Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,334 members, 7,954,356 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:26 PM

“Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria (28330 Views)

How fake news almost ruined my 40-year-old marriage — Lai Mohammed / Olusegun Osoba: How Fake News From Foreign Media Triggered 1967 Civil War / Abule Ado Pipeline Explosion: BBC Report Contradicts NNPC Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by Didi2d(m): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
Just today I posted something of such here on niraland, the way fake news and propaganda flies around ehn!

I even blamed it on the kind of opposition our political parties play here in Nigeria. These politician can go as far as causing war in other to discredit the other party or individual. So sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ishilove:
Jesus Christ...
I can guaranty you this article isn't balanced.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
Nigerians are dying and there is nothing fake about it
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by fruqy(m): 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2018
yeyeboi:
BMC Media Crew Spreading Fake News Butterfly , sarrki angry

#BuhariMustGo2019 cheesy

BUHARI MEDIA CREW MEDIA CREW?

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by Ishilove: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
CodeTemplar:
How, pray tell?

1 Like

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by Ishilove: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
mfm04622:
Those of you saying the report is too long for you to read. Must you showcase your lack of reading capacity? This is something you should be ashamed of! You want to lead tomorrow, but you are not willing to read?
They are a generation whose attention span is usually a tweet long. Any article beyond two tweets max is considered 'too long'.

I read every word of this beautifully written, timely article. There is fire on the mountain.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by Ishilove: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
Benekruku:

Shattap
Your mouth
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ishilove:

How, pray tell?
The army are known to block access to the real massacre picture as they are always drafted in immediately after attacks. This has blocked access to the real pictures of the massacres and aggrieved relatives or ethic group have to resort to foreign and unrelated pictures to try and spark a reaction or reprisal. The BBC report didn't take this very obvious fact into consideration.
In fact, in chapter one of the report they admitted that the massacre did take place and that the actual figure was many times what was circulated as fake pictures.
A balanced report would have considered information suppression by army and ruling govt to make it a balanced one. Not everybody sits on a laptop and edit gory picture to spark outrage without a cause.

This is from chapter one:
A massacre did happen in Gashish that weekend. Somewhere between 86 and 238 Berom people were killed between 22 and 24 June, according to estimates made by the police and by local community leaders.
But some of the most incendiary images circulating at the time had nothing to do with the violence in Gashish.
.if the real figure of berom casualty was known the reprisal would have been worse. The fake pictures in this case even help keep reprisal figure down because the security men blocked the real attack photos from circulating.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by BlessingTIME(m): 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2018
What kind of Long Nonsense is this? A waste of evening time.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by husbandsnatcha(f): 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
Wait a minute isnt it dis pple dat killed igbos during d war, am dey ar proud of it.. Nw dey ar forming christians...if u pple see wat dis people did 2 us

Wen igbos go 2 church isnt 4 notin, karma is d best punisher

1 Like

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by AustineCJ: 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
Lie Mohammed should be arrested.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by ballerin(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by Tonimordred(m): 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2018
Am out of data
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by omoelerin1: 10:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
Richdad50:
What kind of Long Nonesense is this? A waste of evening time.
I pity you and those who liked your comments.

Ignorance and illiteracy, bane of Nigeria's stability and development.

This report is all about ignorant like you.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
You all need realize this has nothing to do with fake news but about helping prop up Buhari's image. Britain (your slave masters) want Buhari as your president as he's easy to control.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by IbrahimDamola: 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
If you want to kil fake news and hate speech, arrest Lie mohammed and hang him by the neck. He is the primary originator of fake new and hate speech as APC spokesperson pre-2015.

During those years, Lie mohammed the high priest of fake news will come to nairaland, select divisive untruths and inflammatory comments and then publish them on the pages of Tinubu's The Nation newspapers.

Today he is struggling against the monster he birthed.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by benzzyno(m): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2018
Who else read just d topic and moved on to comments?? grin grin
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by IbrahimDamola: 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2018
musicwriter:
You all need realize this has nothing to do with fake news but about helping prop up Buhari's image. Britain (your slave masters) want Buhari as your president as he's easy to control.

You are actually correct, this colonial British media called BBC are hypocrites and thieves, how come they are now rushing to condemn 'fake news' just few months to election. These British colonial thieves must have collected some bribe from Buhari through Liar mohammed to pen down this sponsored article.

We must not forget that the BBC were also responsible for fanning the embers of ethnic hatred which led to the killing of more than 3 million Igbos because the British wanted crude oil.

Go and read the book- Biafra- Britain Shame by Auberon Waugh, a British journalist.

Auberon Waugh a Briton himself revealed how Britain media help to spread hate, perpetrate killings and tried to cover up the Biafra genocide.

At a time, the book was even banned by British government because it caused them a lot of embarrassment, Auberon Waugh was even sack but he never stop protesting against the British crimes in Biafra till the sack was nullified. You can read about him on Wiki.

I take anything I read on BBC with a pinch of salt.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by VictorRomanov: 10:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
Richdad50:
What kind of Long Nonesense is this? A waste of evening time.

It was not compulsory to read. You could have "walked away". It is a serious issue being raised here. And people are looking for solutions. Instead you think it is a waste of your evening time.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by arrestdarrester: 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
Corruption in Nigeria began a long time ago but hate speech and fake news began with APC in 2014.

They say it is the man who has killed another with a machete that would not allow a machete-bearing farmer take the path that passes behind his back to go to his farm.

Its only fair that APC tastes its own medicine.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by Ishilove: 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
ballerin:

Calm down
Hi. Please can you do me a favour and edit your post? I'd appreciate it. The troll has been banned but because you quoted it, the rotten post is still visible.

Thanks
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2018
This is depressing very depressing!

Innocent lives lost because of unverified news. I keep counselling people to recheck any news they read and not just be gullible and accept as true any news they come across (Read Proverbs 14:15)
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by citizenY(m): 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Write your own balanced article, please.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

You are actually correct, this colonial British media called BBC are hypocrites and thieves, how come they are now rushing to condemn 'fake news' just few months to election. These British colonial thieves must have collected some bribe from Buhari through Liar mohammed to pen down this sponsored article.

We must not forget that the BBC were also responsible for fanning the embers of ethnic hatred which led to the killing of more than 3 million Igbos because the British wanted crude oil.

Go and read the book- Biafra- Britain Shame by Auberon Waugh, a British journalist.

Auberon Waugh a Briton himself revealed how Britain media help to spread hate, perpetrate killings and tried to cover up the Biafra genocide.

At a time, the book was even banned by British government because it caused them a lot of embarrassment, Auberon Waugh was even sack but he never stop protesting against the British crimes in Biafra till the sack was nullified. You can read about him on Wiki.

I take anything I read on BBC with a pinch of salt.

Do you have the e-book? If yes, kindly email me a copy at: kemeticphilosophy@gmail

As for the BBC, its actually a credible news organization but they know how to carry massive propaganda when they want to do so and like any other state owned media, its not truly independent. The state use them to launder the image of who or what Britain wants in their former colonies or the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS: Some Individuals And Groups Are Plotting To Set Nigeria On Fire / FG Announces Partial Closure Of Independence Bridge Lagos / Two Commissioners In Ebonyi Exchange Blows In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.