Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years (20880 Views)

Nasarawa Government House Without Electricity For 24 Years - FG / OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) / Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by LegendaryArnold(m): 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2018
You mean they've never had electricity before ever
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Ologogoro: 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
MOVIC6:
I don't believe this please but recently in naija I believe everything. I mean all of it....

There is a Local Government in Kwara state called Baruten LGA, I spent almost 2years there and left the place 2months ago , I know up to 5communities there without light for over 30years

1 Like

Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by ozywin(m): 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
saraki how far na
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by new2012: 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2018
Officialpdpnig:
My party never finishes anything! PDP is cursed as long as they refuse to rebrand they are cursed.

See saraki now making noise in PDP while he has brought tears to so many in kwara.

Thunder fire saraki and PDP

Since you're official PDP.. By virtue of your statement, you are cursed. And may thunder fire you!

Well, that's how people take curses on themselves and their future unborn children.

You are official PDP, and u want thunder to fire PDP, so it will fire you, PDP is cursed and you're officialnpdp so you're cursed forever bro.

I bet you, you'll require serious deliverance to take away the curse you have cursed yourself.

Sometimes, people play with tiny things that have massive repercussions later in life. If this person become completely miserable in life, wouldn't know it was the curses he placed on himself, he'll go abt seeking for prayers, blaming ancestors and uncles for what he placed on himself.

Damn!
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Officialpdpnig: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
new2012:

Since you're official PDP.. By virtue of your statement, you are cursed. And may thunder fire you!

Well, that's how people take curses on themselves and their future unborn children.

You are official PDP, and u want thunder to fire PDP, so it will fire you, PDP is cursed and you're officialnpdp so you're cursed forever bro.

I bet you, you'll require serious deliverance to take away the curse you have cursed yourself.

Sometimes, people play with tiny things that have massive repercussions later in life. If this person become completely miserable in life, wouldn't know it was the curses he placed on himself, he'll go abt seeking for prayers, blaming ancestors and uncles for what he placed on himself.

Damn!

Pls stop quoting me with nonsense. I am a moniker and not official PDP. I may be a supporter but I am not the party core.

The demons who carry out the effect of curses know those to afflict and its all the liars, thieves and crooks in PDP and in this case, most especially saraki and Atiku
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by new2012: 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Pls stop quoting me with nonsense. I am a moniker and not official PDP. I may be a supporter but I am not the party core.

The demons who carry out the effect of curses know those to afflict and its all the liars, thieves and crooks in PDP and in this case, most especially saraki and Atiku

Unfortunately, you claim to be the official PDP so all the curses you place on PDP will be on your head since you're the officialpdp.

Only you claim to be the PDP here, so may the curses be on your head. You're the only officialpdp we know on nairaland. Goodluck with all the curses you have placed on PDP, as the officialpdp may they be on your head.
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2018
bilms:
100 Kwara communities without electricity for over 100 years

https://mrrightsng..com/2018/11/100-kwara-communities-without.html?m=1

Over 70 communities in Gwanara district of Baruten Local government area of Kwara State and another 30 communities in Aawe District of Asa Local Government Area in Kwara state are yet to have power supply for over 100 years after their creation.

In a report by News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), head of Aawe District, Alhaji Oba Daudu-Suleiman confirm the development.

‘This is not the beautiful oil city that we used to know’ The district head who disclosed this to NAN in Aawe on Monday, described the development as unacceptable.

He said the non provision of electricity and other infrastructural facilities like good roads in the communities had retarded the growth and development of the areas.

The district head listed some of the affected communities to include: Olowo, Atere, Elelu, Ogunbo, Yede, Ogundeji, Danbudo, Okoolowo, Afo, Ologede, Layeri, Ajengba, Afonta and Ode Magaji, among others.

He appealed to the state government to come to the aid of the communities as a way of bringing development to the grassroots.

He said the provision of electricity in rural communities would curb rural-urban migration and create employment for teeming youths in the areas.

Daudu-Suleiman also urged the state government to urgently find lasting solution to the power outage confronting Aawe in the last five years.

He said that the power outage was caused by rainstorm, adding that the development had crippled social and economic activities of the town.

An indegene of Baruten, Kayode Gobir stated that ‘’in my town (chikanda) and 70 others, we have never had light for once here since I was born and i am now 23 year old.

I never experienced anything like electric light in my town except generators and it was said to have been like that for over 100years.

In 2002/2003, late Governor Alabi Lawal
try to fix our electricity, they installed the poles and everything,but they couldn’t complete it before he left office.

However, since 2003 till date, no government ever did anything to complete it;
neither did they do anything else. As a matter of fact, people now use
those electric poles for spreading cloths.

Permanent Secretary, state Ministry of Energy, Mr Sunday Moses, who also spoke to NAN confirmed the revelation of the district head, adding that the ministry was aware that several communities across the state were yet to enjoy electricity.

He said that the state government was working round the clock, within its available resources, toward ensuring that electricity got to the nooks and crannies of the state, to bring more development.

“Several communities have written letters of request to the ministry, we have informed the state government of their requests, we are working round the clock on the issue,“ he said

it is buharis fault and he will go back to daura
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Shaev7(m): 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
slimfit1:
They should ask bukola for the light now.
How is Bukola? Over 100 years they don't have Governors then right?
Think before you talk.

