Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! (9471 Views)

Alison-maueke; Sanusi Has Totally Lost His Mind – Fani-kayode / This Is What Sanusi Lamido Has To Say On Gen. M Buhari / CBN Governor Lamido Sanusi Has 7 Bullet-Proof Cars - CKN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by Nixo: 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2010
@ElRazur, How can one aquire Tring in Nigeria?
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by GNBohr: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2010
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]I plead for your patience to read this.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[/font]
My people this is business not sentiments. Why are those claiming to feel sorry for HiTv being sentimental and uneccessarily patriotic in their submission. Why wont we for once try to be reasonably objective and learn hard but true lessons from this HiTv misadventure. Afterall this is not the first business premised on a model that is highly unsustainable. In any business model you require three things to drive sustenance, these are: Vision, Competence and Discipline

You need vision to start any venture and living the vision require competence in forms of knowledge, skill, attitude, people, finance, technology and customer relationship. The discipline is what is required in management in order to continuously meet targets and surpass them, amongst all the forms of discipline, financial discipline is critical.

Considering HiTv issue, clearly they failed in what matters most and I will take you on a short route:

Toyin Subair worked for so long with DSTV and lived on their money and learnt their business and got his HiTV vision from them. At that time no one is saying South Africans are bad. At that time they were not doing capital flight. Some accussed MTN but where were your thieving billionaires when the first round of GSM licence were being offered.?

Toyin fought a good battle against monopoly in the DTH business knowing fully well that that is the meaning of buying a right. We all supported him but what did he do with the victory? He became a worst monopolist. He sold our Nigerian broadcast right to the British. How? From $4million, he forked out $36million just to force his own brand of monopoly on Nigerians. What did we get?? You all can answer to that question.

You people said he needed 15 years in order to build content just like DSTV. I tell you go and ask Glo and Adenuga how he competed with the MTN  and even pushed Zain from second place. MTN had been operating almost a decade in other African countries before coming to Nigeria and started two clear years ahead of Glo. Nigerians are no patronising Glo because it is a Nigerian company but because Glos is giving us a near equal if not better alternative.

Toyin's HiTV fought all the stakeholders in the business, more depressingly other Nigerian owned DTH companies when he needed to build alliances. He with one stupid move destroy all the public trust he built by harrassing his corporate customers, something his predeccessor and powerful teacher ans competitor did not and is not doing. Toying did not build a sustainable structure, his service was poorer, his content unattractive, his pricing questionable, his methods antithetic, his technology far behind. His business model too presumptious.

If Toyin had really palnned for the sustainability of his venture, he would not have experienced this. Let me tell you, you bought a right far too exorbitantly beyond what is reasonably sustainable because you wanted to prove a stupid point of " I can also do it". What is the business sense in offering to buy a product hitherto sold at $4million at $36million. This is extreme madness. You only made the seller realised how poorly he has been pricing his commodity. Common economic and commercial sense will tell the seller to increase the price at the same or higher rate when next you or another buyer come asking for it.

Try and calculate the percentage increase from $4m to $36m, that is 800%. Now from $36 to $100 that he went to stupidly bid for, again outbidding DSTV, that is 177.77%. Yet he could not pay and you all are here blaming Sanusi. Toyin's HiTV could not and did not do the simple thing Sanusi is telling everybody - Risk Analysis. Simple. GT Bank did not get the guarantee just like their name suggests, may be simply because they did their own Risk Analysis. Did Sanusi tell Toyin to go and claim what he is not.

You people talk about pricing, what did you expect when somebody bought a commodity for $36m instead of $4m, for him to resell such non-deteriorating product he will have to add his profit margin, logistic costs and all other value added costs. So when your honourable Subair jerked his subscription from 3,500 naira to 6,000 naira, you now know why. He was even considerate because the increment is merely 71.43%. Just for one product when his competitor(s) have sundry products.

If DSTV decides to increase subscription from the present 9,500 naira, please know where to lay your blame. Calculate this, from $4m to $100m is 2,400%. That is the price DSTV has to pay to reclaim their mandate. The business of DTH was introduced and developed by DSTV in Nigeria. They know their turf. All other talk is just cheap blackmail. Hundreds Nigerians work directly for DSTV and Toyin Subair is one of their products and former employee. Thousands of Nigerians still work indirectly with and for DSTV.

