Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,448 members, 7,954,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:42 AM

Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist (15156 Views)

South-West Governors, Senators, Reps Insist On 5% For Host Communities / Airforce Crash: "Buhari, Osinbajo Must Avoid Flying Private Jets" - Ohanaeze / Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
1. Osinbajo Illegally Approved Release of N5.8 Billion
Presenting the committee’s report for consideration during plenary on Thursday, the chairman of the committee, Ali Isa (Gombe). said as the then acting president, Mr Osinbajo illegally approved the release of N5.8 billion in June 2017 from the Consolidated Revenue Fund Account to NEMA.

The committee chairman, Ali Isa, while presenting the report said the authorisation for the release of the fund for emergency food intervention in the North East contravened Section 80(4) of the 1999 Constitution as amended.

The section states that, “No money shall be withdrawn from the Consolidated Revenue Fund or any other public fund of the federation, except in the manner prescribed by the National Assembly”.

2. Osinbajo Authorised It And Ensured That Taxes Accruable To FIRS were not deducted nor did He Seek Approval of FEC

The lawmakers also stated that the authorisation did not follow due process as taxes and interest accruable to the government were not deducted or remitted to FIRS and no meeting of the Federal Executive Council approved the contracts.

3. The Monies Were Shared To Individual Banks And Violated The Law on Approval Limit
The committee said the funds were credited directly to the individual banks of the companies and NEMA’s bank account, in violation of the approval limit allowed by law.

4. How Osinbajo And Friends Shared The Money
The committee said out of the N5.8 billion, NEMA got N829 million for logistics and claimed it spent N369.5 million on general logistics; N189 million on branding and packaging; N248.6 million on branding and packaging and N21.9 million on contingency.

5. Committee Report Was Adopted
The House, adopting the recommendations of the report, called for the dismissal and prosecution of the director-general of NEMA, Mustapha Maihaja, for fraud, corruption and embezzlement of N33 billion Emergency Intervention Fund, as well as all the government officials involved in the approval, processing, release and diversion of the fund.

It also said the Central Bank of Nigeria, being banker to the federal government, should not have been involved in giving loans to private companies and as such, should be investigated for the N2 billion loan said to have been given to four named companies.

The committee’s investigation of NEMA covered the release of N5.8 billion and N3.1 billion emergency food intervention of food security in the North East in 2017; the 6, 779 metric tonnes of rice donated by the Chinese government to IDPs in the North East and the payment of about N800 million demurrage on the donated rice.

The committee stated that N33 billion was lost by the federal government due to Mr Maihaja’s mismanagement and outright embezzlement of funds.

6. The House Called For Sack Of DG-NEMA
The House unanimously agreed to ask President Muhammadu Buhari to relieve the director-general of NEMA of his duties and hand him over to relevant authorities for prosecution.

7. Fellow Nigerians What Happens To Yemi Osinbajo?

Articles was sourced from Premium Times

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/294766-breaking-reps-panel-indicts-osinbajo-calls-for-sack-of-nema-boss.html

Written by Tonyebarcanista

Let's Make Nigeria Working Again...

Please if you can't explain item 4 in detail, i.e going beyond the figures provided by NEMA, to state how monies were divided and the separate accounts that received them, then all you have succeeded in doing is noise with no substance.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Jameseye: 10:22am On Nov 14, 2018
cyberguy72:
Empty Vessel

Please, try to read beyond the headlines
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 14, 2018
Gandollar:
Osunbande is going to jail. He's been caught red handed.

Problem tie niyen
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Nasir123(m): 10:24am On Nov 14, 2018
CilicMarin:
Useless Rep!

Very very useless set of people.
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 14, 2018
[quote author=chidima2019 post=72950005

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Xisnin(m): 10:27am On Nov 14, 2018
yerokunphilips:
CBN made the proposal for approval of 30,905.08 Metric Tonnes at N5,229,685,333.26. Of that amount
These presidential approvals were well within the clear constitutional authority of the Acting President, who needed to take emergency steps to forestall acute food shortages in the affected States and there was nothing illegal or unconstitutional about them. The approvals were duly communicated by the Deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor of Central Bank, Director General of NEMA and the Minister of Finance for implementation.
Hatred and tribalism have blinded some people sense of reasoning ,love for others and fear of God .there was an emergency ,a good leader will first come to recused of his people first , the guy was the acting President for God sake . Okay should have awaited for the National Assembly to approval the money,which may take weeks or months before giving the money for the people to eat . Thank God is not that he used the money to pay personal bill, or approved it for his family members . It's for Nigerian in distress . I PRAY THAT NON OF US WE PASS THROUGH WHAT THOSE PEOPLE IN IDP CAMP IS PASSING THROUGH .

