Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO (22942 Views)

MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry / MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents / Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Realdeals(m): 2:33am On Nov 14, 2018
When are they listing on the NSE market?
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by MicroBox: 2:56am On Nov 14, 2018
gurunlocker:
So you can easily launder money with the bank? grin shocked
That is just the open trick..
Investigation is still ongoing on how they transfer A billion plus doller to south Africa illegally and now they are talking about owning a bank..
The ban placed on @Falz "This is Nigeria" must be lifted because it is the truth.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Nobody: 4:02am On Nov 14, 2018
ManBeast:
CBN should not give them any banking license, useless armrobbery company.

They won't give enough data, if they give service won't be available.

Don't mind them,imagine nonsense, mobile banking 5bn CB,that's total rubbish, mtn are day light robbers, and some people are shouting investment, the just want t use part of their stolen funds to establish the,shouting APC and PDP ,Nigerian youths are d mist confused set of people, after all,who even brought mtn?but sha mtn peeps are unarmed daylight robbers
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Focusmind: 4:33am On Nov 14, 2018
Nigerians and low IQ. They have already turned this to political insults. Note that this will not result to any significant investment by MTN as they already have the infrastructure which the banks are currently using.

They just want to have their own branded banking payment system and rely or partner with any existing commercial bank.

Note also that they are not acquiring any commercial license as some uneducated nairaland peeps had assumed and have started praising the government even when they're still looking for jobs.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by blackgold90(m): 4:34am On Nov 14, 2018
If MTN get such license it will destroy the economy. They will use advantage to surplus fund from the Telecom unit and other Telecom advantage to lure customers and push other banks out of business.

Glo their main rival will definitely get involved to compete but banks can't get involved in Telecom so soon to fight back. This will systematically turn Nigeria to 2 mega banks system.

This is a bad news, it should not be allowed. This is negative foreign investment.
It will just be like APC, PDP and the rest political party.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by juniorstar(m): 4:42am On Nov 14, 2018
A nice way to launder their money and evade taxes and possible get back all the money the federal govt has collected in taxes.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by revolt(m): 5:21am On Nov 14, 2018
In anticipation of atikus landslide victory theyre already brushing up. Why didn't they get the licence on 2018. Why 2019. He said if things go according to plan ie buharis defeat.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by ChiefOlabowla(m): 7:29am On Nov 14, 2018
Ambidextrause:
Some bank marketers are about to get tensed. MTN might of course domicile their money in their own bank. A big customer going...

Lols

Payment Services Bank is different from conventional bank Oga. Get our facts well.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by ChiefOlabowla(m): 7:30am On Nov 14, 2018
juniorstar:
A nice way to launder their money and evade taxes and possible get back all the money the federal govt has collected in taxes.

you have no idea of what you are talking about
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by ChiefOlabowla(m): 7:31am On Nov 14, 2018
blackgold90:
If MTN get such license it will destroy the economy. They will use advantage to surplus fund from the Telecom unit and other Telecom advantage to lure customers and push other banks out of business.

Glo their main rival will definitely get involved to compete but banks can't get involved in Telecom so soon to fight back. This will systematically turn Nigeria to 2 mega banks system.

This is a bad news, it should not be allowed. This is negative foreign investment.

This is very untrue.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by ChiefOlabowla(m): 7:33am On Nov 14, 2018
Focusmind:
Nigerians and low IQ. They have already turned this to political insults. Note that this will not result to any significant investment by MTN as they already have the infrastructure which the banks are currently using.

They just want to have their own branded banking payment system and rely or partner with any existing commercial bank.

Note also that they are not acquiring any commercial license as some uneducated nairaland peeps had assumed and have started praising the government even when they're still looking for jobs.

Oooooohhh... This boy! The school fees your parent pay for you no be waste. Your brain too sharp.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by CodeTemplar: 8:18am On Nov 14, 2018
They already take deposits in form of credit and give loans in for *606# so it only normal they get a licence to move to the next level of banking.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 14, 2018
Its a good development, we need this kind of investment in the economy, FDIs is what we need.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 14, 2018
blackgold90:

Please explain to me how this action they plan to embark on should be stopped and how its a negative foreign direct investment?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 14, 2018
juniorstar:
Can you just look at the bright side?

1 Like

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by owunabastard: 8:57am On Nov 14, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
OK. An equivalent of MPesa used in Kenya over the years. Anyway, let them start.
This is a welcome development, with this era of cryptocurrency, i am suspecting they want to use a crypto coin for the transaction.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by RTSC: 9:00am On Nov 14, 2018
MrAJQ:
They're welcome since there is enabling environment in country.

God bless Jibril for rebranding Nigeria and making it center of positive attraction.

Jibrin Buhari from Sudan is doing a great job in Nigeria, so let him continue to lead us till 2023, since our indigenous leader can't do the job for 16 years,......oga jibril thank you ooo.. We have send your details to ministry of interior for confirmation as citizen of Nigeria ....wailers.. Please you people should leave our jibril for us,, after all they say Barack obama was originally from Kenya and rule American for 8years....see ,if you don't like this jibril remain mute forever or leave Nigeria for us.
Nigeria under Jonathan was the largest recipient of foreign investment in Africa by far.
Nigeria is no longer in the top 5. Ethiopia is now number one.