Toyin needs some basic lessons in business and because he was in a foolish hurry, he failed to learn them and is paying for it by learning the hard way. Toyin is a Yoruba man and his people always say that it he who has money that owns business, they also say that it is money that is used in producing money.

Let him start all over again, it is not too late. He may decide to consult Adenuga for some hard lessons in falling and rising up again, a la CIL and Glo.

I have had my say, for those who wants to whip up sentiments and patriotism, I wish all the best. But remember in the business of making money, there is nothing like sentiments and patriotism. Good luck to you all.

Sorry for any grammatical error and misspellings, I wrote this in a hurry.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by stereotype: 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2010
@ GNBohr, Thanks for your post. it was educative to me.

Hitv was crap anyway, I bought the decoder, paid for the subscription, only to discover all they had to offer was the EPL.
I still paid the DSTV subscription along side. I realized eventually that my HITV decoder was a complete waste and i stopped paying for the subscription and watched the EPL in bars.
good riddance to bad rubbish, i can't be paying fro crap cos i want to be patriotic.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by Jarus(m): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2010
odiaero:

b ut come to think of it, this is stealing by trick, $40 million gone just like that
Dem beg u to bid? Dem no see the terms before applying?
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by rapidfire: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2010
bullshit. hitv is fucking crap.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by haboosa(m): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2010
Jarus:

Dem beg u to bid? Dem no see the terms before applying?
abioo i wonder why they wan bid again after they don Bleep up well, blinking thwarts embarassed
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by duvaale: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2010
For those that love Enyimba and Rangers playing on bald, dusty piches and running on empty stomach because someone forgot to pay their salaries and its only ice block and panadol in the first aid box, well, go and watch tbem in the unsafe stadia where you could be robbed of your phone and money in the full glare of helpless policemen.

For those that love Shooting Stars, Sunshine and Gateway FC playing on bald, dusty piches and running on empty stomach because someone forgot to pay their salaries and its only ice block and panadol in the first aid box, well, go and watch tbem in their ALAYE GROUNDS where you will not only be robbed of your phone and money but also have your face splashed with urine in the full glare of Nigerian policemen.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by Jjamah(m): 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2010
So so sad,  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by Jencejyde(m): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2010
Why all the whining! Was Hitv really offering quality services to Nigerians apart from the EPL and they even increased their monthly subscription outrageously. Why was HITV not sourcing for contents and busy chasing viewing centers . GREED i SUPPOSE. ROME was not built in a day and if HITV had done their strategic analysis then they would have sought popular opinion from us THE CONSUMERS before making their decisions.

After all its a Nigerian company and most of us not all would be glad to support, but with the type of stuff they deliver and the price they put up for that rubbish(Imagine watching TROY almost everyday on their movie channel, DAMN!!!!) It's just Ludacris! Before you attack your competition make at least a four to five year strategic plan, Dont they have competent people on the HITV board to know all this, I really don't see the need for sympathy in all this, It's a case not preparing for the future.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by odedele: 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2010
no b d same sanusi say e go sell banks 2 south africa? mumu like him
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by haboosa(m): 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2010
no be sanusi do them oo na them do themselves imagine whenever there is rain Hitv will be fluctuating , i think Naija still need a very long way to go to catch up with the rest of the world, i was not surprise at all grin
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by soloqy: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2010
haboosa:

no be sanusi do them oo na them do themselves [b]imagine whenever there is rain Hitv will be fluctuating , [/b]i think Naija still need a very long way to go to catch up with the rest of the world, i was not surprise at all grin

Whenever it rains, DSTV fluctuates too
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by soloqy: 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2010
invisible!:

@nex, how much is the sign on fee of an enyimba player? Is it enough to pay a healthy mai guard? Why should we blindly follow the local league with all its negativities, same way we ask for our blind leaders with all their mediocrity. If I have my way, a Brit will be ruling Nigeria by now!

The part of your post that I highlighted, tells me that you know nothing of Nigerian football let alone ENYIMBA FOOTBALL CLUB. I am gum-smacked to read such a thing from you. Its Enyimba you are talking about and most of the players earn more than freshers in Nigerian second generation banks.

