Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819755 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by connectgt: 8:45am On Feb 06, 2019
Yes, it is true. Ask them in Abuja there if they can accept the application and send to lagos on your behalf. I submitted mine in Port Harcourt Zonal office and they sent it to Lagos on my behalf. I monitored the progress through my contact in PH office until it was done and the verification sent to WES from Lagos.

Amandacanny:
Good morning guys. Plz I need help ooo before hubby changes his mind again. Waec said they won't attend to hubby from Abuja as all documents to WES are sent from Lagos.( is this true). Plz apart from WES, which other evaluating body accepts statement of result. I emailed ICES and they said he must wait to be issued his certificate and I don't see this coming soon. Plz ur advice is highly needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rosheedah(f): 9:01am On Feb 06, 2019
youngRx:
Oya oooo...you people should gather round. It's my turn to testify. I've been reading people's testimony since part 3, now it's my turn grin

God has finally freed me from the shackles of IELTS (shudders at the mention of that test) after 3 attempts.

As a pharmacist, I've written extremely difficult exams
in pharmacy school and passed them all. Never have i imagined I'll be humbled by an examination in my lifetime.

Actually started preparation very early, around june, cause i wanted to "blast the test in one sitting ". Started with listening and was doing excellently in all my practices. I however concentrated more on writing, since almost all the 6.5 I've been seeing on this thread has always been on writing. Registered for November 10th with MOD after almost 5 months of practice, so you understand how high my confidence was. Well.....

1st attempt: LRSW 7,6.5,7.5,7.5.

The 7 in Listening was understandable cos somehow, mysteriously, i just panicked in the middle of the listening test and couldn't follow the conversation. There was this sudden urge to get all the answers right that made me panicked.

Reading, however, was a shock. shocked i could have sworn I'll get a 9 in it. If not for the listening score, i would have reqiested for a remark.

Surprisingly, writing turned out better than i had expected.

Well, i shook that one off and registered for the next one, this time with intense focus on listening.

2nd attempt, MOD, LRSW 7.5, 9, 8, 7.

this time i was completely devastated cos i was very sure of, at least, an 8 in the listening. I followed every part of the conversation and was totally calm throughout the test. This one so angered me that i applied for a remark. Still awaiting the outcome though. My 46k must return to me cheesy

I gathered all my life's savings and registered for the 3rd time. It was hell surviving without a single penny. By this time i was so used to the listening tests in the Cambridge series that i could predict the answers. So i delved into youtube and Practised all the tests i could download.
Went for the exam and....

3rd attempt: MOD, 19/1/19 LRSW 9,7.5,7.5,7.

Funny enough, during the test, the same panic that came over me in the first attempt came again, but this time, i heard the answers, just that i wasn't following the conversation the way i should, so i wasn't sure of about 7 answers. After the test i gave up, & started thinking of how I'll raise the money for the next attempt.

Later in the evening, i decided to visit the IELTS chat room on telegram where the answers are usually discussed after a test. Infact i almost had a heart attack when over 6 answers i wrote did not match what majority were sharing. To make matters worse, the majority were unanimous about the answers.
Well, since i got a 9 in my listening, i guess i was the only one that got the correct answers among the bunch then. cheesy

ECA: was completed since December with PEBC. Thanks to baba Salford1 who came to my rescue at the dying minute. God bless you sir.
Current CRS score sits at 450.

POF: Absolutely no hope for this one yet. Just going blindingly on. But I'll rather get that ITA then decline it for lack of funds than sit idly by while this rare opportunity passes by. At least, in years to come, when my children ask why i didnt migrate when everyone was doing so, I'll show them my ITA as proof that i did tried my best to give them a better life.

Thanks to @Bellniki and @Reemefolaks for their wonderful support especially at those times when it mattered most.

I think I am now a banafide member of this thread cheesy and will be open to any questions about the process, especially for Pharmacists.
I hope to do a detailed breakdown of the ECA steps with PEBC too so others can learn.

