Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Why I Won't Vote For Banky W - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won't Vote For Banky W (636 Views)

Speakership: We Know Those We Won't Vote For -LP Reps Members / I Won't Vote For Peter Obi Again / You Won't Vote In 2019 - Buhari To Nigerians In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won't Vote For Banky W by derrydinny: 8:55am On Nov 14, 2018
recently, bankole wellington popularly known as bankyW declared his intention to contest in the 2019 elections for house of reps. It is a welcome development no doubt because bankyW is a young man and being a celeb, it will call the attention of other young men to go into politics to save our nation. I won't vote for him though but I Have my reasons
1) BankyW before coming out to contest has never talked about the plight of eti-osa people infact over 80% of his fans never knew he was from eti-osa, they just knew he was a lagosian. He never deemed it fit to bring to light the sufferings of eti-osa people to the world and try to use the popularity he has to help them, why should I then vote for a man that suddenly came out to contest without showing concern towards eti-osa

2)BankyW failed at music management. This may not be valid but it is still a good reason, someone that failed at music as a singer(when last did he make a hit) and also failed as a label owner(EME didn't last really long) cannot be trusted to become a lead and represent a federal consistuency. He has a bad track record as a manager, his career is nothing to write home about.

3)His wedding outside Nigeria was unpatriotic and undeserving of a nigerian politician. Even though some may say that it is his personal business, nonetheless, it is not reasonable. Someone that couldn't sell nigeria to the world by having his wedding at home, shouldn't be trusted in politics, he will likely make more appearances in dubai/london hotels than the green chamber. Being a society wedding, imagine the job opportunities banky's wedding would create, photographers would make money, ushers, sound and effects technicians, cleaners, cabbies, caterers and tailors would have made money from the event and bankyW could have in a small way helped some nigerians when we were deep in financial crisis. You might want to support his venue decision being a fan but how would you feel if the president or vice president held the wedding of his daughter abroad?

I know my opinion doesn't count but I just wanted to say my mind, you can't just think your popularity will win you elections when you haven't done anything tangible for the people you want to represent.

no bash me abeg, na my mind I talk

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Vote For Banky W by lwise(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2018
derrydinny:
recently, bankole wellington popularly known as bankyW declared his intention to contest in the 2019 elections for house of reps. It is a welcome development no doubt because bankyW is a young man and being a celeb, it will call the attention of other young men to go into politics to save our nation. I won't vote for him though but I Have my reasons
1) BankyW before coming out to contest has never talked about the plight of eti-osa people infact over 80% of his fans never knew he was from eti-osa, they just knew he was a lagosian. He never deemed it fit to bring to light the sufferings of eti-osa people to the world and try to use the popularity he has to help them, why should I then vote for a man that suddenly came out to contest without showing concern towards eti-osa

2)BankyW failed at music management. This may not be valid but it is still a good reason, someone that failed at music as a singer(when last did he make a hit) and also failed as a label owner(EME didn't last really long) cannot be trusted to become a lead and represent a federal consistuency. He has a bad track record as a manager, his career is nothing to write home about.

3)His wedding outside Nigeria was unpatriotic and undeserving of a nigerian politician. Even though some may say that it is his personal business, nonetheless, it is not reasonable. Someone that couldn't sell nigeria to the world by having his wedding at home, shouldn't be trusted in politics, he will likely make more appearances in dubai/london hotels than the green chamber. Being a society wedding, imagine the job opportunities banky's wedding would create, photographers would make money, ushers, sound and effects technicians, cleaners, cabbies, caterers and tailors would have made money from the event and bankyW could have in a small way helped some nigerians when we were deep in financial crisis. You might want to support his venue decision being a fan but how would you feel if the president or vice president held the wedding of his daughter abroad?

I know my opinion doesn't count but I just wanted to say my mind, you can't just think your popularity will win you elections when you haven't done anything tangible for the people you want to represent.

no bash me abeg, na my mind I talk

You sound stupid,the person that will make Nigeria work again,will the person drop from heaven.
Re: Why I Won't Vote For Banky W by mrjaydee(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2018
Adesua right now after reading this.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Vote For Banky W by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2018
mrjaydee:
Adesua right now after reading this.

Lol! grin

I don laugh tire.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Vote For Banky W by Countertenor(m): 11:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
Babe, U over make sense joor.

He wanted to use his popularity Meyer to fleece Us.
I was more than a little happy he didn't make it.

God cash him. grin

(1) (Reply)

T A Orji Rejected As Madman Tears Campaign Posters - Aypn / Reasons Why Ike Ekweremadu Cannot Lose An Election In Enugu West / Nairalanders, How Can We Improve Nigeria As Citizens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.