And you can quote me on that.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by ayojango(m): 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nigeria is a sick country which Nigerian bank will lend u $60 million dollars now,ALSO WHAT WAS THE FORE CAST OF HITV the problem of this country is that we never plan for the future.i prefer DSTV better presentation,and effects.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by soloqy: 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Those British folks are some crafty fraudsters!

HiTV wanted just 4 days extra to present their guarantee. But they hurriedly called DSTV to come and pay $100 Million.

You know why?? Because that way, they(the british) get $140 million. Based on the bid agreement, HiTV loses the $40 million deposit it paid. 

Sad thing is that just 4 years ago, DSTV was paying $4 million for the same rights. You would think they should be glad to have HiTV as a new friend. But no, the backstabbers that the British have always been known to be, would rather have the White South Africans dominate the landscape.

Even more annoying is the fact that Sanusi, the cause of this loss wants to take all our banks and give it to the same White South Africans!!
This is an apogee of rapery on Nigeria's only hope- The Private Sector!

In reference to the part in bold, yes DSTV was paying just 4million dollars for the license four years ago but your man Toyin Subair, in a desperate move to take the license, bid almost 10 times that amount(it was a closed bid). So they in effect, set themselves up for failure. Probably with the belief that the seemingly endless streams of cash flow from corrupt politicians would continue.
This also tells me that they had no other plan for the company than the EPL. DSTV didnt push them to make that bid , did they?

A lot of us are former HITV loyalists and we say, good riddance to bad rubbish. If Hitv had retained this License, they probably would have raised the subscription to 9k or something of that sort. Which brings me to another point. Do you realize that in all the years of DSTV operating in Nigeria, they have never done an increase of more than Five percent in their subscription fee at any given time? But Hitv, after hoodwinking Nigerians and deceiving us into accepting them as the messiah to 'save us from DSTV', they did an almost hundred percent increase in one fell swoop.
Do you realize that contrary to what you and other stake holders of Hitv would have us believe, that DSTV actually employs a lot more Nigerians both directly and indirectly than HITV. Is it only in your Ebutte Metta office and the recent Issac John street office that you employ the 'millions' that you guys claim?

Do you realize that local content on DSTV is much more than Hitv can ever dream about? While Hitv was busy chasing people around, DSTV was equally busy gathering people around and looking for ways to engage people with ideas thus we now have so many Nigerian-focused channels and programs on DSTV.

As Adam told Cain after he got angry at Abel's accepted gift , "If you do what is right, would you not be accepted"?
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by Amhatu(m): 12:29am On Jul 27, 2010
@ PapaBrowne, Well Stated your 1st & 2nd post (I may be a little off Topic but feel i should say this). The  stations AfricaMagic & DSTV are owned  by South African Companies.

Not Anything against any South African but it seems corprate intrest in South Africa refuses to loan money to Nigerians and have attitudes towards Nigerians.

Now it seems these same corprate intrest have eased thier intrest to put a wedge between Ghanians and Nigerians.

We must really think now! I believe this is a attack on HitV(Nigerians) & the West Africa Film industry for control of our African content.

The root attack is targeted at Nigeria but aimed at Ghana through Nigeria Movie Success as been third largest (improving & growing).

The Recent ordeal with Hitv (Nigerian),seems thier trying to destroy Nigerian credibility by not letting it broadcast or have access to foriegn programming to have larger appeal.

The Upcomming Actors & producers (Ghanians and Nigerians) must not Fight each other but get to the root of the problem.

For example look at the Filthy movies that have tried to ease there way into Nigeria and was recently banned by Nigerian Censorship Board.

I garentee you these filthy people are trying to drive Nigerian Films a certain way from its original Nigerian Roots.

Movies like Ijele, Hamza, Beuatiful Soul,Amina (TChidi Chikere type of Style)as well as many  other Nigerian Producers have great talent showing the naija touch.

Just Hope Sanusi understands & not let upcomming small Nigerian Business men & Women Suffer, thought Chukwuma Soludo was a much better Central Bank Manager though.