Very dumb emotional comment.
Where is 5.8 billion naira?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 14, 2018
[quote author=renewa29 post=72957054]

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Xfemt(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2018
MrAJQ:
The NASS don't understand or understand but decides to ignore the full contest of Nigeria constitution.

The picture below explain the PDP in full context
mumu Watin concern pdp and money wan osibande steal

Okponu oshi

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Olowola2: 10:37am On Nov 14, 2018
Nigerian pls lets wake up these peoples [buhari,oshinbajo,atiku,apc,pdp] they are birds of same feathers........no to vote for anybody pls.........this country is full of shit, our senators deserve nothing than death.....we are in pain because of all this peoples.....beggars full street cos of APC AND PDP.......until we fight for freedom, we shall entitle to kingdom....
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:38am On Nov 14, 2018
renewa29:

Please if you can't explain item 4 in detail, i.e going beyond the figures provided by NEMA, to state how monies were divided and the separate accounts that received them, then all you have succeeded in doing is noise with no substance.
You mean this detail? grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:39am On Nov 14, 2018
KelB:
If I be Osibanjo
I go Jst tell dem
Ogbeni come nd collect the 5.8b
E dey my account

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 14, 2018
wiskana4re:

IT IS U I PITY, because THE PERSON WHO BROUGHT THIS INFO TO U SEARCH IT ON ITS OWN, FIRST U ARE A LAZY FELLOW, BLINDED BY SYCOPHANCY AND LASTLY JUST TOO DULL TO UNDERSTAND THE RHETORIC OF NATION HOOD.

Listen you quadratic assembly of stupidity, if you want to argue, then do so with facts; secondly write in lower case letters instead of using all caps, furthermore present an argument which is worthy of conversation, rather than resorting to insults.

I don't want to rate your level of intelligence because quite frankly, if you had an iota of sense you won't have replied me, but since you have done so, it is in the interest of anyone who reads this thread, for me to state that you are an exponential proponent of hatred and thus far, I see no reason to believe anything else because you have portrayed your level of idiocy in the post I quoted.
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You mean this detail? grin
It's the season so enjoy the campaign. grin grin grin But if the end does not favor you in February, at least you would have received mobilization.
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Great2017: 11:10am On Nov 14, 2018
MYHUBBY:

those you mentioned are dreamers. of course obi might still be elected one day in the presidency because he's still young but Atiku can't be Nigeria president not 2019, not forever
When did you become God to decide the affairs of men? If Atiku is destined to be the Nigerian president, one trillion of you cannot stop it.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Thanks2God: 11:25am On Nov 14, 2018
FG should implement 2017 agreement reached with ASUU so that Nigeria students can continue their study

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by michoim(m): 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2018
The committee sent on oversight functions by Saraki/Dogara have only mandate:just to indite the executive whether legally or illegally. But they will fail because they won't have substantial evidence except to dwell on false propaganda as PDP will always do
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by michoim(m): 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2018
Brandishing a memo...this PDP never cease to amaze me...so they are moving from false propaganda to brandishing memos. ..is this the stupid strategy that Atiku/Saraki/PDP went for in Dubai?
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by MrAJQ(m): 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2018
Xfemt:
mumu Watin concern pdp and money wan osibande steal

Okponu oshi

Tell them at home to teach you on public conduct
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Ojiofor: 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2018
Osibanjo see your theiving life,what a roguery deceitful fake pastor.
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2018
[
You always find ways to defend bad things. This might kill your reputation in future. Don't be biased . Analysethings before you talk .

quote author=yerokunphilips post=72951282]CBN made the proposal for approval of 30,905.08 Metric Tonnes at N5,229,685,333.26. Of that amount
These presidential approvals were well within the clear constitutional authority of the Acting President, who needed to take emergency steps to forestall acute food shortages in the affected States and there was nothing illegal or unconstitutional about them. The approvals were duly communicated by the Deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor of Central Bank, Director General of NEMA and the Minister of Finance for implementation.
Hatred and tribalism have blinded some people sense of reasoning ,love for others and fear of God .there was an emergency ,a good leader will first come to recused of his people first , the guy was the acting President for God sake . Okay should have awaited for the National Assembly to approval the money,which may take weeks or months before giving the money for the people to eat . Thank God is not that he used the money to pay personal bill, or approved it for his family members . It's for Nigerian in distress . I PRAY THAT NON OF US WE PASS THROUGH WHAT THOSE PEOPLE IN IDP CAMP IS PASSING THROUGH .[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Charly68: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2018
PDP and its online agents are bent to bring the VP down at all costs..their plan has failed already .
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 14, 2018
Thief thief short fake pastor.
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by MYHUBBY: 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
Great2017:

