Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. (25900 Views)

Okenegoro: Sex Slavery In Cross River State (money Wives) Public Eye Episode 5 / Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by babacletus: 10:00am On Nov 14, 2018
horsepower101:
What about the indigenous igbos people that were carved into crossrivers state during state creation. Doesn’t that mean that they cant have eze in their ancestral land.

These people need to calm down with igbophobia and leave it for losers. Igbophobia has a tendency to blind people because it is driven by blind hate.

Fellow igbos should Join the conversation at www.igbo-unity.com
so by this logic, there can be Attah Igala of Anambra State
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by pryme(m): 10:00am On Nov 14, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
I know my people, they will still go ahead with it no matter the threat

And when they pounce on them, you people will start playing the victim card, and calling out to UN, saying Ibos are hated all over the country.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by MrSly(m): 10:00am On Nov 14, 2018
Jax1:

Ohaneze ndigbo and Eze ndigbo, what is the difference?
Ohaneze ndiigbo is an assembly of Igbo people, both the noble and the commoners. Ezendigbo is a mischievous title given to an assumed leader of anynigbo community in diaspora. Like I said it is mischievous because all Igbo have a community they come from and a king or igwe or obi. There is no need for ezendigbo titles. I am an Anambrarian.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by mikeapollo: 10:02am On Nov 14, 2018
chinjo:
The Hausa's have the Sarikin Hausawa who resides in Nasarawa Bakoko, 8miles in calabar so why are they raising alarm over eze ndigbo who naturally is a subject of the Obong of Calabar. In calabar, the Obong is just like a nickname. They don't have regards for him at all. It is only in calabar that a traditional ruler goes to work (Palace) like any other civil servant. He lives in Adiabo Tinapa road and his palace is in Calabar South. 80% of residents in calabar does not even know the name of the Obong let alone know him in person.

Sarikin Hausawa is not ''Emir Hausawa'' An Eze is equivalent of an Emir or Oba''. Sarikin means leader or head of a community, not a ''King''
What the Igbo's are attempting to do is create a ''Kingdom within a Kingdom''.

They have exported the madness to other parts of the country and even outside. You can imagine a nonentity who calls himself an Eze Ndigbo of Akure walking into the Oba's palace with his own ''crown'' on the head and not bowing to pay homage to the King.
Creating problems every they go.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by babacletus: 10:02am On Nov 14, 2018
zeromeridian:
wait a minute, is President or Chaiman lgbo words?
what is the Ibo translation of leader?
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:04am On Nov 14, 2018
technicallyrich:

afonja.
There igbos in almost every ss state except bayelsa.
In ss,we ijaws are the first tribe as we are in every ss state including ondo and edo state.
Igbos are the second with the highest population as they are in almost every ss state excluding ondo and bayelsa.
The rest have indigenous igbos.
For your info ijaws rule ss and we ijaws support biafra.you can ask asari,gej,tompolo etc.
Go back to osun state my yoruba muslim brothewr

Ijaws rule SS
This guy don drink monkey tail this morning. Go and sleep it off.
Ijaws are an educational and developmentally backward minority in Edo, Delta, Rivers, Cross River and Akwa Ibom. They are a majority (and still underprivileged) in Bayelsa. So how do you rule SS ?
As I suggested, go and sleep off your high.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by pryme(m): 10:04am On Nov 14, 2018
Darachi:
Your Majesty , don't worry yourself too much about the title.They said Exe ndigbo of Cross Rivers...not the non Igbos.Besides,the title does not threaten anybody..your interference is productive of idleness... concentrate on freeing your people from the shackles of economic degradation.

Remove the Name Cross-river from the title, it's not your state, hence you have no right to dish out traditional titles to another state.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Gangster1ms: 10:05am On Nov 14, 2018
Westbestside:
See them blaming yorubas, their nightmare grin. Like i said, they cannot eat, na yorubas, they kill them in indonesia, na yorubas hehehehehe. Yoruba din do this one shege
Your love for the igbos sha.. i don see several of ur comments on this thread and i know your type.
Sorry grin
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Slikbae: 10:05am On Nov 14, 2018
You do know SSners are the tribes in the Niger Delta and not igbos right?
totit:

You are right @your last statement.. Human beings are territorial by nature.
I just pity the " we the S.S " miscreants grin.
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Slikbae: 10:07am On Nov 14, 2018
Please do you have any idea why the cross riverians may be opposed to the title "Eze ndigbo" ?
Bennycollins:
In as much as I am sentimentally attached to the igbos, I stand with my traditional rulers. You can call it any other title, not Eze ndigbo of cross River. Let's look at it from the opposite angle.
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by totit: 10:07am On Nov 14, 2018
Slikbae:
You do know SSners are the tribes in the Niger Delta and not igbos right?