Goodday,

Amhatu
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by Ebahdah: 2:21am On Jul 27, 2010
crythis is bad news to Nigeria economy,hundreds of people will lose their jobs,and the multiplier effect follows.What a pity Hitv,we appreciate yr effort.Truly Naija.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by otokx(m): 9:36am On Jul 27, 2010
Sanusi has no hand in this matter
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by haboosa(m): 9:40am On Jul 27, 2010
@soloqy
soloqy:

In reference to the part in bold, yes DSTV was paying just 4million dollars for the license four years ago but your man Toyin Subair, in a desperate move to take the license, bid almost 10 times that amount(it was a closed bid). So they in effect, set themselves up for failure. Probably with the belief that the seemingly endless streams of cash flow from corrupt politicians would continue.
This also tells me that they had no other plan for the company than the EPL. DSTV didnt push them to make that bid , did they?

A lot of us are former HITV loyalists and we say, good riddance to bad rubbish. If Hitv had retained this License, they probably would have raised the subscription to 9k or something of that sort. Which brings me to another point. Do you realize that in all the years of DSTV operating in Nigeria, they have never done an increase of more than Five percent in their subscription fee at any given time? But Hitv, after hoodwinking Nigerians and deceiving us into accepting them as the messiah to 'save us from DSTV', they did an almost hundred percent increase in one fell swoop.
Do you realize that contrary to what you and other stake holders of Hitv would have us believe, that DSTV actually employs a lot more Nigerians both directly and indirectly than HITV. Is it only in your Ebutte Metta office and the recent Issac John street office that you employ the 'millions' that you guys claim?

Do you realize that local content on DSTV is much more than Hitv can ever dream about? While Hitv was busy chasing people around, DSTV was equally busy gathering people around and looking for ways to engage people with ideas thus we now have so many Nigerian-focused channels and programs on DSTV.

As Adam told Cain after he got angry at Abel's accepted gift , "If you do what is right, would you not be accepted"?

What is your stand ? as have carefully read all your comment you dont seems to have a stand,DSTV for me i think is better than HITV
and for the issue of Eyimba i think you dont understand what is call Nigerian League at all, abeg how many years have you been following Nigerian League? grin
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by haboosa(m): 9:58am On Jul 27, 2010
@ Soloqy I dont seems to understand why people come to this forum to brag without the bragging rights and facts, why do all this Nigerian best players , somebody like Mike Eneramo , Endurance Idahor(rip), Stephen Worgu, Aliyu mohammed, mike ochei,emeka nwwana,even obinna nwaneri etal whom in their days with the Nigerian premier league plays for eyimba(except mike eneramo and enduarance idahor plays for Lobi and dolphins respectively)rushed for greener pastures in a war scattered country like sudan(after a successful season) if Nigerian league is good at all, i want to tell you that Bayelsa united despite the fact that the were the defending champions of the league has relegated due to poor funding, it is here in Nigeria that a club will be owing there players sign on fee for the whole season, infact Heartland is also having some problems rocking them too, for me i hate people bragging without fact as i see that in you.
Note: Obinna nwaneri went for trials in alhilal(sudan) before he eventually signed for esperance du tunis
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by Chongaiman: 10:50am On Jul 27, 2010
From the majority of the replies to this thread, it is obvious that SLS is not to blame for HiTV's woes.

@sology
I believe you meant to say God rather than Adam.
You've also whet my appetite regarding Enyimba's salaries. How much na?
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by Chinoanyi(m): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2010
i told u guys then here wen this bullshit caled sanusi came up wit bank capitalization that he sanusi is a agent of destabilization to Nigeria banking growth, how will a manager of the CBN come out opne to say bank have liqudity proplem why cant they inject the money they injected into the bank and save time and energy, the worst is still to come ,lets just watch out sanusi and there nothern brothers wat dey ve in mind, as of me sanusi will b jailed one day mark my word today
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by jerrywoo(m): 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2010
Who say's dstv has just 400,000 subscribers , thats a laugh, i know for a fact, that 100,000 new systems where activated last year alone!
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by soloqy: 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2010
haboosa:

@soloqy What is your stand ? as have carefully read all your comment you dont seems to have a stand,DSTV for me i think is better than HITV
and for the issue of Eyimba i think you dont understand what is call Nigerian League at all, abeg how many years have you been following Nigerian League? grin

How can you read all that I posted and still come to the conclusion that I dont have a stand? What exactly do you mean by stand? Did I not clearly state the issues with Hitv? Is it not pretty obvious that DSTV is better than Hitv? Did you read the first part of my post at all or did you just read only the Enyimba bit?
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by Castalia: 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2010
We need to protect Nigerian companies, someway, somehow.

