Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,254 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off (3300 Views)

Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out / Mohammed Ali: His Cars And Iconic Photos Of Him In Cars (PHOTOS) / Photos Of Cars And Jets With Matching Colors: They Are Just Too Cute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
Not all Hondas. All models of Honda Civic doesn't have that issue, but Accord models up to 2008 at least have the issue.

Visit www.naijadriva. to read a solution I saw there sometime ago.
Re: Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
adanny01:

Maybe its ur location.

Been using my car almost 4yrs now but never changed the ball joint. I do long trips, long commute and all.

Trust me if you get "genuine" ball joints, you wil forget ball joint.

These part dealers are wicked, apart from the appearance they go as far as putting chinko ball joints in cars for a month the sell them as tokumbo. Thats apart from "kitting".

Toks ball joint and toks shocks are the most difficult to buy if you no shine eye.

Kitting is a big thing up north, just dont do it with chinko. It will pull the next day with chinko but a genuine one will last long even with kitting. I have seen same ball joint kitted 3 times but never pulled.

The steel quality makes the difference.

Like I said, I have seen many tokunbo Honda accords from the 90's to mid 2000's ball joints pull within 2-3 months of purchase especially in Lagos. Trust me Lagos has one of the worst roads especially in the mainland. Are u telling me those ball joints that come with tokunbo cars are chinko? There are more Toyotas than Hondas on Lagos roads, so logically we should be seeing more Toyotas with legs pulled than Hondas but that's not the case, before u will see one Toyota with pulled legs u would have seen like 10 Hondas, and that Toyota would most likely be a 4 runner.

My point is genuine ball joints or not, Honda cars (especially accords) are more prone to leg pull than any other cars. On good roads u might not experience this problem (more reason it doesn't always pull on top speed) but on bad roads it happens a lot.

1 Like

Re: Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off by billy187(m): 9:23am On Nov 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:

My MY02 4Runner pulled angry

First ever in all my years of ownership on various brands.

Was it the tie rods? Funny thing: after posting this, my way home was almost blocked by a 2003ish Tacoma with a pull issue.

It's almost as if the Toyota Illuminati were after me grin
Re: Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off by onatisi(m): 9:30am On Nov 19, 2018
i think proper information and education about the car is the issue . just like someone said earlier , i see lots and lots of honda cars here in accra and not once have i seen one that its legs pulled off , although the roads here are 75-85 percent ok .

2 Likes

Re: Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off by spiralwedge(m): 8:09am On Nov 20, 2018
Been using my Nigerian used baby boy for 5 months now, lovely car, no lele. Although I fear so much for the ball joints, but I have my mechanic check it regularly.

My only worry now is the SIDE AIRBAG occasionally flashing on my dashboard. Is this a problem?

1 Like

Re: Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off by ugreat(m): 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
My Ogas, do CRV(1999/2000 spec) experience the ball-joint issue? I thought it's built on the premise of Civic.
Re: Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off by nurey(m): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
ugreat:
My Ogas, do CRV(1999/2000 spec) experience the ball-joint issue? I thought it's built on the premise of Civic.

1st and 2nd generation crv do experience it and yours fall under 1st
Re: Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off by spiralwedge(m): 10:28am On Dec 21, 2018
If you are using any model of Honda, you need to read this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/996664/maintenance-tips-honda-cars

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Selling Cars At Carmart.ng Is The Best / Honda Accord 2003 V6 Engine Transmission Problem / Suzuki VS VW Golf 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.