Of course! wink
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 14, 2018
mikeapollo:

Sarikin Hausawa is not ''Emir Hausawa'' An Eze is equivalent of an Emir or Oba''. Sarikin means leader or head of a community, not a ''King''
What the Igbo's are attempting to do is create a ''Kingdom within a Kingdom''.

They have exported the madness to other parts of the country and even outside. You can imagine a nonentity who calls himself an Eze Ndigbo of Akure walking into the Oba's palace with his own ''crown'' on the head and not bowing to pay homage to the King.
Creating problems every they go.

Please you are wrong the title for King is Igwe or Obi and not Eze. Please we should not politicize everything na

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by pryme(m): 10:09am On Nov 14, 2018
chinjo:
The Hausa's have the Sarikin Hausawa who resides in Nasarawa Bakoko, 8miles in calabar so why are they raising alarm over eze ndigbo who naturally is a subject of the Obong of Calabar. In calabar, the Obong is just like a nickname. They don't have regards for him at all. It is only in calabar that a traditional ruler goes to work (Palace) like any other civil servant. He lives in Adiabo Tinapa road and his palace is in Calabar South. 80% of residents in calabar does not even know the name of the Obong let alone know him in person.

And because of that you deemed it fit to use "Cross-river" in your traditional title?

Wait wait wait...
are you trying to challenge the owners of the land?
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by SaintLucia: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2018
shortgun:

Why are there no sultan of Kaduna, kastsina or Lagos?
Why are there no Oni of Akure, Osun, or Surelere?
Only one Sultan since the time of Usman Dan Fodio with the headquarter in Sokoto. The Emirs represent him in other northern territory. If not for colonialism, the Sultan and with the advice of his councils are suppose to chose and appoint Emir to other northern kingdom not the State governor like we have today. Now ask yourself where the title of Obi and Eze which mean FISH in Etsako language come from?

I swear you be mumu. Oni, Ila, Timi, Alafin, Deji, Ataoja just like Sultan and Emir are some of the highest title in Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani land. You can't see any of their kinsmen in another man's land using those titles. How will you understand when You and I know that there is no King in Igbo land, I repeat all those mumu Ezes you see are "Chief Warrants" during the time of colonialism. Case closed. Go and read the history of your people, you can't know better than the Calabar people.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by efeski(m): 10:14am On Nov 14, 2018
shortgun:

Don't derail.
Let's discuss the topic at hand.
Were u there when all these people were killed?
Are u among the people that killed them?

Dude it's called facts!!! or didnt you study a bit of history or government in secondary school?

I dont need to be there when shit happened. We know by what we've read and what our parents told us and no that wasnt an attempt to derail the thread but simply to point out that you guys always try to be clever by half like you're doing at the moment.

It happened in the instance i referenced and you're doing the same thing by asking me silly and dumb questions not expected of a 5 year old just to prove a moot point which is dead on arrival, null and void and of no effect whatsoever on this here thread.

Try something else eh?
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by pryme(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2018
SaintLucia:
mumu like you. Sarki is just a normal name compare to the titles of Sultan and Emir. Have u ever seen a northerners in Southwest or Southeast/south calling themselves Emir of Lagos, IMO, River, Benin, Ibadan, Onitsha etc?

The narcissists won't understand this, they think they can go to someone's land and claim a traditional title over that state.
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by danwilliams4u(m): 10:21am On Nov 14, 2018
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by EricBloodAxe: 10:23am On Nov 14, 2018
senatordave1:

Am not surprised, heard the news this morning on sparkling fm and was even about to post the news.i think the ndidem of the quas who is radical in nature is behind it,thats patrick oqua.
Again,this will also have political implications.ss and se are no more one politically.only south east will end up voting atiku
Igbos should respect laws and customs of people's lands. This has nothing to do with radical nature of Patrick Oqua or whatever. Even if they claim it's insignificant or not a threat to the royal chiefs it still doesn't make sense. Tradition is tradition and must be respected.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Dpharisee: 10:23am On Nov 14, 2018
Diiet:

I like this.
The indegenes of any land would feel threatened by the ever increase in population of non indegenes among them for obvious reasons. You igbos would feel same way if it were the other way round.