And as for those of you who think this testimony is trivial, i used to think like you: "is it not just IELTS?". well, here we are after 3 humiliating attempts.
may you never experience this nightmare of multiple IELTS attempt. grin

I know many are still battling with the test, don't give up please. Keep pushing, and the next one will be definitely yours. Last last, it will end in praise for all of us.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rosheedah(f): 9:09am On Feb 06, 2019
youngRx:
Oya oooo...you people should gather round. It's my turn to testify. I've been reading people's testimony since part 3, now it's my turn grin

God has finally freed me from the shackles of IELTS (shudders at the mention of that test) after 3 attempts.

As a pharmacist, I've written extremely difficult exams
in pharmacy school and passed them all. Never have i imagined I'll be humbled by an examination in my lifetime.

Actually started preparation very early, around june, cause i wanted to "blast the test in one sitting ". Started with listening and was doing excellently in all my practices. I however concentrated more on writing, since almost all the 6.5 I've been seeing on this thread has always been on writing. Registered for November 10th with MOD after almost 5 months of practice, so you understand how high my confidence was. Well.....

1st attempt: LRSW 7,6.5,7.5,7.5.

The 7 in Listening was understandable cos somehow, mysteriously, i just panicked in the middle of the listening test and couldn't follow the conversation. There was this sudden urge to get all the answers right that made me panicked.

Reading, however, was a shock. shocked i could have sworn I'll get a 9 in it. If not for the listening score, i would have reqiested for a remark.

Surprisingly, writing turned out better than i had expected.

Well, i shook that one off and registered for the next one, this time with intense focus on listening.

2nd attempt, MOD, LRSW 7.5, 9, 8, 7.

this time i was completely devastated cos i was very sure of, at least, an 8 in the listening. I followed every part of the conversation and was totally calm throughout the test. This one so angered me that i applied for a remark. Still awaiting the outcome though. My 46k must return to me cheesy

I gathered all my life's savings and registered for the 3rd time. It was hell surviving without a single penny. By this time i was so used to the listening tests in the Cambridge series that i could predict the answers. So i delved into youtube and Practised all the tests i could download.
Went for the exam and....

3rd attempt: MOD, 19/1/19 LRSW 9,7.5,7.5,7.

Funny enough, during the test, the same panic that came over me in the first attempt came again, but this time, i heard the answers, just that i wasn't following the conversation the way i should, so i wasn't sure of about 7 answers. After the test i gave up, & started thinking of how I'll raise the money for the next attempt.

Later in the evening, i decided to visit the IELTS chat room on telegram where the answers are usually discussed after a test. Infact i almost had a heart attack when over 6 answers i wrote did not match what majority were sharing. To make matters worse, the majority were unanimous about the answers.
Well, since i got a 9 in my listening, i guess i was the only one that got the correct answers among the bunch then. cheesy

ECA: was completed since December with PEBC. Thanks to baba Salford1 who came to my rescue at the dying minute. God bless you sir.
Current CRS score sits at 450.

POF: Absolutely no hope for this one yet. Just going blindingly on. But I'll rather get that ITA then decline it for lack of funds than sit idly by while this rare opportunity passes by. At least, in years to come, when my children ask why i didnt migrate when everyone was doing so, I'll show them my ITA as proof that i did tried my best to give them a better life.

Thanks to @Bellniki and @Reemefolaks for their wonderful support especially at those times when it mattered most.

I think I am now a banafide member of this thread cheesy and will be open to any questions about the process, especially for Pharmacists.
I hope to do a detailed breakdown of the ECA steps with PEBC too so others can learn.

And as for those of you who think this testimony is trivial, i used to think like you: "is it not just IELTS?". well, here we are after 3 humiliating attempts.
may you never experience this nightmare of multiple IELTS attempt. grin

I know many are still battling with the test, don't give up please. Keep pushing, and the next one will be definitely yours. Last last, it will end in praise for all of us.