1 Like

Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Shaev7(m): 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
slimfit1:
They should ask bukola for the light now.
How is Bukola? Over 100 years they don't have Governors then right? How old is Nigeria? You go and ask Britain...
Think before you talk.
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by willyo(m): 12:29am On Nov 14, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Electricity in Nigeria is just 89 years old, so what type was the community expecting?

The Binis had electricity generated from palm oil over 500 yrs ago. Until colonisation destroyed these techs
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by donqx: 12:56am On Nov 14, 2018
smiley
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by slimfit1(m): 6:21am On Nov 14, 2018
Shaev7:

How is Bukola? Over 100 years they don't have Governors then right? How old is Nigeria? You go and ask Britain...
Think before you talk.
So the British are the once that will provide light for them really. The people that left us how many years ago.So you actually think before talking, i wonder what will happen when you don't think. Bukola has been governor for 11 years now so i have every right to call his name out.
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Mizwisdom(f): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2018
I never knew Kwara state is up to 100 when Nigeria is 58
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by AmazingELixir: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2018
"..The district head listed some of the affected communities to include: Olowo, Atere, Elelu, Ogunbo, Yede, Ogundeji, Danbudo, Okoolowo, Afo, Ologede, Layeri, Ajengba, Afonta and Ode Magaji, among others..."

grin grin grin

Could the bolded community be the progenitor of afonja
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by mechanics(m): 8:49am On Nov 14, 2018
too bad.
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by 13october: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2018
DMerciful:
Fasola is responsible. Thought he said its not rocket science. If GEJ had done 90%, they would have rushed to complete it so as to take the glory. Going only for 90% completion
13october
you are a complete mistake what concern fashola with rural electricity when all the state have their rural electrification board
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by DMerciful(m): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2018
Who does the buck stops at his table?
13october:

13october
you are a complete mistake what concern fashola with rural electricity when all the state have their rural electrification board
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by PAQ(m): 9:32am On Nov 14, 2018
OP, your title is misleading, did those communities have electricity 100yrs ago? Or rather, they never had electricity?
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by lukency(m): 9:57am On Nov 14, 2018
Saraki the father robbed them for many years now the son has taken over the batten, robbing them with reckless abandon.
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Bullet01(f): 10:07am On Nov 14, 2018
I reside in ilorin, Asa Dam Road. Osin Community to be precise. We don't have road and electricity in my community till date.
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by bilms(m): 10:29am On Nov 14, 2018
angry angry
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Shaev7(m): 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2018
slimfit1:

So the British are the once that will provide light for them really. The people that left us how many years ago.So you actually think before talking, i wonder what will happen when you don't think. Bukola has been governor for 11 years now so i have every right to call his name out.
do you listen to yourself at all? Saraki you just said 11 years, and the text read over 100 years, which direction does your brain captured it from? Have a nice day...
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by bilms(m): 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
?
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by slimfit1(m): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2018
Shaev7:

do you listen to yourself at all? Saraki you just said 11 years, and the text read over 100 years, which direction does your brain captured it from? Have a nice day...

You this guy leave me alone, we all know that this SP is still the governor of Kwara state. Bukola the undercover governor. I know what I'm saying the current governor is a muppet and a puppet whatever, bukola says goes only you pretend not to know.
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Shaev7(m): 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2018
slimfit1:

You this guy leave me alone, we all know that this SP is still the governor of Kwara state. Bukola the undercover governor. I know what I'm saying the current governor is a muppet and a puppet whatever, bukola says goes only you pretend not to know.
Still over 100 years? lol.
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Ashley86400: 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2018
yublings:
The OP is not far from the truth. I did my youth service at Ilesha-baruba of Baruten 2014/2015, and during my stay there, there was no power supply for up to a month in a whole calender year. Quite interesting though, made us feel like we were living in the stone age.
One month nikan?
I did my NYSC is Yashikira. . .for the whole one year I was there ,there was no light.
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Ashley86400: 4:09pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ologogoro:

There is a Local Government in Kwara state called Baruten LGA, I spent almost 2years there and left the place 2months ago , I know up to 5communities there without light for over 30years
I served in Baruten. Yashikira community.
0% electricity.
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by bilms(m): 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
cool
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Ologogoro: 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ashley86400:
I served in Baruten. Yashikira community. 0% electricity.
Wow!! Did you enjoyed life during your stay? And did you also visited Benin Republic ?
Re: 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years by Ashley86400: 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ologogoro:

Wow!!
Did you enjoyed life during your stay? And did you also visited Benin Republic ?
Lol, I reached the border frequently at Chikanda to buy stuff but I never went over. It wasn't necessary to ho to. Niki or Parakou.
I live in Sango Otta in Ogun state which is so close to Idi-Iroko border to Benin. . .there was no need for me to go as I normally go to Cotonou through our own border at home.
I think I was the only one that the border never freaked . .cause everyone was so hell bent on crossing, lol.

To answer your first question, no, I didn't enjoy my stay, but I stayed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Only APC Posters & Billboards On The Streets Of Lagos! / Anambra Man Of The Year: Check Out Those Listed For The Honour / 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.