Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje (15797 Views)

Ganduje: Kano Assembly Reveals Next Action On Bribery Videos / The Moment Jaafar Jaafar Left After Exposing Governor Ganduje At Kano Assembly / Ganduje Bribe Videos: Impeachment Looms As Kano Assembly Begins Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Udantu: 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
The Kano state house of assembly has stopped investigating allegations that Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of the state, collected bribe from contractors.

This is in line with a court order. A group known as Lawyers For Sustainable Democracy in Nigeria, had asked the court to compel the assembly to halt the probe.

Ruling on an ex parte application filed by one Muhammad Zubair, national coordinator of the group, A.T Badamasi, a judge, had asked the lawmakers to suspend the probe.

But the assembly vowed not to comply with the order.

Baffa Dan-Agundi, chairman of the committee investigating the issue, had said the court order did not stop the panel from continuing with the investigation.

“We have received a court order that we should stop investigating the video clips showing Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, allegedly collecting bribe,” he said.

“We had a meeting today at the assembly and according to our understanding; the court didn’t stop us from investigating the allegations; the court only said status quo be maintained. As such, we will continue with our work.”

But making a U-turn on Monday, Dan-Agundi told the court that the assembly is a law-abiding arm of government, hence, it would obey the court and suspend all forms of investigation on the case pending the court judgement.

While adjourning the hearing on the matter to Wednesday, Badamasi urged the committee to desist from inviting, questioning, interviewing, examining any person related to the issue.

He also instructed the investigative committee to stop any form of analysis on the bribery videos.

The committee had invited Ganduje, who failed to appear but sent one of his commissioners and Jafar Jafar, publisher of Daily Nigerian, the online platform which leaked the videos.

One of the contractors who levelled allegations against the governor had also agreed to testify at the assembly
https://www.thecable.ng/kano-assembly-bows-to-pressure-suspends-probe-of-ganduje/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by HisSexcellency(m): 5:31pm On Nov 13, 2018

“We have received a court order that we should stop investigating the video clips showing Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, allegedly collecting bribe,” he said.

“We had a meeting today at the assembly and according to our understanding; the court didn’t stop us from investigating the allegations; the court only said status quo be maintained. As such, we will continue with our work.”
Nigerian judiciary sha
What does the judge hope ti achieve with this kind of judgement undecided

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Udantu: 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2018
Gandollar promised 5 million votes so why would the lifeless one touch him

Fighting corruption my nyash.

#Babaringamobilebanking angry

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by alsudan: 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2018
This is clearly a Kannywood script. Gandollar, Kano State Judiciary and the Assembly members have all played their roles well. Thank you Buhari and Magu for the Anti Corruption fight.

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by chiefolododo(m): 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by fergie001: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2018
I don't think anyone expected much from the KSHA.....

One way or the other they are appendages of the Executive arm,headed by the state Governor...
No State House of Assembly will do anything unless goaded by the FG like Nyako,DSP....
But what amazes me is that the EFCC has refused to investigate the matter for reasons known to Magu.......whilst that of Fayose was pursued assiduously as required......
There is a precedence,Posterity will never forget....
Shalom!

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by saaron(m): 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2018
Bows to which pressure? Sane Nigerians already anticipated the outcome of Gandollar investigation. Ganduje is a saint covered by the blood of this rudderless regime.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by SweetJoystick(m): 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2018
Smh it's finished. I need get out of this shit hole

14 Likes

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Johnnyessence(m): 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
The judiciary that stand as the hope of common man have been compromised already. too bad.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by ozo13(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
All na scam.
No strong institution in this country. We still have a long way to go.probably the next generation will get it right

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
When I start encouraging PEOPLE to leave that DUNGEON called a country, people go say I dey on drugs...

It's better to be INSANE and RESIDE overseas.
Than to have sanity and reside with MAD PEOPLE....

.......Quote Me ....Evil forest...

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Turbocharger(f): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
Wow what a shame
Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Biglittlelois(f): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
We are aware Buhari knows about Gandollar the Bullion van since he mentioned it at the Peace forum

We also know that during election same clueless Buhari will run around Kano with Gandollar for campaign so i wonder how bmcs and sai Buhari chanters will defend his intergrity and corruption fight.

13 Likes

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by CheapDataGuy: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
smh
knew las las that is wat will happn

Now yall see reason why we need another party to win over apc so as to expose all these kleptos in apc

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Kennedy94(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
much for fighting corruption

check below

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by swiz123(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
The National Assembly must commended for adhering to the court order and upholding rule of law; without them, this country would have been lawless.

Sadly, they are equally synonymous to cowardice and are made up of stomach serving delinquents.

With that said, Ganduje is just delaying the inevitable.
Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by cosmatika(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
Why won't the court stop them? Where will APC get 5m votes from if Ganduje is outsted? Buhari for life president of Daura prison inmates in Kuje grin

12 Likes

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by madapcmod: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
APC kano house of Assembly members fighting corruption with d lifeless cow

Gandollar! Buhacow! Corruption kill you there!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Xisnin(m): 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
I expected this.
Buhari is desperate and would do anything to retain power.

9 Likes

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Meren1: 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
They summoned a court injunction against themselves to have a reason for stopping the fake probe against GANDUJE GANDOLLAR

If you know you know

9 Likes

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by kirkwood: 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
Hopeless country

3 Likes

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by LibertyRep: 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
This is one of the factors that aggravate the mental illness of some Nigerians.

You can't be in Nigeria, read such news as this, and still remain 100% sane

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
Nigerian Judiciary is rotten. The future of this country is really bleak

3 Likes

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by nelxxy(m): 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
oh my God.. what a tragedy
Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by MrThisandthat(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
If I say A
You Say P
Another man Say C

Omo na thunder go faya APC las las
Thieves...
Barawo...
Ole...
Onye Oshi...

9 Likes

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Jflex07(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
The country has gone to the dogs.. Bleep Nigeria,bleep our politicians!
Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by adioolayi(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
Don't ever say all Animals are equal.....the truth is some are more equal than others ...fact
Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
EVILFOREST:
When I start encouraging PEOPLE to leave that DUNGEON called a country, people go say I dey on drugs...

It's better to be INSANE and RESIDE overseas.
Than to have sanity and reside with MAD PEOPLE....

.......Quote Me ....Evil forest...
Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Bizibi(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
I knew nothing will happen, this is Nigeria.....but a time will come when this act of his will haunt him and destroy his political career.
Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
Why these guys dey dear bullharry na?
Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Injiggerwolf(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
Before nko?

Now Court will start postponing the case till end of 2020... and you know what?..... He will go scot free!

Too Bad, No Dignity, No Integrity, No Honour, No Shame,

Too Bad.... Compromised and Failed System indeed

6 Likes

Re: Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje by Racoon(m): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2018
See how a brazen corruption by a sai baba babanriga dollar bribe receiver crook is about to be buried.Abeg lets have the remaining 11 Ganduje's video clips.
Shithole country with shithole leaders and justice system.It will never be well with the APC government.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Meets NMA As Doctors’ Strike Enters Day 40 / Three Bandit Groups Participated In Kuriga Students Abduction, Received Ransom – / No More Single Bill For Presidential Assent –reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.