Hi Youngrx, I’m damn happy for you. I palpitate at the thought of IELTS o...infact I don’t have the courage to attempt it yet lol ....pls help a sister....did you have to wait for your pebc no before sending your docs to them?
Thanks @youngRx
PS: I admire your determination...we die here!!! cheesycheesy grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 9:33am On Feb 06, 2019
Hi. For sure, you need a gift deed to explain the lump sum of 3 million deposited into your account by your Dad. Better safe than sorry.

phemocheee:

I'm aware that for a family of 3, POF is about 6million. I had about 3 to 4million as my savings while I received another 3million from my Dad about seven months ago. That means a total of about 7million has been sitting in my account for up to seven months.

Now to my question, do I need to do gift of deed to explain the 3 million I received 7months ago or should I just print my statement of account since the total required funds has been in my account for more than 6 months?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tosaned: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2019
Congratulations @fyorgyn, @barryston, @dane15, @chibuiked, @BoboIV. I celebrate with you guys. Go and Prosper in Canada!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chibuiked(m): 9:58am On Feb 06, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Ayam lewking atchu with side eyes....
If not for your queshon, you didn't want to share your timeline abi?
Now to the matter;
You can mail your passport and COPR pics to her and let her submit. Or you can wait for the response to her mail.

Now come and drop the full gist to avoid getting a minus score angry
Until then, manage this ceramic shekere grin
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

grin grin cheesy
Ayam finished wink Ify you have go & come & catch me.
I go sure drop the full gist today.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Pepperb: 9:58am On Feb 06, 2019
Ifeoma77:
Ojigbijigbi!!!!!! Issa PPR rain!!!!!!!
Let me go and call my tambourine dancers
Wow wow wow!!!!!! Dis is d post I v been waiting for!!!!! Congratulations ifeoma, so so happy for you. Its long overdue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amy12345: 10:04am On Feb 06, 2019
Good morning guys. Please I studied Biochemistry (Bsc) but my work experience has been 2years in sales and 2 years in the bank. Can I write 2 or more NOC on my express entry profile ?
If no,which should i write

Also please what's the ideal fund for a single applicant. I got an ineligibility mail yesterday. I don't want to repeat my mistakes again.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2019
Pepperb:

Wow wow wow!!!!!! Dis is d post I v been waiting for!!!!! Congratulations ifeoma, so so happy for you. Its long overdue

grin grin grin
Ifeoma's confusion game is strong, she has always succeeded in confusing people for ages. Before it was her gender, now it's this. grin

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by phemocheee(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2019
Thanks bro
Topsmamen:
Hi. For sure, you need a gift deed to explain the lump sum of 3 million deposited into your account by your Dad. Better safe than sorry.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amandacanny: 10:15am On Feb 06, 2019
Thank you dear. I must succeed in this journey. Abuja office is not ready to assist at all.
connectgt:
Yes, it is true. Ask them in Abuja there if they can accept the application and send to lagos on your behalf. I submitted mine in Port Harcourt Zonal office and they sent it to Lagos on my behalf. I monitored the progress through my contact in PH office until it was done and the verification sent to WES from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amandacanny: 10:16am On Feb 06, 2019
Oga plz check your email. Thanks
ontarioissauga:

Chat me up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amandacanny: 10:18am On Feb 06, 2019
Thank you Ify. Always coming to the rescue
Ifeoma77:

Yes it's true, you can only do it in Lagos. Get someone in Lagos to do it for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by youngRx(m): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2019
Rosheedah:

Hi Youngrx, I’m damn happy for you. I palpitate at the thought of IELTS o...infact I don’t have the courage to attempt it yet lol ....pls help a sister....did you have to wait for your pebc no before sending your docs to them?
Thanks @youngRx
PS: I admire your determination...we die here!!! cheesycheesy grin

Lolz, my dear, no be small thing o.

Abt the PEBC number, actually got mine mailed to me about 6 days after payment, and by then i hvnt sent in my application yet. But i think i read somwhere on their website that you can submit without it.

