Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

The Importance Of Having A Good School Website - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Importance Of Having A Good School Website (1640 Views)

Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria / Please I Need Good School For Kids In Ajah/sangotedo Area. / Struggles Of Having University Roommates (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
School website is very important for making a good first impression as it often is the first contact that people have with the school. Therefore, the school website affects the overall image and reputation of your school which can lead to increased admissions. Having a good school website is also very important for delivering a good user experience for its regular users, including teachers, students and parents.

The features of a good school website

Appearance
The overall look of the website is the first thing that users notice when they visit the website. This includes the layout, colours, images and fonts you use to build the website. Make sure that all these factors are considered when building the website as they contribute towards creating an overall impression of the school.

Quality content
A good school website is expected to include a range of quality content. Remember to add basic information like contact details, welcoming messages, school value and images to the homepage followed by learning resources, curriculum information, news, events calendar and other school information.

Navigation

The website design and good content are very important, however, if visitors cannot easily find the information they are looking for, they will become frustrated and it will negatively affect the overall user experience.

This is especially important when talking about parents researching the schools for their children because if they find the website impossible to navigate, they might just leave the website and search for another school.

The right message
Make sure your website sends the right message to its visitors and it actually represents the values and promotes the strengths of your school. Your website is very important when it comes to creating the best image of your school.

Mobile version
This is another very important feature that should not be ignored in the modern days. Most users, including teachers, parents and students will visit the school website on their mobile devices. Therefore, it is important to make sure that the website remains clear on all devices.

It is engaging
Finally, make it engaging!

Having a school website is very important, but making it a good website is what creates a good image of your school and leads to the positive user experience.

Hi! I am a web developer with 5+ years experience, 3 of them working as a freelancer. I have a passion for coding, making websites faster, more efficient and ultimately, I believe, that reflects on the quality of my work and the degree of positive results I achieve for my clients.

All my work is custom built, done by myself and myself only. I never outsource work.

I develop mainly PHP websites and web applications ranging from CMS's such as Drupal, WordPress and PHP frameworks like Laravel, Zend. I am more of a backend developer but I am also strong on front-end development.

What will you get?

1. Visually stunning and professional design with attention to details.
2. On page Search Engine Optimization.

3. Speed optimizations for faster loading.

5. Social media and email marketing setup.

6. 1 month support with multiple revisions and fast delivery.

We can build all different kinds of websites for you whether it is:

1. Social networking

2. Forums

3. A blog

4. eCommerce website

5. Or any other business site.

What can you expect from me?

✓ Determination and passion
✓ Focus on achieving the best solution that will lead to better results
✓ Commitment and on-time delivery
✓ No outsourcing!
✓ A professional service throughout
✓ Proper communication and guidance

What will I expect from you?

✓ Proper communication
✓ A photoshop wireframe ready for development. I am not a graphic designer!
✓ Focus on quality rather than deadline demands. - Web development projects present challenges that not always can be pre-empted. Excessive obsession with deadlines targets can, in most cases, compromise quality and that is an area that I am not willing to compromise so I am sure you are not either.

This does not mean it will take forever but rather that all aspects of the project will be properly analyzed throughout to make sure a well structured and efficient website is delivered with the main priority given to considering what solutions best fit your business so your business gets the best results.

What services can I offer you?

✓ Custom website development(Front-end & Back-end)
✓ PSD to HTML
✓ PSD to WordPress
✓ Plugin development
✓ Custom PHP programming
✓ Website migration(all platforms)
✓ Website speed optimization
✓ CSS(styling) fixing
✓ Any WordPress related development
✓ Laravel development
✓ HTML5+CSS3 coding

★★★★★ - Free Consultation provided. Just get in touch and I will get back to you within 1 hour. *

* I will send you a complete report and plan of action for your website.

Call me now or send me a message and let's make great things happen!

PHONE & WhatsAPP no - 08109060566

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 8:22am On Nov 14, 2018
Do you need a Professional, Creative, Clean, Powerful, Modern and Attractive website Designed within time and budget?

Do you want to optimize, redesign or fix any bug on your already existing website? Then your search ends here.

With my services, you will be able to operate a professional Web site that offers you everything you need for the growth of your brand and the success of your business.

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 8:54am On Nov 15, 2018
DigitalGenius:
Do you need a Professional, Creative, Clean, Powerful, Modern and Attractive website Designed within time and budget?

Do you want to optimize, redesign or fix any bug on your already existing website? Then your search ends here.

With my services, you will be able to operate a professional Web site that offers you everything you need for the growth of your brand and the success of your business.

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2018

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DrBESTJC(m): 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
These big Universities like UI,UNN,OAU,etc that receive thousands of students visiting their websites everyday...DO THEY ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY FROM SUCH HUGE TRAFFIC?

I think 'any school website' can be a serious income source to the school because they already have the 'TRAFFIC' issue settled.

What's your take on this sir?
Is my speculation correct?
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2018
DrBESTJC:
These big Universities like UI,UNN,OAU,etc that receive thousands of students visiting their websites everyday...DO THEY ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY FROM SUCH HUGE TRAFFIC?

I think 'any school website' can be a serious income source to the school because they already have the 'TRAFFIC' issue settled.

What's your take on this sir?
Is my speculation correct?

Having seen this question, i have been meaning to respond but i have been very occupied.

