out everyday is dis bp stuff.d introduction of digital bp monitors is making people crazy n obsessive about bp numbers.ls now controlling their lifestyle.if u r passing through stress , fear or anxiety yr bp can rise.dat deos nt it won't come to its normal state.yes some people v chronic bp but in most cases if our doctors,pharm r nt patient enough to understand their patients before pumping dem with bp drugs.madam d trick is understanding yr body.buy a good validated digital bp monitor n study yr bp at home when u r relax.130/80 is nt a bad reading .l v an uncle dat his Bp shot up when he had problems with his left eye because of panic,fear n worry.d doctor was an Experienc doctor.he put on a low dosage bp drug .he was taking it every other day n drinking alot of water n exercises.after d eye operation his started coming down.he was taken off d bp medications.his bp numbers r still very alright after 3yrs.l repeat understand yr body.there is bp hospital in London.their speciality is handling bp issues.lf u visit there u will understand y I said Nigerian doctors r too much in hurry to label u an hypertensive patient!d test n what dey will do to u before concluding . there is ambulatory u will wear throughout d day to assess.make I stop here because am getting angry

Thank you very much for that exactly my thots too. D doctor just carelessly told me I will take d drugs for life when I had to be d one to ask her that why are they still recommending drugs for me. She was acting so tired and didn't even give me any explanation why I will keep taking d drugs dats why I had to ask and yet still without explanation, she just responded to me; u will take it for life. Well God forbid. I rejected it in my heart there and then. My last appointment 4 weeks back my bp was 120/80 i was on d drugs and this apptmt it was 110/80 while on d drugs too. They didnt even talk about tapering the dose for me to watch how i will respond And no one has told me about exercising and healthy lifestyle all they keep doing is packing bp drugs for me to be swallowing. That's why I wanted to know if the xray result is proof that d bp is chronic. Immediately I told my brother in d UK, he told me something similar to what u said about how hospitals in UK handle this bp issue diligently. And just like u,he was also very angry with Nigerian hospitals. Hmmm it is well. God help me. I wished I had d privilege to travel n take proper care of myself. I now see why our politicians use d country's money to travel abroad to seek medical attention. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by engrelvis(m): 7:33am On Nov 14, 2018
MizJaY:

Thank you very much for that exactly my thots too. D doctor just carelessly told me I will take d drugs for life when I had to be d one to ask her that why are they still recommending drugs for me. She was acting so tired and didn't even give me any explanation why I will keep taking d drugs dats why I had to ask and yet still without explanation, she just responded to me; u will take it for life. Well God forbid. I rejected it in my heart there and then. My last appointment 4 weeks back my bp was 120/80 i was on d drugs and this apptmt it was 110/80 while on d drugs too. They didnt even talk about tapering the dose for me to watch how i will respond And no one has told me about exercising and healthy lifestyle all they keep doing is packing bp drugs for me to be swallowing. That's why I wanted to know if the xray result is proof that d bp is chronic. Immediately I told my brother in d UK, he told me something similar to what u said about how hospitals in UK handle this bp issue diligently. And just like u,he was also very angry with Nigerian hospitals. Hmmm it is well. God help me. I wished I had d privilege to travel n take proper care of myself. I now see why our politicians use d country's money to travel abroad to seek medical attention. It is well
l personal visited d bp hospital in UK when I attended a wedding there.we dey play here my sister.there is another one in Germany.check yr cholesterol,ECG,kidney , sugar level.i want to believe u dnt smoke or drink alcohol excessively.my sister buy a validated digital monitor.it will give u a clear cut on how yr bp really looks like .dnt obsesse with it.
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by engrelvis(m): 7:39am On Nov 14, 2018
I dnt v issue with being diagnosed with bp but what I v issue with is giving me wrong diagnosis because u dnt know what you r doing.n den pumping me with drugs my body dnt need.since yr stylolic drop to 110 all dey v to do is to monitor it for d next few days n c.
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by MizJaY(f): 8:38am On Nov 14, 2018
engrelvis:
I dnt v issue with being diagnosed with bp but what I v issue with is giving me wrong diagnosis because u dnt know what you r doing.n den pumping me with drugs my body dnt need.since yr stylolic drop to 110 all dey v to do is to monitor it for d next few days n c.

Hmm monitor for few days? When they have given me appointment for mid january and packed drugs that will last till that time for me before i can see a doctor again. Maybe I will look for a good Private hospital or doctor to be seeing personally. This one I'm going to is a teaching hospital. D drugs cost around 9k plus see as e full nylon fear catch me, I don't smoke nor drink at all. Its just d c section I had that led to this cos I know I was so much afraid before, during and after d operation that they had to be beating beat down my bp during d c section self. And i later developed post natal depression cos of all i went thru. During my pregnancy before delivery, my bp never rose once.
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by engrelvis(m): 9:38am On Nov 14, 2018
MizJaY:

Hmm monitor for few days? When they have given me appointment for mid january and packed drugs that will last till that time for me before i can see a doctor again. Maybe I will look for a good Private hospital or doctor to be seeing personally. This one I'm going to is a teaching hospital. D drugs cost around 9k plus see as e full nylon fear catch me, I don't smoke nor drink at all. Its just d c section I had that led to this cos I know I was so much afraid before, during and after d operation that they had to be beating beat down my bp during d c section self. And i later developed post natal depression cos of all i went thru. During my pregnancy before delivery, my bp never rose once.
my sister go to another doctor or get a bp digital monitor dat has been validated . there r alotof psycho n 419ners on nl otherwise I would v given u my personal number.it was on my dp before.Doctors r nt God.d way dey discuss bp u will think u will drop dead d next minute.u will ask a doctor here medical question he will b "goggling" it on his laptop or phone.r yr parents hypertensive or diabetic?