So which positive attraction is buhari attracting? If you lose 10 and gain 2, is it an improvement?
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by RTSC: 9:06am On Nov 14, 2018
Colourich:
Its a good development, we need this kind of investment in the economy, FDIs is what we need.
Buhari is not going to get that kind of fdi, sorry.

His economic style does not support such.
Even The ones in Nigeria are leaving, and some clowns claimed it is because there is no more corruption, that is why they are leaving.

At best, what you will get is trickle investment from the current players in Nigeria.
They already know the system and can adapt.
No foreigner is coming to invest millions of dollars anytime soon.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by R0ckefeller: 9:26am On Nov 14, 2018
most south Africans companies knows with out Nigeria they can't cash out big
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Horus(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I33ofR9bZMc

MTN forges ahead with plans to enlist on the Nigerian Stock Exchange

MTN is forging ahead with plans to enlist on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. That's despite an ongoing dispute with Nigeria's authorities
that has cost the company nearly 40 billion RAND of its market capitalization
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by porka: 9:41am On Nov 14, 2018
Officialpdpnig:
This is why I hate this current version of my party. I thought they said the economic policies of this current fg is chasing away investors?

Why is mtn still further investing?

PDP is cursed as long as they refuse to rebrand, they are cursed.

As long as they remain the liars and thieves as a party then thunder will fire all of them

Every investor is speculating on the outcome of the election and the possibility of a new government on May 29th next year.

APC government will be gone by end of Q2 2019, God's willing.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by porka: 9:44am On Nov 14, 2018
Officialpdpnig:
They even claim job losses garlore under this fg. Meanwhile investors are investing and creation more jobs.

Can you imagine the number of jobs that would be created via mtn mobile money services?

Entrepreneurs would boom big time.

If the economic environment was unfavorable as claimed by my party people, why the further investment from mtn?

They should be counting their losses and shoring up and not further investing.

Stop fooling around, they are not talking about N-Power.

This is more than the alms (TraderMoni) you are used to.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Officialpdpnig: 10:01am On Nov 14, 2018
porka:

Stop fooling around, they are not talking about N-Power.

This is more than the alms (TraderMoni) you are used to.

You are supporting me. Buhari must be doing something right after all
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Officialpdpnig: 10:04am On Nov 14, 2018
porka:

Every investor is speculating on the outcome of the election and the possibility of a new government on May 29th next year.

APC government will be gone by end of Q2 2019, God's willing.

My party cannot win. Not with the crook we have as a candidate.

Can you show me just one PDP candidate poster that has Atikus picture together with their own?

No PDP candidate wants to dent their chances by including his pictures to their campaign posters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Xfemt(m): 10:10am On Nov 14, 2018
Officialpdpnig:
This is why I hate this current version of my party. I thought they said the economic policies of this current fg is chasing away investors?

Why is mtn still further investing?

PDP is cursed as long as they refuse to rebrand, they are cursed.

As long as they remain the liars and thieves as a party then thunder will fire all of them
who is dis basterd, oh I guess another BMC and zombie imposters
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by luluosas(m): 10:16am On Nov 14, 2018
I hope I can convert my MTN airtime in my phone to raw cash of same value at the bank
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by MrAJQ(m): 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2018
RTSC:

Nigeria under Jonathan was the largest recipient of foreign investment in Africa by far.
Nigeria is no longer in the top 5. Ethiopia is now number one.

So which positive attraction is buhari attracting? If you lose 10 and gain 2, is it an improvement?

Tell me three companies or investors that left the country since Jibril (Buhari) came to power?
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by CioAngels(f): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2018
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-mtn-to-acquire-banking-licence-in-nigeria-says-ceo

Nigeria is a good business nation for foreigners who knows the know how, while the owners of the country makes small money and uses it on concubines. Hope Nigeria will not allow them to Enslave Nigerians and she will look away because Nigeria is terribly good at that. Weak nation leaders.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by michael1(m): 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
Would have loved to humour your stupidity but no I wont, you are the actual fool.

Do you have the faintest idea the number of jobs this will create, it's not all about withdrawal, MTN will have merchants, data sales offers spread over the country and same would result in cash environment which the Govt have been clamouring for. Believe me, it will create hundreds of thousands of jobs

Think before you come openly to display your ignorance

BedLam:
You are stupid. Mobile banking g has almost no job to create. It would have been nice if it was when people had phone booth. Tell me how they intend to create job? You skull is empty. Withdrawal of money you will be charged just like banks and the risk of running that as agent is very high because of robbers. Your type should be banished.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by potter27: 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2018
One thing I love about this mobile money is that I always use it to found and withdrew on my bet account. It's very fast and easy.

When I was in Ghana, I lived in a village where there is no bank nor bet shop...mobile money is the best in that village. Your families in the City can send you money with it.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cash Shortage Hits Banks As TSA Deadline Expires / Access Bank Now Charges N20 For All USSD Transactions / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.