Abt the IELTS...Jst relax, prepare very hard and pray, and you'll ace it.
After all we survived all those nerve-cracking pharmchem exams didn't we?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amandacanny: 10:24am On Feb 06, 2019
Thanks dear. I wish there is another evaluating body that can accept his degree statement of result. I wouldn't be having this Wes waec wahala. Has anyone been able to use statement of result for CES or IQAS?
JuneFirst:
If it's for WAEC, they will accept online statement of result. That it the one you check from WAEC portal and print out. That's what I used for my husband's submission. And YES, it can only be done at WAEC office in Lagos.

If you can, do this for him, or get someone in Lagos to do so on his behalf. It's allowed.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rosheedah(f): 10:43am On Feb 06, 2019
youngRx:

Lolz, my dear, no be small thing o.

Abt the PEBC number, actually got mine mailed to me about 6 days after payment, and by then i hvnt sent in my application yet. But i think i read somwhere on their website that you can submit without it.

Abt the IELTS...Jst relax, prepare very hard and pray, and you'll ace it.
After all we survived all those nerve-cracking pharmchem exams didn't we?

Lol cheesy Yeah we did o...oshey!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by youngRx(m): 11:03am On Feb 06, 2019
Rosheedah:

Lol cheesy Yeah we did o...oshey!

Jst checked the site now....the PEBC ID is only necessary if u want to apply for the evaluation EXAM. So you good to go

https://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/2464/la_id/1.htm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by abyejecks: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2019
Amandacanny:
Thanks dear. I wish there is another evaluating body that can accept his degree statement of result. I wouldn't be having this Wes waec wahala. Has anyone been able to use statement of result for CES or IQAS?
I sent my statement of result from unilag though it is done online like transcript to Ices. A fellow nairalander confirmed that his wife's eca was completed using statement of result from Ices. he emphasized that it was sent directly from the school to Ices like transcript. Another lady confirmed that she uploaded her statement to Ices still waiting for her report.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zohan101: 11:05am On Feb 06, 2019
Big Congratulations to you and your family. grin grin
Please i would like to know how you addressed your Work reference letter and POF letter. I mean the office you addressed both letters to.Thank you
Barryston:
ALHAMDULILAH ROBBIL ALAAMIN!!!!!!!!!!!

TIMELINE
I sat for IELTS 4 TIMES and on numerous occasions I thought of giving up for so many reasons for people like me who resides in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State…you either travel to Calabar or Ph to write IELTS it was never easy for me…but I was pushed by @bronze25 to keep trying..

1st IELTS; L.6.5,R.7.0,W.6.5,S.7.5
2ND IELTS; L.6.0,R.6.5,W.6.5,S7.0
3RD IELTS;L.7.5,6.5,W.7.5,S.7.0 (at this point I was going crazy…I even lost it a night to the 4th exam…)
4th IELTS; L.8.0,R.7.0,W.7.5,S.7.5
Then CRS stood at 462 at this point and the round of draws on the 15th of November 2018 was 449 (Naso ITA no drop on time…my wife was almost crying and she didn’t eat until when ITA dropped around 9.30pm)

ITA- NOV 15,2018
AOR- DEC 8TH 2018
MED/BIO NOTIFICATION- JAN 17TH
GHOST UPDATE- JAN 18TH
RPRF REQUEST- FEB 1ST and I paid on FEB 2ND
PPR MAIL- FEB 5TH at around 1.35am
Family size is 3, and my Visa office was in Ottawa.