Foreign companies are rushing to do business in Nigeria, because naija is fertile for business.
But these fat bank account bullies from SA, Asia and Europe just milk the good from us, and export the cash back to their countries. At this rate, only the mega rich like Dangote and Adenuga will be able to compete with them when it comes to buying out the competition. Few Nigerian companies can survive in this atmosphere. We need to protect them from these foreign bullies.

HiTV was (or is) a noble and bold initiative, i respect them. They have their hitches, they did not improve their programming, YES i agree, but they are a new company, and all new companies experience such hitches. They would have gotten better with time. Don't hate them for fighting piracy - The cable companies should do what is right.

Nigeria must have policies in place to protect her own. Case in Point - Ghana.

Toyin Subair - get back to the drawing board. Sanusi, CBN or DSTV, it has happened. Look forward. Be bold and Bright, just maybe, you may rise again.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by soloqy: 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2010
haboosa:

@ Soloqy I dont seems to understand why people come to this forum to brag without the bragging rights and facts, why do all this Nigerian best players , somebody like Mike Eneramo , Endurance Idahor(rip), Stephen Worgu, Aliyu mohammed, mike ochei,emeka nwwana,even obinna nwaneri etal whom in their days with the Nigerian premier league plays for eyimba(except mike eneramo and enduarance idahor plays for Lobi and dolphins respectively)rushed for greener pastures in a war scattered country like sudan(after a successful season) if Nigerian league is good at all, i want to tell you that Bayelsa united despite the fact that the were the defending champions of the league has relegated due to poor funding, it is here in Nigeria that a club will be owing there players sign on fee for the whole season, infact Heartland is also having some problems rocking them too, for me i hate people bragging without fact as i see that in you.
Note: Obinna nwaneri went for trials in alhilal(sudan) before he eventually signed for esperance du tunis  

I would advise you to read people's comment properly before you get aroused into making a comment. My comment on Enyimba was a direct reply to someone here who said they dont earn a much as a maigard. Please scroll up and see it. I didnt mention any other club apart from Enyimba. Besides what is so scandalous about what I said? How much does a fresher in a new generation bank earn now? 80K? 77k? Please go find out.

The mentality of a Nigerian player(and coaches) is such that anywhere else is better than home as long as they would be listed as foreign based. Yusuf played for Enyimba for some years and won champions league with them but he never got invited to the National team till he moved "abroad" to Sudan.

Now check all those names you listed that went to Sudan for "greener pastures" like you say. Is it not the same team they all went to? One single team in Sudan controls the money and the league and you want to compare the standard of play to Nigerian League? Even with all their money, how many times has Alhilal od Sudan gone into the group stages of the Champions League? It statistics we are dealing with here and not mere hearsay. Now compare that to how many times Nigerian teams get into the group stage of Champions league. Statistics dont lie.

I would urge you to discard your mindset about the state of the pitches and all those lapses you mention and try and watch the Nigerian league matches on Super sport select and you will have a little more insight on their game play.

All that aside, I would still want to bring you back to my earlier point that I was directly countering what someone said about Enyimba players not earning up to Maigard's salary.

Before you continue arguing with me unnecessarily, please note that Sharks is not the most buoyant team in Nigerian League but they paid 7million Naira as sign on fee for Victor Ezeji and Victor has now moved to Rangers for even better pay. You can read it here : http://www.kickoff.com/news/14027/victor-ezeji-dumps-sharks-for-rangers.php . Someone will jump in and say that 7 million is not much as sign on fee but some English clubs still pay such an amount for players: Silvestre- Arsenal anyone remember?
Its well documented that Heartland, Rangers and of course, Enyimba pays better than sharks. You talk about teams in Nigeria having financial difficulties as if its only in Nigeria. Its a global trend my friend. Valancia came third in the La Liga but they are bankcrupt and thats why they are selling any one they can so that they can pay their depts. Thats why David Villa has gone, David Silva has gone and about four more that you will be hearing about soon.