When did you become God to decide the affairs of men? If Atiku is destined to be the Nigerian president, one trillion of you cannot stop it.

politics is about know how and this has nothing to so with God decide. poll and the voters decide

the truth is Atiku can never become Nigeria president not 2019, not forever

citizens elect their leaders not God, politics go beyond spiritual and emotional
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by MYHUBBY: 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
Gandollar:
Dreamer! Osunbande cannot be president and I will tell you why. Tiffnubu had thought buhari would die in his first year in office while osunbande would now become president and he Tiffnubu would be the president's godfather. But fulanis played a fast one on them and after buhari died in London hospital, the quickly cloned a buhari look-alike, a certain jubrin from Sudan to act as buhari.
The results of that cloning is what we see today, a living but lifeless president.

is that what KANU told you again because you people don't have a working brain of your own

continue fooling yourself with your manipulative thought. Atiku can and would never become Nigeria president no matter how them try to strategize from wherever place they're going to
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Great2017: 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2018
MYHUBBY:

politics is about know how and this has nothing to so with God decide. poll and the voters decide

Yes, Nigerian voters will decide Atiku's fate and not you. You are too infinitesimal.

MYHUBBY:

the truth is Atiku can never become Nigeria president not 2019, not forever

Which truth are you referring to? In this case, the truth can never be your sentimental wish.

MYHUBBY:

citizens elect their leaders not God, politics go beyond spiritual and emotional

Yes, citizens elect their leaders. Nigerians will determine whether Atiku will be their next President or not and not you.
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Xfemt(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2018
MrAJQ:

Tell them at home to teach you on public conduct
big for notin
As u big reach u no get sense

Na ur family wan de give u money to de buy mb I blame
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by MYHUBBY: 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
Great2017:

Yes, Nigerian voters will decide Atiku's fate and not you. You are too infinitesimal.

Which truth are you referring to? In this case, the truth can never be your sentimental wish.

Yes, citizens elect their leaders. Nigerians will determine whether Atiku will be their next President or not and not you.

guy continue lining up with your hallucination. I'm being realistic here, Atiku can't win 2019 election but I leave you to your ignorance
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Great2017: 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2018
MYHUBBY:

guy continue lining up with your hallucination. I'm being realistic here, Atiku can't win 2019 election but I leave you to your ignorance
Who will be the next president of Nigeria will be decided by nigerians and not you.
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by MYHUBBY: 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2018
Great2017:

Who will be the next president of Nigeria will be decided by nigerians and not you.

but you're here consoling yourself here that atiku will win? your conviction about him has nothing to do with me but a good political analyst knows Atiku can't relegate Buhari at the poll in 2019

atiku can't even win upto 40% in north which I believe north central and north east agree he came from will give him 40% in North

Atiku would win nothing less than 98% in East, even a layman knows that

in south south Atiku will get nothing less than 55% in south south and I tell you Buhari will get 45% in south

in west, Atiku can't get 35%. PDP is dead in southwest. I bet you no PDP will win governorship election in west just as no APC will governorship election in East. buhari will win 65% in west

this is just the raw truth. so tell me how Atiku will defeat Buhari

if I had time I will analyse why atiku will win some places and loose some places and explained how buhari will loose some and win some as well

politics is static
Re: Osinbajo Must Answer For N5.8b Fraud, Reps Insist by Great2017: 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2018
MYHUBBY:

but you're here consoling yourself here that atiku will win? your conviction about him has nothing to do with me but a good political analyst knows Atiku can't relegate Buhari at the poll in 2019

atiku can't even win upto 40% in north which I believe north central and north east agree he came from will give him 40% in North

Atiku would win nothing less than 98% in East, even a layman knows that

in south south Atiku will get nothing less than 55% in south south and I tell you Buhari will get 45% in south

in west, Atiku can't get 35%. PDP is dead in southwest. I bet you no PDP will win governorship election in west just as no APC will governorship election in East. buhari will win 65% in west

this is just the raw truth. so tell me how Atiku will defeat Buhari

if I had time I will analyse why atiku will win some places and loose some places and explained how buhari will loose some and win some as well

politics is static
There is no where in my earlier posts I rooted for any candidate. All I have said is that Nigerians would determine whom their next president would be. Is that too difficult to comprehend?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herdsmen Menace/banditry: Lagos, Benue, Ebonyi, Five Others To Acquire Drones / Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists / “There Is So Much Eagerness To Discredit Us"- Nigerian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.