My story was a funny one because I have been struggling since I graduated from Law school, my first salary as a legal practitioner was 10k (this was not even constant…sometimes I get January salary in March…my mother was the one sending me pocket money every month)…I was deeply in love with my University gf..same age,same class and same birth date…and we dated for 8yearsssss but when it seems I cant give her the life she wants and I really cant blame her….life was so bleak to me too..infact I only had one suit..she got a job in Lag and I was still earning 10k in Ibadan…so we grew apart but because I loved her I left my firm not knowing what Lagos hold for me….and started distributing my CV in Ikeja firms, went to all the Law firms in Western House and took me so many months before I could get a law firm that offered me 50k (also this was not constant as the man just started the firm and was in the process of building his client base but I was determined to make it in Lag).
When I don’t feel comfortable with the Lagos stress and the money does not commensurate with the stress and traffic (Mind you…I was born and bred in Ibadan so that Lagos life is what I never prayed for againnnnnnnnn) I decided to apply for US visa to run away and never look back but for where? Agent nearly killed me….he didn’t ask for vital information just filled rubbish..my education history was wrongly mentioned,he said I should claim married when at that time the girlfriend I left Ibadan for had not seen me in 4months, and to top it all the purpose of visit is to “attend my friends babby shower” I just knew I can never get that visa but he has been successful wit a lot of people and he was well recommended…so I attended the interview but the VO didn’t spend up to 3mins before he handled the blue paper to me….i wanted to cry but I continued with my life.
So everything started changing for me when I met my wife, she was in her final years when I met her and I swear when I first saw her I told her I want to marry you….she looked at me like a mad man,although I was still earning meagre salary at my law firm but within 3weeks of accepting my offer to date me(I am a very fine boy I just don’t have money at the time) she later told me she has been highing me too since the day she saw me and that infact 2 of her friends were interested in me….so within a period of 3 weeks of accepting my offer….i got my current job and the salary is something I never expected in my life!.....A Chinese company and my salary is times 8 of what I was earning in Lag….i fainted oooooo no be lie…it was when I got my first alert that it dawn on me that its real…..then I told my wife that I want to marry (ara baba ti kun) she was like my parents wont agree,they want me to do my masters in US….i was like I cant wait any longer,let me meet them and I will convince them….so she agreed that she should talk to her parents first and then hear there reactions…..naso everything finalize ooo…..the father only asked “is that what you want?” but the mother didn’t agree oooo until after 7months…even before she agreed to the nikkah date na war but now she is the happiest and mama dey always ask for the videos of her grandson….infact her nickname in her school is youngest grandmama because my mother-in-law is still sexy ooooo.
So I continued with my life, money kept flowing in and I have no reason to leave Naija…then my company kept sacking people for no reason,the project stopped coming in and my salary has been slashed 3times..but still it is still better than going back to law firm where they used you anyhow and yet get paid by peanuts….so I travelled home in my car in Dec 2017, and as I got to Benin…I had an accident my engine burst into two….i first had brake failure and then noticed that a lot of people were stranded on the road between Benin to Ore in Ondo state….i later heard that it’s a very common practice by the towing vehicle association on that road to pour some jazz during the festive period just to tow your vehicle to nearby mechanic shop…because there are so many vehicles and stranded passengers on that day with problem ranging from radiator,engine knock, tire getting bursted and accidents….the towing vehicle I saw agreed to tow my vehicle to a village for 100k…just few kilometres away and right there that I got tired of Nigeria….i saw people who have spent 4days on the road, I met a guy who just bought his car and was using it for Uber in Lagos…he bought two engines within 3days….and I was like if this notion is true why do we hate ourselves in this country…why would you make life difficult for your fellow countrymen just because you want to make money….so I paid just for my car to be safe, logged in a motel (my God, there was bed bug on the bed, tanwindin in the toilet and it was amosquitoe infested area) couldn’t sleep overnight….so when I got the car to Abeokuta thanks to my brother-in-law who brought a mechanic and drove down to Benin to tow the car…we started gisting and told him my ordeal he even spent over 5hrs in traffic because the road was so busy that day (24th of Dec 2017) so he was just mentioning developed country…talking about different means of transportation during holiday periods and how those people make life easy for their citizens, so he adviced me to apply to Canadian Universities because it was the easiest route(this was his belief that time) naso I started applying to various schools oooo….. TRU,Royal Castle University,Saskachewan,UBC,Winnipeg ….all the schools that was still open for admission not even thinking of my car (because I was to buy another engine) by January I was so broke that the last 15k was used to fuel my car….my wife and son had to follow me on road back to Uyo (I am always scared to fly so they always go by air while I go by road) and my son was just barely 3months then…infact I was just praying for us to have a smooth journey…and you know as January dey long…..how I survived Jan 2018 is unknown to me…..i was just entering keke up and down because my son needs comes first and I am just a salary earner with wife not working…then the wait for the schools to give me admission started….thats when for the first time in my life I joined Nairaland..started asking questions on the Student visa forum thinking atleast one of the school will give me admission………LOL I thought wrong,none of them give me admission! At this point, I have became close to @bronze25, we were both chasing Sasckatchewan LLM admission so when we were rejected, I was telling her that I will try again later(because I always thought school route is my best shot at entering Canada)..then I received my best advice from @bronze25 to apply for EE…I told her its an herculean task that someone introduced it to me in 2015 but everything involved seems like Greek to me….then she broke it down piece by piece to me and t[introduced me to this wonderful family…..and the rest is history.
I joined this e-family in part 3 or 4….and I posted my first question in March….the first person that took his time to respond to me step by step was @Mcstan….I can never forget…then everybody became helpful and the whole process became my Quran that I read everytime,everyday and everywhere until I became fully abreast with the whole process that I am graudually turning into an agent.