1 Like

Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by engrelvis(m): 9:43am On Nov 14, 2018
Alot of people v high bp before operation out of fear n anxiety (life sweet abeg...lol). madam please please b sure of yr hypertensive state before u start pumping yrsef with bp drugs.take care n Godbless!

2 Likes

Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by MizJaY(f): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2018
[quote author=engrelvis post=72955770]Alot of people v high bp before operation out of fear n anxiety (life sweet abeg...lol). madam please please b sure of yr hypertensive state before u start pumping yrsef with bp drugs.take care n Godbless![/quote

Thank u for your time and responses. I will try to get the bp monitor this week and also get a personal doc to be seeing. Then healthy lifestyle as well. God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by 4godsake: 1:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
peteruuu:

Doctor peteruuu I am going through the same thing,the drugs I am taking have some nasty side effect and my BP flutuate alot. Is there a way I can reach you sir.

You can go there later...or choose another good private hospital, the dosage of the drugs might be reviewed and you'll not have to take them like they say. And as time goes by, you 'May' even have to be breaking either nifedipine or aldomet into 2 equal size(depending on the BP readings though. The systolic and diastolic isn't that bad. I've attended to patient's with BP readings of 200/170, and now, they're doing alright with the medications.

You may even have to skip a day as time goes by(depending on your BP readings though).
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by 4godsake: 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2018
Doctor peteruuu

I am going through the same thing,the drugs I am taking have some nasty side effects and my BP flutuate alot. Is there a way I can reach you sir.
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by peteruuu(m): 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2018
4godsake:
Doctor peteruuu

I am going through the same thing,the drugs I am taking have some nasty side effects and my BP flutuate alot. Is there a way I can reach you sir.
May I know the medications you've been taking?

And the 'nasty side effects' you stated in your comment?.
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by peteruuu(m): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2018
MizJaY:

God's healing hand be upon you in Jesus Christ Name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by engrelvis(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2018
[quote author=MizJaY post=72957380][/quote]OK.pls update me
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by MizJaY(f): 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2018
engrelvis:
OK.pls update me

I will. Thanks
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by MizJaY(f): 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2018
peteruuu:

God's healing hand be upon you in Jesus Christ Name. Amen.

Amen!! Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by 4godsake: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2018
Vaspprin, Lisinopril and Nipidefin, side efect are Headache,neck and ear pain.
peteruuu:

May I know the medications you've been taking?

And the 'nasty side effects' you stated in your comment?.
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by Funnyman: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
Op please do as you are told by the doctor, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You are hypertensive but it's not the end of life as long as you are followed up. Your XRAY results shows it. It didn't start recently, it is an accumulated thing. Africans are especially at risk for high bp and with our recent love for western style diet and lack of adequate healthy lifestyle due to our economic situations are the reasons we have many hypertensive people around.
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by engrelvis(m): 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2018
Funnyman:

Op please do as you are told by the doctor, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You are hypertensive but it's not the end of life as long as you are followed up. Your XRAY results shows it. It didn't start recently, it is an accumulated thing. Africans are especially at risk for high bp and with our recent love for western style diet and lack of adequate healthy lifestyle due to our economic situations are the reasons we have many hypertensive people around.
nobody is saying she should nt do what she was told by doctors.d issue here is making d right diagnosis.yr bp getting high before surgery deos nt necessarily mean u v bp.lt can b due anxiety n fear.ls now left for d doctor to understand d psychology of d patient patiently n dat my friend most Nigerian doctors dnt v.there is no big deal of being diagnose with bp.ls giving wrong diagnosis n pumping patient with unnecessary drugs dat make me angry.l v seen many of such cases here n is annoying .
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by 4godsake: 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2018
Doctor Peteruuu, I have been waiting to hear from you thanks.
4godsake:
Vaspprin, Lisinopril and Nipidefin, side efect are Headache,neck and ear pain.
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by engrelvis(m): 4:07pm On Nov 22, 2018
4godsake:
Doctor Peteruuu, I have been waiting to hear from you thanks.
I dnt believe all d drugs r given u nasty effects.maybe one particular one.amoldipine causes headaches for some people but asomex(improve version of almodipine does nt usually cause headaches). improve n modern version of hypertensive drugs r being churn out everyday with less side effects.meet a gud n experience doctor to advise u.everybody v different physiology.gud luck bro
Re: Please Any Doctor In The House Help Me Explain by may320: 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2018
engrelvis:
Alot of people v high bp before operation out of fear n anxiety (life sweet abeg...lol). madam please please b sure of yr hypertensive state before u start pumping yrsef with bp drugs.take care n Godbless!
I think I will agree with you here. Even after surgery, BP used to rise high but with the right treatment and drug prescription by a qualified doctor, it normalizes after a period of time.

(1) (Reply)

Early Menopause, Any Prevention Or Solution? / Please Advice Him, His Hair Turned Brown From Relaxer. / Male Or Female Sexual Health Issues? New Free 24/7 Live Chat Live With A Doctor!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.