Stats: 3,150,875 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO (22937 Views)

MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry / MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents / Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank (2) (3) (4)

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Bobbyfreshh(m): 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Wailers now work round the clock. You have no life

Just on your torch and point at your mirror take a lake at your self.... Am sure your lord minister of darkness cannot transmit electricity to that slum u are typing from....
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by BedLam: 11:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
Officialpdpnig:
They even claim job losses garlore under this fg. Meanwhile investors are investing and creation more jobs.

Can you imagine the number of jobs that would be created via mtn mobile money services?

Entrepreneurs would boom big time.

If the economic environment was unfavorable as claimed by my party people, why the further investment from mtn?

They should be counting their losses and shoring up and not further investing.
You are stupid. Mobile banking g has almost no job to create. It would have been nice if it was when people had phone booth. Tell me how they intend to create job? You skull is empty. Withdrawal of money you will be charged just like banks and the risk of running that as agent is very high because of robbers. Your type should be banished.

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by frozen70(f): 11:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
Hmmm, this stingy people?

To give free credit is difficult for them

To give enough megabit is difficult for them

How are we sure they will give interest in the money deposited

My hand no dey oohhh
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by FBIL: 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2018
MTN wants to have their own bank for easy transfer of funds to South Africa without interruption. Nigeria is not a nation after all, so anyone can do any how.

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-mtn-to-acquire-banking-licence-in-nigeria-says-ceo

MTN mobile money has been in existence in Ghana for over 10 years and no robbery case recorded, but what as soon it come in Nigerian SAS and other criminal will demand their victim to make mobile money transfer to them. but that will be easy way to trace the theif. even when your force to delete the massage. go to MTN and demand statement of account to see the name,address and passport photograph use to register the sim, of the person you sent money to.

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Officialpdpnig: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
BedLam:
You are stupid. Mobile banking g has almost no job to create. It would have been nice if it was when people had phone booth. Tell me how they intend to create job? You skull is empty. Withdrawal of money you will be charged just like banks and the risk of running that as agent is very high because of robbers. Your type should be banished.

I will not call you stupid because your comment shows you are yet a local champion with a negative 100 IQ.

Go to ordinary Ghana and see the number of jobs mobile money has created. Where you run a mobile money center and reap the huge commission rewards from people who patronise you.

Your type should be flogged for thinking like an animal.

If people can run bureau de change services effortlessly without fear is it mobile money that would different?

You obviously have zero entrepreneurial spirit which is why you can never be a problem solver

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
Okoyeebo:
That same 2019, the PDP want to give Atiku looting license.

Tufiakwa Bad belle

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Topmaike007(m): 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
anything mtn dey fear me no be small
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Bobbyfreshh(m): 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
Okoyeebo:

But PDPigz work like the devil their father: to and fro, round the clock.

Zombie spotted u own is very strong.... Lol
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Officialpdpnig: 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
Bobbyfreshh:

Just on your torch and point at your mirror take a lake at your self.... Am sure your lord minister of darkness cannot transmit electricity to that slum u are typing from....

Yes I will take a lakelook at myself . Stop describing your location to me. Not all of us must be a slum dweller like you

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by MrAJQ(m): 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2018
They're welcome since there is enabling environment in country.

God bless Jibril for rebranding Nigeria and making it center of positive attraction.

Jibrin Buhari from Sudan is doing a great job in Nigeria, so let him continue to lead us till 2023, since our indigenous leader can't do the job for 16 years,......oga jibril thank you ooo.. We have send your details to ministry of interior for confirmation as citizen of Nigeria ....wailers.. Please you people should leave our jibril for us,, after all they say Barack obama was originally from Kenya and rule American for 8years....see ,if you don't like this jibril remain mute forever or leave Nigeria for us.

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Truth234(m): 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2018
Officialpdpnig:
This is why I hate this current version of my party. I thought they said the economic policies of this current fg is chasing away investors?

Why is mtn still further investing?

PDP is cursed as long as they refuse to rebrand, they are cursed.

As long as they remain the liars and thieves as a party then thunder will fire all of them

This should not be approved. MTN is seeking banking license to avert future occurrence of illegal fund transfer accusation like current $8.1 billion the telecom is being accused of. This is a strategic move to nullify CBN regulatory power! Only local companies should be allowed to hold such license, not MTN.