1. The answer to your first question is NO. They do not directly earn money from this huge traffic as mentioned by you, but certain institutions sell certain academic materials on their website or Educational forms, so we can indirectly say they earn from traffic accruing to their websites.

Educational institutions as citadels of learning should be bereft of promotional contents such as adverts excepts it is directly pertaining to that institution. This being the case, Universities despite their huge traffic cannot deploy Google Adsense and all.

2. Yes, you are very correct. Nigerian schools are lacking innovation when it comes to revenue generation all they mostly do is depend on the Government. In US/UK, higher institution websites have an ecommerce component where students can shop for goods and services as pertaining the school. They also have an eLearning component so they can also earn from Distance student and all, The eLearning industry is a multi-billion dollars industry.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 6:07am On Nov 26, 2018

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 9:00am On Nov 27, 2018
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 11:34pm On Dec 02, 2018

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 9:35am On Dec 17, 2018
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 7:34am On Jan 03, 2019
DigitalGenius:
School website is very important for making a good first impression as it often is the first contact that people have with the school. Therefore, the school website affects the overall image and reputation of your school which can lead to increased admissions. Having a good school website is also very important for delivering a good user experience for its regular users, including teachers, students and parents.

Appearance
The overall look of the website is the first thing that users notice when they visit the website. This includes the layout, colours, images and fonts you use to build the website. Make sure that all these factors are considered when building the website as they contribute towards creating an overall impression of the school.

Quality content
A good school website is expected to include a range of quality content. Remember to add basic information like contact details, welcoming messages, school value and images to the homepage followed by learning resources, curriculum information, news, events calendar and other school information.

Navigation

The website design and good content are very important, however, if visitors cannot easily find the information they are looking for, they will become frustrated and it will negatively affect the overall user experience.

This is especially important when talking about parents researching the schools for their children because if they find the website impossible to navigate, they might just leave the website and search for another school.

The right message
Make sure your website sends the right message to its visitors and it actually represents the values and promotes the strengths of your school. Your website is very important when it comes to creating the best image of your school.

Mobile version
This is another very important feature that should not be ignored in the modern days. Most users, including teachers, parents and students will visit the school website on their mobile devices. Therefore, it is important to make sure that the website remains clear on all devices.

It is engaging

Having a school website is very important, but making it a good website is what creates a good image of your school and leads to the positive user experience.

Hi! I am a web developer with 5+ years experience, 3 of them working as a freelancer. I have a passion for coding, making websites faster, more efficient and ultimately, I believe, that reflects on the quality of my work and the degree of positive results I achieve for my clients.

All my work is custom built, done by myself and myself only. I never outsource work.

I develop mainly PHP websites and web applications ranging from CMS's such as Drupal, WordPress and PHP frameworks like Laravel, Zend. I am more of a backend developer but I am also strong on front-end development.

What will you get?

1. Social networking

2. Forums

3. A blog

4. eCommerce website

✓ No outsourcing!

✓ Proper communication
✓ Focus on quality rather than deadline demands. - Web development projects present challenges that not always can be pre-empted. Excessive obsession with deadlines targets can, in most cases, compromise quality and that is an area that I am not willing to compromise so I am sure you are not either.

This does not mean it will take forever but rather that all aspects of the project will be properly analyzed throughout to make sure a well structured and efficient website is delivered with the main priority given to considering what solutions best fit your business so your business gets the best results.

✓ PSD to HTML
✓ PSD to WordPress
✓ Plugin development
✓ Custom PHP programming
✓ CSS(styling) fixing
✓ Laravel development
✓ HTML5+CSS3 coding

★★★★★ - Free Consultation provided. Just get in touch and I will get back to you within 1 hour. *

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 6:57am On Jan 04, 2019

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2019

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 8:16am On Feb 13, 2019
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 5:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 3:15am On Apr 30, 2019

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 2:03pm On May 01, 2019
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by virasatsolution: 7:45am On May 02, 2019
Education is online nowadays. so, people are looking for teaching options online. Then e-learning and school websites can help. They can find their best schools online and chose them according to their comfortability. If you also want a good school website to connect with us. Website Development Company
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 2:56pm On May 02, 2019
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 5:17pm On May 03, 2019
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 2:03am On May 04, 2019

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 9:42am On May 05, 2019
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 8:42am On May 06, 2019
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 7:59pm On May 06, 2019

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 8:13am On May 07, 2019
DigitalGenius:

Appearance

Quality content

Navigation

The right message

Mobile version

It is engaging

What will you get?

1. Social networking

2. Forums

3. A blog

4. eCommerce website

✓ No outsourcing!

✓ Proper communication

✓ PSD to HTML
✓ PSD to WordPress
✓ Plugin development
✓ Custom PHP programming
✓ CSS(styling) fixing
✓ Laravel development
✓ HTML5+CSS3 coding

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 8:45pm On May 08, 2019
DigitalGenius:

Thank you.
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by educators(f): 9:19pm On May 08, 2019
Re: The Importance Of Having A Good School Website by DigitalGenius: 8:15am On May 12, 2019

Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

12-year-old Igbo Boy Bags Award For New Discovery In Mathematics / Scrabble...Any Scrabble Player Around NyaNya...Karu, Abuja?? / Drone Footage As Maduka Varsity Welcomes 600 Students In Maiden Matriculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.