Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,714 members, 7,851,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:30 PM

Another Nigerian Couple With White Child In Britain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Nigerian Couple With White Child In Britain (1595 Views)

Another 15-year Child In Kaduna Kidnapped And Forced Conversion To Islam / Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol / PHOTO: Another Nigerian Soldier Praying In Borno Before Attacking Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nigerian Couple With White Child In Britain by warrior01: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2010
ANOTHER case of a white child born to black parents has been reported. The child was also born to a Nigerian couple in Britain.

The fair-haired, green-eyed toddler is Emmanuel Ofor.   He was born to Ethelbertand  Nkemakonam Ofor, both from eastern part of the country.

Emmanuel  has two sisters, Afoma, six, and six-month-old Whitney, who are both black.

His baffled mum and dad have still not managed to find an explanation for the genetic mix-up three years after the youngster was born.

It comes after The Sun revealed, on Tuesday, how blonde, blue-eyed newborn Nmachi Ihegboro’s arrival had amazed black parents Ben and Angela who believe they have no white ancestry.

The baby girl is to undergo full genetic tests after doctors said the odds of her white colouring were “between many millions to one and a million to one.”

Reacting to Nmachi’s complexion, Professor Bryan Sykes, genetic expert at Oxford University in Britain, said: “Ths sounds a very unusual case. Quite extraordinary.

“All skin and eye colour are controlled by the pigment melanin.

“And there are about a dozen genes that control the amount or type of melanin.

“Even if there had been convergence of a pale version of the parents’ genes, there would have to be some form of white ancestry on both sides for the baby to look this way.

“As albinoism has been ruled out, it is more likely that there has been some other mutation that’s happened to produce this colouring.

“Without further tests, that is, in my opinion, the most rational explanation.”

Now Emmanuel  is also beginning to wonder why he looks different.

Emmanuel’s dad, Ethelbert, 43, said, on Wednesday: “It is something genetic but we don’t know what.

“Emmanuel has got to the age where he is questioning why he is white and his sisters are black.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/8673-another-nigerian-couple-with-white-child-in-britain

I believe in miracles but i wonder why this kind of "miracles" are only happening in white man's land.
Re: Another Nigerian Couple With White Child In Britain by bkbabe90(m): 9:58am On Jul 23, 2010
Another Ibo fake? embarassed
Re: Another Nigerian Couple With White Child In Britain by oderemo(m): 10:00am On Jul 23, 2010
Another Ibo fake?
cant you just resist this your pent up anger against igbo this, igbo that.
Re: Another Nigerian Couple With White Child In Britain by warrior01: 10:11am On Jul 23, 2010
my dear this one is not about igbo. it is a Nigerian miracle
Re: Another Nigerian Couple With White Child In Britain by Brownteeth(m): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2010
Is the child not an albino?
Re: Another Nigerian Couple With White Child In Britain by bkbabe90(m): 10:17am On Jul 23, 2010
ode remo:

cant you just resist this your pent up anger against  igbo this, igbo that.

I'm sorry!My bad! I aint mean it like that! Wut I meant to say is aint this shiyyyt kinda suspicious? Why are these "white" babies suddenly cropping up amongst only Ibo families? I mean, especially since we know the Ibo man's penchant to do anything for money, and his kidnapping abilities? U dig? It could either be a publicity stunt which they got paid 4, or they coulda just kidnapped the baby just to be able to boast at the annual Village square meeting that they were better than everyone else cus they got a white baby. . . . . and thus, should be made king!
Re: Another Nigerian Couple With White Child In Britain by CaptCavey(m): 10:20am On Jul 23, 2010
I bet some scientists are carrying out discreet experiments on black couples over there. . .hope we find out soon enough sha.

(1) (Reply)

Inec Chinese Firm: Chief Of Staff, Mike Oghiadomhe, 1st Lady Patience Jonathan I / Hon. Emeka Nwajiuba Shines At The 2011 Public Forum At Maria Assumpta Cathedral / Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.