Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians (60009 Views)

OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) / Reps Insists On Two-Month Free Electricity For Nigerians / Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by llakes4real: 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2020
The Electricity Distribution Companies (DisCos) on Wednesday said they have aligned with the federal government to provide a two-month rebate of free electricity to their customers nationwide.

In a statement by the Executive Director, Research and Advocacy at the Association of Nigeiarian Electricity Distributors (ANED), Barrister Sunday Oduntan, said the decision was in recognition of the challenging effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) on the economic and daily lives of the customers.

Oduntan, who is also the spokesman for the DisCos, said: “We are also completely aligned with the plans to ensure palliative measures, including free electricity supply to all Nigerians for two months, to make life easier, during the lockdown period. Details of implementation to come soon.”

Oduntan also said the initiative is a fulfilment of the DisCos’ commitments to the nation as they align themselves with the efforts of the National Assembly and the Federal Executive to mitigate the hardships that are currently being borne by their customers and Nigerian citizens.

The DisCos commended the lawmakers, the Executive arm and the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) for their initiative adding that they are committed to working with them to ensure more efficient power supply within the difficult period.

The power firms also reiterated their commitments to improving service delivery to the nation during this COVID-19 pandemic period and thereafter as they advised their customers to stay at home and stay safe.

Daily Trust reports that the House of Representatives had on Saturday called for the supply of free electricity to Nigerians for two months as part of measures to mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila made the call at a meeting between the National Assembly leadership and the Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmad, and the Director-General of the Budget Office of the Federation, Ben Akabueze, among others.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/discos-fg-agree-on-2-months-free-electricity-for-nigerians.html/amp

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by SharonLoveth(f): 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
If They Give You 2Hours Electricity In A Day, Thank Your God.. Nigeria And Darkness Are 5/6

196 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by oluDharay(m): 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2020
I pray o!
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by dawnomike(m): 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
Seems like a good news but not a nice news for those using prepaid meter...

360 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by gigabytes: 11:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
2 months extension for Coronavirus. Ghana announced 3 months of free water.
Watch out.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by truthfulparrot(m): 12:00am On Apr 09, 2020
Which rebate? When I saw AEDC staff distributing bill this morning.

Update
I just went to AEDC office this morning to pay 90k for my March bill. The officials laughed at me when I told them about the rebate. They told me that it was just suggested and there is no official response from Discos on this.

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by sapientia(m): 1:42am On Apr 09, 2020
For which of the months pls.

I dont trust FG

I don't trust DISCOS

truthfulparrot:

Update
I just went to AEDC office this morning to pay 90k for my March bill. The officials laughed at me when I told them about the rebate. They told me that it was just suggested and there is no official response from Discos on this.

Exactly, the write up is misleading.

First paragraph talks about DISCOS aligning while last Paragraph said the speaker made the call. Reason I don't trust the news in its entirety.

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by llakes4real: 1:49am On Apr 09, 2020
gigabytes:
2 months extension for Coronavirus. Ghana announced 3 months of free water.
Watch out.

half loaf is better than none.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Beosten(m): 2:06am On Apr 09, 2020
This one na video or audio?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Rootprof(m): 2:34am On Apr 09, 2020
If it's true.
The main thing be say make the light dey gangan. Cos when we dey pay sef LIGHT no dey not to talk of now wey them wan make am free for 2 month undecided

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by cdyfoundation(m): 2:39am On Apr 09, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPF-UA8mmuc
Learn how to create text/Video animation on your phone.

You don’t need any prior knowledge in graphics design. All you need is your mobile phone.

It's incredibly easy. Start today and become an expert in hours.

Ps: It is FREE of charges for the early birds.
Call/Whatsapp
Zero 8 zero 604-497-97

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Acidosis(m): 4:34am On Apr 09, 2020
What happens to those on prepaid billing plan?

Half-baked and senseless promises

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by omerah86(m): 4:34am On Apr 09, 2020
Person no go see light again for two months... Audio light shocked shocked

50 Likes

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by nanauju(f): 4:34am On Apr 09, 2020
I hope by the time the two months is over they won't use style to inflate the next bill

53 Likes

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Larsun: 4:35am On Apr 09, 2020
If I hear..

4 Likes

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by richesbhc(m): 4:35am On Apr 09, 2020
Free electricity without light at least for the next two months we won't pay for what we didn't use

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Yankee101: 4:36am On Apr 09, 2020
Make we see first no be for mouth

1 Like

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by GOFRONT(m): 4:36am On Apr 09, 2020
Who take Fed govt serious again?

Audio Electricity......

19 Likes

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by jboixxx: 4:37am On Apr 09, 2020
Make this real. Last month (March) consumption is already bn distributed, so, there shouldn't be bills for April and May consumption. What happens to prepaid users?

Just make this real and disappoint some set of Nigerians thatdo not trust their govt.

19 Likes

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Spanner4(m): 4:38am On Apr 09, 2020
grin

Free epileptic supply of power for 2months

7 Likes

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by ikorodureporta: 4:38am On Apr 09, 2020
Free wetin? Wey dem go inflate the 3rd, 4th months...to cover up

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by mynaijadj(m): 4:38am On Apr 09, 2020
I HOPE THE ELECTRICITY WONT BE 0kv

2 Likes

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by kolafolabi(m): 4:39am On Apr 09, 2020
All the crazy billings have to be stopped

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Nobody: 4:39am On Apr 09, 2020
This is the first reasonable thing the FG will be doing since this pandemic started.

Unfortunately, knowing how this government and the Nigerian system operates, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a case of giving you something with their right hand and taking it back with the left.

We have all been paying for electricity we didn't use anyway.

18 Likes

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by dadebayo1(m): 4:40am On Apr 09, 2020
No wonder they took the light in my area since yesterday and have not restored power... Free means no more power grin grin

Gbaja and the house of reps people seems to be working... He was the one who said free electricity should be distributed and he was also the one who said SIP was a total waste of money grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by StagethemTVee: 4:40am On Apr 09, 2020
How do you give someone free, when there is nothing to give in the first place

21 Likes

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by mankan2k7(m): 4:42am On Apr 09, 2020
That means they both agreed to give two consecutive months of free darkness, trust these heartless people at your own perils.

I don't know when Nigeria can get it right.

20 Likes

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by adioolayi(m): 4:44am On Apr 09, 2020
Just look at us.. Nigerians....Why can't we embrace positivity for once!!!

How are the people commenting "Audio light, I don't trust PHCN, Nonsense Government, Ghana gave free water" and all sorts different from the lady they gave free food yesterday and claim the food was not up to standard and she doesn't like ponmo Haba...God help us as a Nation...Sad!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by deltateam: 4:45am On Apr 09, 2020
llakes4real:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/discos-fg-agree-on-2-months-free-electricity-for-nigerians.html/amp

The international community looking at this will be envying us without knowing that these people are clowns.

For the past 2 weeks we haven't had light.

Light distribution here is like 2 days in a month and they will bring BIG bill. Its all about exploitation.

Their offer is shit without 24 hours supply. Let them keep their offer is useless.

26 Likes

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by overseer1(m): 4:47am On Apr 09, 2020
It's most unfortunate that the so called Discos have no more Shame in them any longer. They lied without sense of remorse. It is unfortunate that nobody seems to have regards for Nigerians. Even more unfortunate that our government key into defrauding the populise with impunity. Cooperate bodies toss us up and down without fear of any consequences.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson Trucks & SUVs Used To Welcome Peter Obi In Nnewi, Anambra State (Pics) / See The Toilet A Local Government Chairman Built And Commissioned In Lagos (phot / Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.