ECA
I did my ECA with IQAS, and my wife’s own with WES….it was pretty straightforward and it both came out as fast as possible…..i had a link at OAU transcript office so he helped facilitate it on time. This was before the WAEC buhahaa.
IELTS
This was a struggle on its own…me and wify was thinking it would be walk in the park, but we thought wrong her ielts was L.6.0,R.9.0,W.6.5,S7.0…she only did once and as the PA I only needed 8777 for us to beat the CRS Score at the time but……..i even thought I will never pass IELTS. I travelled to another states to sit for all the four exams…the last one was done in Lagos….i was going nut a night to the exam…I was so angry that I didn’t pick my wife’s call…I really don’t know what came over me that day…even my confidant that night said there was a tone she doesn’t understand….and @bronze25 really helped me in my writing…she just wanted me to succed…and my prayers for you is that your PPR will come before April…nobody has never had faith in me like you did, she just kept pushing me….she is a friend everyone should pray for….and funny thing about it is that we saw for the very first time on Jan 22 when I came to Lag for my biometrics.
POF
I only submitted my payslips(I am always paid in cheque) so I submitted one year cheque DEC 2017 to Dec 2018 and my sister gave me 3M….this has been in my account since June last year untouched (but I still did gift deed because they can ask for 1year salary statement) I didn’t do any money market fund….i just left all the money in my account.
MEDICALS
I was contemplating on IOM when my friend of 10 years @beeodun came through for a swap in Qlife…..i didn’t know it was my friend that was helping me out until we exchanged names to forward a message to Qlife then what followed was a story for another day….thanks dear for that kind gesture your PPR is soon.
I want to thank everybody @joo2018 @mcstan @ifeoma77 and everyone who has been of great help to this forum…I pray we all receive the goodnews soon….May God continue to bless each and everyone!

And in the voice of my brother @TEECANN “I HAS ENDED IN PRAISE AND IT WILL ALL END IN PRAISE FOR EVERYBODY READING THIS TESTIMONY” AAMEEN IN SHA ALLAH
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amandacanny: 11:11am On Feb 06, 2019
This is good news to me. You just made my day. Thank you so much
abyejecks:

I sent my statement of result from unilag though it is done online like transcript to Ices. A fellow nairalander confirmed that his wife's eca was completed using statement of result from Ices. he emphasized that it was sent directly from the school to Ices like transcript. Another lady confirmed that she uploaded her statement to Ices still waiting for her report.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rosheedah(f): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2019
youngRx:

Jst checked the site now....the PEBC ID is only necessary if u want to apply for the evaluation EXAM. So you good to go

https://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/2464/la_id/1.htm

Ohh great! God bless you bro....can I private chat you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by akaytos: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2019
Good morning,

Please i want to make an inquiry as regards WES, am i send obtain my transcript from the institutions i attended and send to them seperately or i get them all i send in 1 envelope, also not forgetting the scratch card for secondary school.

