Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

“Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria (28180 Views)

How fake news almost ruined my 40-year-old marriage — Lai Mohammed / Olusegun Osoba: How Fake News From Foreign Media Triggered 1967 Civil War / Abule Ado Pipeline Explosion: BBC Report Contradicts NNPC Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by shugabasbn: 11:34pm On Nov 13, 2018
Even BBC and our people from other side are the worst
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by PROPHETmichael: 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
I just wanted to see the author of the said report because a true british journalist won't give such headlines and i wasnt disappointed. Yemisi Adegoke is a known Buharist.

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by Northfodio: 12:02am On Nov 14, 2018
Ehem How Do I Start Creating Fake News? Wow Fake News At Alarming Rate Might Be This Is My Chance Of Getting Job From Mac~xuga~ Blah Blah Blah
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by donqx: 12:56am On Nov 14, 2018
smiley
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 4:11am On Nov 14, 2018
they should leave africa alone. these people are gradually trying to recolonize africa again. they have piced so much interest in africa lately
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by blackgold90(m): 4:52am On Nov 14, 2018
Mini-Buhari El-Rufia, Nnnadi Kanu,and Buhari speech of hate have killed more people than social media like, share and kill.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by Realmo: 6:19am On Nov 14, 2018
There's a clear different between misinformation and disinformation and this is clearly a case of disinformation and it's a dangerous trend if not check.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by Tijay90(m): 6:50am On Nov 14, 2018
Judging by this article, another atrocity Facebook helped perpetrate was bringing this evil group of buffoons to power...ranks among the worst.
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by DavidEsq(m): 6:54am On Nov 14, 2018
Even the bible warns us of responding to an issue without first verifying the facts. Proverbs 18:13 says: "When anyone replies to a matter before he hears the facts,It is foolish and humiliating".
All Scripture is really inspired of God and beneficial for teaching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by bantudra: 7:32am On Nov 14, 2018
you ipobians have to be careful what una believe...if you attack me because of what you read online,then dont be surprised when i punch you right back in the face..... angry angry
Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by RuggedSniper: 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
naptu2:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/nigeria_fake_news
WhatsApp, Twitter, IG, FB, YouTube and the insidious sensational newspaper headlines from PUNCH, VANGUARD, etc., are very big fake news propagators. The tech coys have to work with Nigeria and the rest of the world to stop the fake news. Culprits have to be severely punished to deter others.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria by RuggedSniper: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
AZeD1:
Its high time a law where one is charged as an accomplice to murder for sharing false information that leads to death is passed.
WORD!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Criticizes Presidency Over Rejecting US Recognition Of Jerusalem / Kolawole Babatunde And Mukaila Kazeem Dump APC For PDP / Eko Bridge Empty..everybody Gearing Up For Election Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.