Do you realize that  Barcelona didnt pay the salaries of players in June? Please go find out.Its well documented. What about Portsmouth? The issue with people on Nairaland is that when it involves Nigeria, it becomes a never heard of taboo but when its in some foreign land, well its normal after all.

You try and objectively digest all I have said to you now before I give you more info on the players in Enyimba and some other teams and how much they earn.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by Ejike3: 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2010
Invisible :

@nex, how much is the sign on fee of an enyimba player? Is it enough to pay a healthy mai guard? Why should we blindly follow the local league with all its negativities, same way we ask for our blind leaders with all their mediocrity. If I have my way, a Brit will be ruling Nigeria by now!

Listen to my brother. I can't believe this.  embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided undecided  angry angry angry cry cry cry cry cry cry
I LOVE MY COUNRTY.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by labalaba4: 9:45pm On Jul 27, 2010
Read this, and understand that it was not actually Sanusi, but Fashola, Tinubu and TOYIN SUBAIR himself that fokked up!! angry angry angry

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-485069.0.html
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by invisible2(m): 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2010
My point is, I have always loved going to Nigerian stadiums to watch soccer since I was small. What I see today in our local league makes me want to cry, and when something makes me sad the best thing I do is to turn my face away in disgust. The way we run our soccer her is repulsive to say the least.

What I was trying to say about Enyimba does not concern Enyimba alone, it concerns all our local teams. Yes, the players are very poorly paid and the payments are very irregular, the state govts sometimes claim its budget delays or the absence of a signatory that makes them misbehave. All these impart on the players who play poorly (compared to their foreign counterparts).

Have you not witnessed a fight in the Nigerian stadiums, free for all! No police to protect you. The ref will blow for an infringement and home players will refuse, they will swamp the ref and delay the match till night just to avoid defeat. We are making a caricature of ourself daily. I say, switch off the local league till it is organized, till funds will flow in, till the refs get more trained/protected, till the stadium is filling up with thousands of screaming/singing fans, till we can use the abundant talent that is in naija, till that day, let's watch EPL, La liga, etc. That's my own position.
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by mygee33(m): 12:23am On Jul 28, 2010
HiTv tends to be very greedy thats their problem. Multi choice have been handling EPL and britain slowly and steadily and as such were only paying $4m for the rights. Now see where the n=benchmark is now in less than 5 years. Who will bear the $40m loss now
Re: See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! by haboosa(m): 9:36am On Jul 28, 2010
@ SOLOQY , It is very obvious that you dont seems to understand my plight as regard the football development in Nigeria? In all standard Nigeria is better than Sudan & co, infact the the latest fifa rankings reveal that as well, but why is it that Nigerian football has not yet develop ? the likes of enyimba , Heartland(formerly spartans), Rangers, shooting e.t.c that had in the past put Nigeria football in to lime light but now couldnt replicate those achievement any longer? we shouldnt be looking at other people antecedent to judge our own success, we should learn how to portray why we are tagged the giant of Africa. The likes sudan should be seeing us as role model not a we looking up to them, The Glass house is even not helping the matters as the like of Bolaji Ojo-oba, Amanzi Uchegbulam, taiwo ogunjobi and sanni lulu are all their to fulfill their promise pocket s (although they are sacked now).
More so, the likes of Victor Ezeji that are now making waves now on Nigerian premier league had suffered then in the past( check what happened when dolphins relegated then) , he lead the hungry players to relegation before leaving for tunisia for trials , spent a season there and come back home, so making money he had laboured for now.
For sudan, it is not only alhilal but there closest rival too al mereek.
And for the statistics that u said i should compare between despite there spendings they havnt won the champions league before check http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Sports/caf-champions-league-past-winners.php so we dont need to be going to them they suppose to be coming to us.
if you understand what i mean WE SHOULD REMAIN THE GIANT NOT WHAT WE ARE NOW. so let us criticise them(NFF) so as for them to put us to where we belong in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inter Party Debate Live On TV / INEC Urged To Weed Out Officials Responsible For Logistics Problems / Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.