Kindly help please.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by COPR: 11:38am On Feb 06, 2019
Amandacanny:
Good morning guys. Plz I need help ooo before hubby changes his mind again. Waec said they won't attend to hubby from Abuja as all documents to WES are sent from Lagos.( is this true). Plz apart from WES, which other evaluating body accepts statement of result. I emailed ICES and they said he must wait to be issued his certificate and I don't see this coming soon. Plz ur advice is highly needed.

ICES accepts statement of result if it is sent by the shool. So ask your school to send the statement of result together with the transcript. Or ask someone living in Lagos to help you go to WAEC and process it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by abakiki(f): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2019
PPR don show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To all my AVO brethren, I dedicate this PPR to you!!!

One thing I have learnt in this PR journey is that procrastination is very costly. Just do it now!!

A brief summary of my timeline:
Category: FSW (PNP)
AOR: May 31, 2018
IP2: Jan 17, 2019
PPR: Feb 06, 2019 @ 9:58am
VO: Accra

Full details below:

ECA & IELTS
I started this journey in 2017, the year when scores dipped to 419. After checking my scores via CRS calculator online and coming to 437, I started the ECA process in May 2017. The plan was to evaluate my B.Sc and Master degree with IQAS. Unfortunately, I did not know then that you could evaluate only the Master degree. I requested for my Master degree transcript and it got to IQAS in about three weeks but my Bsc transcript took almost 5 months to get to IQAS (that one na another long story. ASUU strike et al). I saw IQAS go from processing files in less than a month , to almost 3 months while I was still waiting for Bsc to get there. Anyways, I finally got my ECA finalized in Jan 2018. In the meantime, while I waited for my credentials to be evaluated, I prepared and wrote the IELTS exam in September 2017 and aced it the first time. By the time my ECA and IELTS were ready for me to create an online profile in Jan 2018, scores had soared. 437 was no longer enough to get me a direct ITA.

Nomination from Ontario:
As God would have it, I got NOI from Ontario in Feb 2018. Less than one week after I received the NOI, I celebrated my Birthday and my score went down to 432. I nearly refused the NOI from Ontario cos I believed scores would come down in 2018 and I wasn't willing to spend cad $1,500 for the processing fee. Thank God I listened to sound advise and accepted. I got nomination from Ontario in May 2018 and got ITA in the next draw. The required docs for submission were already available as the same docs were used for OINP. I submitted my application May 31, 2018.

Post ITA:
Am an HR professional and since my destination is Ontario, I wrote to the HR governing body (HRPA) and started the process of getting certified while I waited for PPR. Never knew I would finish the whole process and PPR would still not have come, all thanks to AVO. I had to write series of exams in Accra as the HR exams are not written here in Nigeria. I wrote the first exam in Nov 2018, passed and was cleared to write the final exam in Jan 2019 (I am awaiting the result). It was a great distraction as AVO no just send us at all. We all know the AVO story so will not bore you. Anyways, After more than 8 months of waiting I saw my file move to IP2 on 17 Jan, 2019 and PPR came Feb 06, 2019.

To everyone still waiting for their files to be approved and especially to AVO members, hold on, It's on the way.

God Bless!

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FirstTImeUser: 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
abakiki:
PPR don show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To all my AVO brethren, I dedicate this PPR to you!!!

One thing I have learnt in this PR journey is that procrastination is very costly. Just do it now!!