There are indigenous Igbo communities in Cross River, Rivers, Edo, Delta, Akwa-Ibom just as there are indigenous Igala communities in Anambra and Enugu, Idoma in Enugu, some tribes like Abi, Biase are both in Ebonyi and Cross River, Ibibios are also in parts of Abia State and others and it has never being made an issue because the Igbos are too busy to bother about trivialities.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Dpharisee: 10:26am On Nov 14, 2018
Diiet:

I like this.
The indegenes of any land would feel threatened by the ever increase in population of non indegenes among them for obvious reasons. You igbos would feel same way if it were the other way round.

There are Igbos indigenous in Cross River State same way you have Yorubas indigenous in Kogi State. Learn your history sad

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Dpharisee: 10:29am On Nov 14, 2018
SaintLucia:
mumu like you. Sarki is just a normal name compare to the titles of Sultan and Emir. Have u ever seen a northerners in Southwest or Southeast/south calling themselves Emir of Lagos, IMO, River, Benin, Ibadan, Onitsha etc?

The real title of the Emir of Kano is Mai Mataba SARKIN Kano, Emir is the Arabized version. Learn your history sad

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Afonja007: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2018
PVision2020:
My yeastern blodas and their wahala na like MTN... every where you (dey) go.
no me lie hanty kemi no mind omo igbo after all we vote for cange
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by horsepower101: 10:33am On Nov 14, 2018
babacletus:

so by this logic, there can be Attah Igala of Anambra State

yes very correct.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Westbestside: 10:33am On Nov 14, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

LMAO, look at this braided mofo
I guess Tunde, Ade , ayo owns facebook twitter and instagram..
That's why u have accounts on those platforms.
Sophisticated mor0n indeed
Lol, my yamin friends, i repeat, since your father mr chukwudi own nairaland, you can tell us where to comment. Oh, sorry my yaminlo fwend, my bad i hve forgotten that it is chinedu that owns instagram, chidi owns facebook, emeka own amazon, chigozie owns twitter grin. Let not forget, we have to blame afonjas for this. My yaminist fwend agama

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by enemyofprogress: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2018
Igbos have a lot in common with Fulani herdsmen,that is why everybody ates them

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Dpharisee: 10:36am On Nov 14, 2018
toolovely:
i am igbo but they have bastardized our traditional institutions. i don't understand the reason for this eze ndigbo nonesense. i blame our governors that have politicized the institution. an Eze should have a territory or a kingdom he rules over. how can you be Eze on another man's land? which territory do you have?

Gerrout you scalywag, is Eze not an Igbo word, did he call himself Obong of Igbos in Cross Rivers. Nonsense Afonja blooded Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 14, 2018
igbos like dominating everywhere, strange behavior from a tribe that claims it knows no king.

if the muslims.build a mosque in their communities they will shout marginilazation, how can you have your own traditional ruler in a strange land, the obongs and etuboms wont allow it.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by awoofawoo: 10:37am On Nov 14, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
Ndigbo must respect the laws of their host community.

Two captains can't be on one ship .
Igbo are mostly the only one having problems with their host communities..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by slim75d(m): 10:38am On Nov 14, 2018
afonja.
There igbos in almost every ss state except bayelsa.
In ss,we ijaws are the first tribe as we are in every ss state including ondo and edo state.
u re shameless iboman claimin ijaw just 2 make ppl feel dat d ss $ se re 2geda.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Dpharisee: 10:38am On Nov 14, 2018
Westbestside:
See them blaming yorubas, their nightmare grin. Like i said, they cannot eat, na yorubas, they kill them in indonesia, na yorubas hehehehehe. Yoruba din do this one shege

They are blaming Yoruba Afonja Muslims not Yorubas, they respect true Yorubas not Afoja Muslims who sold Ilorin to Fulanis
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by akigbemaru: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2018
horsepower101:
What about the indigenous igbos people that were carved into crossrivers state during state creation. Doesn’t that mean that they cant have eze in their ancestral land.

These people need to calm down with igbophobia and leave it for losers. Igbophobia has a tendency to blind people because it is driven by blind hate.

Fellow igbos should Join the conversation at www.igbo-unity.com
Re: Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. by Westbestside: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2018
Gangster1ms:

Your love for the igbos sha.. i don see several of ur comments on this thread and i know your type.
Sorry grin
Who be diz?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Having A Sixth Finger / Cultural-Political Attire From Different States / Aminat Abiodun, Iyalode Of Ibadan Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.