Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:59 PM

Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy (10977 Views)

Apapa-road Gridlock: How Companies Move Cargoes From Lagos Ports -PHOTOS / Apapa Gridlock Traps 50,000 Tonnes Of Cashew Nuts Worth ₦108b In Lagos Ports / Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by LZAA: 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
IBBG:
shebi them no want develop other seaports. When you hold others down, you too will remain down.
This one is not even developing
Its opening
That's why i laff wen i see afonjas shouting the SE is small forgetting lagos is the smallest state in nigger area
U shut down other places because once other places open up no sane business man will clear in onitsha and start moving to lagos(the former fed capital)
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by tomdon(m): 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
IBBG:
shebi them no want develop other seaports. When you hold others down, you too will remain down.

This is a very thoughtless thing to say.
Tackling the challenges of Lagos port is imminent and it does not mean they are trying to hold any others down. Just a warped mentality
There is need to revitalize other ports port it is not based on holding others down or not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by Smile4daddy(m): 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2018
More 4 years for PMB, Nigeria will be great.

1 Like

Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by PapaBaby: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2018
Buhari why?
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by cyprex: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
IBBG:

Who be them?
You mean previous administration?
Hopefully, all those errors would be corrected soon.

1 Like

Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by Dinho20(m): 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
Okoyeebo:

Ofe onugbu, I heard they usually wash you in the mud. When you're not a pig. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4829903/market-women-washing-bitterleaf-stream

1 Like

Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by free2ryhme: 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
I consulted for a company last year who owned over 40 flatbed trucks which were used for inbound logistics from the port.
I swear, sometime in October 2017 I lost my voice from constant screaming over the phone to drivers, port staff, my port supervisors, some area boys who I had to paddy and even one or 2 policemen! I was almost hospitalised due to exhaustion!
And I havent even talked about the clients!!! cry
No, never again!
People doing this business today are the real super heroes!

5 Likes

Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by PenileFitness: 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
Niger republic has decided to use Cotonou ports.
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by obonujoker(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2018
OfficialAPCNGR:
Please give us another 4 years to correct these errors.

Lol....
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by docadams: 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:
I swear.... $19 billion this year?
APC has zero management skills.

Your newly adopted messiah, Atiku, made the other ports nonfunctional
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by jadams: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2018
Frankbaro:
Since everything must happen in Lagos, let it happen in Lagos. They ain't seen nothing yet, since the Government, out of wickedness, sheer stupidity and greed have refused to allow other Sea Port's to be functional and operational.
What do u expect, when all Importations & Exportations are concentrated in Lagos at the detriment of other zones.

Wailers will wail forever .
And your kind hearted PDP did not open up the other ports in its 16 years of power

Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by cyberguy72(m): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2018
docadams:

Zombie u lie
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by higgs: 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2018
These are the sort of problems I thought the Buhari administration would have solved within one year.So the "no non sense" comptroller of customs has not been able to make our ports operationally efficient?
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by Akinz0126(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
originally:
Lol

Is that really coastal?
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by kolexy(m): 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
AZeD1:

Onne works. That's the port that handles Nigeria's crude.

Lol....Nigerian crude indeed. So crude oil don turn to cargo abi? Anyway, I agree with you comment that Onne works? but I don't have the full details on the reason people prefer Lagos port. A lot of people still use Onne port, so the so called closure is nothing but the creation of lazy journalists.
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by kolexy(m): 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
higgs:
These are the sort of problems I thought the Buhari administration would have solved within one year.So the "no non sense" comptroller of customs has not been able to make our ports operationally efficient?

Controller of customers for port matter? Broz fear God oo
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by Yankee101: 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2018
APC appointed Customs boss and NPA head, Madam Bala Usman wetin una dey do?

Tariffs are higher and service is poorer.

You go buy car abroad and almost pay same amount just to clear.

What nonsense? And some people that don't interact with the real economy are asking for 4 more years of APC because they don't know any better.

1 Like

Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by Tafugo: 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2018
IBBG:
Tell your brothers to stop piracy and kidnapping so the ports in your area would be safe for ships to come

2 Likes

Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
Too much insecurities in Port Harcourt and South East in general.That is why every body come to Lagos Port.

1 Like

Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by Titogbanski: 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2018
Whether it is Calabar, Port Harcourt, Warri, Sapele, Koko.........all goods must pass through one Port only.....LAGOS
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by RALPHOW(m): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2018
Omooba77:
Still wonder why Onne, Calabar and Warri ports are not functioning; politics, fear, selfishness and mistrust abi lalasticlala?

Pyracy, Shallow Water, bad road for trailers and High State Tax!
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by rajansingh: 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
Morpheus TV app comes with a very clean and sleek interface which will surely give you a fun user experience for sure.
https://morpheustv.online/
Re: Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy by Bitterleafsoup: 4:58am On Nov 15, 2018
docadams:

fu?K Atiku

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Payment To International Schools - Help Needed Urgently!!! / FRSC Returns Kaduna Crash Victim’s N.4m To Family / Nigerian Airlines Lose Lucrative West Coast Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.