Full details below:

ECA & IELTS
I started this journey in 2017, the year when scores dipped to 419. After checking my scores via CRS calculator online and coming to 437, I started the ECA process in May 2017. The plan was to evaluate my B.Sc and Master degree with IQAS. Unfortunately, I did not know then that you could evaluate only the Master degree. I requested for my Master degree transcript and it got to IQAS in about three weeks but my Bsc transcript took almost 5 months to get to IQAS (that one na another long story. ASUU strike et al). I saw IQAS go from processing files in less than a month , to almost 3 months while I was still waiting for Bsc to get there. Anyways, I finally got my ECA finalized in Jan 2018. In the meantime, while I waited for my credentials to be evaluated, I prepared and wrote the IELTS exam in September 2017 and aced it the first time. By the time my ECA and IELTS were ready for me to create an online profile in Jan 2018, scores had soared. 437 was no longer enough to get me a direct ITA.

Nomination from Ontario:
As God would have it, I got NOI from Ontario in Feb 2018. Less than one week after I received the NOI, I celebrated my Birthday and my score went down to 434. I nearly refused the NOI from Ontario cos I believed scores would come down in 2018 and I wasn't willing to spend cad $1,500 for the processing fee. Thank God I listened to sound advise and accepted. I got nomination from Ontario in May 2018 and got ITA in the next draw. The required docs for submission were already available as the same docs were used for OINP. I submitted my application May 31, 2018.

Post ITA:
Am an HR professional and since my destination is Ontario, I wrote to the HR governing body (HRPA) and started the process of getting certified while I waited for PPR. Never knew I would finish the whole process and PPR would still not have come, all thanks to AVO. I had to write series of exams in Accra as the HR exams are not written here in Nigeria. I wrote the first exam in Nov 2018, passed and was cleared to write the final exam in Jan 2019 (I am awaiting the result). It was a great distraction as AVO no just send us at all. We all know the AVO story so will not bore you. Anyways, After more than 8 months of waiting I saw my file move to IP2 on 17 Jan, 2019 and PPR came Feb 06, 2019.

To everyone still waiting for their files to be approved and especially to AVO members, hold on, It's on the way.

God Bless!

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by adenikeO: 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
I went to Waec office in Yaba on the 28th of January to process my result to be sent to WES, and I just got a tracking number today stating that it will be delivered on 8th of February which is on Friday. That's not even up to two weeks, there's no hassle at all and the process is quite easy.
Blooit004:

The idea that WES is a difficult body to use because of WAEC is not true. I evaluated with WES, sent everything requested for, WAEC inclusive and my evaluation was completed exactly 2weeks after all my credentials had been verified; 6weeks in total from the date they received my documents, could have been shorter had my school verified me faster.

It is not difficult getting WAEC to send your result. Go to WAEC office at Yaba with 2passport photographs, a photocopy of your waec result, a sworn affidavit that the result is yours, one waec scratch card, 2 envelopes and 20k cash. You don't need connections there, WAEC will send your result and verify you. God's best.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amandacanny: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
Thank you sir/ma. Spirit lifted. We shall succeed
COPR:

ICES accepts statement of result if it is sent by the shool. So ask your school to send the statement of result together with the transcript. Or ask someone living in Lagos to help you go to WAEC and process it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2019
Both, BSc for me and MSc for hubby

adeptonlin:
Undergraduate or postgraduate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 12:18pm On Feb 06, 2019
Wow!!! COngratulations oooo

Accra has finally started releasing people ooo

We thank God for the good news.

May your joy be permanent. I like the fact that you were proactive with your career. At least, its clear that you would be going there with a relevant certificate.

I'll rate you 7/10 on your PPR script.

Go and prosper.

God bless.

abakiki:

God Bless!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
Amandacanny:
Oga plz check your email. Thanks
Replied.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2019
abakiki:

God Bless!

Congratulations!
AVO should release tippex and others o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sommy411: 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2019
Good day every one, pls am new here. Pls I need ur advice. My husband is 37, I am 33. He works in a microfinance bank as a senior manager and computer analyst for 5yrs now, I am self employed have a poultry farm. He has a bsc in computer science and engineering, I only have my waec.

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

Viewing this topic: Olusoch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.