Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:47 AM

The Vice President Of Nigeria Diminished My Passion For Art At ICC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Vice President Of Nigeria Diminished My Passion For Art At ICC (785 Views)

Outcry As University Of Uyo SUG Vice President Appoints 20 Special Advisers / The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) / LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Vice President Of Nigeria Diminished My Passion For Art At ICC by Tunadexy(m): 9:37am On Nov 13, 2018
Very energetic and optimistic I was, hearing that the man I so much respect would be coming to the international conference centre, University of Ibadan for a programme. The drive and anxiety to present my artwork to the vice president of Nigeria made me violently close the GES 101 textbook I was reading, while preparing for a test. After completing the drawing by 3:30am on Saturday, I impatiently closed my eyes on my bed, while I flashed back to the test I wrote the previous day without preparing well, just because of the drawing.
Getting to the school gate on Saturday morning, I discovered that day was a sanitation programme day and no car was moving. Driven by passion, I trekked to mokola, a one hour trek from UI gate just to get the drawing framed.
To cut the long story short, I got to ICC only to discover that I wasn't given the opportunity to formally present the drawing. Driven by passion again, I ran into the road with the drawing highly lifted for the vice president to see when he was leaving but I was sent out of the road by his entourage.
"I finally achieved my goal" was my thought when the vice president collected my drawing when he was about entering his car, but I will never forget his words "wow! this is nice" anytime I stare at the portrait in my room everyday. The vice President returned the drawing.
Ever since that moment, my best friend (my pencil) became my enemy.I don't know when next I'll hold my pencil.
Perhaps the drawing isn't nice

Re: The Vice President Of Nigeria Diminished My Passion For Art At ICC by Skengman: 9:41am On Nov 13, 2018
Pls help me understand this, so your passion for art is based on people’s approval? Nice drawing by the way.

1 Like

Re: The Vice President Of Nigeria Diminished My Passion For Art At ICC by Tunadexy(m): 9:45am On Nov 13, 2018
Skengman:
Pls help me understand this, so your passion for art is based on people’s approval? Nice drawing by the way.

Bro if Olamide's song isn't appreciated, it'll be like he sang rubbish
Re: The Vice President Of Nigeria Diminished My Passion For Art At ICC by Elthugnificent(m): 11:39am On Nov 13, 2018
Tunadexy:

Is the vice president an authority on art that you needed appreciation or some form of recognition from him?
I believe your motivation for even going through all that was because you are expecting some financial gain. He acknowledged the fact that your drawing is aiit, what else do you want? FYI you did a nice job, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Vice President Of Nigeria Diminished My Passion For Art At ICC by Skengman: 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
Tunadexy:

But it won’t stop him from singing. A lot of Nigerians don’t appreciate Efe Money’s song but my man is still doing his thing, doing what he has a passion for. Although it gives great joy when people appreciate your work, it pushes u to want to do more. You work is great whether Osibanjo likes it or not. He prolly thought him taking it would mean he would have to give u cash. But all the same, your hustle go pay.
Re: The Vice President Of Nigeria Diminished My Passion For Art At ICC by paulstrings(m): 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
Tunadexy, I just wish your pencil can possess a mind of its own and smack you in the head undecided

You just betrayed your passion with what you posted. I understand your disappointment but that shouldn't discourage you.
Your artwork is amazing, and I'm sure the VP wasn't in the right frame of mind to fully appreciate and give you all the accolades you deserve. Forgive him.

You can see this as a challenge and motivation to do greater things or you can just resign and whine like every basic person.

Don't give up, Better opportunities will come your way.

1 Like

Re: The Vice President Of Nigeria Diminished My Passion For Art At ICC by FlintGuevara(m): 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
The VP did nothing to your passion, your quest for approval (probably financial reward) and a few seconds in the limelight is what's making you ditch your talent. You are a fine artist, and would do yourself a world of good by picking up that pencil and angrily do a Pollock until the world stands still in recognition of your talent.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UNN To Confer ' Professor Emeritus ' On Prof Ibemesi / For Students Who Seek Financial Independence. / Five Fully Funded Scholarships In Canada 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.