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Boss13: 11:40pm On Nov 13, 2018
I think CBN should restrict it. They should trade on a different brand name and not MTN
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Okoyeebo: 11:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
Bobbyfreshh:

Zombie spotted u own is very strong.... Lol

If you must type, connect your fingers with your brain before typing.

Or, is it an abomination for you to use your flat head to think?
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by 360command: 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
Are they not doing mtn mobile money in naija cos ghana has long been doing it.. If not, nigeria is really backward.

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by new2012: 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

May the curses rest solidly on every lying, thieving member and supporter of PDP and on every crook in PDP n'aha Jesus..isee isee isee

Amen o and may it rest on the self acclaimed officialpdp on nairaland.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Adverts247: 11:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
For abuja Peeps only: HANGOUT | MOVIES | MEETING NEW PEOPLE - Join Group ([url=clip.ng/tYSM]CLICK HERE)[/url]
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by goat22: 11:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
My centered informants be settled to negotiate family tapir of humtu buntu. In planning oh info kazoo ignorant tatami
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by BedLam: 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

I will not call you stupid because your comment shows you are yet a local champion with a negative 100 IQ.

Go to ordinary Ghana and see the number of jobs mobile money has created. Where you run a mobile money center and reap the huge commission rewards from people who patronise you.

Your type should be flogged for thinking like an animal.

If people can run bureau de change services effortlessly without fear is it mobile money that would different?

You obviously have zero entrepreneurial spirit which is why you can never be a problem solver
haha. I am.currently in Ghana and there's no one person that's solely doing the mobile money agent thing that's feeding with it. Most of them add electric bill top up and water bill. You don't know anything go and sleep. And people do this because Ghana is safe. How many people will hold 200k in a wooden cubicle and not fret with it in Lagos ? The ship of mobile money has sailed. Unless for rural people. Now borrow sense!
You that's earning 30k to spread propaganda what have you solved ? Lazy pig
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by onatisi(m): 12:02am On Nov 14, 2018
Ambidextrause:
Some bank marketers are about to get tensed. MTN might of course domicile their money in their own bank. A big customer going...
not even that, MTN mobile money payment services is one of the best in the world ,fast and convenient. And secondly they already have a large subscriber base of over 40million . It means you save ur money with mtn and send money to other people with using MTN . Banks really have a lot to worry about,because ppl will practically see no reason to be using banks when ur mobile line can also be ur bank

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Yankee101: 12:02am On Nov 14, 2018
I don't think this is fair. Because it will constitute monopoly of sorts.

Right now they refuse to grant certain mobile banking services to banks. Once they begin they'll ramp up rural banking.

They shouldn't be granted one. Let them pay the billions they owe the country first. And let's not hear it's been reduced.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by onatisi(m): 12:06am On Nov 14, 2018
Mobile payment is the future. Mtn mobile money payment in Ghana has more customers and subscribers than all banks in Ghana . You can deposit anywhere you see an agent and withdraw too,there are many agents and it is safe. Although the naija factor too may affect the system in Nigeria.
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Bobbyfreshh(m): 12:08am On Nov 14, 2018
Okoyeebo:

If you must type, connect your fingers with your brain before typing.
Or, is it an abomination for you to use your flat head to think?
.. Mission accomplished
E PAIN AM
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by bettercreature(m): 12:10am On Nov 14, 2018
gurunlocker:
So you can easily launder money with the bank? grin shocked
My thought exactly
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by MENTORCH(m): 12:49am On Nov 14, 2018
Good,so you can create more jobs.

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by WaffenSS(m): 12:58am On Nov 14, 2018
Welp, the rapture is finally here. Every man for himself
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by emmie14: 1:05am On Nov 14, 2018
Officialpdpnig:
This is why I hate this current version of my party. I thought they said the economic policies of this current fg is chasing away investors?

As long as they remain the liars and thieves as a party then thunder will fire all of them
Stress
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by xtravanganza: 1:07am On Nov 14, 2018
bigpicture001:
....plz think wel again....not a good news at lll
elaborate more... sabinus

Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by berrystunn(m): 1:07am On Nov 14, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

They saw the hand writing that PDP is coming back 2019. So they want to apply now... ,

If not why did they wait till now??
Re: MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO by Dollabiz: 1:11am On Nov 14, 2018

What Can I Buy From Dubai with N500k? / Cash Shortage Hits Banks As TSA Deadline Expires / Access Bank Now Charges N20 For All USSD Transactions