Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry (4459 Views)

Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / 3 Lessons To Learn From Mary And Martha / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00am On Jan 05, 2019
Aizenosa:

Please who made you god to judge us for what we believe.

It is the Word of God that judges you not me.
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:04am On Jan 05, 2019
Aizenosa:

If God can use a box, how much more a human being, then you spew more rubbish about Mary this Mary that, why is her name causing you headaches. Sincerely we don't understand your problem.
Then you go and bring kumuyi flyer and when he tells you he wants to pray for you, you lie down on the ground to receive prayer and apter that you come here and start judging others.

Brood of vipers is the term.

I am not encouraging you to worship the image of any person/thing. Please read Exodus 20:4-5 for clarification. smiley
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by alfaman3: 2:16am On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me (Exodus 20:4-5)

When God instructed Moses to make an image of a bronze serpent and hang it on a tree for the dying Israelites to look on for them to be healed, He did not tell them to worship that image, it was an instruction to be carried out for them to be healed at that point in time. But you should trust human beings who are always prone to worship any image created by man. It is a sin to make a graven image in order to worship it. Don't bow down to anything but God. (See Exodus 20:4-5).

So we can make graven images as long as we don't worship them? LOL

2 Likes

Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Aizenosa(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I am not encouraging you to worship the image of any person/thing. Please read Exodus 20:4-5 for clarification. smiley

Oga seems your ears or eyes in this case is paining you. Twisting scripture has been your specialty since time memorial.

God is not an author of confusion, you had nothing meaningful to say since

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Aizenosa(m): 9:23am On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

It is the Word of God that judges you not me.

Is it the same word of God that made you type rubbish all over this thread, no my friend it's not the word of God it's ur personal thought that has been spewed.

2 Likes

Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Yale9(m): 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

who exactly is worshipping what? I know Catholics worship God only so?
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2019
alfaman3:

So we can make graven images as long as we don't worship them? LOL

That is the point. No one is saying that you shouldn't draw, carve images or take pictures as long as you don't make them an object of worship.
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2019
Aizenosa:

Oga seems your ears or eyes in this case is paining you. Twisting scripture has been your specialty since time memorial.

God is not an author of confusion, you had nothing meaningful to say since

The moment you begin to attack and ridicule the person that is when I know that you've lost the plot. There are many educated people on this site but it amazes me that religion would not allow them to understand a simple biblical text. undecided
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2019
Aizenosa:

Is it the same word of God that made you type rubbish all over this thread, no my friend it's not the word of God it's ur personal thought that has been spewed.

If you read the word of God without filtering it through your religious prism you will have no problem understanding the Word of God as it is written. smiley
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2019
Yale9:

who exactly is worshipping what? I know Catholics worship God only so?

Do you bow down to the image of Mary? undecided
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by savagefinder1: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2019
this thread is educative I am learning... lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Yale9(m): 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

we bow down to judges in court as a tradition. Is it in worship of them?
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Yale9(m): 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

we bow down to judges in court as a tradition. Is it in worship of them? Infact why do u single out Mary? Why not peter or James or John or others. Perhaps to you, Catholics worship everybody.
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2019
Yale9:

we bow down to judges in court as a tradition. Is it in worship of them? Infact why do u single out Mary? Why not peter or James or John or others. Perhaps to you, Catholics worship everybody.

There is nothing wrong in bowing down as a posture of respect but when it becomes a posture of worship is when you are going too far.
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Yale9(m): 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

There is nothing wrong in bowing down as a posture of respect but when it becomes a posture of worship is when you are going too far.
then what then is your argument when the people in question have traversed ur claim of worship of Mary?
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2019
Yale9:
then what then is your argument when the people in question have traversed ur claim of worship of Mary?

"Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God" (Leviticus 26:1).

This is the bone of contention especially in your houses of worship. cool
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Yale9(m): 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God" (Leviticus 26:1).

so?
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Yale9(m): 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

even what you posted shows that just like many other Protestants, you may just have problem with contextual understanding. “For I am the Lord your God” ends ur quote. Which means the mischief that the quote tries to address is the bowing down to an image as a lord/God.
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14am On Jan 06, 2019
Yale9:

even what you posted shows that just like many other Protestants, you may just have problem with contextual understanding. “For I am the Lord your God” ends ur quote. Which means the mischief that the quote tries to address is the bowing down to an image as a lord/God.

Compare that with the documentation on the OP under the subtitle of 'bowing down to images.'
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Yale9(m): 12:25am On Jan 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Compare that with the documentation on the OP under the subtitle of 'bowing down to images.'
people may bow down in front of stuff, for whatever reason best known to dem. But “bowing down to” stuff in worship. Haba! Even these people who indeed are the majority of the world’s Christians have said no! They do not worship these images. Is there even a contest here?
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41am On Jan 06, 2019
Yale9:

people may bow down in front of stuff, for whatever reason best known to dem. But “bowing down to” stuff in worship. Haba! Even these people who indeed are the majority of the world’s Christians have said no! They do not worship these images. Is there even a contest here?

Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Yale9(m): 5:55am On Jan 06, 2019
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=74490967][/quote] maybe you cannot he helped no more. You say they worship Mary, they say they do not, you seem to know more about their worship of Mary than even the “Mary worshippers” themselves.
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by orisa37: 6:38am On Jan 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Roman Catholicism, Mary and Idolatry

Roman Catholics have an extremely high view of Mary and have attributed some astounding characteristics and abilities to her, such as her interceding for us, atoning for us, and delivering our souls from damnation: (See documentation below)

https://carm.org/roman-catholicism-mary-idolatry?

They are The Ways, The Truth and The Life of The Majesty and Worship of The Supreme Spirit.
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2019
orisa37:

They are The Ways, The Truth and The Life of The Majesty and Worship of The Supreme Spirit.

Who else did you say is the way again? undecided
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by orisa37: 5:24am On Jan 08, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Who else did you say is the way again? undecided

No other than Jesus Christ and The various Ways we recorded His Birth, His Interactions and His Resurrection.
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by ochibuogwu5: 8:34am On Jan 08, 2019
YOU ARE WRITING FROM ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT MARY AND ROMAN CATHOLICISM; YOUR EXAMPLES WITH MARY SHOWS YOU ARE WRITING BASED UPON HEAR SAY,
BRING UP CITATIONS FROM CATHOLIC DOCTRINES/DOGMAS/TEACHINGS AND SHOW THE CONTRADICTORY SCRIPTURES THEN YOU MAY GET RESPONSE FROM THOSE WHO ARE SOUND THAT ARE PROMPTED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT TO ANSWER YOU.
HOWEVER THINK ABOUT THIS;
THE POWER OF JESUS CHRIST GRACE:
As Jesus Christ speaks to us in his gospels/Scriptures, something precedes his truth to make us *understand, believe and compel us to use/act/obey* on his word AND THAT THING IS *GRACE*
The Grace of GOD does not just allow you hear the words of the sound gospel by *informing you* rather *it forcefully compels you to obey and practice righteousness with effortless input/ease*
Grace is what makes a Christian to willingly obey God's righteous standards from *within* without anybody in the *external telling you what to do and what not to do*

Any gospel that is not preceded by Grace will only *kill a man's soul* just like *hearing the law of Moses* and later leave him/her more *hardened in committing sin*
hence we need to always ask the Holy Spirit to fill his words that we study and preach with *his grace* so that we shall always be *compelled to obey* every instruction from the Holy Spirit for our lives *to the end* thus "the grace of GOD *teaches us* to live upright, Godly and self-controlled life in this generation(2019)..." {Titus 2:11-12}
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Yale9(m): 9:26am On Jan 08, 2019
orisa37:

No other than Jesus Christ and The various Ways we recorded His Birth, His Interactions and His Resurrection.
Wow! This is golden. Fatality!!!!

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2019
ochibuogwu5:

YOU ARE WRITING FROM ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT MARY AND ROMAN CATHOLICISM; YOUR EXAMPLES WITH MARY SHOWS YOU ARE WRITING BASED UPON HEAR SAY,
BRING UP CITATIONS FROM CATHOLIC DOCTRINES/DOGMAS/TEACHINGS AND SHOW THE CONTRADICTORY SCRIPTURES THEN YOU MAY GET RESPONSE FROM THOSE WHO ARE SOUND THAT ARE PROMPTED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT TO ANSWER YOU.
HOWEVER THINK ABOUT THIS;
THE POWER OF JESUS CHRIST GRACE:
As Jesus Christ speaks to us in his gospels/Scriptures, something precedes his truth to make us *understand, believe and compel us to use/act/obey* on his word AND THAT THING IS *GRACE*
The Grace of GOD does not just allow you hear the words of the sound gospel by *informing you* rather *it forcefully compels you to obey and practice righteousness with effortless input/ease*
Grace is what makes a Christian to willingly obey God's righteous standards from *within* without anybody in the *external telling you what to do and what not to do*

Any gospel that is not preceded by Grace will only *kill a man's soul* just like *hearing the law of Moses* and later leave him/her more *hardened in committing sin*
hence we need to always ask the Holy Spirit to fill his words that we study and preach with *his grace* so that we shall always be *compelled to obey* every instruction from the Holy Spirit for our lives *to the end* thus "the grace of GOD *teaches us* to live upright, Godly and self-controlled life in this generation(2019)..." {Titus 2:11-12}

Have you read the documentation below the opening post? undecided
Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34pm On Jan 13, 2019
The Force

Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Yale9(m): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2019
God bless Catholics all over the world, for Christianity is an undivided religion. And the Catholic/universal church is proof of that.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by PrincewithGod(m): 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2019
Outright idolatry.

Re: Roman Catholicism, Mary And Idolatry by Yale9(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2019
Glory to Jesus! I do not protest against truth or greatness or the church. I will never be a protestant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Starring at lustful images and videos (wicked Spirit Of lust) / How Stem Cells And MRNA Vaccines Could Be Used To Cure Many Diseases / Benny Hinn Caught With Another Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.